The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Rumored we're the favorites to sign greg Monroe, i think thats a solid move i just think we'd have to make another move for more scoring punch.with Monroe's post scoring and passing ability i think stevens would have him at an all star level

his lack of defense and a jump shot is gonna frustrate you
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Embiid will be ROY next season
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've given lebron props for years but it can't be "he is such a great leader and makes his teammates better" when he's winning then " he's doing it all alone and is exhausted and needs help he's without 2 all stars" when he's losing.

You don't win the east and be competitive in the nba finals in games 2 and 3 games by yourself.

Actually , ya know, you can. You really can

Not sure the exact numbers right now but hes AVERAGING about 40, 12,10

Its only due to his consistency that that statline doesn't completely blow people away, but digest that

To compare, Magic did that for 1 game, as center, and its still looked at as arguably the greatest 1 game feat in NBA history

Bruh...Bron is AVERAGING that.

Idgaf if he's the bama of all bamas, ANYBODY nitpicking dude at this point is a CLOWN. Period.

You cant call yourself respecting the greats and cite their accomplishments, then look at this like its funny in the light. Credibility immediately shot
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »

Tough break man. I was pulling for Embid.
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our roster really wasn't limited at all. But if GS lost Klay Thompson, Iggy, and Draymond Green and Cavs had all there players. Like I said, N#ggas would be saying this is one of the easiest title runs in league history, which it is.. By no means is it GS fault. But ya'll nigg#s so eager to hate and d#ck ride its disgusting. The only point I was trying to make is if GS become this years champions, based off this finals performance I was not impressed compared to other championship teams they borderline trash. Steph just had his first notable performance of the finals....in the 5th game. Klay is role player status to me going forward til he learns how to go to the rack. Ya'll can tell me about all the talent they have but Cavs won 2 out of the first 3 and the one loss was in OT, with this starting line up??With healthy roster thats looking like a sweep or atleast a 3-0 start. No hate....strictly speaking basketball...Im not impressed.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Our roster really wasn't limited at all. But if GS lost Klay Thompson, Iggy, and Draymond Green and Cavs had all there players. Like I said, N#ggas would be saying this is one of the easiest title runs in league history, which it is.. By no means is it GS fault. But ya'll nigg#s so eager to hate and d#ck ride its disgusting. The only point I was trying to make is if GS become this years champions, based off this finals performance I was not impressed compared to other championship teams they borderline trash. Steph just had his first notable performance of the finals....in the 5th game. Klay is role player status to me going forward til he learns how to go to the rack. Ya'll can tell me about all the talent they have but Cavs won 2 out of the first 3 and the one loss was in OT, with this starting line up??With healthy roster thats looking like a sweep or atleast a 3-0 start. No hate....strictly speaking basketball...Im not impressed.

You dont gotta be impressed but you will be depressed.. and stop copy and pasting players into games they didnt play.. Everything changes.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Rumored we're the favorites to sign greg Monroe, i think thats a solid move i just think we'd have to make another move for more scoring punch.with Monroe's post scoring and passing ability i think stevens would have him at an all star level

We were at the bottom of the league in points in the paint, im concerned about his defense but if we can get him at a good price im wit it
  • BlackAX410
    Options

This is a good move, hopefully denver can put some talent around him only about 3 guys played with heart on that roster last year (gallo, Barton, faried)
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do we even know if that tweet is legit?
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've given lebron props for years but it can't be "he is such a great leader and makes his teammates better" when he's winning then " he's doing it all alone and is exhausted and needs help he's without 2 all stars" when he's losing.

You don't win the east and be competitive in the nba finals in games 2 and 3 games by yourself.

Well im confused as to why he is getting criticized in here (i mean i know where i am in all). And Inglewood is correct.i mean you were calling that ? "king" for a min..you wouldn't even call him by his given name. But you were going at laker fans..

To me it is a big factor that he doesnt have enough help. And he is clearly carrying this team now on his back. W a triple double in almost every game..i mean im sorry PLAYMAKER his shooting percentage isnt up to your liking..but damn dude put his work in..

Im just really dont get why he would be criticized now by anyone. What more is he expected to do or you want him to do. Im not w given him the finals MVP or sayin he is above any criticism..but i just dont think he should be criticized right now. Maybe i dont know the whole story..

Any EVERY poster in here ? riders someone n hates on another player..

To me besides R.Westbrook, Lebron is the most criticized player in the NBA.
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David Blatt should use Perkins, Marion and Joe Harris for 6 fouls a piece. I would muddy up the game while Finally taking LBJ out for a rest. I couldn't believe LBK only rested for less than 30 seconds in the first half.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We were at the bottom of the league in points in the paint, im concerned about his defense but if we can get him at a good price im wit it

not happening he tryna get paid this offseason. also he comes up small in crunch time moments
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    i applaud lebron james for trying i think i made a few criticisms than his putrid Fg% while shooting most of his shots in the paint and single guarded. From day one its been about the force fed universally accepted narratives... Some of those narratives will endure i dont have to buy them though
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i applaud lebron james for trying i think i made a few criticisms than his putrid Fg% while shooting most of his shots in the paint and single guarded. From day one its been about the force fed universally accepted narratives... Some of those narratives will endure i dont have to buy them though

I understand that But this is the sports world. This is what the sports media does..nobody said anyone had to feed into it. But lebron is who the nba/espn etc..been marketing.. Seems like Curry about to get that nod too..

I mean all four major sports more push individual players to market more then teams anyways..
  • BlackAX410
    Options

not happening he tryna get paid this offseason. also he comes up small in crunch time moments
    Yea i read he wants a max, we got cap room for that. IT, Turner, sully and smart all hit clutch shots last year so we don't need him for that lls. 16 and 10 while sharing touches with Drummond sounds good to me. He's only 25 too, stevens will have him playing his best ball he doesn't have to deal wit the wild amount of coaching changes he had in Detroit
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tape doesn't lie
    1st Quarter
    5:32-JR fouls Klay, no call
    4:35 Della pulls on Curry's arm and holds him
    4:26 Draymond is called for a 3 second Defense call when he picks up a man at 2sec
    8:16 Lebron WALKS and takes 4 steps
    3:15 forget which bad call this was but it happened
    2:40 Della holds Curry
    2:18 Draymond fouls Lebron but gets away with it (I don't care if it's for the Cavs, refs missed it)
    1:30- Barbosa is called for a travel when he didn't travel
    0:35.7 James Jones moves feet 3 times on Draymond and still gets a charge call, resulting in Draymond being charged a foul.

2nd Quarter
    11:28 Mike Miller grabs Barbosa's jersey and holds onto and pulls it, yet Barbosa somehow is called for the foul
    8:44 Tristan somehow is fouled even though noone touches him
    7:47 Shumpert fouls David Lee, no call
    7:27 Lebron WALKS,no call
    6:53 Curry fouled on 3 pointer by Thompson, no call
    6:01 Tristan fouls Curry AGAIN on 3 point shot, no call
    5:58 Della raps arm around Draymond and cuffs his elbow and falls to the ground while pulling Draymond's arm, yet Draymond is also called for the DOUBLE foul
    4:53 Lebron hacks Klay, no call
    3:35 Iguodala double dribbles, no call but does get a foul call in his favor (again I can see both ways.)
    2:43 OBVIOUS Della kicks ball but somehow through CHEATING REFS the ball goes to the Cavs and no call for the kick ball is called, instead David Lee fouls Tristan and Cavs get opts.
    0:25:9- ? Della takes an extra step to try to get to Curry's ankles
    :16- Late whistle and STeve Kerr had to MAKE REF call 8 seconds on Lebron.

• luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Refs are helping!!!!!!!!! Otherwise it'd be that blowout
    3rd Quarter
    11:23 JR smith knocks ball out of bounds, but ball goes to CAVS. CHEATING
    11:09 Lebron fouls Draymond, no call, but instead refs call a travel. CHEATING
    8:35 Tristan is on Curry's back, no foul call (not cheating b/c I see this often, so I don't expect refs to call these type fouls)
    7:40 Tristan takes 4 steps, WALKS, no call
    7:11 Draymond should've got the continuation on the foul but the refs only give him the foul and say it wasn't shooting when he was in the act of shooting and never put the ball back on the ground at the exact time the Whistle was actually blown.
    7:12 Kick ball is finally called, unlike when it should've been called earlier.
    7:05 OBVIOUS bad call, but reversed to good call after another ref disagrees with the first refs call.
    5:53 Lebron WALKS on inbound
    5:27 OBVIOUSLY Iguodala is fouled and pushed in back, no call
    5:15 Curry fouls JR smith, no call (i can see both ways)
    4:46 Foul called on Klay, but he did not foul. CHEATING REFS trying to get KLAY and Draymond out the game.
    4:06 Foul on Klay is very questionable (I can't say it's bad refereeing here, but hmm)
    3:13 Della pulls Barbosa's hand twice and drags him, Barbosa has to fling his arm free. Nothing called
    1:50 Lebron pushes off on Iguodala, no call. (This is a call the refs could call but I don't blame them for not calling it. I'm not trying to be unreasonable in the observations here.)
    1:35 Foul called on Livingston, but THERE WAS NO FOUL!!!! REFS CHEATING
    0:35.2- Mozgov is called for folding Barbosa, not a good call (i can see both ways)
    4th Quarter
    11:20 Foul called on Festus because REFS OBVIOUS cheat and waited to call this mysterious foul very late to see if Lebron would 1st hit the shot. When they see he misses they make up a call on Festus is the culprit.

11:03 OBVIOUS Mozgov walks, no call
    10:48 Golden State has to challenge a BAD CHEATING CALL REF to get the ball back
    9:53 Iman flops and never got touched on screen but refs blow whistle for a moving screen and call it. Ball goes to Cavs.
    9:17 Mozgov fouls Green, no call
    7:34 ? Della steps into Curry and aims for his ankles way after Curry has taken the shot. DELLA trying to hurt Curry.
    7:14 Steph is called for a foul on Lebron but only touches ball. Bad call but not a cheating call)
    4:34 2 players fall on slip but Klay is called for foul 5 because it's Lebron
    2:45 ? DELL steps into Curry's ankles after shot is taken. He takes 2 extra steps and pretends to be looking away, but his foot is somehow reaching around for no reason to land on Curry's.
    2:15 Barnes is fouled, but gets no call
    1:46 ? DELL knees Curry in face, no call
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Lol please tell me u copy and pasted those past 2 posts. Those some big ass annotated bibliographies that nobody is gonna read
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options

Do we even know if that tweet is legit?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20150615_Could_Embiid_sit_out_another_season__It_s_possible.html

Philly inquirer reporter reported it
    2hnud5l.jpg
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    jamiefoxxhairline Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top CLE #'s in this series: Mozgov +6, Miller +4, Kyrie +4... Bottom: Dellavedova -15, LeBron -20, Shumpert -33, Tristan -49, JR Smith -54.
  • jamiefoxxhairline
    jamiefoxxhairline Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol after game 3 ? was way diff in here
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Embiid was looking like a beast too hitting all those jumpers in warmups.

Say it ain't so, I hope this setback turns up to be minor, but best he play it safe before he really ends up like Oden and others who jumped the gun.
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You dont gotta be impressed but you will be depressed.. and stop copy and pasting players into games they didnt play.. Everything changes.

You right bruh...add two allstars and a center that averages a double double....it changes everything. Im depressed that my team has returned to the top of the basketball world. Depressed that our 2016 opening day line up will read: Mozgov, Love, James, Shumpert, Irving. Bench: Andy, Tristian Thompson, JR Smith....yea bruh Im over here weeping...n#gga we went from being perennial lottery contestants..lol
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Lol after game 3 ? was way diff in here

You mean like these goofy ass CASUAL fans actin like the series was over
    S2J wrote: »
    But but but...they were down 2-1 to Memphis

Does it really look and feel the same??!?!?

Kerr and Curry dont look so care free do they
    Sion wrote: »
    Cleveland gon take it.... ? them other ? , LeBron gon win a championship and create his own legacy away from them other ? . Hate it or love it but he's gonna be bigger than Kobe to this era and when it's all said and done he's gonna retire his jersey number and ? will say he "retired" Jordan and he's up there with him.

What the hell does the bolded even mean

"When it's all said and done, LeBron will retire, just like Jordan retired, and ? will say he retired, and his jersey will hang up in the rafters just like Jordan's jersey is, and every other retired jersey number has."