Official 2015 NBA OFFSEASON thread

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Getting rid of Joe & that contract (this is his last year) don't mean ? when you bout to max out Lopez and give Young a chunk of bread as well. Hustling backwards this team stuck unless we can rid ourselves of D-Washed II's contract as well

Lopez deserves to be paid. Legitimate 7 footers with his skillset and ability just don't grow on trees. And if you're not going to pay your best player then who are you going to pay? If we want to be competitive this year then it hinges on resigning Lopez. Joe is a good complimentary piece to have around, just don't rely on him to do more than he's physically capable to. I'd love to move Deron but unfortunately his contract is awful and no one wants to be stuck with it.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Aldridge 2nd tier? Its close I would put him at 1st tier though, he's really good

Top tier to me is Bron, Curry, Durant, Harden and AD ? that single handedly make a team a championship contender.

Aldridge is cold but he just don't give me that same feel.

lol wut? none of the ? listed were contenders solo.
    bron needed wade bosh love and irving to contend (obviously not all at once), curry needed thompson, durant needs westbrook or its 1st round exits, harden has dwight, and AD actually got bumped 1st round
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Aldridge 2nd tier? Its close I would put him at 1st tier though, he's really good

Top tier to me is Bron, Curry, Durant, Harden and AD ? that single handedly make a team a championship contender.

Aldridge is cold but he just don't give me that same feel.

lol wut? none of the ? listed were contenders solo.
    bron needed wade bosh love and irving to contend (obviously not all at once), curry needed thompson, durant needs westbrook or its 1st round exits, harden has dwight, and AD actually got bumped 1st round

Lmaooooo
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Brodie who do you consider top tier
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    Getting rid of Joe & that contract (this is his last year) don't mean ? when you bout to max out Lopez and give Young a chunk of bread as well. Hustling backwards this team stuck unless we can rid ourselves of D-Washed II's contract as well

Lopez deserves to be paid. Legitimate 7 footers with his skillset and ability just don't grow on trees. And if you're not going to pay your best player then who are you going to pay? If we want to be competitive this year then it hinges on resigning Lopez. Joe is a good complimentary piece to have around, just don't rely on him to do more than he's physically capable to. I'd love to move Deron but unfortunately his contract is awful and no one wants to be stuck with it.

Joe is not a good complimentary piece so I disagree. At least not on THIS team. He's a 3rd option at this stage and if Brook is our best player we won't make it far. Brook shouldn't be your #1. He's a good 2nd option on a team who had a sure bet #1 which we don't have. I digress, we maxing him out to ultimately be 6-7 seeds in the East. that's just a tough reality for me personally.
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't sign lopez. he's about to be 28 slow as hell cant play defense and already has an history of feet problems.

nets should let him walk and rebuild. you resign him your gonna possibly have another d-will situation with a player with a terrible contract and continue to be stuck in mediocrity
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol bron curry durant and harden arent top tier players? Ima let him explain before i copy and paste
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hope this true and he accepts but I take Broussard's sources with a grain of salt
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL, Broussard tryna regain some clout since ESPN demoted him to sideline reporter, he tryna break some news since Stephen A on vacation

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hope this true and he accepts but I take Broussard's sources with a grain of salt

Didnt kno we had a meeting set up wit him til a few hours ago, him resigning wit the bulls was a forgone conclusion
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

Joe is not a good complimentary piece so I disagree. At least not on THIS team. He's a 3rd option at this stage and if Brook is our best player we won't make it far. Brook shouldn't be your #1. He's a good 2nd option on a team who had a sure bet #1 which we don't have. I digress, we maxing him out to ultimately be 6-7 seeds in the East. that's just a tough reality for me personally.

At best Joe is a 3rd option which on this team he is fine in that role. We just need a guy that can provide perimeter scoring and another ball handler. At this point Brook IS our best player. I don't see a reason why we can't be a complete team with multiple players bringing something to the table. The only concern is injury which I understand but with his skillset I'd take the risk and it isn't like players have never recovered from foot injuries to have productive careers.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    I wouldn't sign lopez. he's about to be 28 slow as hell cant play defense and already has an history of feet problems.

nets should let him walk and rebuild. you resign him your gonna possibly have another d-will situation with a player with a terrible contract and continue to be stuck in mediocrity

Problem with that is their pick situation.

Next year's to Bos

2017 is a swap so if they suck and get a top 5 pick Boston would just swap.

2018 to Boston again

So if they bottom out they won't see the fruits of it until 2019.

Unless both them and Boston are bad in 2017 but doubt Bos will be bad, popcorn contenders yeah but not bad.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like Butler and hope the Bulls retain him but dude is more of a second or third option on title contending squad probably the latter.

Don't blame Jimmy though when you got cats like Tobias Harris trying to get paid.

Remember watching both guys when they were at Marquette never thought they would be anywhere elite wing players in the league it's a testiment to hard work and putting in time in the off season.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So if wade leaves we looking at

Dragic
    ellis
    deng
    bosh
    whiteside

With Winslow, mcroberts, Napier, and etc coming off the bench

Well at least heat fans could relish in the hero ball being gone

• IceBergTaylor
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Dragic
    ellis
    deng
    bosh
    whiteside

Ellis???
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dragic
    ellis
    deng
    bosh
    whiteside

Ellis???

They saying he's plan B if Wade walks
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Assuming its the max, will Butler live up to this contract?
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe Ellis should be plan A
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i just dont see wade leaving miami for two reasons

1. hes that city biggest icon since marino

and

2. they just lost lebron last year
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brodie who do you consider top tier

maybe you guys are confused by the words written. the person i quoted said some dumb ? .
    lebron, durant, curry, harden and AD are all top tier talent, but none of those ? alone can be put on a team and make them automatic contenders.
    you can put them with at least 1 or 2 b level and they will be contenders though.
    ya'll ? need reading comprehension
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dragic
    ellis
    deng
    bosh
    whiteside

Honestly i hope wade walks so we can get Ellis.
  • Beta
    Options
    ? _Caesar wrote: »

Dragic
    ellis
    deng
    bosh
    whiteside

Honestly i hope wade walks so we can get Ellis.

It helps the spacing issue also and it's a player who won't miss games

But the conflicting thing is with a huge number of heat fans is that we love that wade and want him to never leave
  • Beta
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Assuming its the max, will Butler live up to this contract?

Do they ever? Lol