Official 2015 NBA OFFSEASON thread

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jennings balled out but Knicks don't want to go that route, my trade allows them to bring in a top 10 pg, shed Calderon's salary and get multiple picks like Phil has said he wanted

Its not football draft picks dont amount to much the nba they all are still huge gambles

In football you draft a ? you know what hes gona give to your team automaticly and more than likely hes going to be a good contributing player
    Maybe even a star and thats a late pick

Ill take a young proven player over some picks in the nba, basketball players have a fragile ass mentality

Its a huge gamble imo

Jennings on the low looking better than all their current pg options

I still like mudiay tho

I guess you missed Lawson would be involved in the deal
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jennings balled out but Knicks don't want to go that route, my trade allows them to bring in a top 10 pg, shed Calderon's salary and get multiple picks like Phil has said he wanted

Its not football draft picks dont amount to much the nba they all are still huge gambles

In football you draft a ? you know what hes gona give to your team automaticly and more than likely hes going to be a good contributing player
    Maybe even a star and thats a late pick

Ill take a young proven player over some picks in the nba, basketball players have a fragile ass mentality

Its a huge gamble imo

Jennings on the low looking better than all their current pg options

I still like mudiay tho

I guess you missed Lawson would be involved in the deal

Whoopty doo
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    You act like ty aint avg 15 and 8 also we dont know what none of these mid pack pgs will do with a better team

Like i said before picks in the nba are always extremely random in value

Getting more picks dont = ?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Yea Jennings and Melo that's not a disaster waiting to happen...only in NY
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Detroit is willing to move him for a mediocre player and would rather move forward with Reggie Jackson over him...but he's supposed to solve NY's problem at point?
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Wasn't it just a couple years ago Jennings almost didn't even get a contract offer? Then got lucky Joe Dumars was still in the front office?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Options
    Detroit is willing to move him for a mediocre player and would rather move forward with Reggie Jackson over him...but he's supposed to solve NY's problem at point?

Thats idiot move on there part in no wat did jackson play better than jennings as his stint as starting pg
  • matt2
    matt2 Members Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    44Since88 wrote: »
    Charlotte to host 2017 all star game

5fGVw.gif
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    They're doing this because NY doesn't have the patience for a long rebuild. The media and fans will begin to get testy. I don't think they should bring Jennings or Lawson. Build through the draft.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    They're doing this because NY doesn't have the patience for a long rebuild. The media and fans will begin to get testy. I don't think they should bring Jennings or Lawson. Build through the draft.

I'd agree but then signing Melo to that contract would make 0 sense
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Report: Mark Jackson tried to poison Warriors against Festus Ezeli

Mark Jackson took an us-against-the-world approach while coaching the Warriors.

That’s hardly unusual.

What set Jackson apart is how extremely he took the strategy. Often, it seemed Golden State’s own management was the “world” and only Jackson and the players were the “us.”

But maybe it was even MORE outrageous, to the point an injured Festus Ezeli became the “them.”

Zach Lowe of ESPN:

When Ezeli was injured last season, Jackson and his staff told the healthy players that Ezeli was cheering against them — so that he would look good, according to several team sources. Players confronted Ezeli in a meeting, and he wept at the accusation — which he denied.

I suppose it’s possible Ezeli actually cheered against his own team. But given what we know about him and Jackson, I doubt it.

More likely, this was just a cheap motivational trick on Jackson’s part – which is a shame.

It puts Ezeli in an impossibly unfair spot. Jackson is too good a motivator to resort to garbage like that, but sometimes his paranoia takes over.

Jackson doesn’t get enough credit for improving the Warriors’ defense. He probably wouldn’t have led them to a championship like Steve Kerr did, but Jackson put them on the right track.

However, there were too many unnecessary problems in Golden State of Jackson’s own creation. Even though he can do good things as a coach, that’s going to make other teams be wary of hiring him.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm blowing up Pat's crib with pressure cooker bombs if that ? ? do that ?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Don't get mad at pat,Your boy D washed tryna strong arm ? so now cap casualties might have to happen.It's all apart of the game.
  • Beta
    Options

Don't get mad at pat,Your boy D washed tryna strong arm ? so now cap casualties might have to happen.It's all apart of the game.

Ima sit on it until wade meets heat brass later on this week or next. Smh
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knicks need to stay away from Jennings and Lawson.. Period...
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ima sit on it until wade meets heat brass later on this week or next. Smh

Both of them ? are getting paid more than their worth anyway.. In part because Wade took a paycut to play in Miami.. That big money they gave Bosh didn't help either..
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

I'd agree but then signing Melo to that contract would make 0 sense

They should trade him for assets and draft picks. They signed him when they thought they were going to be competitive. But things have now changed, they need a thorough rebuild.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anthony Bennett the WOAT on the trade block again lls
  • Beta
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Anthony Bennett the WOAT on the trade block again lls

Lol hey he can still get right

Send his ass to the nets since they probably can't resign thaddeus young
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBA talk
    PHIL JACKSON SPEAKS, ON LEBRON AND THE NBA IN GENERAL

This excerpt is coming from an interview he did with Howard Beck of Bleacher Report:

“I watch LeBron James, for example,” he said. “He might [travel] every other time he catches the basketball if he’s off the ball. He catches the ball, moves both his feet. You see it happen all the time. There’s no structure, there’s no discipline, there’s no ‘How do we play this game’ type of attitude. And it goes all the way through the game. To the point where now guys don’t screen—they push guys off with their hands.”

He concluded: “It struck me: How can we get so far away from the real truth of what we’re trying to do? And if you give people structure, just like a jazz musician—he’s gotta learn melody, and he’s gotta learn the basic parts of music—and then he can learn how to improvise. And that’s basically what team play is all about.”

The agitation in Jackson’s voice is evident.

“The game actually has some beauty to it, and we’ve kind of taken some of that out of it to make it individualized,” Jackson said. “It’s a lot of who we are as a country, individualized stuff.”

Indeed, Jackson seems much less concerned with validating the triangle than with the state of the game itself.

“When I watch some of these playoff games, and I look at what’s being run out there, as what people call an offense, it’s really quite remarkable to see how far our game has fallen from a team game,” Jackson said. “Four guys stand around watching one guy dribble a basketball.”

He....kinda has a point lol.

Buuuut we just saw San Antonio destroy Miami, and GS essentially destroy Cleveland with wide open team play

So Cleveland is really the only mfers doin this. And its all bc Bron is uncoachable. Lol

BUT he is good enough to win like that. As was Mike

So Phil aint foolin me, his 'offense' didnt win those titles, the best players did. Ie if Mike gets doubled and kicks to an open Kerr, that doesn't make it an "offense" or team ball lol Its still scoring based essentially off "1 on 1" play. Team ball is SA and Atlanta. On 1 hand SA worked, on the other Atlanta clearly aint winning a title no mater how much they share