14 y/o lies on dating profile and gets the D, judge then throws the book at 19 y/o

Options
King Ghidorah
King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
A Michigan judge lashed out against “hookup” culture as she sentenced a 19-year-old to the sex offender registry for having sex with a girl who lied about her age in an online dating profile.

Zach Anderson contacted the Niles resident, who presented herself as a 17-year-old, in December through the Facebook-hosted “Hot or Not?” app, and they met and had sex once.

However, the girl was actually 14 years old – and her mother called police out of concern that her daughter might miss a dosage of her epilepsy medication after she failed to return as quickly as expected.

That triggered an investigation, and Anderson — who lives across the state line in Elkhart, Indiana — was eventually sentenced to 90 days in the county jail, five years on probation and 25 years on Michigan’s sex offender registry after pleading guilty to criminal sexual conduct 4th degree, a high-court misdemeanor.

The girl admits she lied about her age, and she and her mother agree the encounter was consensual.

The girl’s mother asked the judge to drop the case, but Berrien County District Court Judge Dennis Wiley ignored her wishes and made an example of the computer science student.

“The Internet’s wonderful — thank you, Al Gore — but it also is a danger,” Wiley said during the April 13 sentencing hearing.

“You went online, to use a fisherman’s expression, trolling for women to meet and have sex with,” the judge continued. “That seems to be part of our culture now: meet, hook up, have sex, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/judge-rebukes-al-gores-online-hookup-culture-to-impose-harsh-sentence-on-man-duped-by-girl/

Lol @ Thank you Al Gore, that says it all. Idk, ? probably thought he was free when moms had his back, got the wrong judge

Comments

• Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? did it to himself....her profile said she was 17 he was 19.... 18 and over...bottom line..however that judge was on some troll ? with that Al Gore ? tho
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chicity wrote: »
    This judge stepping beyond her power

He should have taken it to trial instead of copping a plea.

Appeal, appeal, appeal

That's the thing with taking the plea you can't appeal that.

Very rarely does it happen but something extraordinary has to happen in order to appeal a guilty plea. I don't see it in this case.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feminist using the word patriarchy is a good drinking game. Lol
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    ? did it to himself....her profile said she was 17 he was 19.... 18 and over...bottom line..however that judge was on some troll ? with that Al Gore ? tho

She could have just lied about being 18 then, and the same thing would have happened...
    “You went online, to use a fisherman’s expression, trolling for women to meet and have sex with,” the judge continued. “That seems to be part of our culture now: meet, hook up, have sex, sayonara. Totally inappropriate behavior. There is no excuse for this whatsoever.”

This is one of the messed up things about this countries justice system, this judge clearly punished this dude because of his own moral views, and not because of what the law says. (not that I care about dude, the 19 year old played himself)

Damn you right...forgot that ? was in Michigan...I'm thinkin California age where consent is 18...but this net ? is still a trip tho....people more concerned with catfish ing than the actual smash
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Oh but we live in such a Patriarchal society where only women get punished for having sex.

It's a reach to apply that argument to a case involving a 14 year old.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude pled guilty so he can't even appeal. Smh
  • Dirty McGirty
    Dirty McGirty Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Options
    This is fuckery of the highest order., she lied about her age and the guy gets jail time for dicking her down.

I bet the girl looks about 40 aswell, wearing makeup and ? boots. Back when I was growing up I coulda spotted the teenage ? from a mile away by her playful manner and dungarees smh
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? McGirty wrote: »
    This is fuckery of the highest order., she lied about her age and the guy gets jail time for dicking her down.

I bet the girl looks about 40 aswell, wearing makeup and ? boots. Back when I was growing up I coulda spotted the teenage ? from a mile away by her playful manner and dungarees smh

If we're being honest, I don't really think it's that much different now. Maybe it's just me, but it's VERY easy to tell a 14 year old from a 17 year old. And to be honest, with the world the day it is, if I'm 19 and Im about to smash a chick who say she 17...I need some proof.
  • Dirty McGirty
    Dirty McGirty Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

If we're being honest, I don't really think it's that much different now. Maybe it's just me, but it's VERY easy to tell a 14 year old from a 17 year old. And to be honest, with the world the day it is, if I'm 19 and Im about to smash a chick who say she 17...I need some proof.

Cosign on getting the proof... all the girls I mess with got to have a active passport with their picture, real birth certificate and no Justin bieber posters in their room
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Cosign on getting the proof... all the girls I mess with got to have a active passport with their picture, real birth certificate and no Justin bieber posters in their room

*daps* Myyyyy ? .
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the legal age of consent in indiana is 16
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My niece did some ? like this last year. My sister went through the facebook seen the ? and calked the police on some poor kid getting catfished. Luckily the police didn't press charges or anything since they never met up. I went off on my sister when I found out. How is some kids life being turned upside down because your daughter wants to act like a little thot on the net. Hate that thought process.

Thot process...lol...what you expect
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Going on the computer to meet women you cant even see in person? They could be anybody. You asking for trouble.