2015 MLB Thread (Offseason Pages 1-28)

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That cards vs pirates game was dope last night.Cards went up 2 in the top of the 10th game looked like it was over pirates score 3 in the bottom of the 10th and won wit mccuthchen going 0-5 they're only 2.5 games behind now
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    starting to worry about getting no hit today

Arrieta always has 1-2 innings where he either walks batters or gives up a few hits/runs no matter how nasty he looks his control fluctuates,he has no hit stuff but you gotta be sharp for 9 innings to do that not 6-7

he threw 7 pitches last inning

with the wind blowing in and arrieta not working too hard its tough to see them score 2 runs off him

That's our ACE

nod6w6.png

To be fair to Lester I think he's tryin to live up to that contract he's pressing imo,he'll settle in eventually

that trade for arrieta and strop might go down as theo's best trade

even though his numbers do look respectable a better lester in the second half could serve as an acquisition in its own right -- i wouldnt be too concerned with him either -- the bigger issue right now is run support
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

Arrieta always has 1-2 innings where he either walks batters or gives up a few hits/runs no matter how nasty he looks his control fluctuates,he has no hit stuff but you gotta be sharp for 9 innings to do that not 6-7

with the wind blowing in and arrieta not working too hard its tough to see them score 2 runs off him

That's our ACE

nod6w6.png

To be fair to Lester I think he's tryin to live up to that contract he's pressing imo,he'll settle in eventually

even though his numbers do look respectable a better lester in the second half could serve as an acquisition in its own right -- i wouldnt be too concerned with him either -- the bigger issue right now is run support

Yea he gets 0.5 run support per start over the last 2 months.Lester usually has one bad inning where he gives up 2-3 runs then he's lights out but gets no run support so he takes the L.The cubs offense is the biggest issue right now the pitching is holding it down.

I keep reading the padres about to sell I'd be cool wit shields or upton for the right price.With baez and la stella rehabbing now may be the time to sell on castro even tho I'd hate to see castro traded It just seems like it's inevitable he's gone whether this trade deadline or winter.
  • ckfree
    Options
    i would be all for doubling down because this pitching is good enough to win if the white sox could just score some runs -- problem is -- that -- i dont know how theyre going to make this offense even league average for the remainder of the season -- it would take at LEAST two average to good position players and i dont think the white sox are willing to deal what it would take to get that from their system or if they even have it smh

it was nice seeing them play better ball, especially defensively but this club needs positional talent and with how samardzija is pitching he should be able to yield back something better than a 2nd round compensation pick
  • ckfree
    Options

That's our ACE

nod6w6.png

Yea he gets 0.5 run support per start over the last 2 months.Lester usually has one bad inning where he gives up 2-3 runs then he's lights out but gets no run support so he takes the L.The cubs offense is the biggest issue right now the pitching is holding it down.

I keep reading the padres about to sell I'd be cool wit shields or upton for the right price.With baez and la stella rehabbing now may be the time to sell on castro even tho I'd hate to see castro traded It just seems like it's inevitable he's gone whether this trade deadline or winter.

at this point i would be cool trading castro and moving russell to ss and sliding baez to 2b

thing is though you know theo knows you dont trade players while they are at their lowest value -- i think castro is more likely to get traded if he starts to hit in the second half -- you gotta give teams reason to believe they are getting a good player

unless some team out there is high on him because if they come low balling then nah ? that
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

That's our ACE

nod6w6.png

at this point i would be cool trading castro and moving russell to ss and sliding baez to 2b

thing is though you know theo knows you dont trade players while they are at their lowest value -- i think castro is more likely to get traded if he starts to hit in the second half -- you gotta give teams reason to believe they are getting a good player

unless some team out there is high on him because if they come low balling then nah ? that

Yea and castro historically hits better in the 2nd half which is why this winter is more realistic.I keep hearing on the radio or local beat writers suggest baez is the one who should be traded cuz "he's not one of theo's guys" baez and castro are the last notable players from the hendry era,and I personally think baez ceiling is higher than castro and russells who be looking like darwin barney 2.0.

+ Imo baez is better than castro defensively(forget the errors in the minors I'm talking about how he played 2b and ss when he was called up last year) and maddon is big fan of him so he has that working in his favor.I want to see schwarber and baez up in september so we can see all these cats in the line up at the same time

I hope that hr derby is rained out,not tryna see rizzo and bryant in that ?
  • ckfree
    Options

That's our ACE

nod6w6.png

Yea and castro historically hits better in the 2nd half which is why this winter is more realistic.I keep hearing on the radio or local beat writers suggest baez is the one who should be traded cuz "he's not one of theo's guys" baez and castro are the last notable players from the hendry era,and I personally think baez ceiling is higher than castro and russells who be looking like darwin barney 2.0.

+ Imo baez is better than castro defensively(forget the errors in the minors I'm talking about how he played 2b and ss when he was called up last year) and maddon is big fan of him so he has that working in his favor.I want to see schwarber and baez up in september so we can see all these cats in the line up at the same time

I hope that hr derby is rained out,not tryna see rizzo and bryant in that ?

thats true castro has turned things around before -- thats the thing with him -- everybody know he talented but its his inconstancy thats frustrating -- i have a feeling hes one of these players who if you rely on him being more than a secondary player/presence then it will always lead to disappointment

now baez may turn out to be the free swinger who expands the strike zone chasing bad pitches like castro but at least he wont be passive when playing routine ? -- even in the errors baez made he aggressively charges the ball whereas castro just looks like he dont give a ? one too many times

inconsistent hitting is one thing inconsistent fielding is another -- cant be both
  • ckfree
    Options
    the home run derby is still one of the worst sporting events that i continue to watch
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLB and NFL all star stuff is the WOAT
  • ckfree
    Options
    cubs got two participants in the HR derby and still cant score runs
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't even lie, that first rd with fielder/Frazier was nice
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Final between Frazier & Pederson was nice
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That. Was. Fun.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Derby tonight along with the influx of all these new young stars will help baseball. This was more exciting than the dunk contest by far.
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They tried to drain out the boos for Pete Rose lol
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
    They were yellin peteeee lol reds fans kept it 100 booing cards players lol
  • Miltown Marauder
    Miltown Marauder Members Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ciara ? up the National Anthem
  • Angeles1son85
    Options
    Ciara ? up the National Anthem

Lmaooo not even 5secs in she had that fuking up look already was adjusting her ear piece
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trout got all the tools a great Baseball player is supposed to have. Size, speed, plate discipline, power, range on defense. The White Sox need a young position player of that caliber
  • ckfree
    Options
    the white sox should trade every available part they can and try to replenish the system

what they really need though is a total restructuring of every part of their organization -- it would be easier if jerry and or kenny just went away -- they eventually will -- the younger generation wants no part of baseball so it will not surprise me to see the team for sale after jerry passes
  • ckfree
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »
    The Derby tonight along with the influx of all these new young stars will help baseball. This was more exciting than the dunk contest by far.

word

leagues always getting dogged for not fixing flailing events

so mlb does deserves credit for altering the hr derby and making it way more watchable
  • Tommy bilfiger
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Montero to the dl wit that thumb injury.Cubs calling schwarber up again he'll probably be up for the rest of the season unless he struggles

Mike Leake would be an ideal trade deadline pickup that's the kind of mid rotation starter the cubs could use don't want hamels unless the phillies demands drop