Mobb Deep Proclaims Itself "Greatest Hip Hop Duo Of All Time"

Options

Comments

• T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    I never listened to an Eightball & MJG album but when I heard them rhyming with mc ren my ears perked up and i was pleasantly surprised because I thought theyd be wack............

http://youtu.be/XdFF3zhCVA0

http://youtu.be/oqZLQSjK8tw
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    And I stopped paying attention to that Louis Devinear dude when I heard his ? ass music.

I didn't see this. But thanks for listening. Appreciate you homie.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    Nobody has 3 ? classics

? going be weirdos forever

I beg to differ, Southernplayalistic, ATLiens & Aquemini. How is that weird or absurd?

Those may be personal classics for you

No place for that here

There is not one artist/group with 3 classics

Classics are amazing, classics change the game, classics impact seemingly the Whole culture

Just cause somebody drop a good album doesn't make it a hip hop classic imo

That waters down the label

U didn't explain how callin those 3 albums classic is absurd.
    Yes I did

GRODT is classic. Everyone remembers that wave. Outkast nor anyone else has experienced that 3 times
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atliens was putkast best album. Mobn Deep l's music is dope to me cuz it has that east coast feel. When you bumping Mobb Deep G.O.D part 3 in those cold New York nights its real. Although i like Smif n Wessun then Mobb Deep.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outkast i meant damn mobile.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody has 3 ? classics

Outkast has 3 classics
  • ChiBulls87
    ChiBulls87 Members Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Options
    Naw it's Outkast and Tribe (Tip and Phife).

Thought and Malik were beasts also b4 Malik got on that ? ..... Wish Nas and AZ did a duo album like BlackStar.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Nobody has 3 ? classics

Outkast has 3 classics

Your entitled to think that
  • R.D.
    Options
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never listened to an Eightball & MJG album but when I heard them rhyming with mc ren my ears perked up and i was pleasantly surprised because I thought theyd be wack............

Yeah they tight, 8 Ball the better of the 2

What threw me off was the 1st time i heard MJG rhyme was on a solo song he had i think it was called "That Girl" (BET use to to play the hell outta that video). I didnt like it and i just wrote them off because i thought that was their style, and that they were just another Southern group trying to hard to be PoP.
    ....but that MC Ren song immediately changed my opinion about them
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Nobody has 3 ? classics

Outkast has 3 classics

Your entitled to think that

2423269999_hes20right20you20know_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What threw me off was the 1st time i heard MJG rhyme was on a solo song he had i think it was called "That Girl" (BET use to to play the hell outta that video). I didnt like it and i just wrote them off because i thought that was their style, and that they were just another Southern group trying to hard to be PoP.

Whenever u got time listen to their album on top of the world, many topics on there
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Whenever u got time listen to their album on top of the world, many topics on there

On top of the World and Comin out hard are personal classics to me. Hell I even love MJG's first solo album No more glory. Personally, I think that MJG>>>>>>>8ball.
  • jon0hyfbg
    jon0hyfbg Members Posts: 194 ✭✭
    Options
    moyo wrote: »
    They're a great group but in my opinion. Outkast, 8ball and MJG an UGK>>>>>>>>>
    hav and ? on that ? . besides the names quoted you got M.O.P. , D.P.G., I think you got too many folk outta that era to make that claim. Thats a bold one. Not even Face willing to say Geto Boys the best group ever
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really trying to say boring ass Mobb Deep is better than Outkast?
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobb Deep got like 2 hot songs that most people know about. Outkast got over a dozen hot songs most people know about. Outkast way > than Mobb. Don't even know how this discussion made 7 pages.
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    IgboNegro wrote: »
    ? really trying to say boring ass Mobb Deep is better than Outkast?

No most people are saying Mobb is #2 or 3 and Outkast is the goat
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Outkast are mostly known for doing that crossover pop song.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    5th Letter wrote: »
    ? C could sing, produce and Rap his ass off. To say he's over rated....wow

? C was an average at best rapper. Bun B was lyrically nicer.

Yes Bun was the Lyricist and ? was the rapper I.e. he rapped his ass off

Please don't hit me with the lyricist/artist comparison because that is a weak ass cop out.

*shrugs* Bun was the artist the MC. ? was the dude with mad quotes and sometimes he'd say something that made you rewind it. That's what made them a great duo
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of yall ? wasnt nuetral at all, Glad I grew up in the midwest in the 90s. I listened to and appreciated everything equally. Music was music no matter what coast or how popular.

If you dont think P and Hav didnt go nuts on the first three albums..... you aint pay attention at all.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobb Deep is definitely up there, but they are not the #1 duo in their own city, in my opinion. Plus they are 1 dimensional. Quiet Storm is the only major hit I can think of really.

Shook Ones?
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ball and g. ugk. daz and kurupt ? . mobb deep was cool but they had a mouth full of words that took too long to get to a single point from a rap lyrical perspective to me. that melodic flow was cool and they did drop some jewels but not top to me.
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I doubt ? gonna consider Pete Rock & CL Smooth a true duo, but tne Mecca & The Soul Brother album ? on most groups entire catalog.