power_wisdom
power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in The Reason
Jay said Use your - BRAAAAAAAIN! You said you been in this ten
I've been in it five - smarten up Nas
Four albums in ten years ? ? I could divide
That's one every let's say two, two of them ? was due
One was - NAHHH, the other was "Illmatic"
That's a one hot album every ten year average. Also Jay was in the game longer than Nas too. But the fact is It was Written was a classic. Infact some might say one of the best albums in that year. With Jay putting out Reasonable Doubt in the same year, my question is who album was better.

Jay-Z was talking nonsense on Takeover 104 votes

It was Written
54%
kingofkingzbuttuh_bblazn101supergangstermurdapchompolletscrapper1internationalda-gamespittanillerthekidanduinRobCoLifeqawshunBcotton5clairvoyanceilledoutbless the childza'kissnohiphop1illestni99ainne 57 votes
Reasonable Doubt
45%
coop1974aparadymeCracceRsoul rattlerblatalianthe ghostTrillaaaaaadouble0sugepower_wisdomTHE_R_gman82MECCA1000Knightrydermryoungguna-grave247esco sopranoTheEyeronic1soulfulcatJerfyTL3NU 47 votes

Comments

• power_wisdom
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    za'kiss wrote: »
    If this turns into Ether vs Takeover, please close thread for an eternity

It seems like you the only one who understood the thread. The point was ....did Jay have the right to criticize that album when some people might say itvwas better or at least on par with his debut? That why there is a poll.
    Yall complain about how the Reason fell off, but still decide to make threads about the same ? ...

Most of the music out compared the 90' s is wack.

• jon0hyfbg
    jon0hyfbg Members Posts: 194 ✭✭
    Options
    well jay does tho, cause that was Nas' second official album and Jay's first. And he technically does have just as many if not more solid albums than Nas. Nas is a great rapper but his albums post It Was Written always seem to miss something. they def have bangers but not enough to solidify it as classic.
  • jon0hyfbg
    jon0hyfbg Members Posts: 194 ✭✭
    Options
    well jay does tho, cause that was Nas' second official album and Jay's first. And he technically does have just as many if not more solid albums than Nas. Nas is a great rapper but his albums post It Was Written always seem to miss something. they def have bangers but not enough to solidify it as classic.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It was Written
    I think The Lost Tapes made up for the I Am\Nastradamus fiasco since it showed more cohesiveness using music from that recording period. There was so much that messed up those projects even though I Am was a solid album to me with a few weak spots. When the diss came out, people already considered It Was Written a classic\near classic. It had enough time to shake off the bad perceptions.
  • blatalian
    blatalian Members Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    Seems like Jay and Nas got past their beef better than tha fans...

On topic tho...gotta go wit' Reasonable Doubt...It Was Written is a banger...but to cosign what Louis Devinear just stated...I remember when IWW dropped and after Illmatic there was soooo much hype for that album that I don't think it could have ever lived up to Illmatic...it's a dope album and I still rock it today bit it's not tha seemingly perfect album that Illmatic was or tha clear classic RD was...just my opinion tho...Peace
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was Written
    It was written is miles better.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    Imo IWW was/is a dope album but RD is more solid of a classic .... IWW had some points taken away for going the mafioso route right after coming straight off a hood classic ... (same reason the critics slammed it)
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    jon0hyfbg wrote: »

Nas has one wack albums. Jay has at Lil ast 2 wack albums. And Nas has more classic albums. What are you talking about?
    He didn't say nah. He said one was uhmm the other was illmatic. And it wasn't nonsense. Coming off the heels of illmatic, it was written was kind of a let down. It eventually grew on most purists. For me it was dope just wasn't illmatic. So I see where jay was coming from when he said it. And this poll is stupid.

I got that quote off Google, but Vol 1 was a big let down campaired to RD. Some people said it was his worst album for years. Iww was better than Vol 1. So how can Jay say that album was umm. Where I' m from it was the ? . Not as perfect as Illmatic but stil a classic. And how is the poll stupid. Both albums came out in the same year with similar sbject matter. Both were NY lyrical albums too.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blatalian wrote: »
    Seems like Jay and Nas got past their beef better than tha fans...

On topic tho...gotta go wit' Reasonable Doubt...It Was Written is a banger...but to cosign what Louis Devinear just stated...I remember when IWW dropped and after Illmatic there was soooo much hype for that album that I don't think it could have ever lived up to Illmatic...it's a dope album and I still rock it today bit it's not tha seemingly perfect album that Illmatic was or tha clear classic RD was...just my opinion tho...Peace

10 year anniversary this year since they squashed it and appeared on stage, crazy how time flies
  • power_wisdom
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    I'm not going to lie, I like Nas better, but RD is slightly better than IWW in my opinion. It's on Illmatic level. IWW mishap was Nas is coming. But IWW is still a classic and was better than all of Jay-Z other albums.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    Nas is more consistent than Jay-Z but it was written is not a classic so the line isn't that out of context
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    and another - Biggie voice
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about another poll... 'Who is more of a stan' Superganster or Powerwisdom
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Jay Z is at his best when battling

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Illmatic (10/10), It Was Written (7/10), Stillmatic (7/10)>>>>>>>>>Jay Z's best album Reasonable Doubt (7/10)

Discography - Nas

Technical Lyricisim/MC-ing - 2 of the greatest ever at this very close but Jay Z

Subject Matter - Nas

Emotion - Nas

Flow - Jay Z

Beat Selection - Jay Z

Freestyling - Jay Z

• power_wisdom
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    How about another poll... 'Who is more of a stan' Superganster or Powerwisdom
    I made 4 threads about Nas out of 25 threads. I think you my stan. Get off my ? .