Options

Comments

• Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    sadly enough these are the same lil ? most of you black people don't want to be bothered with, and yet y'all upset when cacs don't want to bothered with them either

What r u even talking about? How u know them kids are neglected.

i don't know what they are, but I
    do know most of black working folks complain about the black youth daily so I find it hypocritical when ? are upset that cacs feel the same way

Lol... y do u hate your ppl?

bro nowhere did you see me post that i condone nor understand why the cacs behaved in the video

I just was curious as to why some people get upset when cacs think and react to the black youth the same way they do

Some of us do react the same way to the teens as the white people. But that conversation shouldn't be happening in this thread. Matter of fact why not make a thread so we can have an intelligent conversation about how we should & could be treating the younger generation better

I have no complaints about how the black youth behave in America so no i will not make a thread
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I bet he has, every Public Enemy and X-Clan Album bumping right now.

• kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sadly enough these are the same lil ? most of you black people don't want to be bothered with, and yet y'all upset when cacs don't want to bothered with them either

What r u even talking about? How u know them kids are neglected.

i don't know what they are, but I
    do know most of black working folks complain about the black youth daily so I find it hypocritical when ? are upset that cacs feel the same way

Lol... y do u hate your ppl?

bro nowhere did you see me post that i condone nor understand why the cacs behaved in the video

I just was curious as to why some people get upset when cacs think and react to the black youth the same way they do

Some of us do react the same way to the teens as the white people. But that conversation shouldn't be happening in this thread. Matter of fact why not make a thread so we can have an intelligent conversation about how we should & could be treating the younger generation better

I have no complaints about how the black youth behave in America so no i will not make a thread

I do i think the black youth lack the proper direction & guidance. I think the environments these children our raised in are conditioning them to be another inmate in someones prison or in the grave. .

There's more but I'm at work

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The white neighbors standing around and aiding the pigs is a firm reminder that they harbor an Us vs Them mentality opposed to a Right vs Wrong mentality.

This will not change in our lifetime, nor our childrens lifetime, nor their children's lifetime.

The seeds of prejudice and Hate are too deep rooted
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

Lonious: All I've said this whole time, is that you can't say that for sure because some of the kids may well have been a little too rowdy, and that we shouldn't bother trying to paint these kids as angels.

With this statement you are defending the officers. I will play your ignorant game. The Kids were unruly and didn't follow the officers instructions. The cops and adults were still wrong in how they handled these BLACK TEENAGERS. Stop defending racists cops and whites.

That statement in no way defends the officers. It wasn't even made with the officers in mind. As I've said before. I was making that statement in response to someone saying that the kids were doing nothing and this was just white people mad at seeing black kids at the pool. There is no reason to make such a one sided and biased statement. We have the video with the cops who were clearly wrong. We're better off focusing on that.
    Lonious: We should instead focus on what happened in the camera and according to the accounts from people involved because we pretty much know exactly what happened there and we all agree that was ? up. Why is that so offensive to some of you?

We did. What we see is an overzealous officer going overboard. The there is this.

Again, I've agreed with everything said about the officer since the very beginning. I didn't bring up this line of discussion until others started making claims of what the black kids were or weren't doing, and I've explained why it's dangerous to do that.
    "A white woman at the pool started making racist comments, Thomas said, such as telling black teens at the party to get used to the bars outside the pool because that’s all they were going to see.

Grace Stone, 14, who is white, told BuzzFeed News that she and friends objected to an adult woman making racist comments to other teens at the party and that the woman turned violent."

So, are you done playing stupid or what?

How am I playing stupid. I've always agreed that the racist white residents were at fault. I can post at least three instances of me saying exactly that.

You still have yet to post once instance of me saying:

The black kids were doing...., so it was ok that those white residents did....

or

The black kids were doing...., so it was ok that those cops did....

If I've condemned everything the white people did in this situation and never once said that anything they did was justified, how am I playing both sides? Do ya'll ? just need an enemy to fight or something? I don't get it.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    The white neighbors standing around and aiding the pigs is a firm reminder that they harbor an Us vs Them mentality opposed to a Right vs Wrong mentality.

This will not change in our lifetime, nor our childrens lifetime, nor their children's lifetime.

Change soon come...
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Change soon come...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

I think what's more telling is the fact that the white adults attacked the white kids for defending the black kids. It's sort of like how things with the cops. There might be good ones, but they will be beaten down by the bad ones, so they might as well not exist. It's kinda hard for anything to move forward with that kind of dynamic at play.
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This country is on borrowed time....one day these racial tensions are finally going to boil over.
    Hope you got urself a gun

Alas alas. Babylon that great city is fallen is fallen !!!
    Coming soon, real soon....

Marantha
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

Lonious: All I've said this whole time, is that you can't say that for sure because some of the kids may well have been a little too rowdy, and that we shouldn't bother trying to paint these kids as angels.

With this statement you are defending the officers. I will play your ignorant game. The Kids were unruly and didn't follow the officers instructions. The cops and adults were still wrong in how they handled these BLACK TEENAGERS. Stop defending racists cops and whites.

That statement in no way defends the officers. It wasn't even made with the officers in mind. As I've said before. I was making that statement in response to someone saying that the kids were doing nothing and this was just white people mad at seeing black kids at the pool. There is no reason to make such a one sided and biased statement. We have the video with the cops who were clearly wrong. We're better off focusing on that.
    Lonious: We should instead focus on what happened in the camera and according to the accounts from people involved because we pretty much know exactly what happened there and we all agree that was ? up. Why is that so offensive to some of you?

We did. What we see is an overzealous officer going overboard. The there is this.

Again, I've agreed with everything said about the officer since the very beginning. I didn't bring up this line of discussion until others started making claims of what the black kids were or weren't doing, and I've explained why it's dangerous to do that.
    "A white woman at the pool started making racist comments, Thomas said, such as telling black teens at the party to get used to the bars outside the pool because that’s all they were going to see.

Grace Stone, 14, who is white, told BuzzFeed News that she and friends objected to an adult woman making racist comments to other teens at the party and that the woman turned violent."

How am I playing stupid. I've always agreed that the racist white residents were at fault. I can post at least three instances of me saying exactly that.

or

If I've condemned everything the white people did in this situation and never once said that anything they did was justified, how am I playing both sides? Do ya'll ? just need an enemy to fight or something? I don't get it.

I have only been following the last two pages, but if this is what happened, you didn't say anything problematic.

The IC seems to have a problem with nuance. It has gotten me in trouble too.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [

That statement in no way defends the officers. It wasn't even made with the officers in mind.

This sums it up right here…why are you making statements that have nothing to do with the officers…when the problem is the officer's response and that community's support for it. THAT needs to be the focus.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

or

I have only been following the last two pages, but if this is what happened, you didn't say anything problematic.

The IC seems to have a problem with nuance. It has gotten me in trouble too.

lol No offense, but a cosign from you is only going to get me called a ? that much more passionately.

But I know what you mean.
  • Trillfate
    Options

Change soon come...
    How sway? The odds are stacked against us..

Whites justify every single injustice against blacks... even the blatant ones like Tamir Rice/Walter Scott.

Whites from the top down, from the Grand Jury to the trailer park bloggers condone black extermination. Not to mention the black ? who cosign. And the hate is being passed down to their Youth as displayed in that vid where the 8 year old Cac walked up to a random Black man and called him a ? etc...

Humanity seems hopeless at this point...
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    [

That statement in no way defends the officers. It wasn't even made with the officers in mind.

This sums it up right here…why are you making statements that have nothing to do with the officers…when the problem is the officer's response and that community's support for it. THAT needs to be the focus.

Again, for the sixth time. Other people were making claims about what happened before the cameras started rolling. I made the comments I did to steer them away from the parts of this story we could only speculate and back towards what happened on the camera. This ? hasn't gone on this long because I'm saying we shouldn't focus on the cops. this ? has gone on this long because people keep taking a very simple point I made and twisting it to be something completely different.
  • Trillfate
    Options

I think what's more telling is the fact that the white adults attacked the white kids for defending the black kids. It's sort of like how things with the cops. There might be good ones, but they will be beaten down by the bad ones, so they might as well not exist. It's kinda hard for anything to move forward with that kind of dynamic at play.

Race relations will remain stagnant until "the good ones" Stand up.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The blk youth of america aint no different than latino, white, asian, or indian... these kids literally act all the same.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    The blk youth of america aint no different than latino, white, asian, or indian... these kids literally act all the same.

I don't know if I agree with that. I think youth are reckless no matter what the race. However, I think on average races differ when it comes to culture, socio-economic status, and other areas. I think the experiences of most black and latino youth is much different than the experiences of most white youth. I'd say most black youth think the dice are stacked against them in this country whereas white youth don't fell that way. That will have an effect on the decisions those youth make.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Yo!!!!!!

That's real ? . It's kills me that people actually believe that Blacks and Browns are some different breed of Kids\teenagers.

• Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    a start to fix the problem our youth face in dealing with racism and prejudice is for us to not talk down or bad about them
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    It is hard to believe that black youth aren't different from non-black youth.

Generally speaking, their neighborhoods and parents have different socio-economic characteristics, they face racism, etc. It would be surprising if despite these differences they weren't any different.

And if the difference is that they are generally less-well behaved, we shouldn't have a problem acknowledging that. Because we know why such a difference exists, if it does.

Black folks need to stop feeling a need to deny the existence of differences between the races. If race still structures people's life chances and experiences, we should expect that to lead to certain differences. There is a tension in saying that racism is still very widespread, on the one hand, and then saying that there are no significant behavioral differences between the races on the other.
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    a start to fix the problem our youth face in dealing with racism and prejudice is for us to not talk down or bad about them

Perhaps. But being given direction, constructive criticism or sometimes just plain getting on that ass isn't talking down. I believe our youth need thicker skin.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    It is hard to believe that black youth aren't different from non-black youth.

Generally, speaking, their neighborhoods and parents have different socio-economic characteristics, they face racism, etc. It would be surprising if despite these differences they weren't any different.

And if the difference is that they are generally less-well behaved, we shouldn't have a problem acknowledging that. Because we know why such a difference exists, if it does.

Black folks need to stop feeling a need to deny the existence of differences between the races. If race still structures people's life chances and experiences, we should expect that to lead to certain differences. There is a tension in saying that racism is still very widespread, on the one hand, and then saying that there are no significant behavioral differences between the races on the other.

That's the mistake. Black kids are not less-well behaved than white kids. White people act a ? fool when they are young. I think the differences are in how black kids and white kids act out, and that often depends on their environments. You're basically making the classic mistake that white people make, which is to say that we're worse because we're different.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sun Down Towns still in effect I see..
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread is taking some odd turns now.