SAS: Where Is All The Noise About #BlackLivesMatter When Black Folks Are Killing Black Folks?

Options

Comments

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Whatever man. Who talking about Bmore now that the city isnt on the national news? Commissioner fired and dudes still getting killed in the city. Where the black lives matter activists? Where's the change?

The black lives movement activists are just as much as opportunists as the media they like to put there finger at.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I didn't hear Gov. Martin O'Malley's interview. And I'm not debating the significance of "Black Lives Matter." I'm a BLACK MAN! I know this.
    Nor am I focusing on O'Malley's words or context itself. That's really not the issue to me.
    The issue is: as much as attention was so desperately aimed towards "Black Lives Matter," where is all this noise when Black folks are getting killed in our communities every single day? Does it only matter when we're getting killed OUTSIDE OF OUR COMMUNITY, by folks who look differently than us?
    That was my point. It IS my point. It will REMAIN my point. And I'm not changing my position one bit.
    Whatever context O'Malley made in saying "All Lives Matter" is his issue to deal with. The same could be said for Hillary Rodham-Clinton when she alluded to that weeks ago. But it still does not negate the point that if we've reached a point where a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE is forced to apologize and engage in clarification when choosing to say "ALL LIVES MATTER" -- while a few Black Folks are allowed to reign terror throughout our own community by killing one another with nary a word said about it, then the problems that truly permeate the Black Community will never be resolved.
    It's the truth. Deal with it.
    No Black Man with a soul would dream of attacking the movement that is "Black Lives Matter." I'm certainly not doing any such thing. I never will.
    Just make sure I hear #BlackLivesMatter ALL the time.
    Specifically, when we're getting killed by one another

That's the whole message...gives a little more context. I still disagree and thinks it's a silly argument but it doesn't look as bad if you read the whole thing
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont necessarily disagree but his words will be used... Something you should keep in house

What is there not to disagree with...lol

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Lives Don't Matter.

Dylan Roof and the million of others like him, their lives do not matter to me!!
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    I don't understand why black people combat an agenda to help black people.

I wouldn't say it's really SAS trying to 'combat' the agenda to help black people. He made his comments as a way to say that we need to help ourselves too. Like 'We can't just point our fingers at them, and then not look at ourselves when we ? each other.'. He's just misguided as to what the actual difference is between blacks killing blacks and whites killing blacks.

I wasn't really paying attention too closely to the actual Twitter comments, but from what I saw Talib Kweli educated him on the difference and he shut the ? up. (Did he ? because he was tried of being slandered? Probably. But still.)

Some people are just ignorant about certain things. But I think there is a difference between being ignorant and being willfully ignorant. I don't think SAS is willfully ignorant.

Just my 2 cents.

Black people point the finger at themselves more than any race.

A personal problem that needs to be looked into more closely.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the last time SAS smith himself brought up black on black crime was when mike brown was gunned down. he basically said the same thing he said now. I don't know what dude does in his spare time. I would hope he speaks to kids in inner cities, detention centers and such and tell them to stay out of the streets. I would hope he takes part in marches and protests regarding black violence in his old community. and if there isn't one, he has enough power to assemble one himself

if not, he's talking out both sides of his mouth. criticizing blacks for not addressing violence in our communities while he follows suit

black on black crime is an issue. but people don't bring up this issue until blacks voice their frustrations on police killing innocent black men, women, and children. therefore it's nothing more than a deflection from the topic at hand
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man. What a ? idiot.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I wouldn't say it's really SAS trying to 'combat' the agenda to help black people. He made his comments as a way to say that we need to help ourselves to. Like 'We can't just point our fingers at them, and then not look at ourselves when we ? each other.'. He's just misguided as to what the actual difference is between blacks killing blacks and whites killing blacks.

I wasn't really paying attention too closely to the actual Twitter comments, but from what I saw Talib Kweli educated him on the difference and he shut the ? up. (Did he ? because he was tried of being slandered? Probably. But still.)

Some people are just ignorant about certain things. But I think there is a difference between being ignorant and being willfully ignorant. I don't think SAS is willfully ignorant.

Just my 2 cents.

SAS has been regurgitating the same tired rhetoric ever since the death of Trayvon Martin

And they've had the likes of Michael Eric Dyson on ESPN to discuss with SAS why police killings generate such outrage and the need for the black lives matters movement

Yet still he continues to perpetuate these falsehoods

I don't know why he continues to be obtuse and push this false narrative

Seems like deep down bruh resents blk people
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some ? hate nuanced thought. Either you agree with every word they say or you're a shoe shuffling ? .
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meester wrote: »

I wouldn't say it's really SAS trying to 'combat' the agenda to help black people. He made his comments as a way to say that we need to help ourselves too. Like 'We can't just point our fingers at them, and then not look at ourselves when we ? each other.'. He's just misguided as to what the actual difference is between blacks killing blacks and whites killing blacks.

Just my 2 cents.

Black people point the finger at themselves more than any race.

A personal problem that needs to be looked into more closely.

Part of the slave mentality that some can't shake
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Their are black people in the community who rally to stop the violence all the time but of course SAS wouldn't hear it,that is because he doesn't live in a black community and that is a topic that these "educated" blacks d
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't like to talk about
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wouldn't say it's really SAS trying to 'combat' the agenda to help black people. He made his comments as a way to say that we need to help ourselves to. Like 'We can't just point our fingers at them, and then not look at ourselves when we ? each other.'. He's just misguided as to what the actual difference is between blacks killing blacks and whites killing blacks.

Just my 2 cents.
    First off, he knows exactly what he's doing by using a platform like twitter to air out his own ppl. Black Lives Matters is strictly aimed at black lives taken by law enforcement, and the justice system just allowing it without repercussions. Its a justice issue. If SAS has a problem with the black lives matters movement then why wouldn't he speak directly to them to get a better understanding? Instead he uses twitter to undercut them and make a spectacle of this.

What SAS isn't saying is we dont have to deal with one issue at a time. If we speak out on police brutality, why would a ? come outta now where like "? that. we NEED to talk about drop out rates. That's the REAL issue". SAS is a corporate ?

#BlackLivesMatter...sometimes isnt catchy
    #BlackLivesMatterOnlyWhenKilledByLawEnforcement isnt catchy and its insensitive.

Why ? mad about being taken to task for something POSITIVE. its not like he said it was phony or it was stupid or he disagreed.

Its true. Black Lives need to matter all the time ajd regardless of who is killing who.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So black people don't talk about the crime rate in our communities amongst ourselves? (fyi over the past few decades crime rate has decreased and linked to education attainment, which has increased and still significantly trending forward)
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When people say things like this it kind of ironically demonstrates the necessity for "Black lives Matter"

Black people ? each often ( and as we all know intra-racial crime is most common because of the way society is segregated and black on black crime is comparable to white on white crime, socioeconomic differences yada yada yada)

But we have Black on Black crime...and we have all these stop the violence rallies. Who in here hasn't been to or witnessed a stop the violence rally??? America as a whole so doesn't give a ? about Black life that they think that we don't pay it any mind either.

The Black community DOES march against Black violence. America just doesn't give a ? about it.
  • bambu
    bambu Members Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Brothers is losing they lives....

They losing they minds.....

https://youtu.be/Vrfuq_gnroo
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This aint the place for that convo
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It feels like we're running around in a never ending circle with this ? . Same stuff happens in the same order every time. It's getting so tiring because it's like are people even learning anything? All we end up with is either people who might absolutely go there and get racked over the coals by a bunch of people, or they just won't say ? about it. Of course I don't have the answers but something has got to give man.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? SAS.. he gets called a ? everyday on twitter.. he been suspended by Espn a few times for his reckless commentary yet he Still says things to appease ppl who hate his guts, including his employer

? SAS
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Talib is on Twitter 100 hand slapping Ppl left and right with logic and facts.. ima post some tweets
  • Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Black lives don't equally matter to a lot of people, and given this, it makes sense to emphasize that black lives matter.

2. The killing of blacks by law enforcement officials is obviously very different from the killing of blacks by ordinary citizens.

1) I don't literally disagree with the slogan "black lives matter" but the emphasis isn't necessary even if it is true that some people care less about black lives than they do white or non-black lives. Black lives are unambiguously covered under " 'all' lives matter". Nobody can say "black lives matter" and then go out and ? black people, everyone can see that would be hypocritical. Likewise, no one can claim that "all" lives matter and then go out and ? black people, everyone can see that would be hypocritical. The people who don't care about black lives aren't chanting 'all lives matter' or if they are they're either being insincere or lacking in 'self-awareness' and you could have that same problem with some people who are chanting 'black lives matter'.

2) I agree, I don't think there's a fundamental difference but police officers are, ironically, supposed to protect law abiding black civilians and are paid to do just that (even if someone is breaking the law, unnecessary force and violence is wrong). Even when there's no question of guilt, they often escape manslaughter charges because they are police officers. Whites are also killed by police officers and 'black lives matter' doesn't cover them and they should be covered even if black people are disproportionately affected by police brutality, every single individual should be covered. 'All lives matter' kills multiple birds with the same stone.
    But no one says nothing when whites ? other whites.

This isn't necessarily a rebuttal to @Ajackson17 but 'no one' says anything when black people and police officers ? white people either. It's true that 'no one' says anything when whites ? whites but those same people probably won't respond to anti-white violence ('anti-white' not in the sense of being racially motivated but homicide cases where the victim happens to be white), whether it's carried out by white people, police officers or people of color, with 'white lives matter'. If white people did racialize or complain about whites being murdered by people they assume have a bias against white people (because they take especial offense to whites being murdered by non-whites or anyone who kills a white person because of their bias against whites ) other people would respond " how are you going to complain about non-whites victimizing whites when whites also victimize whites or take issue with anti-white prejudice when you don't say anything about anti-? or anti-Arab prejudice? Why care more about one injustice than the other?" and they would be right to.
    I don't see any white people getting slain by cops on the news....

Whites are unjustly killed by police officers. Those stories are arguably less likely to gain media attention because they're either not racially motivated or, if they are, many people don't believe that white people can be the victims of racism.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    It feels like we're running around in a never ending circle with this ? . Same stuff happens in the same order every time. It's getting so tiring because it's like are people even learning anything? All we end up with is either people who might absolutely go there and get racked over the coals by a bunch of people, or they just won't say ? about it. Of course I don't have the answers but something has got to give man.

The good book says you get taught the same lesson until you get the answer and change. Thing is, people need to learn what that answer is. Violence in rebuttal isnt the answer. It just kicks the can down the road. Peace only isnt the answer, because you become betas to people who think they're alphas.

To fight something stronger than you. You have to first admit to yourself that its stronger. You have to humble yourself. Find your bearing and move forward to gain the strength that defeats it.

Think about it, the US babysits Israel. Why?..there is the answer. But in order to get there we have to get right. Thats the part thats the most difficult to even talk about.