Game of Thrones Season 6 Thread

Options

Comments

• Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course I dont mean book years ? im saying the author hasn't mentioned this guy in 20 years not one character has got any form of closure why should benjen stark be different?
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'Where's Benjen String??' ass ? looking in the wrong direction. Question is where the ? is Rickon?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brothers

i swore a sacred vow to House ill and i fear i have been in grave dangers of breaking that oath. i have been out on a sensitive diplomatic mission ranging Eastwach By The Sea (traveling back and forth for work and pursuing comedy in NYC) I secured some land around Castle Liberty and am ready to return to my post

With that said:

its been 80 degrees all weeknand Cersei is rotting away in a dungeon slurping muck off the asphalt. Dont you tell me what ? can't do.
    By the light of the damn seven!

i jus damn near crashed! hahahaha
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im just gonna stay delusional and think Syrio Forel is still alive

thank u very much

"Not Today"

^^what i be sayin to death and ?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    So episode 10 is titled a Mother s Mercy.......whats yall hypotheses on this

Stannis or that red ? gon come for the daughter and the mom will have something to do with it

Cersei will get hers

Dany gon bring the dragons out for them ? that pop ? at the fighting pits. Or drogon will come back.
  • gem$tone
    gem$tone Members Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ desertrain10

Good ? . I can see that. I don't recall the united militia thing and you are absolutely right about the kings consent. Guess my biases towards the Lannisters blinded me. Coupled withntye fact that Ned was his boy, ? his brother from another. Ned went to war no questions so I figured anyone wild do the same for their ace regardless of who it was against. Ned's wife did wan him that the king wasn't the same friend from long ago though. Still think he should have sided with Ned though.
  • gem$tone
    Options
    Well they do make Loras out to be a young Jaime. Vicky with the skill to back it up. Plus he did do some trill ? over Renly's death and at dragonstone.
  • gem$tone
    Options
    Meant cocky with the skills to back it up.
  • gem$tone
    Options
    I like the dude from dorne with axe that protects the prince. Surprised a black dude is playing him.

Also I think oberyn should be number three. He'd give the hound the same work he gave the mountain. And the only reason Brienne is as good as she is, is because people underestimate her because she is a woman. They tired themselves out trying to end ? quickly. They wouldn't take that tactic against a man her size. Oberyn wouldn't make that mistake. In dorne women are respected as warriors as well.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So episode 10 is titled a Mother s Mercy.......whats yall hypotheses on this

There is speculation that a certain female character will show, but I doubt it.
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    My list of the Best Fighters In Westeros (REDONE)

My tier list for best swordsmen in GoT from the beginning of the show would look like this:

1. Jaime Lannister
    2. Ser Baristan "The Bold" Selmy*
    3. Brienne of Hands
    4. The Hound/Sandor Clegane
    5. Oberyn Martell
    6. Syrio Forel
    7. The Mountain
    8. Eddard Stark
    9. Bronn
    10. Tormund Giantsbane

- I changed Loras' position b/c true say we don't really know the true extent of his skill, just that he dropped the Mountain and Jaime Lannister in a joust. In terms of sheer skills they never really say for sure.

- can't gauge for sure if Jorah is a better knight than Ned Stark but in some instances in the first 3 books, I think I have cause to take him off the list and replace him with Ned.

- Nothing against Bronn sure he was good with knights but I'm giving Ned the edge for his work during Robert's Rebellion, including getting past Rhaegar's Kingsguard and Arthur Dayne (albeit having more men), Arthur Dayne is said to be one of the greatest swordsman in Westeros, with his sword - "The Sword of Morning" GOAT name for a sword.

I'm not a book reader but I have read some wiki so I'm just spit balling here. I don't think ned should be in anyone's top ten list, because it was stated that Brandon (The Wild Wolf), Ned's older brother was the sword fighter in the family. In fact it indirectly states that Ned was only average. And Ned states that Arthur Dayne would have killed him if it wasn't for Howland Reed.
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    Ranxx wrote: »
    My list of the Best Fighters In Westeros (REDONE)

My tier list for best swordsmen in GoT from the beginning of the show would look like this:

1. Jaime Lannister
    3. Brienne of Hands
    4. The Hound/Sandor Clegane
    5. Oberyn Martell
    6. Syrio Forel
    7. The Mountain
    8. Eddard Stark
    9. Bronn
    10. Tormund Giantsbane

- I changed Loras' position b/c true say we don't really know the true extent of his skill, just that he dropped the Mountain and Jaime Lannister in a joust. In terms of sheer skills they never really say for sure.

- can't gauge for sure if Jorah is a better knight than Ned Stark but in some instances in the first 3 books, I think I have cause to take him off the list and replace him with Ned.

- Nothing against Bronn sure he was good with knights but I'm giving Ned the edge for his work during Robert's Rebellion, including getting past Rhaegar's Kingsguard and Arthur Dayne (albeit having more men), Arthur Dayne is said to be one of the greatest swordsman in Westeros, with his sword - "The Sword of Morning" GOAT name for a sword.

I'm not a book reader but I have read some wiki so I'm just spit balling here. I don't think ned should be in anyone's top ten list, because it was stated that Brandon (The Wild Wolf), Ned's older brother was the sword fighter in the family. In fact it indirectly states that Ned was only average. And Ned states that Arthur Dayne would have killed him if it wasn't for Howland Reed.

Lol ? keep ? on sions list somebody gonna end up catching that valarian steel ban

556bb676378caf0d670e4d50_jon-snow-white-walker.gif

? wut?

post-45933-Brienne-shows-Oathkeeper-to-th-4lPw.gif
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    1. Jaime Lannister
    3. Brienne of Hands
    4. Oberyn Martell
    5. The Hound/Sandor Clegane
    6. Syrio Forel
    7. The Mountain
    8. Loras Tyrell
    9. Bronn
    10. Tormund Giantsbane

^^^ I'm a finalize the list as this, yo you right about the Hound/Mountain and Oberyn, The Hound would have had to be 10x the fighter the Mountain was and I don't think he was THAT far ahead of The Mountain as a fighter. ? hating on Loras b/c he's ? but regardless the man has proven his worth.

My only criticism of Oberyn not being ahead of Brienne is because Brienne still outclassed the Hound and beat the holy hell out of him and left him for dead. Straight ? his ? up good ? . With swords she seemed to knock his out of his hand quite easily. And she dropped Loras too. Brienne deserves that top 3. She would likely get one over the Mountain too for the reasons @gem$tone stated. Oberyn is tricky tho b/c he could be #1 when you factor in the poison. It's not like Jaime or Ser Baristan wouldn't sustain at least a flesh wound.

How can you not have the Hoffhand on your list? The wildlings used to tell scary stories to their children as cautionary tales. They made that guy seem like a mid-evil Freddy Kreuger.

https://youtu.be/gn_v0yZWPbM

At 3:00, you see how they all look up when Ygritte mentions that Snow killed the Halfhand? They were like WTF?!
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    From a non book readers POV, Oberyn should def be top three. Mad short work of the Mountain before hubris took him, a common theme on GoT
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-JG_-GUiMU

Stannis talks to Renly and sons him.

Maaaaannn the Red Witch is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddd

"Born amidst salt and smoke? Is he a ham?"

rofl
  • gem$tone
    Options
    Lol

Making this list is too difficult. You'd have to ? on other people's skills. Like Daario took out two captains, he might give Bronn that work. They are both crafty sellswords. Even thought I wish they would have let Bronn and the hound spar a little. He told him he might be smaller but he's quicker, then squared up like he bout that action. Lol

Then you have Tormound. Nice as I think he was, he didn't wear armor and I think armor is the only advantage most would have ? with Khal Drogo.

And grey worm ain't no push over either. Him and the other two took out like fifty sellswords.

? is difficult
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Man I'd love to have seen Drogo fight someone credible. Jorah was very weary of him though, that's sayin' sutten. I'm confident Drogo could take Jorah.

Daario though he's no mug. Grey worm too. Ahhh it's tough. I'll come with my own top 10 after I check this ting. She's nice fam. Moroccan
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Brienne Tyson is def top 4/5
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    She reminds me of a Rocky. The technique may not be as great as some of her enemies but brute strength and an unmatched will to win carry her over.

Funny coz she probably wouldn't be anyway near as good a fighter if she were a dude. There'd be nothin' pushin' her. The Hound v Brienne was one of the dopest fights I've seen. Must have been amazin' for Arya to watch
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    aight here is my top 10

1. Jamie Lannister
    2. Oberyn Martell
    3. Brienne Of Hands
    4. Barristan Selmy
    5. Sandor Clegane "The Hound"
    6. Syrio Forel
    7. The Halfhand
    8. Bronn
    9. Tormund Giantsbane
    10. Khal Drogo

Honorable mention to....

Jorah "Nas" Mormont
    Jeor Mormont
    Ramsey Bolton
    Gregor Clegane "The Mountain"
  • gem$tone
    Options
    Don't know if I can cosign Brienne being above Selmy. Nor Tormound over Drogo. Otherwise, good ? .
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    jamiefoxxhairline Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Midget with axe >>> the mountain
  • themadlionsfan
    Options
    gem$tone wrote: »
    Don't know if I can cosign Brienne being above Selmy. Nor Tormound over Drogo. Otherwise, good ? .

I put Brienne over Barristan simply because he was older. Barristan wasnt in his prime. If he was, I would put him at No. 1. To me Tormund and Drogo are interchangeable. But Drogo died of a cut. Tormund had three arrows stuck in him and was still trying to fight.