Rapper Troy Ave SHOCKS fans with stunning album sales....

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's still more records sold than both Bruce Wane and Shenco combined.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You ? sound like clowns celebrating his downfall but he was tryna blow without signing to a major.

The whole reason hiphop is ? is cos the majors control everything and push iggy and give awards to white artists only

You stupid ? should be routing for him to succeed and prove you dont need a label

But your hatred wont let you, this dude is the closest thing we have to actual rap but you rather cheer on drake and wayne and all this other ?

Even 50 had to back down and do a song after tryna talk sideways

The album was ok im not gonna lie too much singing

But the fake butt busta tune is cold and factual

And the fat joe song is fire

Yh im done

This post reads like a Hallmark card.
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    You ? sound like clowns celebrating his downfall but he was tryna blow without signing to a major.

The whole reason hiphop is ? is cos the majors control everything and push iggy and give awards to white artists only

You stupid ? should be routing for him to succeed and prove you dont need a label

But your hatred wont let you, this dude is the closest thing we have to actual rap but you rather cheer on drake and wayne and all this other ?

Yh im done

I totally agree.I don't know why ? gave you all those feelings.Seems like they're the ones with all these feelings towards Troy Ave.

The fact he made front page off allhiphop shows some media is at work here trying to tear him down. He doing his thing and all they reporting is the negative side.

Album not even that bad with some dope features. This ? is the epitome of hatred.

But what he's selling is literal Poison and Hatred.

He's a negative guy with a negative imagine promoting negative things.

And on top of all of that he's not even that nice. He has a high pitched voice and he's a biter. If he left the game tomorrow he'd be forgotten about by Monday.

And I'm not trying to kick a Man when he's down but we don't need anymore Troy Ave's out here. I'm sorry but I had to say it
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smh

This ? really thinks average album was good.
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »

Yh im done

I totally agree.I don't know why ? gave you all those feelings.Seems like they're the ones with all these feelings towards Troy Ave.

The fact he made front page off allhiphop shows some media is at work here trying to tear him down. He doing his thing and all they reporting is the negative side.

Album not even that bad with some dope features. This ? is the epitome of hatred.

And on top of all of that he's not even that nice. He has a high pitched voice and he's a biter. If he left the game tomorrow he'd be forgotten about by Monday.

And I'm not trying to kick a Man when he's down but we don't need anymore Troy Ave's out here. I'm sorry but I had to say it

I hear you. Its a lot of worse ? out here music wise and message wise. Migos, Chief keefs etc...

He actually has some cuts on the album. ? in here clowning have not even listened to it and are just joining the media band wagon because they don't have lives and need a place to put funny gifs.

Brother is independent and if that message alone is not good enough then I dont know what to tell ya.

• phukkyou2
    edited June 2015
    Options

Yh im done

I hear you. Its a lot of worse ? out here music wise and message wise. Migos, Chief keefs etc...

He actually has some cuts on the album. ? in here clowning have not even listened to it and are just joining the media band wagon because they don't have lives and need a place to put funny gifs.

Brother is independent and if that message alone is not good enough then I dont know what to tell ya.

No. He IS the definition of Poison and Mental Slavery music. Not saying that every ? gotta be on some "Fight The Power I'm Black And I'm Proud" ? but he's just another drop in the Matrix

He probably knew some people, seeing as how NYC is pretty much the Media Capital and he had some favors done to get to where he's at in the Public Eye now. That's it.

Sure he can rhyme "Dope" with "Coke" and "Buss my hammer" with "Donald and Prancer" but who can't?

I think he can bounce back but it'll take something great.

And as far as being Independent is concerned, in his case that's neither here nor there
  • perspective@100
    Options

Yh im done

No. He IS the definition of Poison and Mental Slavery music. Not saying that every ? gotta be on some "Fight The Power I'm Black And I'm Proud" ? but he's just another drop in the Matrix

He probably knew some people, seeing as how NYC is pretty much the Media Capital and he had some favors done to get to where he's at in the Public Eye now. That's it.

Sure he can rhyme "Dope" with "Coke" and "Buss my hammer" with "Donald and Prancer" but who can't?

I think he can bounce back but it'll take something great.

And as far as being Independent is concerned, in his case that's neither here nor there

speculation and emo all in this post.

But when Jay-z do it, its all "cant knock the hustle"...

So some how Troy ave is the worst thing hip hop has seen?

You ? really playing this positivity card to try and clown this man? really?

? laughable....

• perspective@100
    edited June 2015
    Options
    How much is he paying you? Or is this an Internship?

I'm just calling it how I see it. I'm not a follower like most cats on here.

Negative/positive should not be your concern considering music is a form of art.

he has features from:
    Camron
    Fat Joe
    50 Cent
    Ty dolla sign
    young Lito
    asap ferg
    fabolous
    snoop dog
    diddy
    mase

a lot of the content is decent musically.

I think a lot of you youngsters dont understand the importance of being independent. That's why this corp mentality is dictating what you listen to and who you listen to. Then yall wonder why Iggy is all over the place.

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall can throw the cape on all u want, this ? had commercials, interviews tellin us how great he was and songs on the radio (not in my area) but his song was on major NY stations. These are terrible numbers for someone who had this much exposure idc how yall slice it
  • perspective@100
    Options
    For all you cats saying he is poison and mental slavery.

They said the same ? about Master P, who was also independent at the time.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sion when y'all running another CYOL tournament? I want in I had to drop out last time.
  • phukkyou2
    Options

But what does that have to do with anything?

Dogg u reachin like ? right now.

I hope this fool is atleast giving you lunchables
  • perspective@100
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Yall can throw the cape on all u want, this ? had commercials, interviews tellin us how great he was and songs on the radio (not in my area) but his song was on major NY stations. These are terrible numbers for someone who had this much exposure idc how yall slice it

I never saw a commercial, interview, or even heard a song on the radio. He independent bruh. Not to mention the numbers are skewed and only account for a few days and not a true sales week in the traditional sense.

So the cape is not really a cape as you put it.

I see a lot of people are misinformed on here.

The ability, or lack there of, for people to do their own research on the internet is the real flop
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its that N Y SOUUNDDD OOOOHHH THIS THAT NEW NNNNNN YYYYYYYYYYY SOUND.. TAKE A LOOK AT ME NOW!
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I never saw a commercial, interview, or even heard a song on the radio. He independent bruh. Not to mention the numbers are skewed and only account for a few days and not a true sales week in the traditional sense.

The ability, or lack there of, for people to do their own research on the internet is the real flop
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADP3m3II-1E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

How bout u do some research on ya mans lol here's his commercial, dude was interviewed on breakfast club and sway in the morning, the top 2 radio shows in NY. According to posters on here all about the money and doo doo was played on the radio in the tri state area. With that exposure and self proclamation of "bringing NY back" these are putrid numbers

• Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? had a diddy commercial that played on tv...... sorta like that nas henney comercial

and they played that dodo ? on the radio and all about the money on the radio.......
    plus t.i was cosigning the ? ........
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    30 copies. He couldnt even get. 30 people from his own neighborhood to buy his album.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamacia post yet?
  • perspective@100
    Options
    I'm gonna just put this out there and yall can take it how you want. A lot of the backlash seems to come not cause of the music but where he comes from. A lot of ? talk about east coast bias. But the truth of it is a lot yall and wherever yall are from don't listen to no one who don't sound like yall.

Not saying Troy Ave is great at what he does. But he's no worse than yung thug, migos, Kevin gates and all these other new ? that yall hail as great because their music slaps in the trunk or gets you turnt in the gym.

Me personally I don't ? with his music and I'm from New York. It's not my cup of tea. But just cause I don't ? with it don't mean I'm a blatantly disparage the ? cause it's the cool the to do on the internet.

And miss me with all that he to cocky ? . ? is supposed to have confidence in everything they do. What? You want the ? to be all meek and timid. He in a field where he gotta assert his self.
    Yall ? sound like bacca spitting crackers. "That dere niggra need to know his place"

I'm done

? on here gonna be like I aint reading that...

• perspective@100
    Options

Master P has one of the greatest business minds in hip hop history, he had almost all his artist goin gold or better on their projects. U reaching like mr fantastic comparing troy street corner to master P just cuz he's independent lol

I'm not comparing them. This is where reading comprehension comes into play. I'm not attacking your (reading) comprehension with that statement either. I simply stated the importance of being independent and the backlash it usually receives from mass media.
  • perspective@100
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    30 copies. He couldnt even get. 30 people from his own neighborhood to buy his album.

Once again that's "hard copies". He surely has sold more than a couple thousand digital albums.
  • perspective@100
    Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADP3m3II-1E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

How bout u do some research on ya mans lol here's his commercial, dude was interviewed on breakfast club and sway in the morning, the top 2 radio shows in NY. According to posters on here all about the money and doo doo was played on the radio in the tri state area. With that exposure and self proclamation of "bringing NY back" these are putrid numbers

all the ? you talking about is NY based. Small portion of the market and being an independent artist from that area is probably the easiest to get access to. I could care less about the mans numbers unlike you. I'm just stating the album is not as bad as others I have heard, and as an independent artist he does not deserve this backlash.