Dr.Umar Johnson Controversy: Can your personal life distort your message?

Options

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The real problem these people have is the backtracking lying and covering up.

Shoulda just said "I love bad ? that's my ? problem. And yeah I like to ? , I got a ? problem."

that's all i'm saying. the same way he made that statement saying he was celibate. he could made another statement saying he's no longer celibate, "it's a challenge you sistas are the truth".
    case closed, it aint that hard.
    one lie lead to another then another. now he probably tainted his movement, that he worked so hard for in the first place.

when a person put themselves in a position to be a leader, they cant make moves like non leaders. especially when their blk, fighting against wht supremacy, doing good.
    they gotta b on they p's and q's
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Shoulda just said "I love bad ? that's my ? problem. And yeah I like to ? , I got a ? problem."

that's all i'm saying. or the same way he made that statement saying he was celibate, he could made a statement that he's no longer celibate, it's a challenge "you sistas are the truth".

case close it aint that hard.
    one lie lead to another and another. now he tainted his movement that he worked so hard for in the first place.

People make mistakes, fuckit. We've all done a little silly ? from time to time. I just overdrew my Bank Account the other day buyin Seafood and didn't even realize it. Now thanks to the penalties and the cost of the food I owe the bank $38.

It's not the worst thing in the world but it's ? silly. And he's no Rozay either so we shouldn't lump all of that ? together
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one likes a hypocrite, so yea he has to deal with that.

But you cant ? the message, i still support the brother.
  • D0wn
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    D0wn wrote: »

that's all i'm saying. or the same way he made that statement saying he was celibate, he could made a statement that he's no longer celibate, it's a challenge "you sistas are the truth".

case close it aint that hard.
    one lie lead to another and another. now he tainted his movement that he worked so hard for in the first place.

People make mistakes, fuckit. We've all done a little silly ? from time to time. I just overdrew my Bank Account the other day buyin Seafood and didn't even realize it. Now thanks to the penalties and the cost of the food I owe the bank $38.

It's not the worst thing in the world but it's ? silly. And he's no Rozay either so we shouldn't lump all of that ? together

did u really just compare ya self, buying sea food to umar johnson, and what he's tryna do with this school movement ???????

look dude, i understand we all make mistakes. but when you are in a certain position, certain mistakes can be costly.
    this will definitely taint his movement...

this ain't even about the stripper chick, cause that's literally nothing.
    it's about lying, about potentially being cellibate, when he didn't have to lie at all.
    then when he got busted, he lied and said it was 2 weeks, when it was more like 6 months. then potentially lying about demarcus cousins.
    that speaks to his character, and he's looking like a potential liar.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    That's a Sheeplike Mob Mentality to have tho. It's immature to think about it like that
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before this thread I knew nothing about this brothers sexual endeavors...
    I don't care if he celibate, it's none of my business.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    downfall of a man=woman
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She was a plant. When they come for you they'll use one of your own
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah...your personal life can distort your message.

as well as your public profile

and it's some what naive and hypocritical to say otherwise........
  • D0wn
    Options

it ain't even that deep bruh...
    Umar was caught slipping and that's that ... everything don't have to be a plant.
    like numerous posters say, nobody is perfect PERIOD.
    and props to Umar for STRIVING to do good.

but at the same time, Umar handling of the situation raises red flags.
    everybody slip up , we make mistakes but the homie potentially handle this situation like a non upstanding dude.
    and everybody is just giving him a pass blindly.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options

the thing is if this is true
    if she was indeed a plant,agent,infiltrator etc.
    as many of the good doctor's acolytes have vehemently proclaimed

this should automatically disqualify him to lead

the fact in this day & age, a man of his "esteemed" education,insight and wisdom STILL managed to clumsily fall for (literally) the oldest trick in book???

His judgement skills should forever be under scrutiny
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

the fact in this day & age, a man of his "esteemed" education,insight and wisdom STILL managed to clumsily fall for (literally) the oldest trick in book???

Or maybe it just exposes the imperfections of Mankind and we're not the Intellectual Supreme ? 's agenda these new ? is tryna push
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »

There will never be a man that Will consistently resist women.
  • zzombie
    Options
    I would think by know blacks would be smart enough to realize that we shouldn't follow or look for leaders That are impenetrable because they don't exist
  • phukkyou2
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    I would think by know blacks would be smart enough to realize that we shouldn't follow or look for leaders That are impenetrable because they don't exist

Black people are looking for one who has no fault, which is horribly impossible. I mean Moses was a great leader but he had faults, David had faults, Mansa Musa had faults, and the list goes ? on but they did great things for the betterment of their people that far outweighed their faults. I could see pimping was their fault because it is deliberate hustling that's a BIG difference versus someone ? up and ? some chick that is a stripper while single.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes, but only if it directly contradicts what you stand for on a fundamental level i.e. pro-black with white wife, or if the activity is so outlandish that we question your mental stability i.e. ? ? .
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It depends if the person is looking for someone to follow or if they are looking for knowledge

I wouldnt have learned as much as I learned if I care about a persons "image". IMO, if they fall off, I got the knowledge now so fck em. I always try to check sources so really I ain't the type to say be a follower of anyone. Point me to our sources n I'll give u a shout out but that's about it
  • Black Boy King
    Black Boy King Members Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Now if that person is asking for money and donations like this ? , then yea character tends to come into play.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Black folks hold together about as strong as a literal house of playing cards
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cointelpro all day
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This is a horizontal issue.

Anyone who completely writes him off after this wasn't completely down anyway.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Notice how everythkng that happens is somebody else fault?

"Its the ? !!! Its the feminists!!!"

Not taking responsibility and not properly placing blame is how you know you being hustled.

This ? isnt even a big deal
  • zzombie
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Notice how everythkng that happens is somebody else fault?

"Its the ? !!! Its the feminists!!!"

Not taking responsibility and not properly placing blame is how you know you being hustled.

This ? isnt even a big deal

You realize umar didn't speak in that video right????