The Official Dragonball Super Thread (All my DBZ fans come in here)

Options

Comments

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IgboNegro wrote: »
    qawshun wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Yu
    Future gohan from trunks timeline is that ? . We get left with the ? boo tho. Literally everyone has to die so we don't get the ? boi gohan.

present Gohan stronger than Future Gohan tho

You mean the one that gets slapped my frieza henchmen?

That's just bad writing.

Put Gohan in the time chamber and he come out stronger than super Saiyan ? mode

Lol no. His "peak" was mystic

Gohan potential is pretty much limitless

He as a child was stronger than Goku and Vegeta as a child

Stronger than both as a ssj and first to go ssj2 so at his rate he will always be stronger than them if he trains at the same rate

I feel like that's is the main difference between half breed saiyans and full breeds. Half breeds have the potential to get stronger than full breeds b/c of their human side but what they lack is the will for battle. That's always been the difference, Goten & Trunks as Gotenks alone should give you an idea of what they're capable of, same for SSJ2 and Mystic Gohan. Vegeta and Goku had the will to get stronger so they never slacked and always kept fighting, they got stronger because of that. The human aspect also helps the half breeds tap into emotions easier which is why Gohan, Trunks and others demonstrated great power when they were angry.

It makes no sense for half breeds to be stronger at all, humans are naturally weaker so mixing them with a stronger race should make them stronger but not stronger than the full breed

In the beginning of the show, saiyans were considered low class warriors as compared to other aliens, Bardock was like the strongest saiyan and had a power level of like 10,000. Goku and Vegeta were anomalies.

I gotta rewatch the beginning cause i don't remember that
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    think goku was born with a power level of 1
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yu
    Future gohan from trunks timeline is that ? . We get left with the ? boo tho. Literally everyone has to die so we don't get the ? boi gohan.

That's just bad writing.

Stronger than both as a ssj and first to go ssj2 so at his rate he will always be stronger than them if he trains at the same rate

I feel like that's is the main difference between half breed saiyans and full breeds. Half breeds have the potential to get stronger than full breeds b/c of their human side but what they lack is the will for battle. That's always been the difference, Goten & Trunks as Gotenks alone should give you an idea of what they're capable of, same for SSJ2 and Mystic Gohan. Vegeta and Goku had the will to get stronger so they never slacked and always kept fighting, they got stronger because of that. The human aspect also helps the half breeds tap into emotions easier which is why Gohan, Trunks and others demonstrated great power when they were angry.

It makes no sense for half breeds to be stronger at all, humans are naturally weaker so mixing them with a stronger race should make them stronger but not stronger than the full breed

In the beginning of the show, saiyans were considered low class warriors as compared to other aliens, Bardock was like the strongest saiyan and had a power level of like 10,000. Goku and Vegeta were anomalies.

Yeah, saiyans were never all that strong. Frieza killed all them cuz of their boost in strength when their near death could put them over the top later in the future, not cuz of their stength at the time. And yeah, I literally just finished rewatching the show.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Anyword on that DBZ Multiverse ? ?

Haven't finished it yet it's long as hell lol but some interesting differences between the characters in each universe.

that ? is dope as ?

This guy SS Bardock violated Pan smh.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yu

That's just bad writing.

Yeah, saiyans were never all that strong. Frieza killed all them cuz of their boost in strength when their near death could put them over the top later in the future, not cuz of their stength at the time. And yeah, I literally just finished rewatching the show.

Saiyans were strong, just not the strongest warriors in the universe like they liked to claim. Remember, even in the case of planets with populations of warriors, it only took a handful of Saiyans to clear out the entire planet.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    Yu

That's just bad writing.

Not really. It's actually a regular thing in anime to have half-breeds be stronger than full-breeds.

The the theme being that humans have the advantage of weaponizing their emotions. Grief, anger, sadness, determination are wells of strength.

It was Goku's primary source of power for awhile too. He was raised human so he was able to tap deeper into his powers via his emotions. Goku fighting for sport is usually when he gets beaten down, when he has emotional content hes pretty much unbeatable.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yu

That's just bad writing.

Perspective: Yamcha can one shot any human on the planet except Krillin and Tien but hes considered weak.
    Nappa was a Saiyan ELITE and relative to even the kid saiyans hes weak as ? .

The saiyan powers of Bardock's time were relatively pathetic and their true worth was in the oozaru state.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The 2nd episode of Dragon Ball Super is about Vegeta going on a family trip with Trunks and Bulma..

Summary in the link
    http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/dragon-ball-super-episode-2-focuses-on-vegeta/
  • blu197
    Options
    And y'all ? got the Cape on tight af for Toriyama, tryin to find a deep anwser for somethin that isn't deep with y'all explanations on why it makes sense for half saiyans to be stronger than full saiyans (it never will make sense)

Toriyama wasn't thinkin about all that emotion ? y'all talkin about when he said Gohan had the most potential, he didnt explain why Gohan had the most potential he just said it bc Gohan is documented as his personal favorite character and he lives vicouriously through him and its his story....
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    problem is trunks' own timeline has passed the buu saga and would be in the middle of gt

Doubt future trunks would've been as strong as video claimed since there wouldn't be any threat after cell was defeated thus no need for him to constantly train like a Saiyan would even in time of peace
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yu

That's just bad writing.

Your memory is skewed. Bardock was a lower class Saiyan. Goku wad born lower class as well.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I just now watched that battle of Gods movie.

I hear the first arcs of Super are basically just going to be revisions of the two ? movies.

Oh, and

SSJ
    SSJ2
    SSJ3
    SSJG
    SSJGSSJ

How long until we see SSJGSSJ2?
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chiyosuke wrote: »
    Yu

That's just bad writing.

Your memory is skewed. Bardock was a lower class Saiyan. Goku wad born lower class as well.

Nah man, Although Bardock started off as lower class, he was getting stronger and stronger. He was feared by frieza because he was real close or equal to the strength of King Vegeta, who was the strongest saiyan at the time. Watch the Story of Bardock again.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    problem is trunks' own timeline has passed the buu saga and would be in the middle of gt

Doubt future trunks would've been as strong as video claimed since there wouldn't be any threat after cell was defeated thus no need for him to constantly train like a Saiyan would even in time of peace
    He probably would've kept training since he's earth's only defense now. Plus what else would he have done besides train and spar?
  • BoldChild
    Options
    And y'all ? got the Cape on tight af for Toriyama, tryin to find a deep anwser for somethin that isn't deep with y'all explanations on why it makes sense for half saiyans to be stronger than full saiyans (it never will make sense)

Toriyama wasn't thinkin about all that emotion ? y'all talkin about when he said Gohan had the most potential, he didnt explain why Gohan had the most potential he just said it bc Gohan is documented as his personal favorite character and he lives vicouriously through him and its his story....

Does something like that need to be explained? What if the reason he has the most potential is because he is simply the most talented?

(aside from that, yeah, toriyama be on bs, he be forgetting his own characters, plus ? like the dragonballs only having one wish in battle of gods)
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WORLD PREMIERE IN JAPAN IN 20 MINUTES. EPISODE I DRAGON BALL SUPER

CI_KM14WUAAnU1O.jpg
  • BoldChild
    Options
    Dope movie and Vegeta got his shine, having Whis on their side is like having the contra cheat code tho. I still don't get how Vegeta was able to become a SSG or how they were both able to go to SSGSS. Beerus and Frieza knew who each other were which was also interesting. They left some things open to interpretation so I think the show is going to expound on that more.

Good movie tho and much better than the last one. I think everybody had their laughs and it remained true to the standard DBZ format. Once again Goku's risk taking in battle with enemies almost cost him the planet. People aint like how it ended but I thought it was pretty dope. Frieza and Vegeta got what they always wanted. The fights were tastefully done too, I see they incorporating 3D animations into the fight scenes. Dope movie and easily the best one in a long time. I wish it was in english tho so we could hear what Whis was telling Goku and Vegeta.

I think in the show they going to take this whole dynamic with the 7 gods of destruction further. They do it right and it could be on par with DBZ. What's going to be challenging is how they're going to bridge everyone's power. Essentially Goku, Vegeta, Whis and Beerus are the most powerful and it's not even close. Gohan, Goten and Trunks are no match. Seems like Vegeta and Goku just lapped around everybody in power. How long can the minor or sub characters hold their own and have Goku & Vegeta save the day ? That ? can get tiring. Unless they gonna make it the adventures of Goku and Vegeta. I feel like it was a mistake to make SSGSS so accessible so early. They should have saved it mid season and given the other characters leeway. They could have done it similar to DBZ where 3 or 4 of the Z fighters go to each gods planet to fight them.

I'll be watching the show closely to see how they do it. I'm only disappointed in Gohan tho SMMFH, he was so bad ass in DBZ but when Frieza's underlings can push Gohan like that iuno what to think SMMFH. Couldn't be me yall couldn't be me. I'd have been right beside Goku and Vegeta training.

Apparently SSGSS is weaker than SSG, they messed up on the naming(not really, I just think it's a bad name), sssgss is not an actual ? .

The SSGSS transformation is the regular super saiyan transformation infused with the divine ki they learned to use after first turning SSG. You can think of a SSG as having pure 100% divine ki, and SSGSS just has a little bit of it infused with their SS transformation.

I can see everyone eventually unlocking divine ki, unless they just decide to ignore them all like them been doing for a while.
  • rapmastermind
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I'm bias, I just loved seeing everyone again. I loved the first episode. Will be watching every single episode of this every week.

CJHEJ9oUEAET4GB.jpg

New Opening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu2adxdpZ-I
  • rapmastermind
    Options
  • blu197
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Dope movie and Vegeta got his shine, having Whis on their side is like having the contra cheat code tho. I still don't get how Vegeta was able to become a SSG or how they were both able to go to SSGSS. Beerus and Frieza knew who each other were which was also interesting. They left some things open to interpretation so I think the show is going to expound on that more.

Good movie tho and much better than the last one. I think everybody had their laughs and it remained true to the standard DBZ format. Once again Goku's risk taking in battle with enemies almost cost him the planet. People aint like how it ended but I thought it was pretty dope. Frieza and Vegeta got what they always wanted. The fights were tastefully done too, I see they incorporating 3D animations into the fight scenes. Dope movie and easily the best one in a long time. I wish it was in english tho so we could hear what Whis was telling Goku and Vegeta.

I think in the show they going to take this whole dynamic with the 7 gods of destruction further. They do it right and it could be on par with DBZ. What's going to be challenging is how they're going to bridge everyone's power. Essentially Goku, Vegeta, Whis and Beerus are the most powerful and it's not even close. Gohan, Goten and Trunks are no match. Seems like Vegeta and Goku just lapped around everybody in power. How long can the minor or sub characters hold their own and have Goku & Vegeta save the day ? That ? can get tiring. Unless they gonna make it the adventures of Goku and Vegeta. I feel like it was a mistake to make SSGSS so accessible so early. They should have saved it mid season and given the other characters leeway. They could have done it similar to DBZ where 3 or 4 of the Z fighters go to each gods planet to fight them.

I'll be watching the show closely to see how they do it. I'm only disappointed in Gohan tho SMMFH, he was so bad ass in DBZ but when Frieza's underlings can push Gohan like that iuno what to think SMMFH. Couldn't be me yall couldn't be me. I'd have been right beside Goku and Vegeta training.

Apparently SSGSS is weaker than SSG, they messed up on the naming(not really, I just think it's a bad name), sssgss is not an actual ? .

The SSGSS transformation is the regular super saiyan transformation infused with the divine ki they learned to use after first turning SSG. You can think of a SSG as having pure 100% divine ki, and SSGSS just has a little bit of it infused with their SS transformation.

I can see everyone eventually unlocking divine ki, unless they just decide to ignore them all like them been doing for a while.

Where do you be gettin yo info bruh, SSGSS is stronger than SSG...

SSG = Saiyan in base form + ? power, SSGSS = Saiyan in SS + ? power ? is as simple as that.....
  • blu197
    Options
    Review for Dragon Ball Super Ep.1 with Spoilers
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f-XMFov2T8U
  • BoldChild
    Options

SSG = Saiyan in base form + ? power, SSGSS = Saiyan in SS + ? power ? is as simple as that.....

From Toriyama

http://kotaku.com/its-official-goku-has-blue-hair-in-dragon-ball-z-1696943056
    This is apparently a Super Saiyan that has absorbed Super Saiyan ? powers. So, that’s why this is a Super Saiyan ? Super Saiyan. Okay, but geez, that naming... Sheesh.

Here you can see the reddish Super Saiyan ? hair color.

The reason is because in Japanese, people say “ao” (青) or “blue*” for the green traffic signal.

So, forget the traffic light for a moment. What the hell is going on? Why does the Super Saiyan ? Super Saiyan have blue hair? According to My Game News Flash, Dragonball creator Akira Toriyama apparently said that he thought red was a strong color, but blue was weaker.

“Simply put, it’s because [the red hair] looks so strong,” said Toriyama. “The color yellow has already been used, and blue isn’t really that strong looking, so visually, red is easy to understand.”

In retrospect that sounds like a backhanded complement for this blue-hair color iteration, but if you really think about it, this makes perfect sense. The Super Saiyan ? Super Saiyan is weaker than a straight-up Super Saiyan ? , so thus, it has blue hair. Or something like that.

SSGSS's re not Gods, they just picked a wack name for what is basically a Divine Super Saiyan. That's the reason they are able to maintain the form much longer than the SSG, and why they don't need to do that 5 pure hearted Saiyan thing.
  • blu197
    Options

From Toriyama

This is apparently a Super Saiyan that has absorbed Super Saiyan ? powers. So, that’s why this is a Super Saiyan ? Super Saiyan. Okay, but geez, that naming... Sheesh.

The reason is because in Japanese, people say “ao” (青) or “blue*” for the green traffic signal.

So, forget the traffic light for a moment. What the hell is going on? Why does the Super Saiyan ? Super Saiyan have blue hair? According to My Game News Flash, Dragonball creator Akira Toriyama apparently said that he thought red was a strong color, but blue was weaker.

“Simply put, it’s because [the red hair] looks so strong,” said Toriyama. “The color yellow has already been used, and blue isn’t really that strong looking, so visually, red is easy to understand.”

In retrospect that sounds like a backhanded complement for this blue-hair color iteration, but if you really think about it, this makes perfect sense. The Super Saiyan ? Super Saiyan is weaker than a straight-up Super Saiyan ? , so thus, it has blue hair. Or something like that.

SSGSS's re not Gods, they just picked a wack name for what is basically a Divine Super Saiyan. That's the reason they are able to maintain the form much longer than the SSG, and why they don't need to do that 5 pure hearted Saiyan thing.

You do know that interview came out before BoG came out and the question they asked him was why did pick Red to represent SSG bc it was originally about to be blue and he said "red is stronger" referring to the color...

SSGSS is stronger based on the two movies and the Dragon Ball Wiki
  • BoldChild
    Options

From Toriyama

You do know that interview came out before BoG came out and the question they asked him was why did pick Red to represent SSG bc it was originally about to be blue and he said "red is stronger" referring to the color...

The DragonBall Wiki Can't be trusted.

How does Resurrection F prove that it's stronger? Is it mentioned? Because I haven't been able to see the full movie yet.

afaik, they were fighting Frieza in F, and he don't come close to Beerus, so I an't really use that as a basis.
  • blu197
    Options

From Toriyama

The DragonBall Wiki Can't be trusted.

How does Resurrection F prove that it's stronger? Is it mentioned? Because I haven't been able to see the full movie y

afaik, they were fighting Frieza in F, and he don't come close to Beerus, so I an't really use that as a basis.

Both SSGSS and SSG aren't as strong as Beerus individually, but SSGSS is implied to be a master form of SSG and it has no time limit...

And don't sleep on Gold Frieza i actually think he's stronger than SSG, Dragon Ball Super will go into detail on things like how Vegeta and Goku achieved SSGSS and how Frieza achieved Gold, i personally think the Fat Beerus and Female Whis trained Frieza for him to catch up, it's the only thing that makes sense on how he was able get that strong in 4 months.....