Thee Official Drake vs Meek Mill beef thread

Options

Comments

• bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    Where did this come from?

He probably found our Drake smashed Nicki before on the low.
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    INB4 meek says safaree was right
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn meek really did delete all pics of nicki off instagram
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Thread exposes a lot of the problems with this generation of fans.

Meek exposed the fact that Drake has writers and yall are mad at Meek?

? .

i mean if people knew this why it take meek gettin mad over a ? to expose him, that to me is hoeish. if drake had writers he shoulda been ridiculed for years. meek being his boy one week and exposing him the next and all these characters outta nowhere talm bout "we been knew" is just as wack AND plus fugazi imo.
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? .

i mean if people knew this why it take meek gettin mad over a ? to expose him, that to me is hoeish. if drake had writers he shoulda been ridiculed for years. meek being his boy one week and exposing him the next and all these characters outta nowhere talm bout "we been knew" is just as wack AND plus fugazi imo.

I don't know anything about what you're talking about. You're getting into the whys & intent behind ? . I don't give a ? abou that.

The fact of the matter is that Drake has writers.

All that other ? is extra.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    i wonder if meek has any lyrics bout snitching on his album, slightly ironic if so in a way
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

? .

I don't know anything about what you're talking about. You're getting into the whys & intent behind ? . I don't give a ? abou that.

how do we know this for a fact that drake has his rap bars written, just because meek and nicholas f said so? lol

thread may expose problems with this generation of fans, meek exposing this generation of so called street rappers
  •  i ro ny
    Options

? .

how do we know this for a fact that drake has his rap bars written, just because meek and nicholas f said so? lol

thread may expose problems with this generation of fans, meek exposing this generation of so called street rappers

Quentin Miller is the rapper/writer in question.

He's credited several times on "If You're Reading This Its Too Late".

Meek said he heard drakes verse on "RICO" with Quentin's reference vocals.

What else do you need?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    i saw the quentin miller credits, but as stated earlier, that doesnt mean he wrote rap verses, for all we know dude could have literally contributed one word. since when do ghostwriters get credits like that and put out there like that other than on kanye albums? and since when do team members of the alleged ghostwriter get on twitter like "yeah! this our shot now!"

idk anything about him talking about reference vocals tho, so hey could be true
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hahaha fake pages
  •  i ro ny
    Options
    i saw the quentin miller credits, but as stated earlier, that doesnt mean he wrote rap verses, for all we know dude could have literally contributed one word. since when do ghostwriters get credits like that and put out there like that other than on kanye albums? and since when do team members of the alleged ghostwriter get on twitter like "yeah! this our shot now!"

Homie, don't get rapped up in the technicalities of "ghostwriting".

Let's get this out of the way now. If you're in the same room as someone when a song is made and u make a suggestion, you're eligible for song writer credit.

Period.

Now that that's out the way, rappers have written whole verses for other rappers and have gotten credit for it. Examples:

Biggie wrote Queen ? for Kim.

Cam wrote Crush on You for Kim.

Rhymefest wrote the first verse of Jesus Walks, which was purchased by Kanye

Jay wrote Still DRE for Dre.

Royce wrote Tell Me for Puff.

These are still "ghostwritten" verses, regardless of the fact that they were credited.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? .

Why you care so much about why he did it? Outside looking in, it was corny as ? but so is having writers

Yall ? crying saying the same ? on every page "Meek is so foul, Drake still better"
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options

Homie, don't get rapped up in the technicalities of "ghostwriting".

Let's get this out of the way now. If you're in the same room as someone when a song is made and u make a suggestion, you're eligible for song writer credit.

Period.

Now that that's out the way, rappers have written whole verses for other rappers and have gotten credit for it. Examples:

Biggie wrote Queen ? for Kim.

Cam wrote Crush on You for Kim.

Rhymefest wrote the first verse of Jesus Walks, which was purchased by Kanye

Jay wrote Still DRE for Dre.

Royce wrote Tell Me for Puff.

These are still "ghostwritten" verses, regardless of the fact that they were credited.

bolded is exactly what im sayin, we dont kno if it was bolded or if he actually wrote and submitted bars. and your examples are from artists who have been known to receive verses from the jump, isnt drake allegedly getting verses different from a dr dre or puff getting verses, if it wasnt this wouldnt even be an issue
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

? .

Why you care so much about why he did it? Outside looking in, it was corny as ? but so is having writers

Yall ? crying saying the same ? on every page "Meek is so foul, Drake still better"

just tryna understand how respect is given for ? activities, this ? wouldnt even have been out if meek wasnt mad at nicki, nobody had the nuts to speak up until meek got upset at a ? . having writers is wack, yall dont see how thats just as wack if not moreso? or drake having writers outweighs that cuz its drake?
  • gum989
    gum989 Members Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In before "Meek seen out on the town with Taylor Swift".
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its a hot summer
This discussion has been closed.