Official 2015 NBA OFFSEASON thread

Options

Comments

• MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    Blazers signed kanter to an offer sheet.If the thunder match they'll be 40 mil in the luxury tax

? they got no choice but to match.

Either way my man Kanter gonna be in a good position, get paid and get easy buckets with Russ and KD, or get paid and be the #2 in Portland.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pacers just lost Scola to the raptors damn shame they don't have a frontcourt
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    MR.CJ wrote: »

this ? has the potential to shut the internet down for the evening.

everybody already ? of at CB and been trying to call him out, now someone that really dont gaf is doing it, LIVE and in front of people

I hope this ? leads to something...no killing though b/c thats wack

its not that deep
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    44Since88 wrote: »
    Yall ? me tryna analyze what's in these dudes pockets. Money ain't everything.

If money ain't everything billionaire owner wouldn't come to players with low deals.

This is a business, big business.

Ppl like to act like it's just a game but it's not.

I hate when ppl say they get paid to play a game. I bet they have to work harder at their job then 90% of workforce.

i've always thought this way as well.
    aside from the obvious perks (money, social status, growing opportunities) they have to really maintain an advanced level of diet and fitness, especially during the season, and i know all that traveling has to wear them out.

gym, weights, scrimmage, plane, media, game time, practice, tape, etc. in whatever order

i read something about what a week is like for lebron during the playoffs on and off the court, even at home. ? sounds crazy. most people arent built for that even if they have the talent its more to it than what a lot of people make it seem.

jimmy butler was on the radio talking about how he's hittin the gym at 5 am everyday during the off season they deserve the money they get especially all the high risk for injuring their bodies on any given night
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    Yall ? me tryna analyze what's in these dudes pockets. Money ain't everything.

If money ain't everything billionaire owner wouldn't come to players with low deals.

This is a business, big business.

Ppl like to act like it's just a game but it's not.

I hate when ppl say they get paid to play a game. I bet they have to work harder at their job then 90% of workforce.

I'm talking about to some players. Obviously David West, Duncan, Dirk, or anybody else who's taken a pay cut before have invested or spent their money wisely. Saying it's dumb to pass up cash is not accurate because you don't know what's in these cats bank accounts and you don't them well enough to know how they feel about their careers.

Duncan just lost 20 million.

And you're right they probably saved their money correct.

But it's still sets a bad precedent for other players

Duncan saves a lot of money shopping at Ross and Marshalls. Not like these other guys who buy $350 Gucci undershirts.

tim-duncan-style-elite-daily.png

Him and MJ got the same stylist
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why ? criticizing Bron for signing one year deals like Mike wasn't doing the same ? toward the end of his career in Chi?
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »
    Pacers just lost Scola to the raptors damn shame they don't have a frontcourt

Don't sleep on Myles Turner but yea they need to add some depth.
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Duncan real af for what he's done for the spurs organization

No he's not.

He basically setting a dangerous precedent.

Instead of making billionaires over spend he telling millionaires to take less.

Plus his just got scrapped for 20 million.

Better tell these nggas smarten up man

Its 1 thing to take a slight vut to make it possible to have wade and bosh

But a blind pay cut for general relief? Dirk taking a cut ao Chandler Parsons can eat? Thats asinine.

And it shows you what years of media whitewashing does.CLEARLY, 80% of posters/ fans dont know ? they're not told, so its erroneously engrained in them to think a) a million or even a few mill is a lifetime amount of money making you rich forever, and 2) Financial sacrifice is needed, prudent, and a responsibility of a player

That ? bothers me only bc white folk, titans, generationally WEALTHY people--not just 'rich'---NEVER do ? like that

I generally agree, but when it comes to wealthy people "never do ? like that" ..what other industry/hypothetical situation can you compare this situation to?

Ceo's firing folk (via managers) for financial reasons. Say they're 200k over budget annually. So they gotta fire 2 people. That CEO makes 500k . He could lower his salary to 300k/yr and keep those 2 people. What you think he gon do, sir?

Not even the same scenario. Here you are talking about a CEO choosing a way to clear deficit by either taking a pay cut or firing to people, just to make budget, not more money (assets)

Loss leader and players taking less (On behalf of the Organization) is intentionally undervaluing their product(player) in hopes that they can make it up on the back end. Either by selling more product(because of the lower cost) or in this case, using the extra cash to bring in more pieces to chase a championship, which will bring in more endorsements, TV contracts...etc.

As i said in my last post I agree that on the surface this doesnt benefit the player...unless of course that have some off the books side deals (who knows). But we do know some players are taking less just to (at least publicly stated) to chase a ring as their backend payoff.

Personally I wouldnt do it, just to chase the ring, especially when your Org is going to ? you over in the end (See Wade, Dirk) but i would for stock option, hookups and ? like that

I have a marketing degree. You're talking about lowering price of a PRODUCT, to enter a market and/or grab customers, ie business owners using Living Social

Its not even comparable to taking a 1 time, permanent loss of money

No Im talking about Owner convincing or the player wanting to themselves; taking less money on the front end to have a greater "payoff" (rather it be money, a Championship, or whatever) in the long road.

To say it doesnt happen (not you, the other poster) is inaccurate as players continue to show this.

My Loss leader example was to his response the wealthy people don't devalue their product or make cuts to make a profit later.

If its smart marketing, business or whatever is another discussion/point that I wasnt making
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heat could trade mcroberts and Rio to Indy to give them that frontcourt depth
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All this talk about the spurs,clippers,cavs golden state
    Contending for a chip

I doubt you could give me a legit reason miami not in the talks other than possible injurys

Cuz Lebron aint walking through that door.Y'all steady gassin the heat like they werent 7-8 games under .500 WITH bosh

Before the emergance of whiteside

Before they got dragic

Before they drafted winslow

Before they signed gerald green

Now they have a full training camp with all these pieces foh

I'll bet money that ? Whiteside ain't gonna turn into that beast ? think he's gonna be.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    the original ? Delly (Bruce Bowen) gon let Alridge wear his number 12 for da spurs

Bruce Bowen had his jersey retired? Really?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh at the Nets losing Teletovich
  • Heavy In The Game
    Heavy In The Game Members Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh at the Nets losing Teletovich

smh where's he at now?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Teletovic went to the suns.Who got brooklyn pick next year? is it the c's or hawks turn lol
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    h
    All this talk about the spurs,clippers,cavs golden state
    Contending for a chip

I doubt you could give me a legit reason miami not in the talks other than possible injurys

Cuz Lebron aint walking through that door.Y'all steady gassin the heat like they werent 7-8 games under .500 WITH bosh

Before the emergance of whiteside

Before they got dragic

Before they drafted winslow

Before they signed gerald green

Now they have a full training camp with all these pieces foh

I'll bet money that ? Whiteside ain't gonna turn into that beast ? think he's gonna be.

if HAsssn get his mind right, that boy gonna be a problem.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn TIM DUNCAN WINNING
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Why ? criticizing Bron for signing one year deals like Mike wasn't doing the same ? toward the end of his career in Chi?

MJ made $30mil+ his last 2years after never making more than $4 million /yr and never being the highest paid in the NBA.

I know you probably watched ESPN today but don't get why people keep comparing James to MJ.
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I knew Teletovic wouldn't be back. That's a good look for Phoenix. He can light the floor up on any given night.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Duncan came along from being with a crazy ? , ? rumors, and struggle haircuts