FSU QB De'Andre Johnson Suspended Indefinitely For Punching Woman In Face, Surveillance Video Now Ou

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    grYmes wrote: »
    Throwing the punch put him in a situation that he's gonna have to dig himself out of. There were plenty of other things he could of did besides throw that punch. And ? act like nothing would come out of that? Like there was absolutely nothing else he could do? Yea ok.

So the ? has no blame for creating the situation by being the aggressor? Never said there wasn't other things that he could've done but what he did was defend himself and no person is wrong for defending themselves.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Faux news saying that white ? is the victim... smmfh

The ? already had her fist up so she was ready to swing on him
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    shout out to everyone who knew the exact right thing to do in every situation at 19...

Shout to everyone who didn't need to be told at age of 19 that if you hit somebody in a crowded bar and you're a QB on one of the most watched teams in the country you probably are gonna face some consequences...youthful mistakes shouldn't be held over your head for life but this ? is just plain stupid on De'Andre Johnson's part...

the outrage and grandstanding is nonsensical.
    but y'all perfect student athletes do your thing...

It's not grandstanding to say that somebody should be aware of the position they hold and what consequences can come from their actions. That's called being a responsible person. He knew he was a QB on the team and not just a normal student so anything he does right or wrong gets more attention than the next person. Anybody can ? up but it also ain't the best idea to give a pass to ignoring common sense
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The cop was wrong for hitting her, but at the same time since when does being physical with a cop end in anything good?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    ? was clearly a case of self defense. ? like this is why I know I wouldn't last long as a ? with money and fame. I always put myself before the money.

That chick would of never respected his manhood had he done nothing anyway. She would of ? over dude all kinds of ways in the long run. She knows there's no consequences.

Personally, the problem was that he closed ? the ? . All he really needed to do was put one good slap across her cheek. That ? sends a good message. You ain't trying to hurt her, but she ? up on thin ice.

I'm all about smacking the ? out of somebody if they hit you first man or woman but how does this turn into her not respecting him in the long run? This is some random ? at a bar and he's a star football player. He could have ignored her for the rest of time and nobody would have given 2 ? about her. Who gives a ? about some random ? at a bar you're never gonna see again as more than a passing face?

No telling what the relationship between them is. And random or not, it doesn't matter. Once somebody makes you out a ? , ? sticks. Even if nobody else would of cared, I would care. I wouldnt be able to sleep right and talk my ? that I talk knowing I've had my card pulled and did nothing.

If somebody taking your spot at the bar is enough for you to think peopel gonna consider you a ? for the rest of your time then you got emotional problems. It ain't like she threatened his career or his entire life in that 1 moment of not letting him get to the damn bar. It ain't that serious to start with just trying to get a drink at the bar, it became serious when both of them overreacted to a simple ass situation.
  • grYmes
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Throwing the punch put him in a situation that he's gonna have to dig himself out of. There were plenty of other things he could of did besides throw that punch. And ? act like nothing would come out of that? Like there was absolutely nothing else he could do? Yea ok.

So the ? has no blame for creating the situation by being the aggressor? Never said there wasn't other things that he could've done but what he did was defend himself and no person is wrong for defending themselves.

No one said she wasn't at fault but be real. These days who really has the harder fall? The white girl ? that will probably have a slap on the wrist or the black young QB who hasn't even played a down of college football? Don't worry I'll wait.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? . It was split second involuntary Reaction to an assault w/ a side of racial slurs.

Self defense is human nature

U even been smacked up without fight back?... Yea u have, cuz thats how you're acting right now...
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    *Sifts through pointless debate of who was in the wrong*

Dude got cut. From Florida State. In a new witch hunt culture regarding athletes and 'domestic violence'. He will never play pro football and,will be lucky to play college.He's now destined for tryouts for he Saskatchewan Rough Riders. ..

Some of yall clearly don't get the point

He'll spend a year at JuCo and pop up at a lower-tiered SEC school
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

nobody said he couldn't have chose another action.. but lets be real here. One, most of us are grown as hell and like its been stated several times already hindsight is 20/20. myself im 31 consider myself a rational adult and i pride myself on not letting my emotions get the best of me.. but thats my mindset at THIS age,, definitely not while i was 19. its easy to say what a kid should do when your looking at the situation with a ADULTS perspective.

2nd to your point about him getting kicked off a D1 team. Its ? that played in the NFL with a BODY on them. If he has the talent the NFL will call him. no if ands or butts about that. 3rd the thing thats getting lost on you is that he was NOT the aggressor. thats not even debate-able . now if walked in the bar and just falcon punched that ? for no reason. Id be with u on this, but he didnt he defended himself. bottom line people need to keep their hands to themselves (male AND female), and people need to get over that notion that a woman cant be hit. In the words of Chris Rock "aint nobody above an ass whopping... just dont do it"
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    *Sifts through pointless debate of who was in the wrong*

Dude got cut. From Florida State. In a new witch hunt culture regarding athletes and 'domestic violence'. He will never play pro football and,will be lucky to play college.He's now destined for tryouts for he Saskatchewan Rough Riders. ..

Some of yall clearly don't get the point

He'll spend a year at JuCo and pop up at a lower-tiered SEC school

That's the usual route but the video + the climate + the stigma of Jamies before him = more than likely he'll take the Adrien Macpherson 1AA route and we'll never hear from him again
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

No one said she wasn't at fault but be real. These days who really has the harder fall? The white girl ? that will probably have a slap on the wrist or the black young QB who hasn't even played a down of college football? Don't worry I'll wait.

That ? doesn't matter the ? was wrong plain and simple and dude defended himself. These days is actually all days of black people in this country.

All yall are saying is to tolerate disrespect because standing up for yourself you could possibly lose money, get a charge and no matter if you are right other people whose opinions mean ? all to you say you should take the abuse should dictate your life choices
  • grYmes
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »

nobody said he couldn't have chose another action.. but lets be real here. One, most of us are grown as hell and like its been stated several times already hindsight is 20/20. myself im 31 consider myself a rational adult and i pride myself on not letting my emotions get the best of me.. but thats my mindset at THIS age,, definitely not while i was 19. its easy to say what a kid should do when your looking at the situation with a ADULTS perspective.

2nd to your point about him getting kicked off a D1 team. Its ? that played in the NFL with a BODY on them. If he has the talent the NFL will call him. no if ands or butts about that. 3rd the thing thats getting lost on you is that he was NOT the aggressor. thats not even debate-able . now if walked in the bar and just falcon punched that ? for no reason. Id be with u on this, but he didnt he defended himself. bottom line people need to keep their hands to themselves (male AND female), and people need to get over that notion that a woman cant be hit. In the words of Chris Rock "aint nobody above an ass whopping... just dont do it"

19 or 29, you still an adult and responsible for your actions. It's no excuse honestly I don't care how old you are. The girl is a fault, but hitting her don't make it any better. All yall willing to hit a woman over some ? like hocking for position at a bar got a pretty ? up view on things. She didn't have a weapon, and clearly he could of kicked her ass. Anyone willing to justify it one way or another is just sad. And say all you want about JunCo and all that, there's no guarantees so why even bother going that route. Four years from now we probably won't remember this dude.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »
    Yall ? in here like house ? . The system has you ? well trained:

"You need to walk away"

"You cant be hittin no ? "

"HE messed everything up over a white ? "

...REALLY? This is like a flashback of house ? when Eric Garner got choked out...

"you Cant be arguing with the police"

"he shouldn't have resisted"

"he he just ________ he'd still be alive"

...this kid is NOT the problem. Femi-Nazis, Beta-? who support them, racist justice system, Anti-Male justice system is the problem here. Not some football player giving a ? cave ? exactly what she deserves.

? in here thinking they're being "practical" when you really being ? and substitute white-feminists.

Can always count on DarcSkies for the appropriate posts in these situations lol
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since the States Attorney said he wasn't going to file charges against her, I wonder if DeAndre can press charges against her?

I don't care about him being kicked off the team, I just want equal justice for this brotha!!
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was clearly a case of self defense. ? like this is why I know I wouldn't last long as a ? with money and fame. I always put myself before the money.

That chick would of never respected his manhood had he done nothing anyway. She would of ? over dude all kinds of ways in the long run. She knows there's no consequences.

Personally, the problem was that he closed ? the ? . All he really needed to do was put one good slap across her cheek. That ? sends a good message. You ain't trying to hurt her, but she ? up on thin ice.

I'm all about smacking the ? out of somebody if they hit you first man or woman but how does this turn into her not respecting him in the long run? This is some random ? at a bar and he's a star football player. He could have ignored her for the rest of time and nobody would have given 2 ? about her. Who gives a ? about some random ? at a bar you're never gonna see again as more than a passing face?

No telling what the relationship between them is. And random or not, it doesn't matter. Once somebody makes you out a ? , ? sticks. Even if nobody else would of cared, I would care. I wouldnt be able to sleep right and talk my ? that I talk knowing I've had my card pulled and did nothing.

If somebody taking your spot at the bar is enough for you to think peopel gonna consider you a ? for the rest of your time then you got emotional problems. It ain't like she threatened his career or his entire life in that 1 moment of not letting him get to the damn bar. It ain't that serious to start with just trying to get a drink at the bar, it became serious when both of them overreacted to a simple ass situation.

Well yeah, I am a bit crazy. But once you put your hands on me ? is on. Thats what she initiated and thats when it always becomes serious. ? could of kept her hands to herself in the first place, too. But nobody wants to hold her accountable.

She no better than the fool that got ate by the alligator or the one that killed himself playing with fireworks. She found the wrong ? to ? with that night. Unfortunately, this racist and sexist society don't like common sense.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

19 or 29, you still an adult and responsible for your actions. It's no excuse honestly I don't care how old you are. The girl is a fault, but hitting her don't make it any better. All yall willing to hit a woman over some ? like hocking for position at a bar got a pretty ? up view on things. She didn't have a weapon, and clearly he could of kicked her ass. Anyone willing to justify it one way or another is just sad. And say all you want about JunCo and all that, there's no guarantees so why even bother going that route. Four years from now we probably won't remember this dude.

bruh i dont advocate hitting anyone.. i aint one of those "cant wait to knock a ? out" IC posters. As i stated in my post men and women need to keep they hands to they selves. And im not making excuses for him, like u said regardless of age you have to pay the consequences (thats life) . Just think its funny that people think its ok for women to hit a man, then act as if the man was wrong for defending himself. And the JunCo or NFL neither you or I know what this mans path will be, ur acting as if his life is over. Life is long bruh...hopefully he bounce back. My issue is he shouldnt have to bounce back....
  • grYmes
    Options

bruh i dont advocate hitting anyone.. i aint one of those "cant wait to knock a ? out" IC posters. As i stated in my post men and women need to keep they hands to they selves. And im not making excuses for him, like u said regardless of age you have to pay the consequences (thats life) . Just think its funny that people think its ok for women to hit a man, then act as if the man was wrong for defending himself. And the JunCo or NFL neither you or I know what this mans path will be, ur acting as if his life is over. Life is long bruh...hopefully he bounce back. My issue is he shouldnt have to bounce back....

I wasn't implying you personally advocate hitting anyone just the other cats on here talking reckless. Nor did I say he wouldn't have a life after all this. Just as far as his football career it's not gonna be as easy as people make it out to be now. I hope he does overcome this ? but I've seen this story before & rarely does it end well.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Only reason he was released from the team is cause of public perception and the mighty powerful FSU don't want no parts of that anymore(I bet Jimbo Fisher ain't even that upset at the kid for what he did but he can't fight the world's perception by himself). Ultimate tough break case for him.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this ? disgusting yo..

they gonna try to demasculate the ? outta this man...watch......? disgusting