Options

Comments

• victory_kid
    victory_kid Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zirconium wrote: »
    CK2jVw_WUAAU1sz.jpg
    CK2jVxRWcAA6ke2.jpg

Drake is playing chess... right now it's Meek's turn and all we got were two tweets.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CK2jVw_WUAAU1sz.jpg
    CK2jVxRWcAA6ke2.jpg

This is some grown man ? right here.
  • Screwtape
    Screwtape Members Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    CK2jVw_WUAAU1sz.jpg
    CK2jVxRWcAA6ke2.jpg

but did he write it.

you see how this goes, drake fans?

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Screwtape wrote: »
    CK2jVw_WUAAU1sz.jpg
    CK2jVxRWcAA6ke2.jpg

but did he write it.

thats being childish tho.... Ole I dont wanna believe ass ? lol. And how Ironic if Jay the Big biter and swag stealer put the battery in Meek back over a business deal. Rap is WWF with the friends becoming enemies heel turn ? that be going on.
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    yeah, lyrically this goes...Left them ? in the dust, i know for a fact meek mill can´t go in like this...should´ve been more energetic with the flow, which i truly believe is the area that he gets help in...
  • Screwtape
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    CK2jVw_WUAAU1sz.jpg
    CK2jVxRWcAA6ke2.jpg

but did he write it.

thats being childish tho.... Ole I dont wanna believe ass ? lol. And how Ironic if Jay the Big biter and swag stealer put the battery in Meek back over a business deal. Rap is WWF with the friends becoming enemies heel turn ? that be going on.

im more commenting on the bigger picture, people are acting like it wont matter if he has ghostwriters all over the place but its going to be repeatedly stated that hes a fraud. And more proof is on the way.
  • aneed123
    Options
    CK2jVw_WUAAU1sz.jpg
    CK2jVxRWcAA6ke2.jpg

but did he write it.

im more commenting on the bigger picture, people are acting like it wont matter if he has ghostwriters all over the place but its going to be repeatedly stated that hes a fraud. And more proof is on the way.

Dude been out too long and put out too much good music for yall to fall into this fraud talk. Its funny to me cuz when its other artist more likable that get called biters in the past it was dismissed. Its human nature tho to see what u want depending on the person. Drake put this out in what a day in a half? but out of spite folk wanna be like he aint write it tho. hilarity
  • Screwtape
    Options
    CK2jVw_WUAAU1sz.jpg
    CK2jVxRWcAA6ke2.jpg

but did he write it.

ow this goes, drake fans?
    you see h

Dude been out too long and put out too much good music for yall to fall into this fraud talk. Its funny to me cuz when its other artist more likable that get called biters in the past it was dismissed. Its human nature tho to see what u want depending on the person. Drake put this out in what a day in a half? but out of spite folk wanna be like he aint write it tho. hilarity

have you ever heard of someone using reference tracks of other people and then completely ripping off their lyrics and flow?
  • aneed123
    Options
    CK2jVw_WUAAU1sz.jpg
    CK2jVxRWcAA6ke2.jpg

but did he write it.

you see h

have you ever heard of someone using reference tracks of other people and then completely ripping off their lyrics and flow?

I put all that ? in the same boat. I dont pick and choose which one is worse cuz I like this rapper more. Hearing another rappers verse in a rappers song is biting.... Stealing a local rappers song and no one caring cuz u famous is biting..... rappers got ghost writers.... rappers get influence from rappers in their circle.... reference tapes all that ? . I dont pretend that this has been going on in rap forever and by rappers Im fans of too.
  • international
    Options
    between on Jcole´s albums some songs got more names in the writer credits than other, check the booklet today, and all is songs got more than one songwritter, and some the same and others different, so...

Can´t believe yall really falling in the hyperbole like that, been thru it too many times in music, specially hip hop, ? is all theatrics, don´t believe the hype...its good for some excitment in terms that we going to be getting some new diss tracks, thats bout all tho...
  • Screwtape
    Options
    CK2jVw_WUAAU1sz.jpg
    CK2jVxRWcAA6ke2.jpg

but did he write it.

you see h

I put all that ? in the same boat. I dont pick and choose which one is worse cuz I like this rapper more. Hearing another rappers verse in a rappers song is biting.... Stealing a local rappers song and no one caring cuz u famous is biting..... rappers got ghost writers.... rappers get influence from rappers in their circle.... reference tapes all that ? . I dont pretend that this has been going on in rap forever and by rappers Im fans of too.

getting influence from people in your circle or using another rappers lines, like jay z for example (and im not really a jay z fan) is not the same as this proven lifting of lyrics, complete verses, and style from reference tracks.

neither are other rappers with ghostwriters such as diddy or dre running around talking about how they are the greatest lyricists.

can anyone even provide examples of this ref track ? happening before drake?

• FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    between on Jcole´s albums some songs got more names in the writer credits than other, check the booklet today, and all is songs got more than one songwritter, and some the same and others different, so...

Can´t believe yall really falling in the hyperbole like that, been thru it too many times in music, specially hip hop, ? is all theatrics, don´t believe the hype...its good for some excitment in terms that we going to be getting some new diss tracks, thats bout all tho...

Producers get songwriting credits. Features get songwriting credits. and if samples are used, whoever wrote the song that was sampled get songwriting credits.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek isn't a lyrical rapper so expecting him to come back with a lyrical assault isn't in the cards. Drake charged song was more of a response than a diss, a melancholy NyQuil mixed with a few witty quips.

Most people going to roll with it cause Drake is hotter than Meek. I have no allegiance to neither of these ? , i just wish the ? would stop going on social media to air out their grieviences (meek mills) and put it in rap.
  • international
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »

Producers get songwriting credits. Features get songwriting credits. and if samples are used, whoever wrote the song that was sampled get songwriting credits.

nah, not in this case, it was clearly defined, there was also a section for producers credit, so...
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jayvon32 wrote: »
    Meek isn't a lyrical rapper so expecting him to come back with a lyrical assault isn't in the cards. Drake charged song was more of a response than a diss, a melancholy NyQuil mixed with a few witty quips.

Most people going to roll with it cause Drake is hotter than Meek. I have no allegiance to neither of these ? , i just wish the ? would stop going on social media to air out their grieviences (meek mills) and put it in rap.

Lyrical rappers do not exist int he mainstream anymore
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Cole and kdot ain't lyrical?
  • international
    Options

nah, not in this case, it was clearly defined, there was also a section for producers credit, so...

lol, at ? avoiding this like the plague, its goin be alright yall...
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

Nope they are put in both. Look at Jay-Z album. Im sure Timbo, and The Dream arent writing Jay-Z lyrics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_Carta_Holy_Grail