? Babies: Should Parents have the option to euthanize em?

Options

Comments

• phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's plenty of population control going on Already....

So true tho. But that's neither here nor there.

But we're making them suffer for absolutely no reason. Nobody wins here except the CNA who makes $9 an hour. And that's definitely not winning either
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Why would you want to live like that? That's cruel as ?
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^
    You do have a point, but doesnt this choice already exist; can't they determine the child's mental state before the legalized abortion cut off periOd (if does that sense?).
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does that make sense???*****
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    gns wrote: »
    Some people like taking care of mentally deficient kids in need

No they don't. They do it for the money.

No one actually wants to take care of a ? person for the rest of their life. Stop it Bruh

You're speaking on how you feel, not how they feel.

And regarding the quality of life for the developmentally disabled, how would you know how a person in that position views their quality of life? That person is not you, so keep the ego and what you deem an acceptable standard out of the conversation.

Aborting a fetus before it is a sentient being with a life of it's own is far different than exterminating people who you deem defective.

You know who else did what you're talking about? ? . Now shut the ? up.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    ^^^
    You do have a point, but doesnt this choice already exist; can't they determine the child's mental state before the legalized abortion cut off periOd (if does that sense?).

I'm not sure about that. Alotta people always don't have the funds to access certain medical procedures anyway.... well, up until Obamacare
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »

No one actually wants to take care of a ? person for the rest of their life. Stop it Bruh

And regarding the quality of life for the developmentally disabled, how would you know how a person in that position views their quality of life? That person is not you, so keep the ego and what you deem an acceptable standard out of the conversation.

Aborting a fetus before it is a sentient being with a life of it's own is far different than exterminating people who you deem defective.

But you're speaking from Emotion and not Logic.

I highly doubt that there's ever been a single ? person who wants to live their life in their condition. Especially if they're capable of being conscious of the world around them (like a natural born Steven Hawking or something).
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Couldn't be me. I'd leave that ? outside and let nature run its course.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    All of them look happy...let em live bro

Their faces are stuck that way :(
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Couldn't be me. I'd leave that ? outside and let nature run its course.

But I'm supposed to be the inhumane one smh.

But I don't fault you tho. Most of Society feels that way and alotta people actually go thru with doing that to some type of degree
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    All of them look happy...let em live bro

Their faces are stuck that way.

I swear this ? is worse than me.
  • phukkyou2
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just think of all of the money and time that could be saved and all of the pain that would go away.

Nobody is really winning by keeping them here. We would all be more at peace if they were at peace.

I'm sure if they could speak they wouldn't mind. Because we're really not doing them any justice by having them live in those conditions.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    All i'm saying is there's no way i'm coming home after a 8 hour shift to look at this ? and have to feed him and change him like a baby when he's like 15.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    All i'm saying is there's no way i'm coming home after a 8 hour shift to look at this ? and have to feed him and change him like a baby when he's like 15.

And most people feel that way.

That's why I feel that it should be an option (not mandatory).

People are too scared to speak up for fear of karma or political correctness.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    I don't think that parents should have the right to decide whether kids live or die.

If someone with some kind of debilitating disorder or condition wants to die they should have access to assistance though.

But if someone does have a condition then more than likely they DO wanna die and they probably don't know how to communicate that.

At the end of the day it's all about the quality of life. A person suffering from that has a ? quality of life and I'm sure wakes up everyday wanting it to be over; if they can even think :-B

It's better and way less expensive for everybody.

Let's not pretend that people are ever going to go out of their way to give them equal rights or sign special legislation on some Affirmative Action type ? . It's never going to happen.

It's one thing to suffer from Bipolar Disorder or even Speech Impediments but it's a whole different devil dealing with Retardation. Atleast the crazy ? can work and the Speech Slurrer can do the same. What can a ? person do, nothing

That does not give someone else the right to decide when you die. Does not matter if they are your parents.

If we're going to start practicing eugenics why half ass it? Might as well start sterilizing all the ? people too.

I take it that you have a brother or sister that's born this way and I apologize if I'm offending you.

But it is a Parent's right to decide. That's the most politically correct way of doing it.

I sympathize for them, I really do. But let's not act as if we're saving them from something

Except your intuition is wrong.

I used to be a huge supporter of eugenics. It made little sense to me why we as people should let the stupid, physically unfit, deathly allergic, mentally ill, neurologically crippled, chronically debilitated and anyone else with less than ideal features reproduce.

But it's completely fascist to force death on people. Flies in the face of a right to life and contradicts the entire idea of freedom, which I value more than some lame attempt to better the species.

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How about we just start forcing all these teen moms to have abortions and call it good.

Anything else is depravity.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    I don't think that parents should have the right to decide whether kids live or die.

If someone with some kind of debilitating disorder or condition wants to die they should have access to assistance though.

But if someone does have a condition then more than likely they DO wanna die and they probably don't know how to communicate that.

At the end of the day it's all about the quality of life. A person suffering from that has a ? quality of life and I'm sure wakes up everyday wanting it to be over; if they can even think :-B

Let's not pretend that people are ever going to go out of their way to give them equal rights or sign special legislation on some Affirmative Action type ? . It's never going to happen.

It's one thing to suffer from Bipolar Disorder or even Speech Impediments but it's a whole different devil dealing with Retardation. Atleast the crazy ? can work and the Speech Slurrer can do the same. What can a ? person do, nothing

That does not give someone else the right to decide when you die. Does not matter if they are your parents.

If we're going to start practicing eugenics why half ass it? Might as well start sterilizing all the ? people too.

I take it that you have a brother or sister that's born this way and I apologize if I'm offending you.

But it is a Parent's right to decide. That's the most politically correct way of doing it.

I sympathize for them, I really do. But let's not act as if we're saving them from something

I used to be a huge supporter of eugenics. It made little sense to me why we as people should let the stupid, physically unfit, deathly allergic, mentally ill, neurologically crippled, chronically debilitated and anyone else with less than ideal features reproduce.

But it's completely fascist to force death on people. Flies in the face of a right to life and contradicts the entire idea of freedom, which I value more than some lame attempt to better the species.

No. I just think you found a conscious and started to think more emotionally than logically.

Being bound to a wheelchair and having to have someone hold your hand every time you take a ? just to wipe your ass isn't Freedom, it's Hell
  • LUClEN
    edited July 2015
    Options

No. I just think you found a conscious and started to think more emotionally than logically.

Being bound to a wheelchair and having to have someone hold your hand every time you take a ? just to wipe your ass isn't Freedom, it's Hell

Logically explain to me how I benefit from killing the mentally handicapped and why I should value that more than I value the concept of freedom.
  • phukkyou2
    Options

Logically explain to me how I benefit from killing the mentally handicapped and why I should value that more than I value the concept of freedom.

Because those two things are two different subjects. And there's no Freedom being Mentally Handicapped. You're basically a Science Project for Doctors and a Side Show for Strangers. And you're a burden to your Parents
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    And that's all you'll ever be
  • LUClEN
    Options

Because those two things are two different subjects. And there's no Freedom being Mentally Handicapped. You're basically a Science Project for Doctors and a Side Show for Strangers. And you're a burden to your Parents

Forcing someone to die makes them much less free than allowing them to choose whether they live or die.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can test in the ? for ? like this. They stick a long ass needle into the stomach and take some of the amniotic fluid out. Test it and let u know if everything's ok. Our doc did it after I told him I don't want handicap kids or retards.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    We gotta do a better job of educatin the public then. I doubt too many people know that ? .

It's time we give those good people a little dignity for once. We treat them as outcasts, most of them are helpless in terms of doing daily basic ? on their own, and most people ignore them even though they get bent outta shape when you talk about it.

We'd be giving them and society due diligence
  • phukkyou2
    Options
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »

But you're speaking from Emotion and not Logic.

I highly doubt that there's ever been a single ? person who wants to live their life in their condition. Especially if they're capable of being conscious of the world around them (like a natural born Steven Hawking or something).

No, I'm speaking from logic. You on the other hand are not. You "highly doubt" is not a solid point of reasoning. However, you believe that someone born with mental retardation thinks the same way you do, so because you wouldn't want to live that way, they should be put down.

I can't surmise what someone else's reality is, especially not someone our society deems mentally deficient.

Moreover, you could have put a photo of Steven Hawking in that grouping of photos and by superficial measurements, you would be unable to tell the difference. Do you think Stephen Hawking hates his life?

I'll say without equivocations, your logic is flawed.