do u want a "old school" or a "new school" s/o....

Options
damobb2deep
damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
or what 1 do u have.........

therre are drawbacks and pluses to both old and new school men/women......

example:

more females are independent now....... but alot dont cook as much/ like women 20 or 30 years ago...

men are more open to new ? now...... but some are considerd "soft" compared to men 20 or 30 years ago.......

so what type of s/o do you want..... sombody more "old" school or sombody more "new" school

Comments

• isayas
    isayas Confirm Email Posts: 2,972 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    "It ain't nothin' like the Ol' Skool"
  • Elle_Music
    Elle_Music Members Posts: 926
    edited June 2010
    Options
    for me more modern than traditional... well maybe a mix of both. Basically somebody who will help with the general house duties as in cooking and cleaning, taking care of the kids (in the future..no kids now)

I have that now... So I'm happy
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Elle_Music wrote: »
    for me more modern than traditional... well maybe a mix of both. Basically somebody who will help with the general house duties as in cooking and cleaning, taking care of the kids (in the future..no kids now)

I have that now... So I'm happy

i feel that.......
  • Lorenzo de Medici
    Lorenzo de Medici Members Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    traditional. The tasks are different but just as important. I think old school women are far more strong than these new school ? .
  • Soulljah T
    Soulljah T Banned Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I'm old school....I like em' to have old school tastes....but the way some men were back in the day....hell no.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Old school pros: A women cooked, cleaned knew her place, and knew how to shut the ? up every once in a while and let the man lead.

New School cons: Women want responsibility when it suits them, don't know how to handle the responsibility that they are given, lack forethought, and most want a husband, but don't know how to be a wife. Most women these days want a man that will treat them like a queen, but these women don't even know how to make a sandwich..........................................
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Old school pros: A women cooked, cleaned knew her place, and knew how to shut the ? up every once in a while and let the man lead.

New School cons: Women want responsibility when it suits them, don't know how to handle the responsibility that they are given, lack forethought, and most want a husband, but don't know how to be a wife. Most women these days want a man that will treat them like a queen, but these women don't even know how to make a sandwich..........................................

Women don't have a place. And how do women not know how to make a sandwich, what, did they put the ham in their bras, the mayo across their foreheads and the bread on their head?
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Soulljah T wrote: »
    Women don't have a place. And how do women not know how to make a sandwich, what, did they put the ham in their bras, the mayo across their foreheads and the bread on their head?

Just saying, most American women today, outside of a random ? , are useless as life partners. Good men with their heads on straight seek companionship, but most of these women seek to be a man's competitor. A man shouldn't have to compete in his own home, nor should he have to experience a power struggle because his woman doesn't want to clean, cook, or wash clothes, despite the fact that she isn't working. For a man seeking more depth/companionship, he has a small pool to choose from in this nation. I'm saying a lot of these women have ridiculous requirements of what they want in a man, but these very women can't even handle the basic components of keeping a relationship functioning.................................
  • the_underground
    the_underground Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    New school. Not a traditional person.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just saying, most American women today, outside of a random ? , are useless as life partners. Good men with their heads on straight seek companionship, but most of these women seek to be a man's competitor. A man shouldn't have to compete in his own home, nor should he have to experience a power struggle because his woman doesn't want to clean, cook, or wash clothes, despite the fact that she isn't working. For a man seeking more depth/companionship, he has a small pool to choose from in this nation. I'm saying a lot of these women have ridiculous requirements of what they want in a man, but these very women can't even handle the basic components of keeping a relationship functioning.................................

Washing clothes, cooking or cleaning isn't what breaks or makes a relationship nor should it be. You can wash your own damn clothes, it isn't vital. Anyway how do women compete with their men?
  • the_underground
    edited June 2010
    Options

I think if you want a submissive, patriarchal household, then yes, American women won't be down with that. However, I've been to other countries where women are beginning to challenge the cultural ideal of a wife having to confine to stereotypical roles, especially beginning with the home.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Washing clothes, cooking or cleaning isn't what breaks or makes a relationship nor should it be. You can wash your own damn clothes, it isn't vital. Anyway how do women compete with their men?

Never said those are the sole reasons for the demise of a relationship, the lack of submission on the part of the woman, and the failure of both parties to know their place within the structure of the relationship are a few reasons. A woman competes with her man by boasting about how many degrees she has, or placing a man to a ridiculous plateau that no man can reach, and one that she herself has not reached, and will never reach. The "independent" woman mindset has contributed to the lack of femininity in most women stateside. Most men would wife a waitress if she has act right quicker than he would wife a "career" woman that subsists on only her "degrees" and plaques on her walls. A lot women need to learn that degree doesn't=sound character............................
  • the_underground
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Washing clothes, cooking or cleaning isn't what breaks or makes a relationship nor should it be. You can wash your own damn clothes, it isn't vital.

I agree. That's not a partner, that's a maid.
  • NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Old school.

New school women tend to be chronic partiers with no direction. The kind of female that has one bad boyfriend after another, and blames it all on men rather than her own choices. They constantly need male validation. These women will be in so-called "happy" relationships and still feel the need to post ? pictures for random men online.

They have terrible self-esteem, typically. They are easily bored, and unless their man is Casanova (or another mythical caricature), they get sick of a relationship quickly and put the onus on the man to make things sufficiently exciting. They generally lack the depth and substance to be seriously interested in subjects that don't relate to sex, dating, kids, hair/makeup, partying, or gossip.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Never said those are the sole reasons for the demise of a relationship, the lack of submission on the part of the woman, and the failure of both parties to know their place within the structure of the relationship are a few reasons. A woman competes with her man by boasting about how many degrees she has, or placing a man to a ridiculous plateau that no man can reach, and one that she herself has not reached, and will never reach. The "independent" woman mindset has contributed to the lack of femininity in most women stateside. Most men would wife a waitress if she has act right quicker than he would wife a "career" woman that subsists on only her "degrees" and plaques on her walls. A lot women need to learn that degree doesn't=sound character............................

"Knowing the place" and submission according to you = cleaning, cooking, washing YOUR clothes, making the bed, shuting the ? up and ? you. That is all demeaning and non-vital in a REAL, mature relationship,a s I've already reiterated to you. And there is nothing wrong with a career woman who has accomplishments that's she's proud of, you just don't like this, you rather here be the Jetson's robotic maid opposed to an intelligent accomplished INDIVIDUAL with her own opinions and her and own mindset with her own friends and activities. You scurred. Why you scurred? Don't be scurred.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    NastyNasty wrote: »
    Old school.

New school women tend to be chronic partiers with no direction. The kind of female that has one bad boyfriend after another, and blames it all on men rather than her own choices. They constantly need male validation. These women will be in so-called "happy" relationships and still feel the need to post ? pictures for random men online.

They have terrible self-esteem, typically. They are easily bored, and unless their man is Casanova (or another mythical caricature), they get sick of a relationship quickly and put the onus on the man to make things sufficiently exciting. They generally lack the depth and substance to be seriously interested in subjects that don't relate to sex, dating, kids, partying, or gossip.

Yet these are the women most men chase these days. These are the women that have been in demand since the dawning of tight dresses, big hair and sloppy makeup.
  • NastyNasty
    NastyNasty Members Posts: 747 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yet these are the women most men chase these days. These are the women that have been in demand since the dawning of tight dresses, big hair and sloppy makeup.

Not necessarily true. This is just what men have to choose from. But men and women share equal responsibility for any cultural imperfections.
  • the_underground
    edited June 2010
    Options

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the reason that women do that is because they think that's what men want.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    "Knowing the place" and submission according to you = cleaning, cooking, washing YOUR clothes, making the bed, shuting the ? up and ? you. That is all demeaning and non-vital in a REAL, mature relationship,a s I've already reiterated to you. And there is nothing wrong with a career woman who has accomplishments that's she's proud of, you just don't like this, you rather here be the Jetson's robotic maid opposed to an intelligent accomplished INDIVIDUAL with her own opinions and her and own mindset with her own friends and activities. You scurred. Why you scurred? Don't be scurred.

No, it goes even beyond that. A woman that knows her place is respectable, treats her man with respect, and doesn't have an attitude of entitlement, nor does she believe that a man is supposed to give her the world, like most women that subscribe to the fairytale these days. Women that know their place and treat their man with respect understand what it takes to keep an adult, mature, reciprocal relationship permeating. She looks beyond the exterior factors of the man, and truly appreciates the man for who he is, and not who she wants him to be. Most chicks these days want to be Dr. Frankenstein when it comes to men..................................
  • sdrawkcabseh
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Old school.

They have terrible self-esteem, typically. They are easily bored, and unless their man is Casanova (or another mythical caricature), they get sick of a relationship quickly and put the onus on the man to make things sufficiently exciting. They generally lack the depth and substance to be seriously interested in subjects that don't relate to sex, dating, kids, hair/makeup, partying, or gossip.

This post is truth.....................................................................
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Not necessarily true. This is just what men have to choose from. But men and women share equal responsibility for any cultural imperfections.

Then why is it that men take the party woman over the low-key, nice girl? In any situation whether it be school, college and adult life. They even go as far as to cheat on their good woman back home to go to some stripper or a prostitute and have ? done, not to mention the affairs with the club hoppers and bar-sexuals.
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    "New school" since "old school" is old.
  • Soulljah T
    edited June 2010
    Options
    No, it goes even beyond that. A woman that knows her place is respectable, treats her man with respect, and doesn't have an attitude of entitlement, nor does she believe that a man is supposed to give her the world, like most women that subscribe to the fairytale these days. Women that know their place and treat their man with respect understand what it takes to keep an adult, mature, reciprocal relationship permeating. She looks beyond the exterior factors of the man, and truly appreciates the man for who he is, and not who she wants him to be. Most chicks these days want to be Dr. Frankenstein when it comes to men..................................

Men should respect their girl as well so I guess he has a place to, and that is respecting his girl and not treating her like like maid to ? . You can find qualities like these in a number of individuals with a career, and some may not wanna wash your clothes, some may not know how to cook and some may not make it a priority to clean.
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    old school cook clean do dishes etc
    ill mow the lawn take out the trash etc there is a womans place and a mans place
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    old school

give me Florida Evans any day LOL