? _Caesar wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Man future carved his own lane.

Nobody music sounds like this ? ? . I swear u ? dont go to clubs or drive do u? Whos bumping how to ? a butterfly while they riding?nobody thats who.....whos gettin ready to hit the city and listening to illmatic? Nobody (nas my favorite rapper by the way) . Future makes music for the turn up and good time.

the bolded is the most tired argument from future fans on this site. ? not bumping super lyrical rap riding through the city. When im riding around town on a nice day i will bump classic hits from all regions from the 90s and 2000's. a few hits from today but mostly older ? because hip hop "hits" nowadays aint really ? .

At the same time that doesn't make futures ? music better. Its mostly the beats that make those songs its not future. The ? is straight doo do grits when it comes to being catchy. Pharell hopped on move that dope and made that song a hit it wasn't futures troy average ass verse.

To each his own. Future music is dope 2 ME. Just puts me in a good mood. If dude was dirt hed be gone by now though. I dont expect anything lyrical from him just a dope beat,good hook, and his flow. Guarantee 1 of ur favorite rappers has a future feature

How yall say that 56 nights aint fucjing dope. ? bangs from front to end

Lol at the bolded just because you are in the industry for a while doesn't mean your music isn't trash. If that was the case DJ khaled would be long gone. Allot of ? rappers have released 3 or 4 albums and they all trash. Staying in the industry is all about connections and networking with DJs which to his credit future appears to do.

Also i know future ain't super lyrical but what makes his songs catchy on the level of other eras hits? His ? sound like a crying robot and isn't innovative at all. ? talm about "Future Hendrix McCartney got his own lane he innovative!" But he ain't anything new or innovative.

Name 1 time dj khaleed kicked a 16? Hes a dj/producer

Give me 1 rapper that has been constantly coming with hits for 6 years and featured on everybody else ? that everyone considers wack? Like i said ur favorite rapper ? with his music or they wouldnt feature him. Wack ? gettin a kanye west feature? A Rihanna feature? A wayne feature?

you are avoiding the question. what makes future so innovative? What is he doing better than other hook/hit makers? Sure he could be featured on this song or that song but that doesn't mean ? to the question.

I never said he was innovative but he did birth all these singy rappers out. He aint a musical genius but his music is dope

But you did say future quote "carved his own lane". So before future spit a single bar no rappers were singing/trap rapping? Thats what i don't get about these ? all gassed up on future. I understand the beats get you turnt up because he be having some dope producers make dope beats. But when ? call him Prince future jackson hendrix-wonder and act like his music is revolutionary and hes has his own hov lane in the rap game its ? .

Niggad call him future hendrix and future vandross because he calls himself that ? . Aint body comparing him to them guys. U saod it in ur own statement ,u understand listening for his beats and production. Exactlt why i listen to him. Dude makes catchy turnt up music lol. Im not saying dude is a ? legend who ahould get his own biopic movie.

but again you said he has his own lane: that is false

another ? said he was innovative: that is false and 4 pages into this thread nobody can support this claim

it's just funny because anytime you ask a future fan to come up with reasons on why future is dope they don't actually have reasons they either

1. spin it and say "don't everyone drive around listening to krs one and nas"

2. "man you guys don't go to the clubs!"

just because future be on some stupid 1st grade reading level raps doesn't mean you can play dumb when people ask you for reasons why you like him. like i said earlier ? don't like future they like the producers and sound engineers behind his bars.

I'll try and elaborate when I get home but it seems like you're hating on him just BECAUSE other people like him. If I think he's creative then that means that I think he's creative. I don't have to PROVE his creativity to you just because you don't see what I see

This is just Young Thug/Atl hate thread #5797. If y'all weren't speculating on his sexuality all the time then this would be how y'all would hate on him.

Once again. If you don't like him, great. But why should I have to validate my musical choices just for you?

lol at waiting till you get home on some book report ? . this is a hip hop forum my ? . if you are not going to come with actual supporting details on why you (notice i didn't have to put that in all caps) like future i am really not sure why you signed up for the IC lol.

this has nothing to do with sexuality of yung thug when did i ask about that? i i was actually asking (in normal font not all caps) to give me supporting details on why future is so innovative and dope. still waiting for someone to explain this like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0mQeLWCCo

Right now I'm in the gym posting in between sets...

I think you're taking this whole thing too seriously

lol you posting on the IC between sets my ? maybe you the ? taking this too seriously. When i am working out i work out im not outchea debating on the IC between workouts and ? lol.
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    You dont listen to future because you swaggerless. Future Hendrix make that swag music. Future and young scooter got the streets on lock right now.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trigga T wrote: »
    Stiff wrote: »
    Who was singing on trap ? like Future does before him?

We got a tonne of trap rap ? but I'm struggling to think of anyone actually singing trap like Future!? (I'm ready to stand corrected tho).

Also as far as dude who said he ain't got no quotable hooks like other ? have...
    "racks on racks on racks"
    ".....at the same damn time"
    "Ain't no way around it"
    "U.O.E.N.O" (Yes it was Rocko song but Futute prolly came up with that hook.)

...Can't tell me you ain't heard ? n ? say them ? .

On the Atlanta scene there were a lotta ? who started playing with autotune/ rapping sing-songy between 2008-2010

The first one that was kind of popular with it that I remember was Skooly from the rich kids but you may not have heard of him if you not from here.

I was born and lived in Spalding County until I was 4 but got cousins in the A who basically are my main plug for anything up & coming music wise, only get back to the south or State side once a year if I'm lucky now. But I have heard of the Rich Kidz, mainly cause I know Jody Breeze freestyled that Partna Dem joint they did.

Aside from the life story tho...those cats didn't trap sing like Future does from what I remember? And Future was dropping mixtape a around '10/'11...

Skooly was the only one that would really sing and nah I'm not tryna say he birthed Future's style because Future got his own lane going for him but he was kinda in that same pocket to an extent

Future took a sound that was bubbling in Atlanta and built from it
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future makes great music
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    T-Pain is a legend too. Yall just have terrible taste in music.
  • Trigga T
    Trigga T Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who was singing on trap ? like Future does before him?

We got a tonne of trap rap ? but I'm struggling to think of anyone actually singing trap like Future!? (I'm ready to stand corrected tho).

Also as far as dude who said he ain't got no quotable hooks like other ? have...
    "racks on racks on racks"
    ".....at the same damn time"
    "Ain't no way around it"
    "U.O.E.N.O" (Yes it was Rocko song but Futute prolly came up with that hook.)

...Can't tell me you ain't heard ? n ? say them ? .

On the Atlanta scene there were a lotta ? who started playing with autotune/ rapping sing-songy between 2008-2010

The first one that was kind of popular with it that I remember was Skooly from the rich kids but you may not have heard of him if you not from here.

I was born and lived in Spalding County until I was 4 but got cousins in the A who basically are my main plug for anything up & coming music wise, only get back to the south or State side once a year if I'm lucky now. But I have heard of the Rich Kidz, mainly cause I know Jody Breeze freestyled that Partna Dem joint they did.

Aside from the life story tho...those cats didn't trap sing like Future does from what I remember? And Future was dropping mixtape a around '10/'11...

Skooly was the only one that would really sing and nah I'm not tryna say he birthed Future's style because Future got his own lane going for him but he was kinda in that same pocket to an extent

Future took a sound that was bubbling in Atlanta and built from it

I can't 100% say what was happening before Future popped, but I do think Future has this trap singing lane all to himself (Again, whether he truly birthed a style is up for debate) n I'm not saying dude is the GOAT, but I certainly don't think he's trash. His energy is clear for all to see and like any artist he's going to have his haters. We can't all like the same stuff after all.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of future I been one since like 2010-2011 back when his mixtapes were running atl

I've been to Birthday Bash the past 4 years in a row mainly because of future. I think he makes great music and he's also one of the most creative artists out right now

And on top of that future is a part of his own production team. He adds stuff to the beats that are made for him

He also has a mixtape with Gucci called Freebricks and iirc future did a lot of production work on it

If you don't like him great but all this music elitist stuff is petty. Especially since the majority of y'all don't even know how to play an instrument much less make a popular song

How you gonna call people musical elitist then discount opinions based on people not being able to play instruments themselves? That's the definition of an elitist. That don't got ? to with judging the quality of music.

That was to show the hypocrisy of you guys

White people thought jazz was trash until they learned the music theory behind it, now it's literally the best artform to come from the country according to them

All I'm saying is don't pop off especially when you don't known what you're talking about.

His music is melodic. People vibe with melodic music. Why is that so confusing to some of you guys
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlie_ wrote: »
    Oh here comes irony with his super power "i rhymes, i rhymes with skill, and i rhymes consciously".

Those conscious rhymes dont get no pwussy like future do.

@Charlie_ baby..

What does Future hafta do with me & my rhymes?

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember a while ago someone made a thread in here about his (then) latest song "? " and thread was full of people sayin he was wack as ? and he just wasnt going to stick around after a few months, now everybody feels like dickridin' dude.
    I dont know man, to me he's just a dude that sings in hooks sometimes, might listen to him when i get bored with whatever else im listening to.
    http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/501147/and-the-worst-hip-hop-song-of-2013-goes-to-updated/p1
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of future I been one since like 2010-2011 back when his mixtapes were running atl

I've been to Birthday Bash the past 4 years in a row mainly because of future. I think he makes great music and he's also one of the most creative artists out right now

And on top of that future is a part of his own production team. He adds stuff to the beats that are made for him

He also has a mixtape with Gucci called Freebricks and iirc future did a lot of production work on it

If you don't like him great but all this music elitist stuff is petty. Especially since the majority of y'all don't even know how to play an instrument much less make a popular song

How you gonna call people musical elitist then discount opinions based on people not being able to play instruments themselves? That's the definition of an elitist. That don't got ? to with judging the quality of music.

White people thought jazz was trash until they learned the music theory behind it, now it's literally the best artform to come from the country according to them

All I'm saying is don't pop off especially when you don't known what you're talking about.

His music is melodic. People vibe with melodic music. Why is that so confusing to some of you guys

lol please don't compare futures music learning curb to jazz b lmaooo. 95% of the appeal to his music is the actual production which is done by the DJ not future. He can't sing without effects and his hook writing is troy average.

Future Fans be like: Man Jimi Hendrix got hate for playing the guitar upside down future will overcome this!
  • LouboutinGawd
    LouboutinGawd Members Posts: 314 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thugga is the hottest ? in the souf right now. But Future Sinatra make good music
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Atl hiphop>>>>> new york hip hop in 2015.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He is a dope artist. The biggest thing he does for me with his music is set the atmosphere like ? C/Fat Pat used to do for me. This is southern players music. He makes me want to wear something fresh,put my best colonge and jewelry on. roll up a few fat blunts, stunt with a 32 Oz cup full of mt.dew hop in my truck and ride out.

His whole approach is organic. Yall biased east coast ? will give (pbuh) all kinds of credit for singing off key and free styling sing songy. Well future does the thing ODB does. He belts out all his melodies naturally. No rehearsed ? . He also transitions from multisyllable flow to singing seamlessly in his track. Everything he puts out is coming directly from mind and soul. Once again REAL ? music.

His production fits perfect with him like Zaytoven/Gucci. His music does not wear on your ears because it isn't forced and over produced without chemistry. He has made numerous tapes that generally are unskipable because it is perfect combination of artist input, producer creativity and engineer keen ear.

Future makes social able music. This not for you elitist ? with headphones. This is for strip clubs, hole in walls, bbqs. This music for us truck ? that like to crawl around city with windows down turning women heads. I have flirted with a couple women at stop light cause I'm rockin out to some future song they know all words getting Crunk. What yall ? know about smoking a blunt with windows down stuck in slow crawl Houston traffic near downtown skyline bumping finessin so ? loud the battery light and alternator failure indicators are blinking and everybody else vibing along. ? like that gives me life and get my mind off the crazy world we live in.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? been too consistent

he been droppin hits for the last six years, year after year same style

he in his own lane, his own wave

his ? like that james brown movie........"that dont make sense musically"

"but does it sound good, thats all that matters"

and his ? sounds good

everything in atl over the years has been a fad, in one year out the next

look at roscoe dash, migos aint really on ? nowadays, 2 chains aint really hittin on ?

future still shititn on ? , consistently and still goin

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    What I don't understand is how ? on here will basically think they better then you only cuz you think this dope! Like you can't listen and like other ? too. That's why these so
    Called hip hop heads aren't really hip hop head s
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Future's been the leader of this autotune sing-rap trap movement. T-Pain put ? on to the voice but Future perfected the style of marrying that voice to hard trap beats and now almost everyone in the trap music scene has been influenced by him.

I enjoy it for what it is. If you want conscious boom bap music go elsewhere. Hip-Hop has as many sub-genres as Rock now, no-one's gonna like it all.

Like French Montana, I prefer when he's mostly on the hook and a real MC is trashing the verses like Pusha T on Move that Dope or Senorita on dat new Vince Staples. I will say that I enjoy his verses more than Montana's, just cuz Future will play around with the triple time flow while Montana will try n act like he really spittin profound bars lol ? gtfoh
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He got a street team n he official n he got bangers tha hood love em say less… look up ? sprite
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

lol please don't compare futures music learning curb to jazz b lmaooo. 95% of the appeal to his music is the actual production which is done by the DJ not future. He can't sing without effects and his hook writing is troy average.

Future Fans be like: Man Jimi Hendrix got hate for playing the guitar upside down future will overcome this!

Ok then you got it, SuperFuture is as bad as you think he is. You win

Now what?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Future's been the leader of this autotune sing-rap trap movement. T-Pain put ? on to the voice but Future perfected the style of marrying that voice to hard trap beats and now almost everyone in the trap music scene has been influenced by him.

I enjoy it for what it is. If you want conscious boom bap music go elsewhere. Hip-Hop has as many sub-genres as Rock now, no-one's gonna like it all.

Like French Montana, I prefer when he's mostly on the hook and a real MC is trashing the verses like Pusha T on Move that Dope or Senorita on dat new Vince Staples. I will say that I enjoy his verses more than Montana's, just cuz Future will play around with the triple time flow while Montana will try n act like he really spittin profound bars lol ? gtfoh

This kinda brings up an interesting point...in a way the hip hop "nation" is more compact than Rock is. There's hella rock artists that really ? rock fans probably would never have heard of because it's a whole different sub-genre then what they're in to. In Hip-Hop/Rap everything is more blended together and more tight knit so people are exposed to more elements of the culture that they don't like and feel more of a need to comment on it..

Like there's no such thing as a "Rock" forum I bet...there's Punk Rock forums..or heavy metal forums..or a..i don't kno what other types of rock there are but u get what im saying

There's no trap forums...and there's probably some little boom-bap forums out there but nothing major...all the major rap forums/blogs/sites are just catch-all "Hip Hop"
  • robblr86
    robblr86 Members Posts: 405 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? aint gotta listen to lyrical hiphop all the damn time...Future is good for making feel good/catchy music that's relevant. Like that earlier ? said.."different strokes for different folks."
  • robblr86
    Options
    I swear ? stuck in the late 90s early 2000s NY rap...that era is over...move on
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    Thugga is the hottest ? in the souf right now. But Future Sinatra make good music

Barter 6 is a sleeper and it's gonna get it's praise in the Future(lol) but I think this trio of mixtapes that Future put out has pushed him back out front for the time being. He should name the album 3peat

Even Thug is biting Future a lil bit right now
    http://www.hulkshare.com/lomapesao_com/yo-gotti-ft-young-thug-rihanna
  • robblr86
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Atl hiphop>>>>> new york hip hop in 2015.
    NY music sounds like ATL music in 2015...whenever I visit NYC, it feels like im still in the south when i'm listening to the radio or at the club
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    I ? with Thugger and Barter 6 is right but Future running ? right now hands down