Is "So Disrespectful" on Ether level?

Options
smp4life
smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No I think it's better. Just at the time of release he was already beating a dead horse.

I love Nas music. One of my favorite artist of all time. But ether is so overrated.

I was listening to Freddie Foxx on combat jack podcast and he very interesting take on the way it down and how ether came about. Dope interview. He said Nas didn't know how to come at jay. So he told Nas he to win the crowd. He reminded Nas that it was a battle and you gotta make the crowd go oooohhhh and aaahhhh. And Nas did just that.

Like LL and canibus. Everyone Knew 2 rnd ko was better then Jack the Ripper. But LL won the crowd with the jokes.

Just like ether. Two verses of name calling jokes.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Straight Outta Jerz
    Straight Outta Jerz Members Posts: 80 ✭✭
    Options
    No its a track that's was released 4 years too late nobody gave a ? about it when it came out
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This track right here is still fire
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No I think it's better. Just at the time of release he was already beating a dead horse.

I love Nas music. One of my favorite artist of all time. But ether is so overrated.

I was listening to Freddie Foxx on combat jack podcast and he very interesting take on the way it down and how ether came about. Dope interview. He said Nas didn't know how to come at jay. So he told Nas he to win the crowd. He reminded Nas that it was a battle and you gotta make the crowd go oooohhhh and aaahhhh. And Nas did just that.

Like LL and canibus. Everyone Knew 2 rnd ko was better then Jack the Ripper. But LL won the crowd with the jokes.

Exaaaaactly, Ether wasn't that dope, he basically took Jay's dumbed down audience and turned them against him, it was a chess move not a better song than Takeover imo
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    another classic Fif diss track
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    4d85951d62b75a6b082124de1f4e3247.jpg

Y'all not even trying with some of these Threads
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No its a track that's was released 4 years too late nobody gave a ? about it when it came out

Cosign. 50 entered the game making diss tracks. but people want to hear what else he can do..
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your lifes on the line>>>>>>
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Give it up fam. Nas took that. He has multiple quotables from ether, not to mention a "ether" button at the bottom of your post. Overrated? He destroyed Jay and basically the Rocafella movement in one song. Stop it
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Give it up fam. Nas took that. He has multiple quotables from ether, not to mention a "ether" button at the bottom of your post. Overrated? He destroyed Jay and basically the Rocafella movement in one song. Stop it

I don't know about destroying the roc movement but I do agree he won the battle. I felt takeover was better. But the audience decided who won. Nas was the underdog. And if what Freddie Foxx said was true then it was a great chess move on Nas part. Nas will go down as arguably the greatest lyricist of all time. ? ether was far from lyrical. It surprised the ? out of me cause I didn't expect it. Especially knowing he was capable of spitting better ? then that ether ? .

Let's not derail the thread. The question was is so disrespectful on the same level as ether. I said No. I think so disrespectful is better. Just three years to late
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game won the beef on wax with 300 bars.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent has never made a decent diss record in my opinion.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THIS IS GREAT TRACK...
    IT JUST DIDN'T HAVE THE CULTURAL IMPACT THAT ETHER HAD...
    THE BEEF W/ GAME WAS ALREADY ALMOST 5 YEARS OLD BY THAT TIME...
    AND IT WAS DEFINITELY BEATING A DEAD HORSE....

NAS NEEDED ETHER TO COMEBACK & RECLAIM HIS SPOT...
    B/C ALOT OF HEADS THOUGHT HE WAS FINISHED AFTER THE 2 YEAR LAYOFF & NASTRADAMUS...
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nas never dissed before ethet.. so it was shocking. 50 diss every other month.. so it sound like any other 50 songs.. nas surprised people nobody knew he had a battle rapper in him then came ether... 50 did what people know him for call out names and diss..

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    50 Cent has never made a decent diss record in my opinion.

Back down want decent ??? The joint going at cam ? Fif has plenty
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50'S BEST DISSES:
    BACK DOWN (MURDERED JA)
    I RUN NY (GET IN D-BLOCK'S ASS & NO ONE SAW IT COMING)
    THE ? @ CAM'RON (ENDED HIS RAP CAREER. HE'S NOW A VYNE HUSTLER & A CAPE PEDDLER)
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Should've said piggy bank or back down instead
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THE_R_ wrote: »
    50'S BEST DISSES:
    BACK DOWN (MURDERED JA)
    I RUN NY (GET IN D-BLOCK'S ASS & NO ONE SAW IT COMING)
    THE ? @ CAM'RON (ENDED HIS RAP CAREER. HE'S NOW A VYNE HUSTLER & A CAPE PEDDLER)

I think Wanksta is up there too. He doesnt say any names but you know who he's talking about.

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    Ether Nas best song