Chamillionaire probably had the most unfortunate career

Options
2»

Comments

• Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was just wondering why he aint been out in a minute?
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Micheal Jordan
  • GunTown
    GunTown Members Posts: 3,489
    Options
    1 of my fave songs from him is with Nipsey Hussle
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    ? Micheal Jordan

? FORBID I HAD ALL THAT MONEY HE HAS & DRESSES THE WAY HE DOES...
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cham got in right before artist stopped selling platinum ... good timing same with Flip
  • vince_vince
    vince_vince Members Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    How Sway ? He has 2 platinum plaques, and made well over a million dollars in MUSIC, leveraged it into a car customization shop, apartment buildings, a music production company, he has his masters (shout outs to Master P), he owns a tour bus company (for you struggling rappers you're welcome), and just recently invested in a think tank for Upfront Ventures to help find and invest in tech companies in silicon valley. If that's unfortunate then you ? need to post your track records and show me what "fortunate" is.....

Rap fans are quick to ? on ? who aren't top 10 on Billboard while at the same time chastising the top 10 rappers (Drake, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Kanye West) quickly writing them off as having fallen off or past their primes, whatever the ? that's suppose to mean. Not everyone wants to have 20 classic albums and no money in the bank, some artists just want to make it out the hood and have businesses. Not a dayum thing wrong with that.

I'm pretty sure this thread is about his rap career but whatever...
  • banginscrew901
    banginscrew901 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 7,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing that hurt him was the he stopped cursing which put him on the will smith lane

Not really it was something different. I think when he made a comment about not cursing I was like what! !!! But heard the new album and didn't notice it until I was listening to a track and was like that bar should have said ? or ? .

And ? who wouldn't want will Smith fan base. People would ? to have eminen,will Smith and other big stars fan base.

I really like the mixtape messiah tapes he put out. But yes he got in the game and had a plan set up if it didn't go well.

Also a lot of people thought he lost cause he let his house went into foreclosure but I heard that's the thing to do if you got money @Sion can you explain that one.
    I mean I know rich folks play by a totally different set of rules than common folk.
  • esco soprano
    esco soprano Members Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    How Sway ? He has 2 platinum plaques, and made well over a million dollars in MUSIC, leveraged it into a car customization shop, apartment buildings, a music production company, he has his masters (shout outs to Master P), he owns a tour bus company (for you struggling rappers you're welcome), and just recently invested in a think tank for Upfront Ventures to help find and invest in tech companies in silicon valley. If that's unfortunate then you ? need to post your track records and show me what "fortunate" is.....

Rap fans are quick to ? on ? who aren't top 10 on Billboard while at the same time chastising the top 10 rappers (Drake, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Kanye West) quickly writing them off as having fallen off or past their primes, whatever the ? that's suppose to mean. Not everyone wants to have 20 classic albums and no money in the bank, some artists just want to make it out the hood and have businesses. Not a dayum thing wrong with that.

[Thread]
    Sion kicks knowledge on the first post
    [/thread]

It's pretty common knowledge....what he did was expose another flaw in so-called hiphop fans who don't even know what's going on. SMH.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing that hurt him was the he stopped cursing which put him on the will smith lane

Not cursing didn't hurt him. Switching up because O'Reilly and them made that big "OMFG! Rappers all use profanity!" kick made him look weak as ? when all his interviews set him apart as the Thinking Anti-Establishment artist. I know he's not weak by any stretch, but I was onto him before mainstream. To the mainstream, his whole vibe got ? up and no one at his label seemed to want to correct it probably because he IS Mr. ? the Establishment.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is some truth, i think he woulda been just fine if he just aint say it. instead he announced it, it prolly came off as "im not gon curse so im better" made him look corny
  • Original_Skin
    Original_Skin Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options

Not really it was something different. I think when he made a comment about not cursing I was like what! !!! But heard the new album and didn't notice it until I was listening to a track and was like that bar should have said ? or ? .

And ? who wouldn't want will Smith fan base. People would ? to have eminen,will Smith and other big stars fan base.

I really like the mixtape messiah tapes he put out. But yes he got in the game and had a plan set up if it didn't go well.

Also a lot of people thought he lost cause he let his house went into foreclosure but I heard that's the thing to do if you got money @Sion can you explain that one.
    I mean I know rich folks play by a totally different set of rules than common folk.

you right about the fanbase argument, he may could have pulled a pitbull and went from street to pop. i don't even think that is necessarily what he was going for, tho
  • Original_Skin
    Original_Skin Members Posts: 276 ✭✭✭
    Options
    @KNiGHTS and @Peezy_Jenkins : true, i think there may have been a perception of him becoming a lil bit corny. at least that's how it was for me. I may be biased tho cuz I grew up on the SUC and SwishaHouse.

"the candy berry drop sitting outside the Mariot is what got yo miss very hot tryna give me dat hairy spot"- Cham was that dude back then man
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks Members Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GunTown wrote: »
    Always been a big fan of Cham

Top 5 G.O.A.T Southern Hip-Hop Artist key word being 'Artist'

1. Z-Ro
    2. B.o.B
    3. Chamillionaire
    4. Rich Homie Quan
    5. ? -C

• KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @KNiGHTS and @Peezy_Jenkins : true, i think there may have been a perception of him becoming a lil bit corny. at least that's how it was for me. I may be biased tho cuz I grew up on the SUC and SwishaHouse.

"the candy berry drop sitting outside the Mariot is what got yo miss very hot tryna give me dat hairy spot"- Cham was that dude back then man

Very corny. I was watching all these white media heads "debate" about why rappers can say ? and curse all day, then Cham announces out of nowhere he'll stop using them (think he said both; definitely said he'd stop cursing).

He just looked like he got guilt tripped into the ? even if it was on his mind beforehand. He should've just did it.
  • GunTown
    Options
    Top 5 best ever Technical Lyricists/MC's/Spitters from the South

1. Andre 3000
    2. T.I.
    3. Big Boi
    4. J Cole
    5. Scarface

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I wanted to listen to chamillionaire where would I start.
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I wanted to listen to chamillionaire where would I start.

well his first 2 albums mate...or the first mixtape messiah
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1. Z-Ro
    2. B.o.B
    3. Chamillionaire
    4. Rich Homie Quan
    5. ? -C

ro and ? on the same list with bob and homie quan. WTF?? troll much?
  • GunTown
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

1. Z-Ro
    2. B.o.B
    3. Chamillionaire
    4. Rich Homie Quan
    5. ? -C

ro and ? on the same list with bob and homie quan. WTF?? troll much?

My opinion key word being my

B.o.B is 1 of my fave Artists ever and his music is perfection to me
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Being from Dallas I grew up on his early ? ....from 98-2005 Cham couldn't be ? with....the ? had a greatest freestyles/flows album that was a double disk back in 04 that had over 75 flows on it....he hadn't even sign to universal yet when that came out

Everything he put out after sound of revenge was hit or miss...Cham never cursed that much to begin with....but when he put out an edited album and came out and publically said it was edited like he was looking for a pat on the back while hiphop was getting blasted by everyone from Oprah to Fox News all at once I think that turned some fans off. Dude had an unheard ? C verse that was edited on the album....you can't edit ? c lol.....he said stores like Wal Mart put that pressure on him to edit the album because they threaten not to sell it if he didn't.....