A discussion about Martial Arts.

Options

Comments

• willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have seen all bruce lee films and done many years of self teaching while under the influence of cannabis, I sometimes do some shadow boxing at home, luckily I have not had to unleash this power within, truth be told it scares me.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Boxing>>>>>Best for 1v1 and multiply enemies

Gotta go with muay thai. Kick a ? in his thigh good he gonna throw in the towel. Judo is good as well. Boxing I have #2. Jab, cross, sidekick/frontkick. Combo that people don't want to ? with.

If you want to finish quickly you'd look for a cut kick to their inner knee.

This=Goat
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Coming straight from a BJJ master Dave Camarillo, never finish takedowns all the way to the ground in street fight.

I'm guillotining the ? out of everybody tho.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What the guillotine can't handle, Chris Jericho (941) can.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Gotta go with muay thai. Kick a ? in his thigh good he gonna throw in the towel. Judo is good as well. Boxing I have #2. Jab, cross, sidekick/frontkick. Combo that people don't want to ? with.

If you want to finish quickly you'd look for a cut kick to their inner knee, try ? up their ligaments or just a straight up knee stomp with a flat teep kick or heel to just below their kneecap, thigh kicks will knot up the muscle but it won't keep them down a lot of the time unless you catch them coming at you and can sweep them too.

The art of street fighting is really about dealing with conflict before it escalates and then trying to finish it quickly, it's not about being fair if it's a choice of you between them, the concrete, the hospital or the morgue. Folks can compete to keep sharp but competition is never like it is when people are in small corridors, people are shouting and talking ? , trying to get their friends attention or get them involved too. It's a completely different mindset and skill set you have to have for a much less controlled and different situation.

Hahaha. You trying to dominate and destroy. I like that ? . I like to pick them apart. Not many street fights are gonna have ? checking trunk choppers. Start chopping down the tree and let them know you can hurt them really bad, I usually leave them a choice to back away from the ? before it gets ugly. After the show of force if they continue to fight then I ? them up.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I started boxing when I was in 6th grade. I used to spar with my older brother. By the time I entered High School I could knock anybody out with one punch (usually left hook). Sometimes I'd mess with them. I'd throw a jab to each eye to give them black eyes, then I'd punch them in the mouth to knock their teeth out, then I'd throw the left hook and drop em.

However, I never really took another martial art. I'm not that good at grappling so I punch my way out. Everybody says, "thats not wrestling". Well, thats how I wrestle.

Best move in a streetfight is to punch him as hard as you can in the adams apple. If you're too ? to punch somebody in the adams apple you might as well hand over your wallet, pull your pants down and let him ? you.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options

If you want to finish quickly you'd look for a cut kick to their inner knee, try ? up their ligaments or just a straight up knee stomp with a flat teep kick or heel to just below their kneecap, thigh kicks will knot up the muscle but it won't keep them down a lot of the time unless you catch them coming at you and can sweep them too.

The art of street fighting is really about dealing with conflict before it escalates and then trying to finish it quickly, it's not about being fair if it's a choice of you between them, the concrete, the hospital or the morgue. Folks can compete to keep sharp but competition is never like it is when people are in small corridors, people are shouting and talking ? , trying to get their friends attention or get them involved too. It's a completely different mindset and skill set you have to have for a much less controlled and different situation.

Hahaha. You trying to dominate and destroy. I like that ? . I like to pick them apart. Not many street fights are gonna have ? checking trunk choppers. Start chopping down the tree and let them know you can hurt them really bad, I usually leave them a choice to back away from the ? before it gets ugly. After the show of force if they continue to fight then I ? them up.

I think youve just described perfectly how self defense can quickly change into assauting someone.

Yea. I never go full out until you leave me with no other option.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn no one practices Puerto Rican Judo or Haile Selassie Karate?
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    Forget all that boxing and MMA training, basically rolling around or touching unsanitizied surfaces. You haven't lived until you had a staph infection. Those things are live threatening and changing.

Only if you're in a ? ass gym
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Shout out to my fellow Nak Muay's.

BJJ is trash for a street fight scenario. I dare a person to try to pull guard on me on the pavement. Great way to get a handicap parking spot.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

Boxers fight with a lead leg. Against a pro muay fighter/heavy hitting amatuer it would take 1-2 hard low kicks before he's limping for life. After that he is a wounded animal and its over.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ishi wrote: »

Boxers fight with a lead leg. Against a pro muay fighter/heavy hitting amatuer it would take 1-2 hard low kicks before he's limping for life. After that he is a wounded animal and its over.

True. You have to bend your knees.

Here's some good advice for street fighting; If you carry your wallet in your back right pocket, carry a lil plastic mouthpiece in your back left pocket.

uamouth_guard3.gif

Your teeth don't grow back.

Carry a mouthpiece with you at all times wherever you go. Its not illegal and it will save you a huge dentist bill
  • 808HiLife808
    808HiLife808 Members Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Ishi wrote: »

True. You have to bend your knees.

Here's some good advice for street fighting; If you carry your wallet in your back right pocket, carry a lil plastic mouthpiece in your back left pocket.

uamouth_guard3.gif

Your teeth don't grow back.

Carry a mouthpiece with you at all times wherever you go. Its not illegal and it will save you a huge dentist bill

i used to do that every time we went to the club..i was a magnet for those little liquid courage havin superman cape wearin mfs..
  • Dirty Sanchez
    Dirty Sanchez Members Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I went from a boxing/muay Thai/wrestling/bjj school to capoeira...the stand up in capoeira is pretty gotdamn crazy

its brutal

https://youtu.be/pC1pyK9KTfU
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grew up in Thailand fighting in the street but never had a chance to train Muy Thai because my parents wouldn't let me. used to spar boxing with my pops

moved back to Thailand a few years ago and started Muy Thai training heavily. Fell deep in love with. Big difference between fighting in the street and in the ring though.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i studied a little eagles claw kung fu some years back.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • Dirty McGirty
    Dirty McGirty Members Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Options
    Forget all that boxing and MMA training, basically rolling around or touching unsanitizied surfaces. You haven't lived until you had a staph infection. Those things are live threatening and changing.

You practicing hand to hand combat in the sewers fam?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    Options
    ^^^Not trying to change the topics bruhs, but just be aware of this ? . Don't get ? up like I did. I got mines when I was training.

Dude.

Wash your ass.

Wash your Gi.

Nasty ass.

Antibacterial soap for after training. And only after training.

Never
    ^^^Not trying to change the topics bruhs, but just be aware of this ? . Don't get ? up like I did. I got mines when I was training.

Dude.

Wash your ass.

Wash your Gi.

Nasty ass.

Antibacterial soap for after training. And only after training.

Sigh... You ? , you ? .

My gym, we cleaned the mats after each session and once more when we closed. Then in the morning we came in and cleaned again. We wiped down EVERYTHING. Bleach and water solution. Gloves, mats, bags, headgear. Practice dummies. Speed bags. Railings handles. We spent at least an hour cleaning up before we trained. And every class had to do that. My teachers were diligent about having a clean ass gym.