Rapper Troy Ave SHOCKS fans with stunning album sales....

Options

Comments

• Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All right then ? !!! so why would you? In the first place
  • BenjaminE
    BenjaminE Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lll.jpg

Da ? is that white ? on ya keyboard?

https://youtu.be/4pXfHLUlZf4
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread of the year. Unless Shenco drops another song and we roast him again
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So wtf does digitally undershipped mean? Am I missing somthing? LMFAO
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Yall can throw the cape on all u want, this ? had commercials, interviews tellin us how great he was and songs on the radio (not in my area) but his song was on major NY stations. These are terrible numbers for someone who had this much exposure idc how yall slice it

I never saw a commercial, interview, or even heard a song on the radio. He independent bruh. Not to mention the numbers are skewed and only account for a few days and not a true sales week in the traditional sense.

So the cape is not really a cape as you put it.

I see a lot of people are misinformed on here.

The ability, or lack there of, for people to do their own research on the internet is the real flop
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADP3m3II-1E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

How bout u do some research on ya mans lol here's his commercial, dude was interviewed on breakfast club and sway in the morning, the top 2 radio shows in NY. According to posters on here all about the money and doo doo was played on the radio in the tri state area. With that exposure and self proclamation of "bringing NY back" these are putrid numbers

all the ? you talking about is NY based. Small portion of the market and being an independent artist from that area is probably the easiest to get access to. I could care less about the mans numbers unlike you. I'm just stating the album is not as bad as others I have heard, and as an independent artist he does not deserve this backlash.

You can throw the cape on and try to mask it however you please, if that's what suits you. However, I've heard the album, and compared to his first joint, the ? is basura. I ? with some of his joints, and he's by no means someone that should be putting out such a subpar project.

And between you and the other half of the Wonder Twins trying to sound knowledgeable on the matter when discussing his "confidence", you failed to address the ? constantly running around with diarrhea mouth talkin bout "weirdo rappers" while trying to big himself up in the process. That ain't confidence, that's insecurity. If you're truly confident in yourself and your craft there's no need to tear down others while trying to get to the top. Especially when the ones you're trying tear down are already established and have proven themselves. That's truly the epitome of a crab's mentality.

? is like Draymond Green. They're both role players who have mouths that supersede their talent.

Hey bruh a lot of the ? he was referring to as weirdos are ? weirdos. Just because you ? relate to all that emo ? don't mean everyone else does. Just cause ? don't get shape ups and wear thrift store clothing don't mean they introspective or deep. Which one of these new ? aside from kdot and cole didn't brick. Ab-soul brick , chance da rapper no album. What other new school weirdo is there. Name him cause when he drop that ? gonna brick to. ? ? me with that I don't like the way he talk. Everybody is not gonna wax poetic. Every artist is not gonna be on some hold hands and sing kumbya. It's crazy cause all ofbif not the ? that yall claim to be thorough industry ? is on the album. So what does that say about him?

FYI, bruh, Ab-Soul isn't signed to Interscope like the rest of TDE so he's technically still independent. His brick sold 22K in the first week.

Just saying you should probably research the information you speak on b/c you're lightning your boy Troy & his 4,500 up in the crossfire.
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    @bkzlostchild

What's there to listen to? I get it, he wants to murder me and sell my mother ? so he can pop bottles and get his Mom's out the hood.

I got Migos for that. Meek Mill, French Montana, Lil' Durk, Glizzy Gang, Rich Gang, Future, and a whole lotta other artists that do it better and are more original.

If you ? with it then support it. But don't think we're missing out on something special. Everyone can make a decent song or two, it's not that hard if you actually care

you going to try & clown this ? for his repetitive subject matter yet those ? you name be rapping about the same ? over & over again so what the ? exactly you listening to?

• jamiefoxxhairline
    jamiefoxxhairline Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First person in history to be undershipped digitally

This ? lying his ass off
    csONO2G.jpg
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    The I.C. is notorious for thinking and saying sales don't matter and just because Eminem is the highest selling hip-hop artist ever and one of the highest selling artists ever across all genres that doesn't make him the greatest as apparently 'sales don't matter'

Yet the same people that say this are clowning Troy Aves sales

Yet when people clown Nas poor sales or Slaughterhouse poor sales or Big Krits poor sales they get upset

Just an observation

• GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    ? if migos came out in 3012 they wouldn't be able to ? with busta rhymes.

? love the flavor of the month ? .

Busts Rhymes is international them ? is still chitlin circuit

Busta Rhymes is so predictable

Lacks substance, raps fast about a bunch of nothing just making words rhymes for the sake of making them rhyme, RnB singers on the hook featuring to do the hook for him

It comes down to taste but that is awful music to me zero soul

My definition of soul is emotion different to the rest of the IC's definition but he lacks emotion in his music

For a cypher he cool but so 1 dimensional, limited and predictable

This why people on the IC have to understand there is a difference between rappers that are MC's like Busta and rappers that are good song writers
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Troy ave hate thread #30
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    The I.C. is notorious for thinking and saying sales don't matter and just because Eminem is the highest selling hip-hop artist ever and one of the highest selling artists ever across all genres that doesn't make him the greatest as apparently 'sales don't matter'

Yet the same people that say this are clowning Troy Aves sales

Yet when people clown Nas poor sales or Slaughterhouse poor sales or Big Krits poor sales they get upset

Just an observation

GunTown wrote: »
    ? if migos came out in 3012 they wouldn't be able to ? with busta rhymes.

? love the flavor of the month ? .

Busts Rhymes is international them ? is still chitlin circuit

Busta Rhymes is so predictable

Lacks substance, raps fast about a bunch of nothing just making words rhymes for the sake of making them rhyme, RnB singers on the hook featuring to do the hook for him

It comes down to taste but that is awful music to me zero soul

My definition of soul is emotion different to the rest of the IC's definition but he lacks emotion in his music

For a cypher he cool but so 1 dimensional, limited and predictable

This why people on the IC have to understand there is a difference between rappers that are MC's like Busta and rappers that are good song writers

Can you please shutthefuckup?...please!
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo I gotta stop sleeping on the rain
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't he have a lot of major features?
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    Lol@ busta rhymes aint got no soul ..

? you wouldn't know soul if it hit you in the face

Eminem is a soulless ? rapper with verses about hyper violent homosexuality,? fantasies,rampage drug usage,matricide,etc..

He has a few quality songs of substance but its mostly random association bars about random weirdness

Plus Eminem cant effectively rhyme to no authentic African drum break beats..He needs rock tones and frequencies to give the appearance he has true rhythm..His rhythm is ice water wherein busta rhymes is liquid...

Know the difference and ? you cac ?

I agree that busta has soul, but you painting eminem in a way that isnt wholly accurate.

Dmx had lines about ? corpses, and hyper violent homosexuality "if we was up north ? woulda been ? you" or "to all them ? that been to jail before suck my ? " but ppl don't hold that against him as if its all he rapped about.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Why u ? don't just ignore that person is beyond me smh. Flag and keep it movin son.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »
    Troy ave hate thread #30

lol this ? tried to sneak in on a Saturday morning 14 pages later. That's real slick of you son.

I made a post already in here lol