Jay-Z was talking nonsense on Takeover

Options

Comments

• SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^^^

Nas can do whatever he wants to do
    I'm simply answering your question as to why nas got flack @ first for that album.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was Written
    ^^^^^

I'm simply answering your question as to why nas got flack @ first for that album.

I know man and I told you I respect your prospective. Just sayin tho it's weird when everybody from snoop to the Wu tang ? was on some other ? before they Mafioso phases also but Nas is who the critics choose to hold it against
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    ^^^^^

I know man and I told you I respect your prospective. Just sayin tho it's weird when everybody from snoop to the Wu tang ? was on some other ? before they Mafioso phases also but Nas is who the critics choose to hold it against

Get the ? outta here NASTIALITE ...crying over this ? like a hoe

"But buuut why come nobody was mean to other rappers that wore hot pink suits and got yoked up by 2pac ....it ain't FAIR!"

lmaooooooooo ....? make me sick ...first of all wasn't nobody feeling that Doggfather ? either

And Rae came out on his first album kicking that ? he ain't wait till it was the hot fad like your NASTAFARI leader ....he was already alluding to it on 36 chambers but obviously that was a group album not a solo where he controlled the direction
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    This is why music fans and people in general rather than so called 'hip-hop heads' will never respect rappity rappers like Jay Z, Nas, Canibus, Kool G Rap, Big Pun, Jadakiss, Common, Method Man, Big Daddy Kane, Joe Budden, Fabolous, Cormega etc

Lock them up in a studio alone just them nobody else and they can't create a song let alone an album

They can't sing, they can't produce, they can't play an instrument, they can't harmonize, they can't mix records, they can't master records

All they can do is rhyme

Where as lock Eminem, B.o.B, Kid Cudi, DJ Quik, Ty Dollar Sign, 50 Cent, Z-Ro, Max B in a studio alone they can create songs and albums as they are artists

They not only rap but sing, harmonize, some produce, some can play instruments, some mix and master records

E.G. B.o.B can play an instrument, as well as rap, sing, produce

E.G. lock Eminem alone in a studio u get albums like The Eminem Show which he sung the hook on almost every song, which he produced almost every song, which he mixed most the songs on

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    This is why music fans and people in general rather than so called 'hip-hop heads' will never respect rappity rappers like Jay Z, Nas, Canibus, Kool G Rap, Big Pun, Jadakiss, Common, Method Man, Big Daddy Kane, Joe Budden, Fabolous, Cormega etc

Lock them up in a studio alone just them nobody else and they can't create a song let alone an album

They can't sing, they can't produce, they can't play an instrument, they can't harmonize, they can't mix records, they can't master records

All they can do is rhyme

Where as lock Eminem, B.o.B, Kid Cudi, DJ Quik, Ty Dollar Sign, 50 Cent, Z-Ro, Max B in a studio alone they can create songs and albums as they are artists

They not only rap but sing, harmonize, some produce, some can play instruments, some mix and master records

E.G. lock Eminem alone in a studio u get albums like The Eminem Show which he sung the hook on almost every song, which he produced almost every song, which he mixed most the songs on

BDK produced alot of his own material and material that Marly Marl took credit for, he also wrote for ALOT of artists... As have Jay and Nas and Im sure Common...
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All they can do is rhyme

And lock him in the studio longer and you get albums like Encore and Relapse.... Go sit down..
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options

All they can do is rhyme

And lock him in the studio longer and you get albums like Encore and Relapse.... Go sit down..

Dr Dre produced and mixed all of Relapse and Dr Dre produced and mixed half of Encore

The good songs on both albums

Beautiful
    Be Careful What You Wish For
    My Darling
    Mockingbird
    Like Toy Soldiers
    We As Americans
    Spend Some Time
    Ricky Ticky Toc
    Love You More
    Crazy In Love
    Yellow Brick Road

Were produced and mixed by Eminem

The greateness of Eminem = Has rapped, sung and performed 90% of the hooks on his songs, produced and mixed 80% of his music, has performed rapped hooks when he doesn't sing, has ghost written for others. And this all round Artistry and being a complete Artist has resulted in him being the highest and most succesful hip hop Artist and ever 1 of the highest selling and most succesful Artists in music across all genres

While all a Jay Z or a Canibus or a Nas or a Jadakiss or a Fabolous or a Black Thought or a Joe Budden or a Cormega or a Rick Ross or a Memphis Bleek have done is rap bars
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Thread is nonsensical.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Booooooy better than them "you're ugly" Ether bars.

exactly
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was Written
    Illmatic (10/10), It Was Written (7/10), Stillmatic (7/10)>>>>>>>>>Jay Z's best album Reasonable Doubt (7/10)

Discography - Nas

Technical Lyricisim/MC-ing - 2 of the greatest ever at this very close but Jay Z

Subject Matter - Nas

Emotion - Nas

Flow - Jay Z

Beat Selection - Jay Z

Freestyling - Jay Z

No way that Jay got a better flow than Nas
  • DR. JEK
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It was Written
    ^^^^^

"But buuut why come nobody was mean to other rappers that wore hot pink suits and got yoked up by 2pac ....it ain't FAIR!"

lmaooooooooo ....? make me sick ...first of all wasn't nobody feeling that Doggfather ? either

And Rae came out on his first album kicking that ? he ain't wait till it was the hot fad like your NASTAFARI leader ....he was already alluding to it on 36 chambers but obviously that was a group album not a solo where he controlled the direction

Im sure you thought you was a saying some super etherous too and ended up getting them four "Feelings" and a "no sign" lol

Nobody was feeling Doggfather? * yawns * it went DOUBLE PLATINUM BRUH!!!

And Rae still dropped a Mafioso persona around the same time everybody else did, you can't dispute that which is the main idea of my point and you can't penalize Snoop and Nas just because they didn't have Wu tang to rap with to "Allude" to ? . Cats like you be making me laugh tho I can front. I love how you ? talmbout NASTIALITE this, NASTIALITE that but yall the ones sound Like yall be catching the feelings.

• fuck gay-z
    fuck gay-z Members Posts: 202
    Options
    It's a battle, u fukn ? .

Whole pt is to exaggerate ur opponent's
    weaknesses & downplay their strengths while
    doin the opposite 4 yoself, so of course Hov gon
    front like Nas catalog is ass & Nas gon pretend
    Hov is a swagless biter.

Both RD & Illmatic are classics (5/5) & both IWW &
    Vol 1 are borderline classics (4.5/5), tho I listen
    to their sophomore jawns more than their debuts.
  • fuck gay-z
    Options
    Vol 2/Vol 3 > I Am/Nastradamus, but none them
    jawns are bad. Tbh neither of em has a bad
    (less than 3/5 mics) album save for Nas w/ dat 2x
    decker weedplate Streets Disciple. ? , I find it
    a testament to the dopeness of they catalogs that
    they worst albums are still good projects & they
    never dropped a complete dud like most rappers.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? -z wrote: »

So why is your name "? ? z"?
  • fuck gay-z
    Options
    Illmatic (10/10), It Was Written (7/10), Stillmatic (7/10)>>>>>>>>>Jay Z's best album Reasonable Doubt (7/10)

Discography - Nas

Technical Lyricisim/MC-ing - 2 of the greatest ever at this very close but Jay Z

Subject Matter - Nas

Emotion - Nas

Flow - Jay Z

Beat Selection - Jay Z

Freestyling - Jay Z

No way that Jay got a better flow than Nas

? , plz.

Nas got the WOAT monotone flow, especially
    compared to how versatile Jigga's ? is :umad:

? , only ? fukn wit Hov's flow is ? &
    Hov still gets the edge there :umad:
  • fuck gay-z
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Cuz I hate that ? ? Camel, u fukn ? .

? , jus cuz I wish Ebola on his ? mother &
    her rancid ? , AIDS on his ? wife & her
    decrepit ? , & the Black Plague on his future
    Dubai ? doll aka Blue Ivy Thotler don't
    mean I'm blind 2 the fact that he's the GOAT.

And when I mean GOAT I'm talkin strictly music,
    cuz if u throw in his other accomplishments it's
    not even fair 2 the rest of these mufukaz.

:umad:
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    ^^^^^

Im sure you thought you was a saying some super etherous too and ended up getting them four "Feelings" and a "no sign" lol

And Rae still dropped a Mafioso persona around the same time everybody else did, you can't dispute that which is the main idea of my point and you can't penalize Snoop and Nas just because they didn't have Wu tang to rap with to "Allude" to ? . Cats like you be making me laugh tho I can front. I love how you ? talmbout NASTIALITE this, NASTIALITE that but yall the ones sound Like yall be catching the feelings.

Got this goofy ass NASTIALITE doing reaction recaps like a teenage ? counting her Facebook status likes

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yeah you hurt ....

It was written went 3x platinum you idiot and is Nas's most successful LP to hit stores ....so what the ? are you talking about? OBVIOUSLY people went out and bought the record that don't mean the ? was hot and it DAMN SURE don't mean "the critics" liked it ...just like the Doggfather ...the ? sold because it was one of the most anticipated LPs to drop after he delivered ? ....And Rae's album came out in August '95...a whole year before your father decided to bite his successful style and drop that lack luster ass project...lol @ "around the same time"

GOT DAMN .....it must be all them nag champa incenses you dusty ass ? got burning up in that NASTAFARI church that stay killing off the last few brain cells you goofs got working

FUUCK .....this ? is so sad to see grown ass men worship another man in this way ...lmaooooooo ...you know the ? got children right? What do you think his child would say about another grown ? loving their daddy more than they do?!?!?!?

DAMN

SAD

HVD6RfY.gif
    #NASLOST
  • Shawn Jay-Z Carter
    Shawn Jay-Z Carter Members Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    "? ? -z" whats up with that name bruh
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    It was Written
    ^^^^^

Got this goofy ass NASTIALITE doing reaction recaps like a teenage ? counting her Facebook status likes

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yeah you hurt ....

It was written went 3x platinum you idiot and is Nas's most successful LP to hit stores ....so what the ? are you talking about? OBVIOUSLY people went out and bought the record that don't mean the ? was hot and it DAMN SURE don't mean "the critics" liked it ...just like the Doggfather ...the ? sold because it was one of the most anticipated LPs to drop after he delivered ? ....And Rae's album came out in August '95...a whole year before your father decided to bite his successful style and drop that lack luster ass project...lol @ "around the same time"

GOT DAMN .....it must be all them nag champa incenses you dusty ass ? got burning up in that NASTAFARI church that stay killing off the last few brain cells you goofs got working

FUUCK .....this ? is so sad to see grown ass men worship another man in this way ...lmaooooooo ...you know the ? got children right? What do you think his child would say about another grown ? loving their daddy more than they do?!?!?!?

DAMN

SAD

HVD6RfY.gif
    #NASLOST

You sound more hurt than me, anybody that's ever seen any post by Me Know I have always mixed caps into my post. Whatever you say about them coming out in 95 or 96 (? really don't matter) it's still the same time period. You sound stupid because when nobody feels your ? you don't go over one time plat. These guys snoop and nas went multi so definitely some people liked it, all the snoop double plat people and the nas triple plat people ain't just buy the ? just cuz they thought it was ? and illmatic and got duped. What am I talking about? You said nobody was feeling ? so what are you talking about?

Look man, you can hate on Nas all you want, I'm not here to go back and forth with scorned jigga warriors but all that Nastafari, Nastialites, dumb pictures, idiots and other ? your computer thug ass most likely wouldn't say to my face you can miss me with it bruh. It didn't get you "Lols" the first time just "no signs" because you talking nonsense. You sitting up here acting like Raekwon had a patent on mafia ? . Whatever bruh.
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable Doubt
    Screwtape wrote: »
    macadonwoo wrote: »
    I It was written was medicare.

medicare_for_all_tshirt-rfe2de98def3a4410a9f89fac802181dc_wio57_324.jpg

LMAO !! ? spellcheck ? me over again lol lol
  • eternal soldier
    eternal soldier Members Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All they can do is rhyme

Dr Dre produced and mixed all of Relapse and Dr Dre produced and mixed half of Encore

The good songs on both albums

Beautiful
    Be Careful What You Wish For
    My Darling
    Mockingbird
    Like Toy Soldiers
    We As Americans
    Spend Some Time
    Ricky Ticky Toc
    Love You More
    Crazy In Love
    Yellow Brick Road

Were produced and mixed by Eminem

The greateness of Eminem = Has rapped, sung and performed 90% of the hooks on his songs, produced and mixed 80% of his music, has performed rapped hooks when he doesn't sing, has ghost written for others. And this all round Artistry and being a complete Artist has resulted in him being the highest and most succesful hip hop Artist and ever 1 of the highest selling and most succesful Artists in music across all genres

While all a Jay Z or a Canibus or a Nas or a Jadakiss or a Fabolous or a Black Thought or a Joe Budden or a Cormega or a Rick Ross or a Memphis Bleek have done is rap bars

And most successful artist of ALL genres? Like how old are you? Oh I forgot. This is you MO
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    ^^^^^

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yeah you hurt ....

DAMN

SAD

HVD6RfY.gif
    #NASLOST

You sound more hurt than me, anybody that's ever seen any post by Me Know I have always mixed caps into my post. Whatever you say about them coming out in 95 or 96 (? really don't matter) it's still the same time period.
    You sound stupid because when nobody feels your ? you don't go over one time plat. These guys snoop and nas went multi so definitely some people liked it, all the snoop double plat people and the nas triple plat people ain't just buy the ? just cuz they thought it was ? and illmatic and got duped. What am I talking about? You said nobody was feeling ? so what are you talking about?

Look man, you can hate on Nas all you want, I'm not here to go back and forth with scorned jigga warriors but all that Nastafari, Nastialites, dumb pictures, idiots and other ? your computer thug ass most likely wouldn't say to my face you can miss me with it bruh. It didn't get you "Lols" the first time just "no signs" because you talking nonsense. You sitting up here acting like Raekwon had a patent on mafia ? . Whatever bruh.

Lmaoooooooo at this groupie ? ? right here ... ? said its all the same cos it's the "same time period" ....hahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha NO you got damn NASTIALITE ....it ain't no the "same" one clearly came before the other by a full years time which means one CLEARLY influenced the other ....CLEARLY your daddy was biting

"BIG told me Rae was stealing my slang
    And Rae told me out in Shaolin BIG would do the same thing....BUT I BORROWED FROM BOTH THEM ? "

Lmaooooo goofy ass NASTIALITE been spending too much time on the internet praising his savior instead of reading this verse from his NASTAFARI bible LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO The ? broke it down right for your little groupie ears but you still in denial?

Sad

And lmaooooooo @ this idiot determining album quality by the amount of muthafuckas that bought the record .....especially in the 90s where damn near everything that had hype sold ....lmaoooooo I guess you still think this ? was FIRE AF

220px-ChargeIt2DaGame98.jpg

It went platinum .....so ? must LOVE this silk da shocker right?

Lmaoooooooooo .... Got damn you ? NASTIALITES make yourself look like the groupie ...flunky ass dirtbags that I call you with every passing post

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

9C0ST7f.jpg

Ahhhhhh poor guy

#NASLOST
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh quit typing like a bird with the elongated wordings.. .
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It was Written
    It's a battle, u fukn ? .

Whole pt is to exaggerate ur opponent's
    weaknesses & downplay their strengths while
    doin the opposite 4 yoself, so of course Hov gon
    front like Nas catalog is ass & Nas gon pretend
    Hov is a swagless biter.

Both RD & Illmatic are classics (5/5) & both IWW &
    Vol 1 are borderline classics (4.5/5), tho I listen
    to their sophomore jawns more than their debuts.

You're out of character
  • fuck gay-z
    edited June 2015
    Options
    "? ? -z" whats up with that name bruh

Take Camel's ? out yo mouth & wipe his nut out yo eyes & read, ? ?
    5 Grand wrote: »

Cuz I hate that ? ? Camel, u fukn ? .

? , jus cuz I wish Ebola on his ? mother &
    her rancid ? , AIDS on his ? wife & her
    decrepit ? , & the Black Plague on his future
    Dubai ? doll aka Blue Ivy Thotler don't
    mean I'm blind 2 the fact that he's the GOAT.

And when I mean GOAT I'm talkin strictly music,
    cuz if u throw in his other accomplishments it's
    not even fair 2 the rest of these mufukaz.

:umad: