Rapper Troy Ave SHOCKS fans with stunning album sales....

Options

Comments

• hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm gonna just put this out there and yall can take it how you want. A lot of the backlash seems to come not cause of the music but where he comes from. A lot of ? talk about east coast bias. But the truth of it is a lot yall and wherever yall are from don't listen to no one who don't sound like yall.

Not saying Troy Ave is great at what he does. But he's no worse than yung thug, migos, Kevin gates and all these other new ? that yall hail as great because their music slaps in the trunk or gets you turnt in the gym.

Me personally I don't ? with his music and I'm from New York. It's not my cup of tea. But just cause I don't ? with it don't mean I'm a blatantly disparage the ? cause it's the cool the to do on the internet.

And miss me with all that he to cocky ? . ? is supposed to have confidence in everything they do. What? You want the ? to be all meek and timid. He in a field where he gotta assert his self.
    Yall ? sound like bacca spitting crackers. "That dere niggra need to know his place"

I'm done
    The East is too divided. It's admiral but when everybody cliques up it kind of forces you to do the dame. From VA to Maine should be a East Coast/Northern block. It's already similar culturally.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Yall can throw the cape on all u want, this ? had commercials, interviews tellin us how great he was and songs on the radio (not in my area) but his song was on major NY stations. These are terrible numbers for someone who had this much exposure idc how yall slice it

I never saw a commercial, interview, or even heard a song on the radio. He independent bruh. Not to mention the numbers are skewed and only account for a few days and not a true sales week in the traditional sense.

So the cape is not really a cape as you put it.

I see a lot of people are misinformed on here.

The ability, or lack there of, for people to do their own research on the internet is the real flop
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADP3m3II-1E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

How bout u do some research on ya mans lol here's his commercial, dude was interviewed on breakfast club and sway in the morning, the top 2 radio shows in NY. According to posters on here all about the money and doo doo was played on the radio in the tri state area. With that exposure and self proclamation of "bringing NY back" these are putrid numbers

all the ? you talking about is NY based. Small portion of the market and being an independent artist from that area is probably the easiest to get access to. I could care less about the mans numbers unlike you. I'm just stating the album is not as bad as others I have heard, and as an independent artist he does not deserve this backlash.

He does deserve the backlash because he was over confident. If dude backed up the ? he talked people wouldn't go this hard. He's a mediocre artist who does nothing well, doesnt have his own identity and doesn't seem to have staying power. Havent listened to the album and have no intention of doing so, basically he made his bed and now he's gotta lay in it
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? comparing Troy ave to master P. Musically master p was probably the worst mainstream artist to come from the south and his music was absolute poison. He was an independent who signed to a major and he ? them. Props to him. Then he ? every artist that ever signed to him. Again I'm not a Troy ave fan. But I won't knock his hustle. He trying this ? on his own and getting support from official industry ? from all coast. What's difference between him and P nothing really they both make subpar music but they did it or doing it on they own terms.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    You're misinformed, P never "? his artist" he gave all his artist cars and a house in the burbs along witg keeping their royalties, his old artist outside of mr magic and soulja slim never complained about how P paid em
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

He does deserve the backlash because he was over confident.

? what?

If dude backed up the ? he talked people wouldn't go this hard. He's a mediocre artist who does nothing well, doesnt have his own identity and doesn't seem to have staying power.
    Havent listened to the album and have no intention of doing so, basically he made his bed and now he's gotta lay in it

How can you state the underlined, and then reveal the bold?

How the ? ? ? You a follower ass ? !
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    @BlackAX410 ? ? . That's industry ? 101 give Em ? that they don't own. Them ? ain't own those houses or those cars. You sound stupid. Soulja slim dead. And where the ? is mr magic?
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @BlackAX410 ? ? . That's industry ? 101 give Em ? that they don't own. Them ? ain't own those houses or those cars. You sound stupid. Soulja slim dead. And where the ? is mr magic?

Magic is dead bruh
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    30 copies. He couldnt even get. 30 people from his own neighborhood to buy his album.

Once again that's "hard copies". He surely has sold more than a couple thousand digital albums.

That man did Riff Raff numbers. I can record a album on a karaoke machine and do them numbers
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall can throw the cape on all u want, this ? had commercials, interviews tellin us how great he was and songs on the radio (not in my area) but his song was on major NY stations. These are terrible numbers for someone who had this much exposure idc how yall slice it

I never saw a commercial, interview, or even heard a song on the radio. He independent bruh. Not to mention the numbers are skewed and only account for a few days and not a true sales week in the traditional sense.

The ability, or lack there of, for people to do their own research on the internet is the real flop

How bout u do some research on ya mans lol here's his commercial, dude was interviewed on breakfast club and sway in the morning, the top 2 radio shows in NY. According to posters on here all about the money and doo doo was played on the radio in the tri state area. With that exposure and self proclamation of "bringing NY back" these are putrid numbers

all the ? you talking about is NY based. Small portion of the market and being an independent artist from that area is probably the easiest to get access to. I could care less about the mans numbers unlike you. I'm just stating the album is not as bad as others I have heard, and as an independent artist he does not deserve this backlash.

You can throw the cape on and try to mask it however you please, if that's what suits you. However, I've heard the album, and compared to his first joint, the ? is basura. I ? with some of his joints, and he's by no means someone that should be putting out such a subpar project.

And between you and the other half of the Wonder Twins trying to sound knowledgeable on the matter when discussing his "confidence", you failed to address the ? constantly running around with diarrhea mouth talkin bout "weirdo rappers" while trying to big himself up in the process. That ain't confidence, that's insecurity. If you're truly confident in yourself and your craft there's no need to tear down others while trying to get to the top. Especially when the ones you're trying tear down are already established and have proven themselves. That's truly the epitome of a crab's mentality.

? is like Draymond Green. They're both role players who have mouths that supersede their talent.

• Louis Devinear
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    loch121 wrote: »
    You ? sound like clowns celebrating his downfall but he was tryna blow without signing to a major.

The whole reason hiphop is ? is cos the majors control everything and push iggy and give awards to white artists only

You stupid ? should be routing for him to succeed and prove you dont need a label

But your hatred wont let you, this dude is the closest thing we have to actual rap but you rather cheer on drake and wayne and all this other ?

Even 50 had to back down and do a song after tryna talk sideways

The album was ok im not gonna lie too much singing

But the fake butt busta tune is cold and factual

And the fat joe song is fire

Yh im done

I totally agree.I don't know why ? gave you all those feelings.Seems like they're the ones with all these feelings towards Troy Ave.

The fact he made front page off allhiphop shows some media is at work here trying to tear him down. He doing his thing and all they reporting is the negative side.

Album not even that bad with some dope features. This ? is the epitome of hatred.

But what he's selling is literal Poison and Hatred.

He's a negative guy with a negative imagine promoting negative things.

And on top of all of that he's not even that nice. He has a high pitched voice and he's a biter. If he left the game tomorrow he'd be forgotten about by Monday.

And I'm not trying to kick a Man when he's down but we don't need anymore Troy Ave's out here. I'm sorry but I had to say it

Aye ? @phukkyou2 wasn't you in that Kevin Gates thread condoning his form of poison and niggadry.

? say ? so it can fit their narrative. Selective memory ass ? .

Gtfoh
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why are you guys angry that ppl don't like troy ave? His album came out and flopped, I wouldn't care normally, but with all the ? he talks and HATE HE GIVES TO OTHERS HIMSELF...lead to this.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Yall can check out my work too, ive been doing some cover work on the side for a while now for my boys mixtapes the CYOL game that we had really helped me improve with my work though.

21dg746.jpg

2vls9hc.jpg

2m6uxxx.jpg

mruxbb.jpg

241qd8j.jpg

dq6ji8.jpg

My boys mic jordan cover, this what the ? wanted
    8v6gVCk.jpg?1
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion and Icebergtaylor were on another level with they covers though, this ? Sion was making moving covers and ? .

Shoutout to the CYOL fam btw @Sion @Icebergtaylor @Morganfreemanking @Jazzybella @yung$ @Ibex @_Menace_ @JaDaDon and anybody else whos played w/ us in the past,

Im starting to miss that ? again already
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TonyDubbz wrote: »
    Sion and Icebergtaylor were on another level with they covers though, this ? Sion was making moving covers and ? .

Shoutout to the CYOL fam btw @Sion @Icebergtaylor @Morganfreemanking @Jazzybella @yung$ @Ibex @_Menace_ @JaDaDon and anybody else whos played w/ us in the past,

Im starting to miss that ? again already

Start another fam I had to drop out of the last one
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

You can throw the cape on and try to mask it however you please, if that's what suits you. However, I've heard the album, and compared to his first joint, the ? is basura. I ? with some of his joints, and he's by no means someone that should be putting out such a subpar project.

And between you and the other half of the Wonder Twins trying to sound knowledgeable on the matter when discussing his "confidence", you failed to address the ? constantly running around with diarrhea mouth talkin bout "weirdo rappers" while trying to big himself up in the process. That ain't confidence, that's insecurity. If you're truly confident in yourself and your craft there's no need to tear down others while trying to get to the top. Especially when the ones you're trying tear down are already established and have proven themselves. That's truly the epitome of a crab's mentality.

? is like Draymond Green. They're both role players who have mouths that supersede their talent.

Cape huh? Wonder twins huh? So saying something is not as terrible as the media makes it seem makes me and others super heroes?

You heard the album and you're comparing it to his previous joints. This means you have preconceived notions on how it should be/sound. Your assertions are biased.

Sounds like you all really have a problem with his personality. Must fit in with the weirdos he was degrading. What you're doing is no better than what he did and we all know two wrongs don't make a right. That's why us super heroes are calling you guys haters.
  • BlackAX410
    Options

Lol i understand u don't like master P but slim and magic being dead have absolutely nuthin to do with him. Almost all of P's former artist have said themselves P looked out for them and considered the label a family, where's the proof of him ? and artist? Or u just gonna keep spewing feelings
  • BlackAX410
    Options

He does deserve the backlash because he was over confident.

? what?

If dude backed up the ? he talked people wouldn't go this hard. He's a mediocre artist who does nothing well, doesnt have his own identity and doesn't seem to have staying power.
    Havent listened to the album and have no intention of doing so, basically he made his bed and now he's gotta lay in it

How can you state the underlined, and then reveal the bold?

How the ? ? ? You a follower ass ? !
    Ive listened to that generic ? multiple times and was left unimpressed each time. Lol u aint bout to force me to listen to someone who doesn't reach me, its all about preference and after giving him a chance i have no interest in playing his album or any of his future music ima follower cuz of that?
  • Micmacmar3of3m
    Micmacmar3of3m Members Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    4500 copies multiplied by eehh $10 a copy?..

45k in a week?.. I'll take it.. Some people dont make 45k in a year.. Can't be in the other threads screaming this ownership ? .. Then be in here tryna roast..

Ummmm my man u think he getting every dollar made of the album???? Reconsider Bruh that ain't how this works..
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cape huh? Wonder twins huh? So saying something is not as terrible as the media makes it seem makes me and others super heroes?

You heard the album and you're comparing it to his previous joints. This means you have preconceived notions on how it should be/sound. Your assertions are biased.

Sounds like you all really have a problem with his personality. Must fit in with the weirdos he was degrading. What you're doing is no better than what he did and we all know two wrongs don't make a right. That's why us super heroes are calling you guys haters.

Trying to rationalize your logic makes it no less idiotic. You're not debating a young, dumb ? here either. If having a successful career and a beautiful fam and doing for the black community makes me a weirdo, then I'll wear that ? like it's a pair of new J's.

I don't have preconceived notions of how it should sound, I have preconceived notions of it being to a certain standard based on his previous work. However, for all the features and gum bumping he's been doing for the past year or so, it's not up to that standard.

You're not defending a ? that got the ? end of a deal, you're defending someone that set himself up for this failure. The fault falls squarely on his shoulders. No one else's. If you believe that to be something worth fighting for, by all means, type on that keyboard until your fingers hurt.

And while him being independent is to be commended, others before him have done it and are doing it better without degrading others. Nipsey, Tech 9, Mac Miller, etc. Their successes are the ones that should be emulated.
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

Hey bruh a lot of the ? he was referring to as weirdos are ? weirdos. Just because you ? relate to all that emo ? don't mean everyone else does. Just cause ? don't get shape ups and wear thrift store clothing don't mean they introspective or deep. Which one of these new ? aside from kdot and cole didn't brick. Ab-soul brick , chance da rapper no album. What other new school weirdo is there. Name him cause when he drop that ? gonna brick to. ? ? me with that I don't like the way he talk. Everybody is not gonna wax poetic. Every artist is not gonna be on some hold hands and sing kumbya. It's crazy cause all ofbif not the ? that yall claim to be thorough industry ? is on the album. So what does that say about him?
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? just said us not supporting troy ave music is a case of " two wrongs don't make a right."

Lolol
    Man yall love yall some troy ave man
    Wtf

I never heard this type of nuthugging

Two wrongs don't a right. Lolol. One way we different from him is because he disses ppl then ask those ppl to buy his ? . I diss him but I ain't selling ? . Rule one of sales is don't diss your customers
  • Louis Devinear
    Options

Lol i understand u don't like master P but slim and magic being dead have absolutely nuthin to do with him. Almost all of P's former artist have said themselves P looked out for them and considered the label a family, where's the proof of him ? and artist? Or u just gonna keep spewing feelings

Where the ? are these artists at. None are rich nor wealthy. Yeah p looked out and gave em deals. But I'm pretty sure the terms of those deals benefited P more then the the artist. I have no ill will toward Percy. Why should I? But don't try to paint this ? as a saint when he's not. Speaking of ask Ricky Williams about master p
    Or Mia X ain't she devout Christian or cultists some ? like that
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    And I never knew magic was dead.

R. I. P.
  • Louis Devinear
    Options
    And I never knew magic was dead.

R. I. P.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What hurt Troy Ave was he was shittin on potential fans on twitter. After you ? on ? the way he did then try to sell them sumn, even if its dope as hell ? aint gon wanna ? wit you.