Life After Death Singles/If Biggie Was Alive

Options
Antwuan89
Antwuan89 Members Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok Biggie has 3 singles on Life After Death which are "Hypnotize", "Mo Money Mo Problems", & "Sky's The Limit"

Now only one of those videos were made when Biggie was alive which was "Hypnotize".

My question is if Biggie was alive what songs on LAD do you think would have been his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, maybe even 5th single would have been if Biggie was alive?

To me I'm almost certain "Goin Back To Cali" would have been a single. In some ways I look at that song as a single.

I think if Biggie was alive it's possible he would have had about 4 or 5 singles from LAD.

What Do You Think?

Comments

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im sure Diddy had a treatment in mind for going back to cali, that wouldve been dope.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? you tonight would have became crushin you tonight. Probably would have been the biggest single on the album had he lived.
  • Antwuan89
    Options
    The Recipe wrote: »
    Im sure Diddy had a treatment in mind for going back to cali, that wouldve been dope.

So you agree "Goin Back To Cali" would have been a single?
  • Antwuan89
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    ? you tonight would have became crushin you tonight. Probably would have been the biggest single on the album had he lived.

That's a fair point, that song would have a gotten a lot of radio play if it was a single.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Antwuan89 wrote: »
    The Recipe wrote: »

So you agree "Goin Back To Cali" would have been a single?

Had them ? settled the beef behind the scenes and snuck pac in the video the world might have ended. We were robbed of so many dope moments.

• south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually liked Sky is the Limit video with the kids.
    The world is filled and kick in the door would have been good singles
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Notorious thugs would of been the biggest hit of all time, was there a reason they didn't release it as a single?
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think they would've changed that much. songs like Mo Money Mo Problems were destined to be hits
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign all that's been stated so far.....I also think Missin U would have gotten radio play bc it was a great RIP song like Bone's Crossroads
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Notorious thugs would of been the biggest hit of all time, was there a reason they didn't release it as a single?

It was a single they just never shot a video.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Agreed with Goin Back to Cali & Crushin You Tonight. Maybe Missin U.... I think the longshot would be "I Luv The Doe" would have been big for Hov.
  • Shawn Jay-Z Carter
    Shawn Jay-Z Carter Members Posts: 383 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think the longshot would be "I Luv The Doe" would have been big for Hov.

Puff caught feelings cause I had the better verses.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

According to Wikipedia only 3 were released and I never heard it on the radio even though it was the party anthem back then
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nasty boy definitely would've been made a video
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Goin Back to Cali was on the B-side of Sky's the Limit. In fact, the single was Sky's the Limit on the A-side along with Goin Back to Cali and Kick In The Door. I have the 12" on vinyl.

R-1922486-1276157323.jpeg.jpg

2. You have to consider that Life After Death was released on released March 25, 1997 and Puff Daddy & The Family's album, No Way Out was released on July 1, 1997, 3 months later. It's All About The Benjamins, Been Around The World & Victory were huge singles. Big probably would have been in those videos.

In fact, when I was living in NYC I didn't actually own Life After Death or No Way Out, but all of the singles I just named were getting heavy play on Hot 97.

Funkmaster Flex also used to play the clean version of Real ? Do Real Things.
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? you tonight
    Kick in the door
    Notorious thugs
    Were all singles

Including sky's the limit
    Hypnotized
    Mo money mo problems

That going back to Cali ? was straight trash. I hated that ? song. L. L. Cool J version was a million times better. Every time it came on immediately I skipped it. That ? beat was annoying.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    1. Goin Back to Cali was on the B-side of Sky's the Limit. In fact, the single was Sky's the Limit on the A-side along with Goin Back to Cali and Kick In The Door. I have the 12" on vinyl.

2. You have to consider that Life After Death was released on released March 25, 1997 and Puff Daddy & The Family's album, No Way Out was released on July 1, 1997, 3 months later. It's All About The Benjamins, Been Around The World & Victory were huge singles. Big probably would have been in those videos.

In fact, when I was living in NYC I didn't actually own Life After Death or No Way Out, but all of the singles I just named were getting heavy play on Hot 97.

The Bad Boy Takeover would have been unreal had BIG been alive for No Way Out.....
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The Glutinous P.I.G. was wack as ? though. Only basement rats listen to that ? .
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

According to Wikipedia only 3 were released and I never heard it on the radio even though it was the party anthem back then

I read it somewhere and I guess me being in the tri state hot97 played that along with ? U all the time.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

The Bad Boy Takeover would have been unreal had BIG been alive for No Way Out.....

It was "unreal" Bad Boy sold 30 million records in 1997 alone, or stated another way, the records that Bad Boy released in 1997 have sold 30 million records to date.

According to the RIAA;

• Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down (single) – Puff Daddy & Ma$e 4X Platinum
    • Hypnotize (single) – Notorious B.I.G. – Platinum
    • I’ll Be Missing You (single) – Puff Daddy & The Family – 3X Platinum
    • Its All About The Benjamins (single) – Puff Daddy & The Family - Platinum
    • Been Around The World (single) – Puff Daddy & The Family– 2X Platinum
    • Life After Death (album) – Notorious B.I.G. 10X Platinum
    • No Way Out (album) – Puff Daddy & The Family – 7X Platinum
    • Harlem World (album) – Ma$e – 4X Platinum

• Antwuan89
    Options
  • NapoleonBlakk
    NapoleonBlakk Members Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Options
    I thought "Nasty Boy" was a single. He even did a remix which has vocals that are not on the album version.