David Banner: We're Breeding A Generation Of Spineless Zombies

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good interview what David banner talking about hip hop as a culture is completely true,it's really is the last genre of music we really have as a people and that too will get taken eventually .
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. its no coincidence that Joell works for Eminem... they all ? over there
    2. Banner was on point
    3. Vlad is a ?

But Slaughterhouse :(
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    I can't watch the video right now but I will say in young people's defense when there is a protest it's young ppl putting their lives in the line. It was Young ppl in Ferguson. And young ppl in Baltimore.

It is a young prosecutor who had the ? to indict those cops.

Usually it's older blacks ? on the youth and making excuses for whites.

well... he's kind of blaming the older generation for indoctrinating the youth with softness.
    i agree with your sentiments tho.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David Banner is top 5 realest in rap
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at watching vladtv
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    Agree with pretty much everything he said, including not really wanting to comment on Ortiz' opinion on it because he's entitled to that and he can't really hate on it because he doesn't know what his experiences are. Lot of ? on here need to think on that.

Just because a ? disagree with you don't mean he's wrong or stupid. Just means he sees things different based on his experiences.

Word to Banner.

you're right, but Ortiz is clearly a ? .
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn Banner dropped some major heat on there. I respect that brother.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its refreshing to see an artist, no man believe that change had to start within first before he could affect change outward.

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. its no coincidence that Joell works for Eminem... they all ? over there
    2. Banner was on point
    3. Vlad is a ?

Joell Ortiz ain't even blk... tho Fat Joe was on that same ? .
    these messicans tryna dictate what goes on in niggerdom.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    The last of the rap game died with pac. After the war a deliberate and conscious decision was made to push soft corny crossover records with little to no substance. Who took over the rap game immediately following the death of pac and big? ? Z and puffy. The jiggy shiny suit era took off and it was a wrap after that. If u couldnt rap about ur clothes or ur cars like puff, jigga and cash money did, or selling dope like jeezy or about nothing at all like nelly and mase u couldnt get on. By the end of the 90s if u werent talking about money hoes dope and clothes u couldnt get a deal and if u did u couldn't get any spins.

Then m&m tapped into his ready made white audience and negroes began auctioning off their testicles chasing that crossover m&m success that they couldn't possibly duplicate. Negroes started skate boarding and taking mushrooms and pills, wearing ? ass skinny jeans and doing any and everything they could do to appease the white crossover pop audience.

Banner is right about this generation of rappers being spineless zombies. We have raised an entire generation of "rappers" who wouldnt know chuck d from chuck nice, or paris from the city of paris, or the goodie mob cee lo from the voice cee lo. The game has been dead and is nothing but a rotten stinking corspe right now. ? the rap game
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    skpjr78 wrote: »
    The last of the rap game died with pac. After the war a deliberate and conscious decision was made to push soft corny crossover records with little to no substance. Who took over the rap game immediately following the death of pac and big? ? Z and puffy. The jiggy shiny suit era took off and it was a wrap after that. If u couldnt rap about ur clothes or ur cars like puff, jigga and cash money did, or selling dope like jeezy or about nothing at all like nelly and mase u couldnt get on. By the end of the 90s if u werent talking about money hoes dope and clothes u couldnt get a deal and if u did u couldn't get any spins.

Then m&m tapped into his ready made white audience and negroes began auctioning off their testicles chasing that crossover m&m success that they couldn't possibly duplicate. Negroes started skate boarding and taking mushrooms and pills, wearing ? ass skinny jeans and doing any and everything they could do to appease the white crossover pop audience. We have raised an entire generation of "rappers" who wouldnt know chuck d from chuck nice, or paris from the city of paris, or the goodie mob cee lo from the voice cee lo. The game has been dead and is nothing but a rotten stinking corspe right now. ? the rap game

Then came Kendrick Lamar... J.Cole. Wale.....
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Then m&m tapped into his ready made white audience and negroes began auctioning off their testicles chasing that crossover m&m success that they couldn't possibly duplicate. Negroes started skate boarding and taking mushrooms and pills, wearing ? ass skinny jeans and doing any and everything they could do to appease the white crossover pop audience. We have raised an entire generation of "rappers" who wouldnt know chuck d from chuck nice, or paris from the city of paris, or the goodie mob cee lo from the voice cee lo. The game has been dead and is nothing but a rotten stinking corspe right now. ? the rap game

hopefully they can change the game. as of now they havent sparked my interest enough to get back in the game. my stomach was so turned by the late 2000s that i was done. when lil' wayne started rapping about beating up the ? like emitt till and ? z started apologizing for racial profiling i was totally done. maybe and hopefully these guys can right the ship and get me back on board.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Banner is a ? ...

He was on point about being a visionary is a gift and a curse

Sometimes you stuck going down that rabbit hole all by your lonely..

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

hopefully they can change the game. as of now they havent sparked my interest enough to get back in the game. my stomach was so turned by the late 2000s that i was done. when lil' wayne started rapping about beating up the ? like emitt till and ? z started apologizing for racial profiling i was totally done. maybe and hopefully these guys can right the ship and get me back on board.

I don't think Wale will be on board like that, despite some of his earlier works suggesting otherwise. He's too self conscious and sensitive to what others say about him. To be a person that sparks change, you hafta know you're gonna ruffle some feathers, hence, having thick skin.

J.Cole? Eh. Maybe. I don't think the machine behind him will allow him to go too close to the edge.

I think Kendrick's latest album might be the closest thing we get in the mainstream rap scene, and that's a shame considering how vanilla it is compared to stuff like Fear of a Black Planet and It Takes a Nation... I do enjoy the album quite a bit, but we need more -- especially in this climate.

Your more conscious rappers have tried to do and say ? , but they either get brushed to the side, or criticized for being "preachy, boring, rappity rap" yada, yada...

As much as we say we appreciate artists like Banner, if he drops a solid album that is talkin bout some real ? will the masses support it? ? no. Killer Mike dropped R.A.P and no one outside of the Internet knows about it.

The culture is doomed.

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kendrick is on his thinly veiled "What About Black on BLack Crime?" ? ? though...

So we can go ahead and leave him out of it.