Why Future get so much love?

Options

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    murdap wrote: »
    Atl hiphop>>>>> new york hip hop in 2015.

Subjective opinion.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    murdap wrote: »
    Atl hiphop>>>>> new york hip hop in 2015.

Subjective opinion.

Ny rap is boring as ? . I like joey badass and asap ? but thats bout it
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    south4life wrote: »
    Because he is an affiliate of The Dungeon Family, so he gets respect for coming from the same fam as Outkast, Goodie Mob and Organized Noize.

That makes it worse. Much worse. Look at that list... Now look at Future... Notice a discrepancy in skill level? I do.

How you gon be a DF affiliate with T-Pain's throwaways and struggle bars? When I heard he was DF, I automatically thought we was gonna be the truth. I found out he was a lie.

Maybe I'm wrong for holding him to a higher standard. Iono. His music does nothing for me.

Lol i agree, I thought he would at least match with Big Gipp hell he doesn't match with Cool Breeze
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this remind me of the thread, what do Kendrick Lamar have that bishop Lamont didn't have :-S

the answer to this thread.. i guess future be going 2 da moon on ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NA1OUMA23I
    What I don't understand is how ? on here will basically think they better then you only cuz you think this dope! Like you can't listen and like other ? too. That's why these so
    Called hip hop heads aren't really hip hop head s

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    ? _Caesar wrote: »
    Man future carved his own lane.

Nobody music sounds like this ? ? . I swear u ? dont go to clubs or drive do u? Whos bumping how to ? a butterfly while they riding?nobody thats who.....whos gettin ready to hit the city and listening to illmatic? Nobody (nas my favorite rapper by the way) . Future makes music for the turn up and good time.

the bolded is the most tired argument from future fans on this site. ? not bumping super lyrical rap riding through the city. When im riding around town on a nice day i will bump classic hits from all regions from the 90s and 2000's. a few hits from today but mostly older ? because hip hop "hits" nowadays aint really ? .

At the same time that doesn't make futures ? music better. Its mostly the beats that make those songs its not future. The ? is straight doo do grits when it comes to being catchy. Pharell hopped on move that dope and made that song a hit it wasn't futures troy average ass verse.

To each his own. Future music is dope 2 ME. Just puts me in a good mood. If dude was dirt hed be gone by now though. I dont expect anything lyrical from him just a dope beat,good hook, and his flow. Guarantee 1 of ur favorite rappers has a future feature

How yall say that 56 nights aint fucjing dope. ? bangs from front to end

Lol at the bolded just because you are in the industry for a while doesn't mean your music isn't trash. If that was the case DJ khaled would be long gone. Allot of ? rappers have released 3 or 4 albums and they all trash. Staying in the industry is all about connections and networking with DJs which to his credit future appears to do.

Also i know future ain't super lyrical but what makes his songs catchy on the level of other eras hits? His ? sound like a crying robot and isn't innovative at all. ? talm about "Future Hendrix McCartney got his own lane he innovative!" But he ain't anything new or innovative.

Name 1 time dj khaleed kicked a 16? Hes a dj/producer

Give me 1 rapper that has been constantly coming with hits for 6 years and featured on everybody else ? that everyone considers wack? Like i said ur favorite rapper ? with his music or they wouldnt feature him. Wack ? gettin a kanye west feature? A Rihanna feature? A wayne feature?

you are avoiding the question. what makes future so innovative? What is he doing better than other hook/hit makers? Sure he could be featured on this song or that song but that doesn't mean ? to the question.

I never said he was innovative but he did birth all these singy rappers out. He aint a musical genius but his music is dope

But you did say future quote "carved his own lane". So before future spit a single bar no rappers were singing/trap rapping? Thats what i don't get about these ? all gassed up on future. I understand the beats get you turnt up because he be having some dope producers make dope beats. But when ? call him Prince future jackson hendrix-wonder and act like his music is revolutionary and hes has his own hov lane in the rap game its ? .

Niggad call him future hendrix and future vandross because he calls himself that ? . Aint body comparing him to them guys. U saod it in ur own statement ,u understand listening for his beats and production. Exactlt why i listen to him. Dude makes catchy turnt up music lol. Im not saying dude is a ? legend who ahould get his own biopic movie.

but again you said he has his own lane: that is false

another ? said he was innovative: that is false and 4 pages into this thread nobody can support this claim

it's just funny because anytime you ask a future fan to come up with reasons on why future is dope they don't actually have reasons they either

1. spin it and say "don't everyone drive around listening to krs one and nas"

2. "man you guys don't go to the clubs!"

just because future be on some stupid 1st grade reading level raps doesn't mean you can play dumb when people ask you for reasons why you like him. like i said earlier ? don't like future they like the producers and sound engineers behind his bars.

I'll try and elaborate when I get home but it seems like you're hating on him just BECAUSE other people like him. If I think he's creative then that means that I think he's creative. I don't have to PROVE his creativity to you just because you don't see what I see

This is just Young Thug/Atl hate thread #5797. If y'all weren't speculating on his sexuality all the time then this would be how y'all would hate on him.

Once again. If you don't like him, great. But why should I have to validate my musical choices just for you?

lol at waiting till you get home on some book report ? . this is a hip hop forum my ? . if you are not going to come with actual supporting details on why you (notice i didn't have to put that in all caps) like future i am really not sure why you signed up for the IC lol.

this has nothing to do with sexuality of yung thug when did i ask about that? i i was actually asking (in normal font not all caps) to give me supporting details on why future is so innovative and dope. still waiting for someone to explain this like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP0mQeLWCCo

Right now I'm in the gym posting in between sets...

I think you're taking this whole thing too seriously

lol you posting on the IC between sets my ? maybe you the ? taking this too seriously. When i am working out i work out im not outchea debating on the IC between workouts and ? lol.

I can do that because I know what I'm doing

Do you?
  • xxCivicxx
    Options
    this remind me of the thread, what do Kendrick Lamar have that bishop Lamont didn't have :-S

the answer to this thread.. i guess future be going 2 da moon on ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NA1OUMA23I

I just saw this. You get a GOAT

The first time I ever went to bday bash Future played this to a sold out Phillips Arena crowd and it was live enough to make me go back for the past 3 years in a row
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so im gonna download 56 nights (didn't know it was the mixtape title either) and ill get back to you ?
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all them years in the dungeon paying off
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks Members Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so im gonna download 56 nights (didn't know it was the mixtape title either) and ill get back to you ?

don't bother
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I first got Grand theft auto V back in 2013 and I first heard that track from future "How it was" that ? got me hype ? ,turn the volume all the way up one that ? .
    http://youtu.be/aQo8ai-2c0Y

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    Trigga T wrote: »
    Who was singing on trap ? like Future does before him?

We got a tonne of trap rap ? but I'm struggling to think of anyone actually singing trap like Future!? (I'm ready to stand corrected tho).

Also as far as dude who said he ain't got no quotable hooks like other ? have...
    "racks on racks on racks"
    ".....at the same damn time"
    "Ain't no way around it"
    "U.O.E.N.O" (Yes it was Rocko song but Futute prolly came up with that hook.)

...Can't tell me you ain't heard ? n ? say them ? .

On the Atlanta scene there were a lotta ? who started playing with autotune/ rapping sing-songy between 2008-2010

The first one that was kind of popular with it that I remember was Skooly from the rich kids but you may not have heard of him if you not from here.

I was born and lived in Spalding County until I was 4 but got cousins in the A who basically are my main plug for anything up & coming music wise, only get back to the south or State side once a year if I'm lucky now. But I have heard of the Rich Kidz, mainly cause I know Jody Breeze freestyled that Partna Dem joint they did.

Aside from the life story tho...those cats didn't trap sing like Future does from what I remember? And Future was dropping mixtape a around '10/'11...

Skooly was the only one that would really sing and nah I'm not tryna say he birthed Future's style because Future got his own lane going for him but he was kinda in that same pocket to an extent

Future took a sound that was bubbling in Atlanta and built from it

Kwony Cash was the first one I heard doing it
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of future I been one since like 2010-2011 back when his mixtapes were running atl

I've been to Birthday Bash the past 4 years in a row mainly because of future. I think he makes great music and he's also one of the most creative artists out right now

And on top of that future is a part of his own production team. He adds stuff to the beats that are made for him

He also has a mixtape with Gucci called Freebricks and iirc future did a lot of production work on it

If you don't like him great but all this music elitist stuff is petty. Especially since the majority of y'all don't even know how to play an instrument much less make a popular song

Wtf are you talkin bout? Even when ? give you valid reasons of why someone is wack, you knuckleheads come with the same responses every time. "Music elitists, blah, blah... No one wants to hear Nas at the club, blah, blah... It goes hard in the club/whip, blah...." So predictable.

I play the alto, soprano, and tenor sax, the trumpet and guitar. And I rap. Well, I might add. Now what? Even though that don't have ? to do with anything. I listen to RHQ, Migos, and Ty$. Now what? Those artists do what Future does better than he does -- so why do we need him again?

And that Dungeon Fam affiliation doesn't help him in the least bit.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited July 2015
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan of future I been one since like 2010-2011 back when his mixtapes were running atl

I've been to Birthday Bash the past 4 years in a row mainly because of future. I think he makes great music and he's also one of the most creative artists out right now

And on top of that future is a part of his own production team. He adds stuff to the beats that are made for him

He also has a mixtape with Gucci called Freebricks and iirc future did a lot of production work on it

If you don't like him great but all this music elitist stuff is petty. Especially since the majority of y'all don't even know how to play an instrument much less make a popular song

How you gonna call people musical elitist then discount opinions based on people not being able to play instruments themselves? That's the definition of an elitist. That don't got ? to with judging the quality of music.

That was to show the hypocrisy of you guys

White people thought jazz was trash until they learned the music theory behind it, now it's literally the best artform to come from the country according to them

All I'm saying is don't pop off especially when you don't known what you're talking about.

His music is melodic. People vibe with melodic music. Why is that so confusing to some of you guys

Knowing how to do something doesn't mean you're gonna enjoy it more though. It just means you know how it was put together. Yes Future's music is melodic that don't mean it's gonna sound good to everybody and everybody don't wanna hear no mumble mouthed raps about drowning your sorrow's over your baby momma leaving you into a cup of lean and xanax. ? just ain't appealing to everyone...and no it aint because I want to ride about bumping super lyrical ? all the time because I personally consider ? C one of the best rappers ever but I know the ? ain't the "best" on the technical side.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We got a tonne of trap rap ? but I'm struggling to think of anyone actually singing trap like Future!? (I'm ready to stand corrected tho).

Also as far as dude who said he ain't got no quotable hooks like other ? have...
    "Ain't no way around it"

On the Atlanta scene there were a lotta ? who started playing with autotune/ rapping sing-songy between 2008-2010

The first one that was kind of popular with it that I remember was Skooly from the rich kids but you may not have heard of him if you not from here.

I was born and lived in Spalding County until I was 4 but got cousins in the A who basically are my main plug for anything up & coming music wise, only get back to the south or State side once a year if I'm lucky now. But I have heard of the Rich Kidz, mainly cause I know Jody Breeze freestyled that Partna Dem joint they did.

Aside from the life story tho...those cats didn't trap sing like Future does from what I remember? And Future was dropping mixtape a around '10/'11...

Skooly was the only one that would really sing and nah I'm not tryna say he birthed Future's style because Future got his own lane going for him but he was kinda in that same pocket to an extent

I always hear people say that but i was never up on kwony cash like that
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    IC logic: either you like dumb mumble autotune rap or you are a hip hop elitist.

I grew up listening to the jeezys and TIs and killer mikes outkast etc etc. I just don't ? with these future and yung thug awkward i box lefty ? in the current atl drag queen rap scene.

ATL hip hop in 05 > Modern ATL hip hop
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

"Ain't no way around it"

This. Kwony Cash can actually sing too, but Future took it to another level.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IC logic: either you like dumb mumble autotune rap or you are a hip hop elitist.

Nah you be all up in threads of ? you don't like. You don't like Future but you be in dam near every Future thread telling ? how much you don't like him. You don't like Young Thug but you be all up in dam near every Young Thug thread. You don't like Young Money but you all up in ym threads...I think that's got more to do with hip-hop elitism than your taste in music.
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

Wtf are you talkin bout? Even when ? give you valid reasons of why someone is wack, you knuckleheads come with the same responses every time. "Music elitists, blah, blah... No one wants to hear Nas at the club, blah, blah... It goes hard in the club/whip, blah...." So predictable.

I play the alto, soprano, and tenor sax, the trumpet and guitar. And I rap. Well, I might add. Now what? Even though that don't have ? to do with anything. I listen to RHQ, Migos, and Ty$. Now what? Those artists do what Future does better than he does -- so why do we need him again?

Ok so once again, you don't like Future. No one is forcing you to

You'll never force me to stop liking Future's music so I really don't know why you guys even keep responding to my posts and trying like somehow you're gonna debate me into hating on him. You didn't give any valid reasons why Future is wack and you couldn't if you tried

You just admitted to liking a lot of artists that Future inspired so again, what is you guys' issue with other people liking Dude? Oh you like Future? Why? That's a ? reason because I'm on some elitist bully-type ? right now". How you gonna say RHQ does what Future does better when Future created RHQ and RHQ basesd his early sound on Future?

And for the record I literally play all of those instuments as well as percussion tuba baritone clarinet and piano and I'm actually strongest on trumpet and guitar

And I'll say this again: Let's say that y'all are right and Future is wack. What now? What's the point of trying to bully people out of liking Future?
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what is so "creative" about future

"man that future song about movin that dope was so creative" - said nobody ever

but you like jeezy?
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

How you gonna call people musical elitist then discount opinions based on people not being able to play instruments themselves? That's the definition of an elitist. That don't got ? to with judging the quality of music.

That was to show the hypocrisy of you guys

White people thought jazz was trash until they learned the music theory behind it, now it's literally the best artform to come from the country according to them

All I'm saying is don't pop off especially when you don't known what you're talking about.

His music is melodic. People vibe with melodic music. Why is that so confusing to some of you guys

Knowing how to do something doesn't mean you're gonna enjoy it more though. It just means you know how it was put together. Yes Future's music is melodic that don't mean it's gonna sound good to everybody and everybody don't wanna hear no mumble mouthed raps about drowning your sorrow's over your baby momma leaving you into a cup of lean and xanax. ? just ain't appealing to everyone...and no it aint because I want to ride about bumping super lyrical ? all the time because I personally consider ? C one of the best rappers ever but I know the ? ain't the "best" on the technical side.

Like I said before if y'all don't like Future great. Wonderful. Why are you trying to get other people to join in your dislike? You should be confident enough to stand by your own opinions without needing to recruit. That goes for everybody on this thread
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Nah you be all up in threads of ? you don't like. You don't like Future but you be in dam near every Future thread telling ? how much you don't like him. You don't like Young Thug but you be all up in dam near every Young Thug thread. You don't like Young Money but you all up in ym threads...I think that's got more to do with hip-hop elitism than your taste in music.

nearly every poster on the IC goes in threads of artists they ? with and threads of artists they don't ? with. So tomp only is in nas threads? Nah hes in both nas and hov threads. Bcotton be in the oddest non wayne threads dickriding wayne same with many other posters here. This is a forum where people share opinions facts etc etc. If ? didn't debate and go in threads bringing a non dickriding opinion this site would be boring as ? .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

but you like jeezy?

hell yeah he makes the same type of southern trap music but it flows better hits hard. it also doesn't have that crybaby autotune ? either. his hits/bangers are miles beyond any future joint. I used to listen to all them mid 2000s mixtapes and albums back in the day.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »

but you like jeezy?

hell yeah he makes the same type of music but flows better hits hard. his hits/bangers are miles beyond any future joint. I used to listen to all them mid 2000s mixtapes and albums back in the day.

whats the last jeezy record you heard on the radio
  • xxCivicxx
    Options

nearly every poster on the IC goes in threads of artists they ? with and threads of artists they don't ? with. So tomp only is in nas threads? Nah hes in both nas and hov threads. Bcotton be in the oddest non wayne threads dickriding wayne same with many other posters here. This is a forum where people share opinions facts etc etc. If ? didn't debate and go in threads bringing a non dickriding opinion this site would be boring as ? .

You're not debating you're trying to force your opinion on people.

You be in threads telling other people that their personal opinion of an artist is wrong