All my life I grew up misinformed on Farrakhan

Options

Comments

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    @bgoat I'm not saying that this is The case but maybe Steve's rep went behind his back too and once Steve got wind he was like "? it, if he can pull it off then I'll ride"

That might be some shady ? but that's no reason to hate the man. The only completely righteous being I know is Jesus anyway. It's going to have to take some really foul ? to throw me off. I'm far from Green but I try to be objective, honest, and optimistic too.

I'm far from righteous, but I practice treating people how I want to be treated. The ? is not hard at all.
  • bgoat
    Options

The Donahue interviews with Farrakhan are the best!! The white folks hated him and didn't even know why, just had to make ? up. "Look how you're looking and talking to us"
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    I am against the '? Al! ? Jessie!' movement, but Farrakhan is different.

He may have played a part in getting Malcolm killed. If so, that is unforgivable. Period.

And his antisemitism is really quite problematic.

elaborate.....if you can

He has said some antisemitic ? , and antisemitism is wrong.

That's all I'm gonna say right now.
  • bgoat
    Options

He may have played a part in getting Malcolm killed. If so, that is unforgivable. Period.

You probably need to hear what he has to say about this.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »

What did he say?
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

elaborate.....if you can

What he say?
  • bgoat
    Options

What did he say?
    Just a quick google search.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/farrakhan-admission-on-malcolm-x/
    Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan admits in a 60 Minutes interview broadcast Sunday and reported on Wednesday's CBS Evening News that his incendiary rhetoric played a role in the 1965 assassination of civil rights leader Malcolm X.

Farrakhan makes the statements to Malcolm X’s daughter, Atallah Shabazz, and 60 Minutes Correspondent Mike Wallace.

"I may have been complicit in words that I spoke leading up to February 21 [1965]," Farrakhan tells Shabazz and Wallace. "I acknowledge that and regret that any word that I have said caused the loss of life of a human being."

Shabazz later issued a statement thanking Farrakhan for acknowledging his role and said: "I wish him peace." However, she did not forgive him.

Malcolm X was only 39 years old when he was killed. This month, he would have been 75.

The former Malcolm Little was Farrakhan's mentor in the Nation of Islam—for a time, they both believed that the white man was evil and that the black and white races should live separately.

In 1964, Malcolm X revealed publicly that Elijah Mohammed, the leader of the Nation of Islam, was guilty of impregnating several of his teenage secretaries, in direct violation of his own preachings against sex outside of marriage.

Farrakhan was outraged. He called Malcolm X a traitor and wrote, two months before the killing, that "such a man is worthy of death."

Three men with ties to the Nation of Islam were convicted in the slaying in the Audubon Ballroom in Harlem on Feb. 21, 1965.

Shabazz, then 6, witnessed the shooting, as did Malcom X's wife and other children.

Farrakhan has denied ordering the assassination but later admitted to having "helped create the atmosphere" that led to it.

(Source: Information Please, Encyclopedia Britannica)size>
    He was still speaking negatively about Malcolm X seven years ago.

However, Farrakhan, who has battled prostate cancer and other health problems, has struck a more conciliatory tone in recent years.

Earlier this year, Farrakhan publicly embraced W. Deen Mohammed, son of Elijah Muhammad, in an attempt to heal wounds that have split U.S. Muslims into factions.

Talks about the meeting between Farrakhan and Shabazz became serious around the time last year that Farrakhan was diagnosed with cancer, from which he is now recuperating.

The Nation of Islam leader's four-hour meeting with Shabazz and Wallace, organized at her request, took place at Farrakhan's home in Arizona.

Farrakhan told them that he "truly loved" Malcolm X and carried his picture after his death. Shabazz's body visibly stiffened, arms crossed over her chest, when Wallace quoted from Farrakhan's writings about Malcolm X before he died.

At one point in the interview, Farrakhan talked about the government, which had been spying on Malcolm X and other black leaders, as also playing a role in the murder.

Farrakhan said that the U.S. government spied on black leaders and were concerned about a "black messiah" who could unite the community. "This is bigger than the Nation of Islam," he said.

Shabazz, however, clearly laid the lion's share of the blame on members of the Nation of Islam.

Struggling to keep control of her emotions, Shabazz said that while she believed the FBI had something to do with her father's death, it was young black men who shot him.

"You can't keep pointing fingers," she said. "My father was not killed from a grassy knoll."

Farrakhan said: "I wish that Malcolm X were alive today, and not dead. Yes, it is true that black men pulled the trigger. We cannot deny any responsibility in this. Where we are responsible, where our hands are a part of this, we beg ? 's mercy and forgiveness."

"I genuinely hope that perhaps a healing can come to Miss Shabazz and her family," he continued.

Shabazz issued a statement this week.

"He's never admitted this before publicly," she said. "Until now, he's never caressed my father's children. I thank him for acknowledging his culpability and I wish him peace."

Shabazz's mother, Betty Shabazz, who died in 1997, had publicly accused Farrakhan of a role in the murder. She reconciled with him after her daughter Qubilah was charged in 1994 with lotting to hire a hitman to ? him. The charges were later dropped.

Shabazz told Wallace: "I did not know if I wanted to sit across from him. I didn't know if my heart could handle it."

A Nation, Divided
    Timeline:
    the Nation of Islam

1930…Temple of Islam founded in Detroit by W. D. Fard.

1934…Elijah Muhammad takes control of 8,000-member group. Membership expands rapidly in the 1950s and 60s.

1952…Malcolm X (Malcolm Little) becomes Muslim minister after release from prison.

1963…Malcolm X suspended from Nation of Islam for comments on JFK assassination.

1964…Malcom X breaks from Muhammad.

1965…Malcolm X assassinated.

1975…Elijah Muhammad dies. His son, W. Deen Muhammad, assumes leadership.

1978…Dissident group headed by Louis Frrakhan, opposed to Muhammad's integrationist leanings, breaks off and calls itself the Nation of Islam.

1983…Farrakhan assists briefly in Rev. Jesse Jackson's presidential campaign.

1995… Qubilah Shabazz accused of plotting to murder Farrakhan. Farrakhan organizes Million Man March.

2000…Farrakhan and W. Deen Muhammad reconcile.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    '? Al Sharpton
    ? Jesse Jackson
    ? Steve Harvey
    ? Obama
    ? black pastors
    ? black church'

Yaaay El Chapoooo! Llls

Bill Cooper was that ? ! (he of the debunked UFO files fame)

Notice a trend? That's why generally i say ? ...nggas nh Dudes is clowns man

Your ? showing bruh
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Farrakhan needs a biopic on his life in the nation of Islam meeting Elijah and Malcolm etc.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    luke1733 wrote: »
    Al Sharpton is the first who comes to mind. It's become really popular to say Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson make me sick.
    The truth on a lot of what they've done is actually helping black people.
    Example 1: Al Sharpton is called by people to help publicize a case that otherwise would not get media attention. He does not call victims and ask to represent them. Al Sharpton finds attorneys for families and investigates backgrounds of certain politicians/racists and brings them to the media.
    He also defends black points of views and voices black concerns on media by debating with white journalists for over 35 years.
    He also goes to different politicians and solicits votes for them by saying "hey, I can get you 1,000 or 5,000 black votes if you promise to do this, this and this for black people," and holds that politician accountable.
    He also ran for president but was not taken seriously. Also was stabbed for speaking and marching against a crime he thought jews perpetrated. He then went to court and begged the court to have mercy on the person who stabbed him and allow him to go free.

Example 2: Jesse Jackson (besides saying I'd cut Obama's ? off)
    He has been responsible for many civil laws and laws effecting economics that kept blacks from getting loans or people in certain districts, with no law degree he and his push organization has gone to court and won countless cases on discrimination.
    He's also known in Chicago for telling businesses and forcing the city to hire blacks and produce loans for black businesses.
    He also ran for president and was competitive. He also was supposed to be like one of the NFL's first black quarterback's and turned an entire career down to march with Dr.King

Both of them, I can't think of anything negative they have said or actually done against the black community.

Farrakhan is probably still the most powerful black man in America for black people and has been for over 30 years. Why not say Obama? Obama is 2nd to Farrakhan bc he has to consult with the Senate, House and compromise with countries and himself. Obama can change the world so he is the most powerful black man in the world for the world.
    Farrakhan is the most powerful black man in America for black people b/c he compromises with noone, he is self made, he does and says what he wants and finances thousands with schools, businesses (I think the Nation of Islam is the longest and oldest running minority business in America's history), and has private security that can be hired out; along with doing deals and business with other nations in the world. Farrakhan has been and is about BLACK people. As a black man, due to my current and past positions of my history, I can't care about anyone speaking on other people. Our own house needs to be in order and Farrakhan speaks to my house and I'm christian.

If Obama speaks to black people in America and tries to concentrate on them, he might be impeached for prejudice.

false
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

elaborate.....if you can

I see.

Say,what was your previous username here...?
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

elaborate.....if you can

Until yall get in control of your finances it doesn't matter who preaching to u
  • A Talented One
    Options

What did he say?

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan admits in a 60 Minutes interview broadcast Sunday and reported on Wednesday's CBS Evening News that his incendiary rhetoric played a role in the 1965 assassination of civil rights leader Malcolm X.

Farrakhan makes the statements to Malcolm X’s daughter, Atallah Shabazz, and 60 Minutes Correspondent Mike Wallace.

"I may have been complicit in words that I spoke leading up to February 21 [1965]," Farrakhan tells Shabazz and Wallace. "I acknowledge that and regret that any word that I have said caused the loss of life of a human being."

Shabazz later issued a statement thanking Farrakhan for acknowledging his role and said: "I wish him peace." However, she did not forgive him.

Malcolm X was only 39 years old when he was killed. This month, he would have been 75.

The former Malcolm Little was Farrakhan's mentor in the Nation of Islam—for a time, they both believed that the white man was evil and that the black and white races should live separately.

In 1964, Malcolm X revealed publicly that Elijah Mohammed, the leader of the Nation of Islam, was guilty of impregnating several of his teenage secretaries, in direct violation of his own preachings against sex outside of marriage.

Farrakhan was outraged. He called Malcolm X a traitor and wrote, two months before the killing, that "such a man is worthy of death."

Three men with ties to the Nation of Islam were convicted in the slaying in the Audubon Ballroom in Harlem on Feb. 21, 1965.

Shabazz, then 6, witnessed the shooting, as did Malcom X's wife and other children.

Farrakhan has denied ordering the assassination but later admitted to having "helped create the atmosphere" that led to it.

However, Farrakhan, who has battled prostate cancer and other health problems, has struck a more conciliatory tone in recent years.

Earlier this year, Farrakhan publicly embraced W. Deen Mohammed, son of Elijah Muhammad, in an attempt to heal wounds that have split U.S. Muslims into factions.

Talks about the meeting between Farrakhan and Shabazz became serious around the time last year that Farrakhan was diagnosed with cancer, from which he is now recuperating.

The Nation of Islam leader's four-hour meeting with Shabazz and Wallace, organized at her request, took place at Farrakhan's home in Arizona.

Farrakhan told them that he "truly loved" Malcolm X and carried his picture after his death. Shabazz's body visibly stiffened, arms crossed over her chest, when Wallace quoted from Farrakhan's writings about Malcolm X before he died.

At one point in the interview, Farrakhan talked about the government, which had been spying on Malcolm X and other black leaders, as also playing a role in the murder.

Farrakhan said that the U.S. government spied on black leaders and were concerned about a "black messiah" who could unite the community. "This is bigger than the Nation of Islam," he said.

Shabazz, however, clearly laid the lion's share of the blame on members of the Nation of Islam.

Struggling to keep control of her emotions, Shabazz said that while she believed the FBI had something to do with her father's death, it was young black men who shot him.

"You can't keep pointing fingers," she said. "My father was not killed from a grassy knoll."

Farrakhan said: "I wish that Malcolm X were alive today, and not dead. Yes, it is true that black men pulled the trigger. We cannot deny any responsibility in this. Where we are responsible, where our hands are a part of this, we beg ? 's mercy and forgiveness."

"I genuinely hope that perhaps a healing can come to Miss Shabazz and her family," he continued.

"He's never admitted this before publicly," she said. "Until now, he's never caressed my father's children. I thank him for acknowledging his culpability and I wish him peace."

Shabazz's mother, Betty Shabazz, who died in 1997, had publicly accused Farrakhan of a role in the murder. She reconciled with him after her daughter Qubilah was charged in 1994 with lotting to hire a hitman to ? him. The charges were later dropped.

Shabazz told Wallace: "I did not know if I wanted to sit across from him. I didn't know if my heart could handle it."

A Nation, Divided
    Timeline:
    the Nation of Islam

1934…Elijah Muhammad takes control of 8,000-member group. Membership expands rapidly in the 1950s and 60s.

1952…Malcolm X (Malcolm Little) becomes Muslim minister after release from prison.

1963…Malcolm X suspended from Nation of Islam for comments on JFK assassination.

1978…Dissident group headed by Louis Frrakhan, opposed to Muhammad's integrationist leanings, breaks off and calls itself the Nation of Islam.

1995… Qubilah Shabazz accused of plotting to murder Farrakhan. Farrakhan organizes Million Man March.

I have seen this before. I meant a deeper involvement than use of " incendiary rhetoric." But, arguably, that too is unforgivable.

If I had to bet, I would bet that he at the very least knew about the plan to ? Malcolm.
  • bgoat
    Options

What did he say?

A Nation, Divided
    Timeline:
    the Nation of Islam

I have seen this before. I meant a deeper involvement than use of " incendiary rhetoric." But, arguably, that too is unforgivable.

If I had to bet, I would bet that he at the very least knew about the plan to ? Malcolm.

I believe our government had X killed. Always have, always will.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1:15:01-1:19:24 is the reason i love minister farrakhan. lucy>>>>>>>>white supremacy
  • a.mann
    Options
    _? _ wrote: »

elaborate.....if you can

Until yall get in control of your finances it doesn't matter who preaching to u

and ? 's sake
    please explain what that has to do with his comment about of Farrakhan's (alleged) antisemitism
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

elaborate.....if you can

It is problematic in a country where most of the power comes from the Jewish community. I'm not saying Farrakhan should be kissing anyone's ass, but you can t be on mainstream TV, hollerin "? Jews" and all that other ? . Arsenio ended up a sacrificial lamb cause of that ? .

As far as I go, Al and Jesse are posers half the time, but they're not the problem. Farrakhan had something to do with Prince Malcolm getting killed. ? him forever. ? the NOI, too.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Farakhan is a treacherous ? . As is Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson. All three are tools of the media and you fel for the trap.

No other group gets played with these false race leaders. Never heard the term "White leader" in my life, why is that? It's a way to pigeon-hole our opinions. Wasn't like this in the past which is why social ? got done pre-70's. MLK definitely was the face of the Civil Rights era, but you still had tons of other prominent people. Black peopel should be libertarian anyway, but we're constantly pushed towards the Dems by this BS. None of these parties care about us.

Stop praising these false idols.
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We should forgive Brother Farrakhan tho. If what y'all say is true about our Leaders then who's to say that Malcolm wasn't comprised or going to be comprised?

Be consistent.

And if that's the case it sounds like y'all are looking for a White Savior
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What did he say?

A Nation, Divided
    Timeline:
    the Nation of Islam

Wow @ this and Steve Harvey

But ima go wit this bein worse. Just a hunch.

But thats how sheep nggas do tho. Once it becomes a running joke or theme, nggas don't budge when given new information. So let them tell it Farrakhan is honorable , but Steve Harvey giving women bad advice makes him forever a '? '
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »
    I would hear all of this bad ? about him. How he's this and that, how he popped such n such. You know, all of the ? people under 28 heard growing up.

But dude is like a "savior" of some sort. Makes me wish I had did my own research on him instead of just go along with "popular perception".

So it makes me wonder. Who else gets a bad rep?

Voodoo.

If all black people In the Americas and the Caribbean disbanded Christianity and Islam for Vodun the world would be scared shitless.

It ain't all about poking dolls with pins and crazy ? the media portrays it to be.
  • a.mann
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

elaborate.....if you can

It is problematic in a country where most of the power comes from the Jewish community. I'm not saying Farrakhan should be kissing anyone's ass, but you can t be on mainstream TV, hollerin "? Jews" and all that other ? . Arsenio ended up a sacrificial lamb cause of that ? .

As far as I go, Al and Jesse are posers half the time, but they're not the problem. Farrakhan had something to do with Prince Malcolm getting killed. ? him forever. ? the NOI, too.

Ok,you obviously never actual listened to the minister's speeches on Jews.
    His "gripe"...a legitimate one .....has always been with the Zionists

considering what is going on in Israel,and their systemic "pogrom" of Palestinian people
    nothing Farrakhan has said seems THAT outrageous and egregious

How the hell is this ""other ? ""????

This isn't being anti semitic, it's just a historic fact

Farrakhan tells the truth about zionist jew rothchilds and the banksters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m58uchF4Qs

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    judaism and zionism are not the same things. i have no beef with the jews but the zionist are wrong as hell. what the zionist are doing in palestine is just as wrong as what europeans did in south africa. farrakhan doesnt need me to speak for him but i think he is ? at the zionist not the jews and i feel the same way.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have no luv or respect for Jesse .
    I truly believe he, along with ERNEST WITHERS was in on the plot to ? MLK.

• phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    I have no luv or respect for Jesse .
    I truly believe he, along with ERNEST WITHERS was in on the plot to ? MLK.

How you figure that? What would he have to gain...

Unless you think he feel for the okie doke during infiltration on some Cointel-Pro ? . Like some white folks promised him a "spot at the table".

Could be true but that's just speculation. It's also a slight reach