gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gem$tone wrote: »
    Rasta. wrote: »
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    Bro's... Re-watch season 1.. It was an excellent refresher.. Now my anger is directed at the right folks.. Cersai and Sansa ? .. lmao...

Smartest muhfucka in the 7 Kingdons was Robert and Stannis lil Brother.. That ? saw the writing on the wall and got the ? outta dodge!.. lmfaoo..

What Robert?

King Robert Baratheon.. Ned Stark's friend.. I hope I got his name right..

Nah, his ass was stupid too. He was just a good fighter. He let hit right hand man, his day one do or die get stabbed up by his wife's brother. If he was smart, he would have parlayed that insult to the crown, with a clearance of his debt to the lannisters and made them cough up a yearly repentance fee to insure that his coffers never went empty. And if them muhfukaz would've acted froggy, it would have paved the way for war, which he was thirsty for and Renly to introduce Margaery. And ? over his ? wife because she would have had to side with her family which would be treason.

? what is you saying?
    Bro's... Re-watch season 1.. It was an excellent refresher.. Now my anger is directed at the right folks.. Cersai and Sansa ? .. lmao...

Smartest muhfucka in the 7 Kingdons was Robert and Stannis lil Brother.. That ? saw the writing on the wall and got the ? outta dodge!.. lmfaoo..

What Robert?

Nah, his ass was stupid too. He was just a good fighter. He let hit right hand man, his day one do or die get stabbed up by his wife's brother. If he was smart, he would have parlayed that insult to the crown, with a clearance of his debt to the lannisters and made them cough up a yearly repentance fee to insure that his coffers never went empty. And if them muhfukaz would've acted froggy, it would have paved the way for war, which he was thirsty for and Renly to introduce Margaery. And ? over his ? wife because she would have had to side with her family which would be treason.

? what is you saying?

Bruh.. smh lmaoo
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

What Robert?

? what is you saying?

I'm here trying to figure out the same ? .

Lmao

Pardon me, I'm on mobile and was trying to get why I was saying across without titangraphs.

But this is my thoughts on Robert Baratheon.

Ned Stark was his day one homie from his days in the vale under Jon Arryn. He damn near owe his crown to him. Ned was more of a brother to him than his own brothers.

When Jaime stabbed Ned in the leg and killed Ned's house guards, Baratheon ordered Ned to make peace with the Lannisters. All because he didn't want to hear his wife complain and he owed money from borrowing from the Lannisters.

My thing is, that assault was clearly a violation and that's why Jaime fled afterwards. Had Baratheon sent out ravens declaring Jaime a fugitive for treason to the crown, the Lannisters would have had only two ways to respond. Either tuck tail and beg pardons, which may have been unlikely, or call their banners to prepare for war against the crown. Which Baratheon, being a war monger, was thirsty for some action anyway. As shown when he wanted to participate in the tourney of the hand.
    And looking at the bigger picture, even though the Lannisters were very rich and very powerful, I doubt they would risk going against the rest of the six kingdoms. So they would have had to try and resolve things peacefully. That would mean a cleared debt for the crown, in addition to having the Lannisters send them large payments yearly as repentance.

But if the Lannisters chose war, then more than likely Cersei would have sided with her family. He could have claimed treason and nullified his marriage to her.

Side note, during that same time, Renly was trying to gain favor with highgarden and convince his brother and Ned how much Margaery resembled Ned's sister Lyanna. By removing Cersei from her position, Margaret and her powerful and equally rich family would have been a very worthy replacement.

So either way, Baratheon couldn't lose. Yet he let his man suffer instead of acting like a king with the ultimate power to do something.

Now with that, if y'all still don't understand me, then pardon my grammar and inability to adequately formulate my thought in a coherent manner regarding the follies of Robert Baratheon.

Lol

Maybe Robert would have taken Jamie's actions as an attack on the crown had Cat had not already falsely imprisoned Tyrion

That's the reason Jamie confronted Ned

You make some good points but at that point in time the only thing Robert wanted to do was eat, drink and ?

Even still you don't attack the crown whatever the reason. The hand is basically the king. A slight to the hand in any way is an affront to the crown. And the rest of the great houses is like the Mafia. You can't murder someone from another family unless you get the ok or you will get murdered yourself. There were rules and Jaime ? on those rules. Now if Ned wasn't the hand, I could see things being different. But he was the hand so his word were the words of the kings and to make matters worse he was basically baratheons closest friend. You don't let someone you barely even like do that to your day one homie. If Jamie felt some type of way he was supposed to go directly to the king with his grievance. And baratheon told ned he wanted more than the politics of court. He told Ned that he yearned for battle to swing his warhammer through metal on the battlefield. He just resigned himself to drinking and ? because nobody tried no ? since the greyjoys.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? @sion jus gon' kidnap the bastard eh??
    he aint lettin that boy go! lol
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who d win between Khal Drago and the Mountain?

I'd go with the mountain.

Drago didn't wear armor. Nor did he have the knowledge to attack the joints of the armor like the viper did. ? , Jorah gave it to khal's bloodriders and the mountain is 20x the fighter Jorah was.
    Only way Drogo has a chance is if the mountain was without armor. And even then his chance of victory is slim.

What about daario versus drogo?

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So i showed my friend who s necer seen GOT the scrap between Martell and The Mountain......after she got herself together from throwing up and ? ...she was like why he aint ? him instead of running his mouth...im like thats what we ve all been saying...
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Id go with the Mountain over Drago, IDK why either. I just would. I think I just cant get him making dudes head explode out of my brain, no pun intended. Both are unfuckwithable tho...
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    Mountain over drogo. Dothraki fight close range. Main reason oberyn was workin the mountain was cuz he kept his distance and had him running around...tired him out some.
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bronn is that dude. ? 's sword game is very underrated
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    BRIENNE OF HANDS
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    This was crazy.... he should have taken Edmure's advice SMMFH. Robb was one of my favourite characters but he ? this one up Jesus....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvUGkw8Syj4

I was Rollin with the Starks up until that point. I wanted them ? to die after the scene..
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think Khal Drogo. Mountain was just big and powerful that's why men feared him but I don't think as a knight, skill-wise he was all that. You don't need skill when you're 8 feet tall and weigh 500 lbs of rippling muscle n/h. Robert Baratheon in his prime could have beaten the Mountain. He slayed Rhaegar Targaryen in a 1 on 1 fair and square.

My tier list for best swordsmen in GoT from the beginning of the show would look like this:

1. Jaime Lannister
    2. Ser Baristan "The Bold" Selmy*
    3. Brienne of Tarth
    4. Loras Tyrell
    5. The Hound/Sandor Clegane (unlike his brother he was renowned for being as skillful as he was powerful and imposing)
    5. Syrio Forel*
    6. Oberyn Martell
    7. Khal Drogo
    8. The Mountain
    9. Jorah Mormont
    10. Qhorin Halfhand

* Baristan & Jaime are interchangeable I think if Baristan was Jaime's age it might be a diff't story

(before yall hate on Syrio - he's from Braavos and the "water dancing" is a versatile and a feared style in the books. Also in the books, in Braavos, men who have their swords out at night can be challenged to a duel at anytime. It's actually apart of their culture and they do it to see whose the best. The fact that Syrio is as old as he is and still alive means he had to have been nice af. he did beat several knights with a wooden sword)

As of right now:

1. Brienne of Tarth
    2. Loras Tyrell
    3. Bronn
    4. Jorah Mormont
    5. Jon Snow (my son)

@Sion are you high or I am? In the books as well as on the show, Ned never took an L so what gives?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd go with the mountain.

Drago didn't wear armor. Nor did he have the knowledge to attack the joints of the armor like the viper did. ? , Jorah gave it to khal's bloodriders and the mountain is 20x the fighter Jorah was.
    Only way Drogo has a chance is if the mountain was without armor. And even then his chance of victory is slim.

What about daario versus drogo?

This. Drogo may possibly have been the better fighter, but the armor is a major advantage in the Mountain's favor.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just caught up to the last 2 eps

NIGGGGASSSSSS NIGGAAAAAASSSSS

NIGAAAAAAAAS

NIGGAAAAASS

WTF
    DID THAT ? REALLY HAPPEN?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allistair Thorne vs. Tormund Giantsbane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUlMfFinu4A

Thorne is a much better character in the show. In the books, he's pretty much just an ? .
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Idk how they made me like that wildling broad so fast then killed had my soul bourning, and they let u knoq know early she was gona die, then they had her going off, im like well dam she might live she got skills

NOPE
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Dam all the characters i gave a ? ,about are dead except brian and ddp i said my farewells to early to that dude i knew he was poisoned idk why that dorne broad saved him tho she,probaly would of got hanged or some ?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Its like dam we doing all tbis fighting and killing over pettyness and the devil is picking up our friends and foes bodys right into his army to ? us
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What Robert?

? what is you saying?

What Robert?

Nah, his ass was stupid too.

? what is you saying?

Bruh.. smh lmaoo
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

What Robert?

? what is you saying?

I'm here trying to figure out the same ? .

Lmao

Pardon me, I'm on mobile and was trying to get why I was saying across without titangraphs.

But this is my thoughts on Robert Baratheon.

Ned Stark was his day one homie from his days in the vale under Jon Arryn. He damn near owe his crown to him. Ned was more of a brother to him than his own brothers.

When Jaime stabbed Ned in the leg and killed Ned's house guards, Baratheon ordered Ned to make peace with the Lannisters. All because he didn't want to hear his wife complain and he owed money from borrowing from the Lannisters.

My thing is, that assault was clearly a violation and that's why Jaime fled afterwards. Had Baratheon sent out ravens declaring Jaime a fugitive for treason to the crown, the Lannisters would have had only two ways to respond. Either tuck tail and beg pardons, which may have been unlikely, or call their banners to prepare for war against the crown. Which Baratheon, being a war monger, was thirsty for some action anyway. As shown when he wanted to participate in the tourney of the hand.
    And looking at the bigger picture, even though the Lannisters were very rich and very powerful, I doubt they would risk going against the rest of the six kingdoms. So they would have had to try and resolve things peacefully. That would mean a cleared debt for the crown, in addition to having the Lannisters send them large payments yearly as repentance.

But if the Lannisters chose war, then more than likely Cersei would have sided with her family. He could have claimed treason and nullified his marriage to her.

Side note, during that same time, Renly was trying to gain favor with highgarden and convince his brother and Ned how much Margaery resembled Ned's sister Lyanna. By removing Cersei from her position, Margaret and her powerful and equally rich family would have been a very worthy replacement.

So either way, Baratheon couldn't lose. Yet he let his man suffer instead of acting like a king with the ultimate power to do something.

Now with that, if y'all still don't understand me, then pardon my grammar and inability to adequately formulate my thought in a coherent manner regarding the follies of Robert Baratheon.

Lol

Maybe Robert would have taken Jamie's actions as an attack on the crown had Cat had not already falsely imprisoned Tyrion

That's the reason Jamie confronted Ned

You make some good points but at that point in time the only thing Robert wanted to do was eat, drink and ?

Even still you don't attack the crown whatever the reason. The hand is basically the king. A slight to the hand in any way is an affront to the crown. And the rest of the great houses is like the Mafia. You can't murder someone from another family unless you get the ok or you will get murdered yourself. There were rules and Jaime ? on those rules. Now if Ned wasn't the hand, I could see things being different. But he was the hand so his word were the words of the kings and to make matters worse he was baically baratheons closest friend. You don't let someone you barely even like do that to your day one homie. If Jamie felt some type of way he was supposed to go directly to the king with his grievance. And baratheon told ned he wanted more than the politics of court. He told Ned that he yearned for battle to swing his warhammer through metal on the battlefield. He just resigned himself to drinking and ? because nobody tried no ? since the greyjoys.

jamie was wrong

but while robert's marriage to cersei was a sham, cat still falsely imprisoned his queen's brother

many would consider that an act of war

and even though i could argue cat did so out of necessity... she did so without the king's consent

furthermore before jamie confronted ned, robert had no legitimate reason to start a war with the lannisters...and to do so at that point in time would further divide an already fragile westeros

though he longed for battle, he knew he would need the lannisters, the richest houses in the kingdom at the time, on his side when the surviving targaryens and their dothraki army who were reportedly gaining strength made their way across the narrow sea

also each great house had their own militia ...robert's actually wanted the militias to unite under one banner... so he wasn't really trying to further the riff between house lannister and stark

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    I swear that white walker was going to have some creature come up out that lake for the giant

They need to make the giant run somelaps around westeros ? got tired from the equivalent of a bug stomping session
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    I dont want to watch any other show idk how ima seriously watch the walkind dead after this