Options

Comments

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Initially I thought Garcia vs Paulie was ? . It may still be to a degree just because how helpless Paulie looked against Porter he took some serious damage.

But trying to be objective about it Danny needs to feel himself at 147 first to see how he performs and feels over at that weight.

My only thing Paulie isn't a big welterweight and if you gonna step up to 147 you gonna have to be able to deal with big welters like Porter, Maidana, Thurman, Brook etc. These are big welterweights with skills. So fighting Paulie is not gonna prep him for those kind of fights.

• perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Timothy Bradley-

Junior Witter
    Edner Cherry
    Kendall Holt
    Nate Campbell
    Lamont Peterson
    Luis Carlos Abregu
    Devon Alexander
    Joel Casamayor
    Manny Pacquiao (2, W,L)
    Ruslan Provodnikov
    Juan Manuel Marquez
    Diego Chavez

Amir Khan-

Marco Antonio Barrera
    Andriy Kotelnik
    Paulie Malignaggi
    Marcos Maidana
    Zab Judah
    Lamont Peterson (L)
    Danny Garcia (L)
    Devon Alexander

Danny Garcia-

Nate Campbell
    Kendall Holt
    Erik Morales (2)
    Amir Khan
    Zab Judah
    Lucas Matthysse
    Lamont Peterson

Yeah, I'll take Bradley's resume over Khan's and Garcia's. Let's also not forget that Bradley's resume would look even better if he had access to fight Al Haymon fighters. Being with Top Rank really limits him. His best days are behind him though, imo, even though he still top 10.

We were talking about resumes at 140 soooo...

Timothy Bradley-

Junior Witter
    Edner Cherry
    Kendall Holt
    Nate Campbell
    Lamont Peterson
    Devon Alexander
    Joel Casamayor

None of those 140 pounders ? with maidana or mattysse at 140
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bradley a hall of famer
  • perspective@100
    perspective@100 Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? all you ? Tim Is dumpster juice!
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    Initially I thought Garcia vs Paulie was ? . It may still be to a degree just because how helpless Paulie looked against Porter he took some serious damage.

But trying to be objective about it Danny needs to feel himself at 147 first to see how he performs and feels over at that weight.

My only thing Paulie isn't a big welterweight and if you gonna step up to 147 you gonna have to be able to deal with big welters like Porter, Maidana, Thurman, Brook etc. These are big welterweights with skills. So fighting Paulie is not gonna prep him for those kind of fights.

First off Paulie has more "skill" than most of the names you named.

Secondly Garcia doesn't have that dog in him. He's not going to maul anyone. And he's not very good against skillful tacticians.

I think Paulie will give Garcia more than he wants but in the end Paulie lack of power will do him in. I got Garcia winning but not by much.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bradley vs. Khan would still be interesting.
  • mdot
    Options
    I'm a big Bradley fan puts in work and is honest in his interviews for the most part. Comes to fight nothing is easy for him too because as you can see he has no power.

• Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see jcc.Jr will be back next month ...I know he wanna be his own man and all but he should took his dad advice when he said not to take the fonfara fight coming back from a layoff ..
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a fan I'm happy he did tho lol
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mastery
    Options
    mdot wrote: »

? I said the same ? before you... which means you LATE DENA ? !!! Lol
    ? both they resumes I just wanna top fighters fight other top fighters
    I just posted they resumes

@Vader_F_Kennedy

What u think khan should do if he dont get Floyd? .and what u think of danny fighting Paulie? Good fight or bs
    Thurman, Brook, Porter, Maidana, Guerrero... he can fight any of those guys, but based on his matchups these past few years, he will avoid all of them.

I think Garcia fighting Malignaggi is ok. I think Paulie has the tools to outbox Garcia. I just don't know how much Paulie has left in the tank man, especially after that ass whoopin' Porter gave him. Garcia is opting for a non puncher in his debut at welterweight, which tells me they wanna test ? out before jumping right in, like Broner did when he went to welterweight.
  • Mastery
    Options
    @aneed123 @mdot What you ? think about Bradley vs Brook? I think that'd be a good one, although Brook wins, imo.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @aneed123 @mdot What you ? think about Bradley vs Brook? I think that'd be a good one, although Brook wins, imo.

Pickem fight. If Bradley rush in wild like he did vs Vargas brook will sleep him
  • Mastery
    Options
    http://www.boxingnews24.com/2015/06/roach-cotto-canelo-will-take-place-in-november/

Looks like Cotto vs Canelo will take place in November with Vegas the likely destination.
  • mdot
    Options
    Damm that's tough one Brook gonna have the height advantage. I would favor Brook right now to be honest.

But I think it would be a hell of a fight. Because Bradley can swarm like Porter did but be more effective on the inside placing his shots better.

It will turn rugged too because Bradley will adapt once he figures he can't box brook from the outside he will close the distance.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who would win between mayweather vs bradley?
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Bradley would pressure Mayweather all night but Mayweather easily out points him. He's too wild.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bradley is a ? idiot!! Bradley went for the ice cream and changed his whole boxing style cause its now cool to ? on boxers who don't get KO's or press for the KO. This ? says he trains to get more power on his punches yet he still gets no KOs.

I say he is a idiot cause he did all that to gain more fans and this ? didn't gain more fans, didn't get any KOs, didn't get any bigger money fights and to top it all off takes way more punishment that he has to.

No way the Bradley who used to just box but still have the same will to win would've taken the punishment he took from Provo or had his face look like that after fighting ? Jessie Vargas.

Bradley style changed and the punishment he has taken from changing took some years off this ? career and for what is my question
  • mdot
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Mayweather wins. But I think Bradley makes him work. Because he will press and get close to him but Mayweather accuracy will be the difference.

Still would want to see it. I would like Bradley to get that payday too.
  • Mastery
    Options
    http://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/amir-khan-says-floyd-mayweather-is-messing-up-his-own-legacy/43016

So Khan think Mayweather is messing up his own legacy if he decides not to fight Khan. This guy is a ? joke haha
  • mdot
    Options
    Alexander vs Diego Chaves is rumored.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/oscar-de-la-hoya-i-decided-stay-retired--92926
    Oscar de la hoya I have decided to stay retired

By Jake Donovan

For the second time in as many months, Oscar de la Hoya has decided against a comeback in the ring. 

The Hall-of-Fame fighter who claimed titles in six weight classes has hinted in recent months of an overwhelming desire to once again lace ‘em up, even at age 42 and well over six years since being pummeled into retirement by Manny Pacquiao. It wouldn’t just be any comeback, as de la Hoya has attempted to float his name in such fights as a rematch with reigning pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. and unbeaten knockout artist Gennady Golovkin, a near-universal pick these days as the best middleweight on the planet. 

The latter fight would have served, perhaps, as a consolation prize for Golovkin not landing bouts with current Golden Boy Promotions middleweights David Lemieux and—in a catchweight sense—Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez. As suspected by most, the fight won’t happen at all, nor likely will any attempt by the famed fighter-turned-promoter to add to his incredible in-ring résumé. 

“Over the last six months I've had a front row seat as Golden Boy fighters including Canelo Alvarez, Bernard Hopkins, Lucas Matthysse, Jorge Linares and David Lemieux have stepped into the ring and shown what boxing should be all about -- a commitment to fight the best, to respect the sport and to put the fans first,” de la Hoya said through his verified social media account. “As a professional athlete and someone who has spent almost his entire life in boxing, not a day goes by when I don't think about coming back — and the performances of these Golden Boy fighter has only added to my desire to return to the ring.

“But I am retired, and after speaking to my family and following a great deal of introspection, I have decided to stay retired. However, I do so with knowledge that many fighters today still pride themselves on the same principals that I adhered to throughout my career. It is now through boxers like those I mentioned and dozens of other Golden Boy Promotions fighters that those values live on.”

The thought of a comeback was first floated by de la Hoya upon the revelation of Mayweather’s plans to return to the ring on September 12, in what he insists will serve as the final fight of his career. Their May ’07 head-to-head clash established several industry revenue records at the time. Mayweather claimed a 12-round decision in an event that helped launch his career to new heights, having since established himself as the sport’s biggest draw, a role previously enjoyed by de la Hoya until his retirement following a one-sided stoppage loss to Pacquiao in Dec. ’08. 

His incredible career was properly reflected in his Hall of Fame enshrinement, gaining entrance in his first year of eligibility. 

At times, it still doesn't serve as enough; de la Hoya expressed interest in attempting to settle an eight-year score with Mayweather. The two have remained bitter rivals, even with Golden Boy Promotions serving as the lead promoter for ten straight fights, from the May '07 event to Mayweather's rematch win over Marcos Maidana last September.

The rematch with Maidana carried Golden Boy's involvement really only by name, as Mayweather Promotions was "forced" to take the lead in the actual promotion of the event. By that point, Golden Boy was still in the process of overcoming an implosion , which began with the forced resignation of longtime CEO Richard Schaefer.

By year's end, Golden Boy would break away altogether from powerful boxing adviser Al Haymon, with whom Golden Boy was aligned for the past several years.

As de la Hoya resumed full control of the company he founded well over a decade ago, so too came reformed relationships with past allies. As the bulk of Golden Boy’s stable was brought over to Showtime by 2012, de la Hoya has returned his biggest stars—including Hopkins, Alvarez and Matthysse—“back home” to HBO. Alvarez’ recent three-round destruction of James Kirkland did monster numbers at the box office and on the tube, with more than 30,000 in attendance and over 2.1 million viewers tuning in on HBO, the most-watched premium cable fight in more than nine years. 

HBO will continue to play an integral part in the reformation of Golden Boy Promotions. As a long-time deal with Fox Sports will now come to close by the end of this week, Golden Boy will begin to feed mid-level shows to HBO Latino. The California-based company is also hard at work in finalizing terms for a mouthwatering showdown between Alvarez and reigning World middleweight champion Miguel Cotto.

All told, there is plenty of big business that lies ahead for Golden Boy—all of which will command the undivided attention of its president and founder.

“To the many thousands of fans who over the last couple of weeks encouraged me to come out of retirement and fight again, I thank you. You can rest assured that I will spend the rest of my days around this wonderful sport, even though those days won't be spent inside the ropes.”

• Mastery
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/tim-bradley-on-keith-thurman-i-back-down--92922

Arum looking to put Bradley in with Sadam Ali next, as ordered by the WBO.
  • Mastery
    Options
    I'll say it again... Oscar a ? .