KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh we ? suck

We anit getting nobody
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mike bresnahan

Kobe spoke for about three minutes in the presentation, said he envisioned LaMarcus Aldridge working with him the same way Pau Gasol did.

So this possibly turned him off. Kobe catching heat once again lol.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get some role players and let the young 3 (Russ, JC and Julius) rise organically.

Either they're gonna prove their worth or not. I rather that than get cats that can stifle that type of development. Sink or swim.
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    We should try to get toabis and monroe, but still we anit gonna do shot this year
  • BDBIID
    Options
    Tobias cool I can dig that.

I'm not high on Monroe though. I'll rather a defensive center.

If we got him ehh wouldn't be mad but don't want him either.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who keeps letting Kobe speak at these things?
  • killap
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    I had hopes for that dude and he turned out to be something like a ? . I feel like he has the tools but just doesn't know how to use them.

Sorry Bro......

sacrebleu.gif

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not upset about "missing out" on Aldridge. I didn't see him being the next cornerstone in Lakerdom. I'm with BDBIID, let the youngsters grow together and see what they can become. Just signing LA wasn't putting the Lakers in the championship hunt anyway.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    I didn't realize LA will be 30 in a couple weeks. Yeah, I'm not upset at all.
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Get some role players and let the young 3 (Russ, JC and Julius) rise organically.

Either they're gonna prove their worth or not. I rather that than get cats that can stifle that type of development. Sink or swim.

IDK man, I would just like the Lakers to sign someone that isn't a scrub. It seems like no one wants to play here. Maybe after Kobe retires we might see some action in free agency.
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I starting to believe the Lakers Front Office mentality is stuck in the 90's somewhere they need 2 get put up on game
  • BDBIID
    Options
    While the team is transitioning I wouldn't mind if Mitch started preparing Ryan West to take over.

He's essentially the GM in waiting already but it might be about that time. Just seems like perfect timing to start. The Kings and another team reached out to him for their GM jobs this year and he declined. That won't keep happening moving forward.

And to those not familiar with Ryan, he's Jerry son and was the catalyst banging the table for us to get Clarkson in the 2014 draft.

There was a Backstage Lakers episode centered on him last year. I'll drop the link to it when I find it.
  • killap
    Options
    We have another meeting with LA...I'm ok with it if we do get him but he's 30, not willing to play center, never been to conf finals, meh...
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sucks even the decent players are coming off the board.
  • killap
    Options
    We missed out on the Robin Lopez sweepstakes... YES!!!!!!!

I don't think we are going to get DJ or LA, I think we have a decent chance at Tobias Harris, also we can look at Kosta Koufos on a one year deal are roster would look something like this

Koufos/Sacre
    Randle/Nance/Black/Kelly
    Harris/Young/ A Brown
    Bryant/ J Brown
    Russell/Clarkson

I can see us picking up another guard for depth, as Young and Clarkson would spell Bryant... I am afraid this will be as good as it gets before the season starts. In season, I expect us to do be competitive barring injury and hopefully pull off something around the all star break to make us a playoff team
  • yung$
    yung$ Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why not make a trade for Hibbert, we really need defense and rebounding at the center. He had something to prove and is a one year rental contract expires next year.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HE SUCKS but has some use..id take him for a year. we need shooters!
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Playoffs is not realistic. Okc, NO, Pho and Mavs are better. Best bet is to develop the youngins as best u can with Kobe lol. We need to stop trying to manufacture a winning team chasing top players who don't wanna be here and let it grow naturally. Then add a few necessary pieces when the time come.
  • killap
    Options
    Hibbert would be cool, for the right price
  • mdot
    Options
    This is gonna be another long season just what it is anything over 30 wins means that our young pieces have a future in this league.

It's a process I would like to see us possibly take a salary dump for someone and get a 1st rounder back.
  • T.Vick04
    T.Vick04 Members Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah some flexability to move up in the draft if needed would be nice.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    community.allhiphop.com/discussion/460707/official-2014-2015-los-angeles-lakers-thread#latest

EL SEGUNDO – The Los Angeles Lakers announced today their roster for the 2015 Samsung NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. The Summer League entry is highlighted by returning Lakers Julius Randle, 2015 NBA All-Rookie First Team member Jordan Clarkson, Tarik Black and Jabari Brown along with 2015 NBA Draft selections D’Angelo Russell (second overall), Larry Nance Jr. (27th overall) and Anthony Brown (34th overall). Dwight Buycks, who was signed by Los Angeles to a 10-day contract in April of last season, and undrafted rookie Robert Upshaw are also part of the squad.
  • mdot
    Options
    I'm excited for summer league not gonna lie. We got a good summer league squad I think we can win the SL chip.
  • KamPushMe
    Options
    So ya giving up already?
  • Jonah 2.0
    Options
    I might actually try to catch all their SL games this year. Can't remember a time where I even attempted such a thing.
This discussion has been closed.