Love Yourself: Female Talks Honestly About Her Body And Having Confidence!

Options

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Feelings in the thread
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This why she fat and don't give a ? , because ? still tryna ?

A woman's love of herself should have absolutely nothing to do with what ? wants to ? her. T
    RAPH wrote: »
    Westie wrote: »
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    I don't listen to women with weave that talk about self-love.

weaves is not a sign of self hate.

white women wear weaves and other races.

the reason women wear weaves is for convenience. natural hair needs to be styled often,.. around every 3 days. u can wear a weave for months and the maintenance of styles last longer than natural hair.

weaves stay in place and they dont sweat easily.

its not self hatred or black hatred to wear weaves.

in alot,of cases its smart maintenance. instead of burning out your hair with chemicals and hot irons. braid it and burn the weave

Other than Rachel Dolezal, white women certainly don't wear weaves that look like natural black womens hair.

I mean, how ridiculous would that look right? lol

Oh wait, just about as ridiculous as black women look when they wear blonde hair weaves or weaves with hair textures that primarily suit european women.

So yeah, that is indeed self hatred.

You didn't connect how weaves equal self hate. So far all you've said is black women with weave are emulating white women's hair. Accepting your natural state of hair (which most women do SOMETHING to alter btw) equals self love?

Huh? I didn't connect how weaves equal self hate?

Yeah, I believe I did that when I said that when I stated that when black women wear weave they are emulating white women's hair texture and or color.

If you go to a African American Beauty Supply Store to buy some hair, you won't find African American hair textures there to buy, but only Indian and European hair textures.

Now if that isn't a form of self hate, then what is? smh

Now you will find kinky weave hair actually.

And you shouldn't buy any weave from a beauty supply store btw, it's ? and cheap.

So...since all you did was equate a hair style with loving yourself, natural hair equals love of self? You didn't answer that.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the reason women wear weaves is for convenience. natural hair needs to be styled often,.. around every 3 days. u can wear a weave for months and the maintenance of styles last longer than natural hair.

in alot,of cases its smart maintenance. instead of burning out your hair with chemicals and hot irons. braid it and burn the weave

People who love themselves don't consider wearing somebody's hair self-love. If you really love yourself, then be yourself and look like yourself. Also, I never mentioned race in my original comment.
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These Chunky Brewsters Getting Brave Outchere
  • Westie
    Options

People who love themselves don't consider wearing somebody's hair self-love. If you really love yourself, then be yourself and look like yourself. Also, I never mentioned race in my original comment.
    Yall put entirely too much into a hair style. How would you, as a man, know what a woman is feeling when she styles her hair?
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A woman's love of herself should have absolutely nothing to do with what ? wants to ? her. T

Other than Rachel Dolezal, white women certainly don't wear weaves that look like natural black womens hair.

Oh wait, just about as ridiculous as black women look when they wear blonde hair weaves or weaves with hair textures that primarily suit european women.

You didn't connect how weaves equal self hate. So far all you've said is black women with weave are emulating white women's hair. Accepting your natural state of hair (which most women do SOMETHING to alter btw) equals self love?

Yeah, I believe I did that when I said that when I stated that when black women wear weave they are emulating white women's hair texture and or color.

If you go to a African American Beauty Supply Store to buy some hair, you won't find African American hair textures there to buy, but only Indian and European hair textures.

Now you will find kinky weave hair actually.

And you shouldn't buy any weave from a beauty supply store btw, it's ? and cheap.

So...since all you did was equate a hair style with loving yourself, natural hair equals love of self? You didn't answer that.

"kinky weave hair"
    Camron-youkidding_zps302c0fdd.gif

Smh, I ain't never seen a black woman ever rock some kinky or nappy hair weave in my life. You gotta be kidding me.

Lol, and I did answer your question already.

But for clarity, I'll say it once more. Yes, wearing hair weave which doesn't represent your ethnicities normal hair texture or color is a form of self hate, and wearing natural hair is a form of self love. Absolutely.

• JokerzWyld
    Options

Yall put entirely too much into a hair style. How would you, as a man, know what a woman is feeling when she styles her hair?

The real question is why do "proud black women" feel the need to cover their hair with that of Brazillians, Native Hawaiians, Indians, and Whites?
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broad, sweeping statements like 'If you wear weave, you hate yourself.' are ridiculous. Painting a large group of people with the same brush is never really a good idea and is almost never accurate.

Some women wear weave out of convenience. Some do it for a change of pace, just to switch it up for a while. And some do it because they HATE their own hair and think that straight hair or whatever is 'better' than their hair.

Trying to equate weave with 'self-hate' in every scenario is a very easy oversimplification.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To speak a bit on her video... We went to Six Flags a couple of weeks ago, the big girls out here are confident wearing crop tops and short shorts...

...I didn't think it was a good look but that's them.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Actually there's weave of all textures.

Solange-Knowles.jpg

Mushiya-Tshikuka-close-up.jpg?zoom=2&resize=330%2C220

Ngozi-Opara-wearing-Heat-Free-Hair-Pink-600x600.jpg

All of these women are wearing a weave in these pics...
  • JokerzWyld
    Options
    Great, now apply that syllogism to white women for example. They wear weave too, right? How many white women have you seen with African weaves on this week? Now how many black women with long flowing unnatural tresses and textures different from their own?

White women wear weaves, but the texture of their weave is similar to their own Black women wear weaves with radically different textures.

To simplify even further: If people liked the way they looked they wouldn't have to make augmentations to themselves at all.
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Even if your claim is true, the majority of black women are not wearing weaves with natural African American kinky or nappy hair.
  • Westie
    Options

The real question is why do "proud black women" feel the need to cover their hair with that of Brazillians, Native Hawaiians, Indians, and Whites?

I asked you a question tho..you have no answer? Surprised. :|

They feel like it's a hairstyle, and less maintenance. Maybe looks nice. Idk... I don't wear weave.
  • JokerzWyld
    Options
    And lets debunk this myth that wearing weaves and perms is easier or more convenient.

Do you know why black people perm their daughters hair?

When black people were trying to integrate into white society, the person who looked the closest to a white person, had it easier.

So black people would perm their daughters hair, so that they would be able to conform and more easily be accepted in society.

And this has been passed on from generation to generation to the point that we don't even remember why we begin perming our hair in the first place.

And our excuse for perming or putting weave in our hair now is because, "it's easier".

But no it's not easier, wearing your hair naturally in dreadlocks or an afro is a lot easier.

But it's less socially acceptable, due to how white supremacy has taught us self hatred.

Also, it's been proven that wearing perms and weaves destroys your roots, making it more difficult for you to grow your hair longer, or at all.

They ain't ready though. That's why I didn't explain myself in previous posts.
  • Westie
    edited July 2015
    Options
    And lets debunk this myth that wearing weaves and perms is easier or more convenient.

When black people were trying to integrate into white society, the person who looked the closest to a white person, had it easier.

So black people would perm their daughters hair, so that they would be able to conform and more easily be accepted in society.

And this has been passed on from generation to generation to the point that we don't even remember why we begin perming our hair in the first place.

And our excuse for perming or putting weave in our hair now is because, "it's easier".

But no it's not easier, wearing your hair naturally in dreadlocks or an afro is a lot easier.

But it's less socially acceptable, due to how white supremacy has taught us self hatred.

Also, it's been proven that wearing perms and weaves destroys your roots, making it more difficult for you to grow your hair longer, or at all.

Let me tell you where you ? up. I'm a woman with natural hair. I don't wear weave. I don't perm my hair. I have permed my hair before, and it was 1 billion times easier than the ? I am enduring in the summertime. So, unless you have been a drag queen, and done all that ? to your hair, maybe shut the ? up.
  • Westie
    Options
    I love how ? who have absolutely no idea about the care and the maintenance of black hair can tell black women how they feel about themselves, or what they go through. I am a woman with natural hair and I have two daughters with natural hair don't ? tell me anything about maintenance.
  • JokerzWyld
    Options

They feel like it's a hairstyle, and less maintenance. Maybe looks nice. Idk... I don't wear weave.

I didn't answer because it was a foolish question. I'm a black man. Black men and black women have the same texture of hair therefore I know their plight.
  • Westie
    Options

Let me tell you where you ? up bad. I'm a woman with natural hair. I don't where weave. I don't perm my hair. I have permed my hair before, and it was 1 billion times easier than the ? I am enduring in the summertime. So, unless you have been a drag queen, and done all that ? to your hair, maybe shut the ? up.

Wow, I've never seen a woman with natural hair be an advocate for hair weave and perms like this in my entire life.

Hmmm, something smells fishy about that.

jay-z.png

Lol, and girl what are you enduring so badly in the summer time with your natural hair??

You're acting like when we were in Africa living in 120 degree weather we were wearing weaves and perms all day cause it was "too hot" to be natural.

FYI, being that I am a man, I've worn natural hair all my life.

I've hooped on the basketball court in the summer with braids and afro's in my hair back in the day and I didn't have to endure anything.

Get out your feelings woman and stop trying to cuss me out, lol this is hilarious.

I don't read titanagraphs. I skim.

You being able to go get a freaking fresh-cut or or dreads isn't the same as a woman with natural hair. Stop.
  • Westie
    Options

I didn't answer because it was a foolish question. I'm a black man. Black men and black women have the same texture of hair therefore I know their plight.

OK quick, tell me how to do a kinky curly twist.
  • Westie
    Options
    Y'all are ? ridiculous. What's it like to have my period? Since you don't know everything about being a woman.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

19168.gif
  • JokerzWyld
    Options

OK quick, tell me how to do a kinky curly twist.

Not explaining myself.

The historical reasons for weave and perms are written in a myriad of books, consult any one of them.

• deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A woman's love of herself should have absolutely nothing to do with what ? wants to ? her.

It shouldn't....but it does.

She probably wouldn't love herself as much if there weren't that many ? trying to get at her.