Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many posts did this Ghostface vs Action bronson threads made together overall? 1500+ ?
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I went up to Boston last summer, my homie was bumpin his ? and sayin I should give it a shot, I thought he was extremely wack tho. He sound like Ghost, but raps about pastries, meatballs, and bowell movements and ? ... Not my cup of tea
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Bronson still has a career, ? ghost he don't rap like this no more.

Rap like what?

This is a good question, nobody has even asked bronson the net nerds just jumped on him.

Crackas gon ?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never really got into dude sounded too much like Ghost....Prolly why I dont listen to too much of these new rap cats, ? all sound alike
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AB is fun to listen to, but he never left me with anything enlightening to think about

When Ghost rocks the mic, his own slangauge was understandable enough to walk away with some sort of knowledge, or it will hit you later after a few more listens.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Action is dope ...has one of the best albums of the year out ... Puts on a great live show as well .... Unfortunately he ? with the wrong one lmao
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    never really cared for dude's music, never downloaded any of his ish
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked his music. that rare chandeliers project with the alchemist made me a fan

but the red flags appeared as soon as he got into an Twitter war with a. banks and said "so this is yall hero?" even talib and solange called him out in it and he back peddled

then he disrespected ghostface on live TV. now I'm hearing his earliest tracks where he said ? more times in one verse than j.cole does in one song

dude eventually showed his colors. don't think I can rock with him anymore
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nobody gave a ? when eminem ? on black people why would people care now?
    AB ain't eminem
  • Ear2DaSt
    Ear2DaSt Members Posts: 10,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    help him become more known ...
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bck145 wrote: »
    I don't think it matters at all...personally action is nothing special and the reviews of his albums don't lend me to believe that he has a long career ahead of him anyway....so to me it was only a matter of time before he faded off into the distance, it would be different if he was dropping solid albums

however young ppl might not even know who gfk is or if they recognize the name don't care that ghost is an old head, so if they are action fans they might not even care and still listen to action and go to his shows, but the fans of his that are wu tang fans seem to be taking sides and he'll lose those fans

Cosign.

Just to add on, I think Action could maintain a steady fan base of white teenagers, basically people that don't remember Ironman and Supreme Clientele and support him because he's white. Kinda how Eminem has a thick fan base even though Black people don't really ? with him.

Not saying its a good or bad thing but I think AB could maintain the same fan base as Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still gonna bump Action ?
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charlie_ wrote: »
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    [quot Water;8232576"]
    Just watched the ghost video and wow ghost is in his feelings, sending death threats because bronson said "he don't rap like this no more"? Ghost looking foolish bronson needs to go body slam that sensitive ? , oh and bronson has better music and is a better rapper, cry me a river you geeky ? , don't ? back in here and really break this ? down.

You've been sonned by so many different posters, including myself, I don't even know how you have the audacity to be in this muhfucka talking wreckless. You white boys is too G.damn comfortable for me. Hugh Grant type muhfucka. Foh.

No, Bronson has never done anything that can amount to Ghost, nor will he ever be capable of doing so. Ghost has been one of the most consistent rappers of all time. What Bronson got on his resumé that's ? wit that?

When did you son me? I just prefer bronsons music over ghosts, bronson is more fun ghost is too serious but I still like some of his ? too, the death threat video is lame as ? but your all blinded by your love for ghost and race, click the flag button as much as you want thats my opinion.

I think you are guilty of what you accuse others of.

Action Bronson A WHITE ARTIST STOLE a BLACK ARTISTS style, and delivery. You are apparently ok with this because, Action is White.

I personally don't see a need or care to support White artists who copy Black Artists. It's like dating a white Chick that has a big ass, and wears weave.

Well, @willywanker is white. So, he gotta go to bat for his people no matter how full ? he went in his argument.

Don't judge me by IC standards I side with the music I prefer not race.
    [/quote]

What you going to say next. Ghostface change his style to sound like Bronsons? If he can admit he was wrong, why can't you.? Stop making an ass out of yourself.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's A Wrap For Ghostface Whopper Jr...Broccolini Is Done Stick A Fork In That Fat ?
  • EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    I guess im in the minority. The ? was not out of hand what action said. Rappers think too highly of thier self.

This aint 94 w everything WU put out was insane...no diss to nobody, but it aint like

Ghost dropping hot ? on the reg.
    Big fan in all..but pointless as ? .

Ghost went all wwe!

If AB didn't sound like Ghost then the issue wouldn't be as big. But the fact that he sounds like Ghost makes this a problem..

This is like Kobe saying something absurd to Jordan.. You can't diss the teacher bro.. Respect your elders..
  • devilbdevil
    devilbdevil Members Posts: 24 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm sitting here laughin at all u sayin ghost ain't gon do nothin or Bronson will body slam him. ? they don't call him tony Starks ironman for nothin my g. He got his rep back when ur name meant somethin u couldn't just make up an absurd name like ? now. I personally seen ghost n cappa stomp out a ? who tried jackin caps chain. Don't b surprised if bronson get touched.
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gfk a old head I never listened to him or the wu
    Then again I never listened to Bronson either
    But there's alot of cats like me who don't listen to wu or ghost
    So I'm sure he'll be ok he probably going out like yellow wolf or mgk
    Always dropping music that only his core fans will support
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Youth won't give a ?
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    The more I think about it, the more Action Bronson comes off unoriginal.

Let's look at few things about his persona.

- Action Bronson raps about wrestling and food.
    - Ghost always references food in his raps + dude was holding it down for wrestling way back in the Apollo Kids video, when he was rocking the Championship belt.
    - Pun was also always rappin' about food

- Action Bronson tone and free association confabulation raps
    - I don't even have to go into detail about this regarding Ghost - who owns this style with a vengeance.

- Action Bronson always has pics of him doing the splits with his hands in the air - as seen on the Mr. Wonderful cover

debIyWS6Byc.jpg

- That was Pun's logo

big-pun-logo-psd-446069.png

- Action Bronson video for Strictly 4 My Jeeps show him playing basketball being the fat dude that can ball
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k_N94P4YpU

- Pun already did that in the Whatcha Gonna Do video with Fat Joe ballin'...pretty sure Bronson used the same location for the video too
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkE07I4p_ew

- Action Bronson has his little videos of him giving cooking tips
    - Ghost already did that with his Tips On Living series.

- Action Bronson had Asians getting it from behind while cleaning on Saaab Stories album cover
    - A year before, Ghost dropped his verse on New ? Flow, where he specifically mentioned "Asians get it from behind while they cleaning my wok".

I'm sure there's more, and i might be reaching with a couple of these, but this is just off the top of my head.

Now that you bring it up bronson always reminded me of pun in some way, you can see the influence in his delivery and voice but I don't think it's a bite, we all have influences and some people just sound/look alike, as far as pun always rapping about food I think your reaching, pun may have mentioned food "we do this dude while he slurping spaghetti" but for the most part pun was a gangsta rapper, and as far as bronson always taking pictures doing the splits thats a reach too, bronson did one picture that I know of in the splits position (that I know of I aint into looking at pictures of rappers) and it's not like pun invented the splits, even on the pun logo he's not fully doing the splits, but I can see what you mean he does remind me of pun alittle, ? can't believe how much I just typed.
  • power_wisdom
    power_wisdom Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bronson still has a career, ? ghost he don't rap like this no more.

You sound like a ? right now.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best 3 songs on the album. Camy got to be one of the smoothest hip hop tracks of all time. I played the ? out of this song. Used to have this ? in a loop whenever I was just lounging around the house chilling. After the smoke clears got to be one of my all time favorite GFK tracks. My ? RZA went the ? off on that track. The delphonics killed the hook. They seriously should have made a video for this. This should have been a wu tang song, perfect crew song.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess bronson didn't hear this song
    IRON MAN STILL ? ON'EM!
    And just for the ? of it, Ima throw in the best member of the wu
    ^G.O.A.T intro^
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On some real ? ...it couldve been a whole lot worse for Bronson.....
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'Big ass beard that one day I might set that schitt on fire' =))