Albums you thought were gonna be hot but were ass

Options

Comments

• Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    Kia Shine - Due season

was getting MAJOR play on MTV Jams with "so Krispy". I didnt even realize he sampled the Beastie Boys for that beat at the time. I thought that beat was so ill and i was kinda on that Bape ? , well i was trying to at least. So i bought the joint and it was just decent. He had a couple other joints that were nice but overall, the album was pretty meh

Just sum good ass jukin music, i had that footwork
    That ? Nakia can spit tho

Big Seans last album...i never heard the first 2 but i hope they're better

Yo Gotti - I Am...i ? wit gotti but he went too left with that one

• afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm weak, this cat name dropped kinfolk kia shine.

Kanye West, 808s and heartbreaks - Everything he released up to this point was topnotch so I was anticipating some heat from his fourth album. This wack ass album is the reason I'm not a Kanye fan anymore.

Lil Wayne, 500 Degreez - Was a huge hot boy and wayne fan but this album was pure trash. He redeemed himself with tha carter which I wasn't looking forward to after buying this.

Ab-Soul, These Days - Control system was in constant rotation straight up until this ? was released. I couldn't wait for this ? to come out and what I heard was pure utter disappoint. So weak I haven't even listened to control system since.

Kendrick Lamar, TPAB - I see what he was going for but I can't get jiggy with this ? . No sign all you want but with all the hype for it how many times did you bump this album?

Outkast, Idlewild - SMMFH, this should have never been called an Outkast album. It's the definition of a ? stain.

Ali, Heavy Starch - Ali was my favorite st. lunatic and I liked his verses on most tics tracks including the free city album, so I was expecting big things on this one. The track drop top, an E.I knock off sums up my thoughts of the whole album. A cheap knock off.

Cam'ron, Killa Season - Riding off purple haze my favorite cam album I couldn't wait for killa season to drop. Bootlegged this ? as soon as it leaked. Forgettable album but shout out to cam and wayne for blessing the game with quotables on suck it or not.

Ja Rule, Blood in my eye - Been a rule fan since the first time I heard can I get a. Every album dropped up to this point was flames so my mind was ready for some heat when I bought it. Started with a banger then fizzled out immediately after. I knew he was taking a different approach thanks to his beef with 50 but this wasn't cutting it. His 2nd worst album only better than pil2, another wack album I wasted money on.

I can go on but will stop there. Cliff notes just look at the bolded.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @afro thunder Did u have that Kinfolk by Ali and Gipp

Any "Bone Thugs" album after TWO...Strength and Loyalty was decent actually but no Bizzy killed the whole vibe...Uni-5 had no threading whatsoever coming from some legends

Chingy's second album

Wale - The Album About Nothing Festivus was a live pig rolled in flour and then he came afterwards with this processed meat and stale bread

Pastor Troy - Crown Royal 3 through 6...grow up Troy

PT is the only artist i feel was better off on a major than indie
  • afro thunder
    afro thunder Members Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah the kinfolk album was better than heavy starch. I had it in rotation for a while.
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really think tpab is ass? Just cuz it's not good kid. These days ain't a bad album either. The album I thought was gonna be tight but ended up being ass was the massacre. Now that ? was ass.
  • bindayvez79
    bindayvez79 Members Posts: 402 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really think tpab is ass? Just cuz it's not good kid. These days ain't a bad album either. The album I thought was gonna be tight but ended up being ass was the massacre. Now that ? was ass.
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Dom kennedy by dom kennedy

At long last asap
  • Original_Skin
    Original_Skin Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    These Days let me down. So did Nobody Smiling
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every Jadakiss album and i think ass is the wrong term. Disappointment yes!

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bazz-B wrote: »
    ray cash-Cash on Delivery

Yeah, you're the only person I've ever heard say that dumb ? -- irl and on the net. That ? is easily 4/4.5. One of the most underrated joints.

TAAN was supposed to be Wale's magnum opus... It isnt. Festivus is better than that ? .

Oxymoron when compared to H&C is a complete letdown.

Kingdom Come is ? awful. Even worse after TBA.

TML is Drake's worst album and it shouldn't have been.

Nobody Smiling had some peaks, but it had more valleys than it should have.

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »
    TM 103 was a letdown, especially considering the material that he was coming out with leading up to it. Trap or Die 2 was a better album than TM 103.

Bruh bruh, The Recession is prolly his 2nd best album. "Welcome Back", "Crazy World", "Who Dat", "What They Want", "Hustlers Ambition", "Amazin'", "Get Alot", "Put On"...... That album, while not perfect, is hard body!!

The recession and TM103 ain't even the same albums.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    TM 103 was a letdown, especially considering the material that he was coming out with leading up to it. Trap or Die 2 was a better album than TM 103.

Bruh bruh, The Recession is prolly his 2nd best album. "Welcome Back", "Crazy World", "Who Dat", "What They Want", "Hustlers Ambition", "Amazin'", "Get Alot", "Put On"...... That album, while not perfect, is hard body!!

@MallyG I ain't even mention the recession.

Epic Freudian slip??
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every rick ross album after port of miami
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Busta Rhymes Anarchy was so bad.. I think that's why he kept counting down the years to 2000. THERE'S ONLY 5 YEARS LEFT! until I become a wack rapper.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kia Shine's album was a letdown now that somebody mentioned it. That's why DJ Paul and Juicy J was clowning him around that time cause So Krispy and that whole album wasn't the sound that folks knew him for. He changed his style up for that corny ? .
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    grYmes wrote: »
    Battle of the Sexes- Ludacris
    The Get Back- Little Brother
    534- Memphis Bleek
    Ghostface- Bulletproof Wallets
    The New Danger- Mos Def

come on ?

just by the title u knew

Lol. Hey Theater of the Mind wasn't bad so I tried to give Luda a chance. It's been my favorite weed plate.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oxymoron and cadillatica

Yall hyped those ? to the max
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reasonable doubt, blueprint 1 & 2. I learned my lesson
  • Weazel
    Weazel Members Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every Game album after LAX
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

Joe Budden - Padded Room

All that ? and crying he did about Def Jam holding him back and when he was finally released he dropped that garbage.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    ? really think tpab is ass? Just cuz it's not good kid.
    well, i think TPAB was good, but this is the issue with the thread here: there's a difference between "an album you thought was going to be hot, but which was disappointing" and "an album you thought was going to be hot, but which was ass." case in point:
    Beta wrote: »
    Oxymoron and cadillatica
    Yall hyped those ? to the max
    overhyped? perhaps. but they are not BAD albums.
    disclaimer: i think these are both good records, but understand why people were disappointed

• rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    Once Upon a Time in Shaolin. It isn't out yet but just the hype of locking it up auctioning it off.