Kendrick Lamar Isn’t Going To Stop Rapping The N-Word

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
BY HHE EDITORS · JULY 18, 2015

Kendrick Lamar sued blacker the berryThe N-word is less controversial in Hip Hop than it is in all other spheres of American life.

However, there is still some debate and unease over its usage in rap, especially from the genre’s more conscious emcees.

One would consider Kendrick Lamar in the conscious camp. But he’s not ready to give up “? ” anytime soon.

“The closest I can do to stopping is putting the root word, negus, on my album,” K.Dot told NME. “But I don’t know if I’m there mentally to stop saying the N-word yet. I dunno, maybe one day. That’s 27 years of reversing that word, I probably been saying that since I was one-year-old.”

What do you think of the N-word in Hip Hop?

Comments

• Nkombe
    Nkombe Members Posts: 114 ✭✭
    Options
    The majority of the "conscious" rappers I listen to say it. I don't know how this will serve him.
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    most used rap word
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so out of all the things kendrick said on that album the only thing some people want to nitpick on is that he said "? "?
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited July 2015
    Options

Us blks can use it if we want2 & Crackas can say it @ they own risk.....& if they get punched or killed 4 sayin it nnobody should feel sorry 4 them
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »

Us blks can use it if we want2 & Crackas can say it @ they own risk.....& if they get punched or killed 4 sayin it nnobody should feel sorry 4 them

shut the ? up mate, we all know you're one of these "crackas" you so constantly talk about. You're as black as snow
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options

shut the ? up mate, we all know you're one of these "crackas" you so constantly talk about. You're as black as snow

u talk like snow ? ?
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THANKS FOR SHARING
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Nah bruh, gee is Black
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont say ? that much, but I'm not bout to stop sayin it, because a bunch of white people are mad they cant say it. They're just going to have to deal with it.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't be serious about black progression when you still using ? as a term of endearment.

Or identifying as a ? .
  • 216atlran
    216atlran Members Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its flat out not a good word for us black people to use. It's not cool to use in songs or anything. Overall I shouldn't use it or anybody else. Too much blood on the word & we all know deep down its not right.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Its over used. Thats why other ethnicities are sometimes too comfortable with it. They hear Black rappers use it so much. Its not a word I use very much personally no need to...But its one of those go to words in rap that its like...you know what word goes there.
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Nah bruh, gee is Black

Ignore that white British ? let that male stalkin punk believe wat he wants
    216atlran wrote: »
    Its flat out not a good word for us black people to use. It's not cool to use in songs or anything. Overall I shouldn't use it or anybody else. Too much blood on the word & we all know deep down its not right.

The word ? is here 2 stay
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    most used rap word

I thought it was biiiitch....word to Todd Shaw
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its the word ? / ? that's holding us back, and not white supremacy.
    ? and ? been ? us over for the past 400years and not white supremacy ...

Anyways, Shout out to k.dot for dropping a much needed album.
    ? these ? ass ? man.
  • NoCompetition
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

? these ? ass ? man.

Im only responding because you gave my post a reaction. I wasnt saying all this just speaking on that particular word. I dont necessarily think it should be outlawed or anything but I dont really use it too much personally. I didnt say anything remotely like the bolded.

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

? these ? ass ? man.

Im only responding because you gave my post a reaction. I wasnt saying all this just speaking on that particular word. I dont necessarily think it should be outlawed or anything but I dont really use it too much personally. I didnt say anything remotely like the bolded.

Blk ppl got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger fish to fry, than some ? word.

• NoCompetition
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Ear2DaSt wrote: »
    most used rap word

Its actually a crutch for some rappers lol a lot of ppl dont notice cause its so prevalent but a lot of rappers would be lost If they werent able to use it which is sad.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My ? ...

We should all strive to be the greatest Negus we can be.

Black Excellence/Negus
  • Ear2DaSt
    Options