Eminem- Phonemnal (? . By DJ Khalil)

Options
124»

Comments

• murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This horrible ass song ruined a fire ass lebron james and draymond green beats commercial with all that ctazy ass yelling in the song.
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    We get it, you like sing songy rappers, and rappers that put an emphasis on catchy choruses. Yes we get it, you frown upon rappity rappers. Now that has been established can you stop being so reptitive.

Ja Rule? hell no
    Kanyes 808s album? hell no
    Phonte? hell no
    J Cole? hell no

Theres a few more too but these are the first that come to mind who have sung that i don't like. It's not about singing it's about sounding good at it and hving a talent for it

Wouldn't call these guys rappity rap but here is some rappers who just rap and do nothing else besides rap verses that i am a fan of and listen to

Nipsey Hussle
    2pac
    Lil Boosie
    Styles P
    Ice Cube
    Llod Banks
    Scarface
    Obie Trice
    Young Jeezy
    Ludacris

Just to name a few theres more

And finally putting emphasis on a catchy chorus? no a rapper or any artist in any genre should not put emphasis on a catchy chorus it should come naturally. The artist should make it and who ever likes it likes it and if it happens to be found catchy by the public and that results in high sales then great

Sorry just had to point out u were wrong on all 3 statements
  • JerfyT
    JerfyT Members Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    It's grown on me, can see why some don't like it tho.

This is very underrated post

Like the majority 99% of I.C. posters don't like Em's singing or pretty much any other rappers singing who sings as well as raps. Also most here don't like the type of conscious music like this or from other rappers who got that same sound where it appeals alot to non hip hop fans basically going for the catchy sound but with a message

People here prefer the more trditional straight up rap for hip hop heads type conscious hip hop songs that Nas, Talib Kweli, 2pac, Black Thought, Lupe, Scarface, J Cole, Royce, Dead Prez, Reakwon

So knowing an introspective song from an Eminem or a B.o.B or a Kid Cudi is going to have singig mainly on the hook and as far as overall sound is gonna have that more stadium music sound i guess combining hip-hop and pop pop as far as meaning popular or catchy

Why would 1 listen to or waste there time putting so much energy into something u know isn't for u? i'm not a fan of Nas but i never expect to like a song or get disapinted when i don't because i accept his music and style doesn't appeal to me

Im a huge Eminem fan, but there is no way you can think he is a talented and gifted singer. He isn't. He is nowhere near as good at singing than rapping. I like his rapping enough to where I can deal with his singing, but I can see why it puts a lot of people off because he is horrible at it.
  • GunTown
    Options
    JerfyT wrote: »

Like the majority 99% of I.C. posters don't like Em's singing or pretty much any other rappers singing who sings as well as raps. Also most here don't like the type of conscious music like this or from other rappers who got that same sound where it appeals alot to non hip hop fans basically going for the catchy sound but with a message

People here prefer the more trditional straight up rap for hip hop heads type conscious hip hop songs that Nas, Talib Kweli, 2pac, Black Thought, Lupe, Scarface, J Cole, Royce, Dead Prez, Reakwon

So knowing an introspective song from an Eminem or a B.o.B or a Kid Cudi is going to have singig mainly on the hook and as far as overall sound is gonna have that more stadium music sound i guess combining hip-hop and pop pop as far as meaning popular or catchy

Why would 1 listen to or waste there time putting so much energy into something u know isn't for u? i'm not a fan of Nas but i never expect to like a song or get disapinted when i don't because i accept his music and style doesn't appeal to me

Im a huge Eminem fan, but there is no way you can think he is a talented and gifted singer. He isn't. He is nowhere near as good at singing than rapping. I like his rapping enough to where I can deal with his singing, but I can see why it puts a lot of people off because he is horrible at it.

I do think he is a talented singer i love his singing it is a huge reason why i love his music but heres the thing i can show u countless and when i say countless this is no exageration people who agree with me

I can link u many twitter, youtube, facebook, instagram comments where people say they think he is or praise his singing

It all comes down to taste and opinion now this i do repeat alot but that is because people tend not to understand that it all really does come down to taste

I swear to ? no word of a lie i've never in my life heard anyone critisize his singing outside the IC so this why i was so surprised when i joined

• murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options

I do think he is a talented singer i love his singing it is a huge reason why i love his music but heres the thing i can show u countless and when i say countless this is no exageration people who agree with me

I can link u many twitter, youtube, facebook, instagram comments where people say they think he is or praise his singing

It all comes down to taste and opinion now this i do repeat alot but that is because people tend not to understand that it all really does come down to taste

I swear to ? no word of a lie i've never in my life heard anyone critisize his singing outside the IC so this why i was so surprised when i joined

Nobody outside of the internet listen to eminem. Big sean holding the D down em aint making no noise in them streets. Nobody in the hood listens to slim shady but they riding to thst big sean.

Big sean >>>> slim shady
  • JerfyT
    Options

You can find girls who want to ? him praise his singing like a guy praising a hot girl for being funny. He is not a good singer. Objectively. He even admits it.
  • GunTown
    Options

You can find girls who want to ? him praise his singing like a guy praising a hot girl for being funny. He is not a good singer. Objectively. He even admits it.

C'mon lol now u just back slidding because i am sure u yourself knew the praise for his singing on social network existed before i mentioned it

Even u don't believe what u just said because those that find him attractive would just say they wanna ? or if not that just praise looks they wouldn't have to mention singing or his music

I think u definitley may just have to accept so many find the singing really amazing

• JerfyT
    Options
    No, absolutely not. Nobody thinks his singing is amazing. He can't hold a note and sings out of key on everything. You are telling me you think "You're Never Over" and "Hailie's Song" are actually talented singing???? Highly emotional, yes, but they are not good singing. He even admits that he can't sing! Nobody listens to Eminem sing and Frank Sinatra or Michael Jackson sing and goes "Wow, these are all amazing singers!" Nobody.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? has ALL "yes men" in his camp.
  • GunTown
    Options
    No, absolutely not. Nobody thinks his singing is amazing. He can't hold a note and sings out of key on everything. You are telling me you think "You're Never Over" and "Hailie's Song" are actually talented singing???? Highly emotional, yes, but they are not good singing. He even admits that he can't sing! Nobody listens to Eminem sing and Frank Sinatra or Michael Jackson sing and goes "Wow, these are all amazing singers!" Nobody.

I do think the singing on Hailie's Song is amazing and talented singing but of course Micheal Jackson and Frank Sinatra are better singers

There is better singers of course but i find his singing more catchy

U say nobody but as i said don't shoot the messenger i'm only telling u what others said on social media
  • JerfyT
    Options

I do think the singing on Hailie's Song is amazing and talented singing but of course Micheal Jackson and Frank Sinatra are better singers

U say nobody but as i said don't shoot the messenger i'm only telling u what others said on social media

Show me some credentialed reviewers that say his singing is incredible. 14 year olds on twitter don't impress me

• GunTown
    Options

Show me some credentialed reviewers that say his singing is incredible. 14 year olds on twitter don't impress me

I did say it was mostly females and his fans ages range though the posts on those social network where from people of different ages

From an Artists perspective as long as your fans are happy then that is most important and as long as the Artist is succesful at what they do

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this song is so ? , it makes me not wanna see the movie
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PHENOMENAL NOMINOO NOMINOOO NOMINOOOO NOMINOOOOO NOMINOOOOO

Lmao, aight bruh.
  • GunTown
    edited June 2015
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    this ? has ALL "yes men" in his camp.

No because who do u think let him know the poor fedback Relapse got and how much it got critisized?

They could have said yeah it's all good it sold 3-4 million copies at the time but people from his camp where honest enough to tell him how terrible the content, accent and subject matter were and how the public felt about that album regardless of the sales

If he had yes men then they wouldn't have told him the truth about how people felt about that album and Relapse 2 wouldn't have got scraped

Theres a few yes men maybe but his manager is on twitter he knows what most his fans like. he himself knows what his fans like

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo @GunTown just a question and this is one of the most weirdest circumstances on this website

How is it you and @gee757 were cool with each other but he was known to be the biggest Eminem hater on the Internets?

I never understood that
  • GunTown
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Yo @GunTown just a question and this is one of the most weirdest circumstances on this website

How is it you and @gee757 were cool with each other but he was known to be the biggest Eminem hater on the Internets?

I never understood that

Gee757 has a legit reason as does Jamaica because both explained the Foolish Pride tape is the reason they dislike him

I can't argue with that at all that is fair enough i respect them actually for sticking by that principle

But long before i knew him or came here some of my friends people i grew up with are not Eminem fans their reasoning was quite simple they prefer to hear about the content Em raps about on introspective/deep songs from black rappers as they felt it is just easier for them to vibe and connect when the content of parenting, poverty, single parent house, baby mother drama, growing up in a lower class enviroment comes from a black rapper

And i fully respected that

• Micmacmar3of3m
    Micmacmar3of3m Members Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem been making weak ass ? rap for 20 years mayne ....? weak af
  • Micmacmar3of3m
    Micmacmar3of3m Members Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I never understood that

Gee757 has a legit reason as does Jamaica because both explained the Foolish Pride tape is the reason they dislike him

I can't argue with that at all that is fair enough i respect them actually for sticking by that principle

But long before i knew him or came here some of my friends people i grew up with are not Eminem fans their reasoning was quite simple they prefer to hear about the content Em raps about on introspective/deep songs from black rappers as they felt it is just easier for them to vibe and connect when the content of parenting, poverty, single parent house, baby mother drama, growing up in a lower class enviroment comes from a black rapper

How u post that n den flag Me for trolling?? Tighten up em stan
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I never understood that

Cause @gee757 is one of her personalities.

? ? , ? loving ? .

Shoot yourself ? .
  • GunTown
    Options

I never understood that

How u post that n den flag Me for trolling?? Tighten up em stan

Because u didn't give that sort of explination e.g. u prefer and connect to a black rapper rapping about those introspective/deep issues or u don't like rappers who sing or u prefer ? straight traditional rap like Nas, Jay Z, KRS One etc

So without an explination what u posted comes across as trolling