starting to think KENDRICK 2nd album is a classic and maybe better than the first

Options

Comments

• grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    grYmes wrote: »
    BobOblah wrote: »
    It's the best album so far this year. It's not perfect by any means but as far as subject matter & lyrics you gotta be pretty closed minded to what's going on to at least not apresheate what he tried to do with this. It's was not as accessible as most albums that are out and it challenges the listener. It's exactly what hip hop needs right now. Can't outright say it's a classic right now but it's close.

It's not even that.

Ok, so what is?

Lupe wants a word with you.

-Mural

-Adoration of the Magi

I don't think there are 2 finer tracks on either album.

Lol, Lupe mad? I ? with his album easily it's his best in a long time. It's a VERY close second to TPAB IMO. However my opinions on them both kinda flip flop so it's whatever. Either way they're both great albums.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's the best album so far this year. It's not perfect by any means but as far as subject matter & lyrics you gotta be pretty closed minded to what's going on to at least not apresheate what he tried to do with this. It's was not as accessible as most albums that are out and it challenges the listener. It's exactly what hip hop needs right now. Can't outright say it's a classic right now but it's close.

It's not even that.

Ok, so what is?

Lupe.

Joeys Badass album is about even with TPAB too but I know that's a less popular opinion
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i bought it and i hate tpab. its horrible to me
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    on some real ? , tony yayo's first album is way better than that ?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    I prefer B4.DA.$$ over TPAB.
  • LcnsdbyROYALTY
    LcnsdbyROYALTY Members Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    Fools who say "Section 80" is better are clearly trolling

I was dead ass serious fam. *Ye shrug*
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TpAB is garbage
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell, I think I like Vince Staples' and Joey Badass' joints as much as I like Kendrick's.

It's been a pretty good year thus far. Lupe, Vince, Sean, Joey, Meek, ASAP, Boosie, Kendrick... All good-great albums.

But I still like GK over TPAB. S.80 is close too.
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't even a Kendrick fan, but this album gets played every other day. I have to see how it ages before I can call it a classic but I can tell already there's something special about it.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not even that.

Ok, so what is?

Man I'm taking Big Sean, Meek Mill, and Asap Rocky albums over TPAB.

Platinum and Wood > any track on TPAB

Canal St. > any track on TPAB

Jump Out the Face > any track on TPAB

I'm not trolling.

Woah dere. Big Sean has never and will never drop an album better than TPAB.

Gotta nosign this whole post
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not even that.

Ok, so what is?

I'm not trolling.

Big Sean>Rocky>>>>>>Meek Mills

• metal face terrorist
    metal face terrorist Members Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not even that.

Ok, so what is?

I'm not trolling.

? , Dark Sky Paradise is.

idkwiz-khalifashrugwhatever.gif
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's not even that.

Ok, so what is?

I'm not trolling.

U really got problems
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't listen to Sec.80 front to back.

TAPB>>>>>GKMC
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good album but jesus let the ? breathe for a ? year...yall was calling this ? a classic a half hour after it leaked...anyway Lupe has album of the year so far to me
  • metal face terrorist
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

It's not even that.

Ok, so what is?

I'm not trolling.

U really got problems

How so? How is TPAB musically better? Cause he's on some pro black ? ? FOH. Is "Untitled" better than "It Was Written"?
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like it better than section 80, and it's on par with gkmc, msucially it's a lot better

Far and away the best album this year so far imo
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoy overly dedicated more than section 80
  • grYmes
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »

It's not even that.

Ok, so what is?

I'm not trolling.

U really got problems

How so? How is TPAB musically better? Cause he's on some pro black ? ? FOH. Is "Untitled" better than "It Was Written"?

TPAB is a great album because, yea it is more political & that's it's appeal. If you expect anything other than that than this album ain't for you and there's nothing wrong with that. Is it a better album than GKMC? No, because it had a bit of everything that appealed with everyone's tastes. Same with the Untitled & It Was Written comparison. Untitled is a good album but overall it don't ? with It Was Written. I'm not surprised TPAB is getting mixed reviews & that's fine. Either you like it or you don't. Just don't make it seem like being "pro black" hurts an album.
  • metal face terrorist
    Options
    Its not thats its pro black. Musically its just not that ? good. Production plays a part too.
  • grYmes
    Options
    The production was ok, it's slightly better than Untitled in that regard. With the ? that's been going on the last couple years I ? with it more lyrically. If it had the same production as GKMC people would more readily accept it.
  • metal face terrorist
    Options
    The production was ok, it's slightly better than Untitled in that regard. With the ? that's been going on the last couple years I ? with it more lyrically. If it had the same production as GKMC people would more readily accept it.

If thats the reason why its great praise, I can understand the logic. Kendrick gets props for speaking on the issues we face in America today. But musically that ? ain't slamming to me, I don't give a damn what yall say.
  • metal face terrorist
    Options
    Its not thats its pro black. Musically its just not that ? good. Production plays a part too.

Dont just hit troll button, at least give a rebuttal.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options

It's not even that.

Ok, so what is?

Lupe's, I think I still got the poll, btw