Teen Shot And Killed By Cop For Flexing Rights

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
https://youtu.be/u8mortvncDc

Eaton County, MI — It was announced this week that the officer who shot and killed 17-year-old Deven Guilford for flexing his rights this past February, will not be charged for any crimes.

Deven was traveling along the road and flashed his lights at an officer because his headlights were so bright that they nearly made Deven run off the road. He was then pulled over by Sgt. Frost of the Eaton County Sheriff’s Office, who stopped the young man for no other reason than the fact that he flashed his lights.

When Frost approached the car, Guilford explained that he was simply flashing his lights to be a polite driver, and let the officer know that his high beams were on so he didn’t cause an accident.

The officer began to get aggressive with Guilford when he was not immediately obedient and attempted to flex his rights during the traffic stop. Guilford refused to show the officer his license and registration because he had broken no laws and the officer had no reason to stop him.

Guilford also began recording the encounter with his cell phone and let the officer know that he was filming for his own safety. He then asked the officer if he was being detained and for what reason. He was told that he was being detained because he refused to comply with Frost and show him his ID. However, not showing his ID is a secondary offense, meaning the officer would actually need a real reason to pull him over to begin with.

On a power trip, Frost violently ripped Guilford out of the vehicle and forced him down to the ground. Guilford attempted to remain filming while he complied with the officer’s orders and moved to the ground. Sadly, Guilford was not moving fast enough for Frost, so he tased the young boy. At this time, both the body camera and the cell phone footage got cut off.

Off camera, Frost shot and killed the young boy. The known details are sparse because the killing happened out of the view of the dash-cam, and the body camera was turned off at that point. However, the officer claims that the young boy attacked him, so he “feared for his life” and killed him, firing 7 shots from his weapon.

After the announcement that officer Frost would not be charged, the Guilford family released the following statement:

“There was no reason or necessity for the officer to physically remove our son from the car without considering other options to avoid an unnecessary violent escalation. It must be also noted that Deven was not in possession (of) any weapon and emphatically told the officer that he was not armed. We also have serious concerns about whether the officer used unreasonable force against Deven under the circumstances.”

John Vibes is an author, researcher and investigative journalist who takes a special interest in the counter culture and the drug war. In addition to his writing and activist work he organizes a number of large events including the Free Your Mind Conference, which features top caliber speakers and whistle-blowers from all over the world. You can contact him and stay connected to his work at his Facebook page. You can find his 65 chapter Book entitled “Alchemy of the Timeless Renaissance” at bookpatch.com.

Comments

• iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Fuckkk man here we go again with this feared for my life ? ? YOU HAVE A LOADED GUN! There is history of cops filling people with led and you think someone would be okay just getting stopped for no reason? Straight up illegally stopped and pulled him out his vehicle and I hate that they can turn cameras off manually smfh.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Why flash your lights at cops though. This shouldn't have led to that kid getting murdered. But still.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Why flash your lights at cops though. This shouldn't have led to that kid getting murdered. But still.

So the ? what ? That ? is is so irrelevant it doesn't even need to be mentioned.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    On everything I'm reading some semi-? ? . Y'all mentioned ? like dude did something that warranted him gettin' killed. FOH.

Again i ask, are YOU willing to be a martyr for trigger happy police awareness. Ngga are YOU willing to die. Not now ngga right now , live on body cam. Nggas marchin at YOUR funeral. Over a ID. U ready? I'll wait

stanley-doesnt-approve_629.gif

• 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    On everything I'm reading some semi-? ? . Y'all mentioned ? like dude did something that warranted him gettin' killed. FOH.

Again i ask, are YOU willing getting a martyr for trigger happy police awareness. Ngga are YOU willing to die. Not now ngga right now , live on body cam. Nggas marchin at YOUR funeral. Over a ID. U ready? I'll wait

I flashed my lights at cops just recently because the MF was sittin on the middle of the road with their lights off. According to your logic, I'm doing something wrong... something that might warrant me getting killed.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

So the ? what ? That ? is is so irrelevant it doesn't even need to be mentioned.

The guy wasn't wrong for flashing his lights at the cop, but me being a black man and knowing how these ? are I'm not going to do it. You need to pick your battles, this could've been avoided at all levels but ultimately the cop was 100% in the wrong. As an officer he needs to be held at a higher standard than some regular citizen. He caught feelings and when he didn't get his way he abused his power. With that said, knowing how these officers are why take that chance? This situation is not worth my life.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Id rather not die for a while.

That's where im going with this whole thing.

No cop interaction for me.

I lol'd . Im sayin! Nggas will cliche you to death. Ngga im not dyin for this ? . PERIOD

'I's rather live on my feets then die---@7figz ngga ? your OWN damn self. Lls How dare you evoke that when that phrase was birthed by ACTUAL slaves who took lashes to the back and died in shackles bc they couldn't do it no more

And your version of that is not showing ID? And if i do I'M a ? ? Ngga PLEASE.

Let's do this: would you advise your teenage son or nephew to 'stand up' to cops? Again I'll wait
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a ? with their high beams on
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ? Given.
    All that ? , these cacs talk when these cops ? us, or beat up our kids.
    ? them.
    They enable these police officers to get away with murder.

The ? ? chicken came home to roost.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Again i ask, are YOU willing to be a martyr for trigger happy police awareness. Ngga are YOU willing to die. Not now ngga right now , live on body cam. Nggas marchin at YOUR funeral. Over a ID. U ready? I'll wait

Yes, you let them trample on a few rights then what's to stop them from trampling on the others?

Only reason this ? can fly is cuz the person before this let the cop get away with that ILLEGAL ? .
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not trying to be captain obvious but we all know by now a cop could shoot us for no good reason and they'll get away with it 99.9% of the time. With that said what point are you proving by arguing with a cop? Doesnt matter if you're right. You think if he decides to use your black ass as target practice and kills you your death would actually mean something? The most you'll get is a thread like this, you ain't sparking no revolution. You keyboard warriors ? me up sometimes.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess ya'll don't see it the same way I do. As soon as an officer says I'm under arrest, whether he has justification or not, I now behave like I'm under arrest. We don't talk, I want my lawyer. Pocket my phone. That's ? illegal, if he wants to arrest me for non compliance cool, but I ain't gonna let that ? slide.
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the law abiding lunch n-ggas seem to think complying with a cop results in everlasting life

whats your excuse for those in jail , dead and gone, tazed/ shot at who gave their ID or followed orders?

when clops are involved, it's a free for all - regardless of your conduct - simple

• R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like the kid got shot to death because the Sgt.'s ego got pricked. Sgt. wasn't fearful; he was annoyed that some "punk kid" defied his authority. Nice escape hatch, though.
    However, the officer claims that the young boy attacked him, so he “feared for his life” and killed him, firing 7 shots from his weapon.
  • LONDON!
    LONDON! Members Posts: 679 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    rip to that brudda, condolences to his family & ? the police
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stopped at 1 minute. People...just do what the cop tells you

Ive made this point on damn near every police thread:

WHAT IS YOUR END GAME?!?!

To 'flex' your rights? To bring light to police abuse?

Deja vu, bc I've said this exact thing 2, 3 times:

He's wrong, he gets indicted, social media erupts, but you're DEAD. Its not fukin worth it. These mfess will ? you. On the side of the road is NOT where that fight is fought

? you a ?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a ? shame...