Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cole and kdot ain't lyrical?

So we gonna pretend ? like mr nice watch don't exist
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Meek may not have to respond, it'd actually be pretty intelligent of him to go on the radio and just chastise if Drake even wrote that ? and not even respond but if he do - do a freestyle (no blackberry no writing just off the top). However, Meek is the hothead so I don't see him being mum about this. He's probably going to strike in the next 72 hours. It'd be wise to wait after Flex drops the reference tracks on Monday then strike. Meek has ammo he just has to pick his words and subjects carefully no fiction, go after the ghostwriting accusations, Puffy slapping him, Baby not paying them ? (say Drake and Wayne money is all ? up), ? playing him (come on Drake even rap about it), things like that. Meek can come out of this with a W or unscathed if he can keep his emotions under control and doesn't let his idiocy get the best of him. In doing this he can undermine Drake by not taking him seriously as a rapper interjecting that Drake is an R&B singer and not worthy. If he wants to take it seriously call Drake out to a freestyle battle, if Drake declines he lost, if he do then do what it do....

It is also possible that Drake's camp could be feeding Flex those records as a means to get this ? out of the way now and "sensitize" it.

the potential L's for both rappers could or can be avoided by not saying ? . Meek had the top album in the country and still went full wale ? fit. Drake was winning by not responding as meek looked like a hoe. Drakes troy average response hurt him. maybe not an L but def was an average record. Now meek going back to tweet mill status is hurting him.

Meek lost tho unless he pulls out some over the top diss track. Drake ain't really loose this battle but the average diss and the questions will hurt his all time ranking in the game.

• bamnboy7
    bamnboy7 Members Posts: 160 ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    What can meek really say in his diss towards drake?

All drake gotta say is he ? nicki and meek gonna cry real tears, I can see it already

meek better shut the ? up, he not even on drakes level musically or in status

drake is on a whole nother level that meek in his career
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's no point in going at drake then since you can't expose the lameness of a lame according to some of y'all. Which makes y'all aner at Drake not battling nonsensical. Why would I battle you knowing you can't win already? Everything you could say about me is already out there so why would I catch feelings and drop a verse? I already won right?
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Serious reach saying Jay sent meek to diss drake for going to apple .... Drake was never at any of the tidal press release .... plus Jay was done with him after drake took a shot at him and he hit him back with the miss drizzy line.

Drake trying to take the subliminal diss title
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek would have to put out a radio friendly record that could get heavy rotation to have chance, something like "levels"
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked the diss record.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All i know is meek better respond with something more than some twitter ? and not pull no "im a street ? gettin money i aint got time for dweebs"
  • Listencloser
    Listencloser Members Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tryna tell me this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK2L8yk376A

is shittin on kendrick or j. cole?
    You joking right? That ? is a timeless classic. I can't think of a single J. Cole or Kendrick song that I play 6 months after the album drops. I Go to Work, How you Like Me Now and Wild Wild West gets spin for me almost weekly on Backspin Radio.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beyond the yelling meeks,not a incapable lyracist hes decent at best
  • Listencloser
    Options
    Drake gets credit for "putting it in a rap" n not a tweet. But the track was ok, not wack or great. But the dude put out an obvious diss track going at possibly the best real "street rapper" out now. Lets give the ? drake some credit for that. That line about not needing the money for features n doing ? favors was fact n meek been had drake on both his albums n needs to chill. Btw maybe im late, but where did meek come from w all this ? .

Word is Jay Z put the battery in his back over Drake not signing to Tidal or some ? .
  • bamnboy7
    Options
    Lol @ y'all hyping this ? . Meek doesn't have to do anything. All he did was say some ? on twitter, exposing the fact that a peer of his, Drake was cheating (the art of rap and his fans, by using reference tracks and songwriters).

Drake throwing subliminals changes NONE of what was exposed. It's already over. Drake can release ether part 2 and we still won't know if he wrote it or not. His integrity as an MC is finished.

Just think about that for a second, how is a diss track a valid response to someone saying you don't write your own raps? The best response would be to come up with some half truth, ? excuse as why there's a reference track, and confirm you do in fact write your raps, using the same platform the accuser used.

This whole "diss track" thing is to take the attention away from the fact that Drake got exposed, and y'all are falling for it. What's his explanation for the reference tracks?

ok so lets not act like a lot of rappers nowadays got ghostwriters

drake still shittin on the boy in all aspects of the game

meek cant even diss back cause first, he gon be mad emotional and yelling even more than before

second, what can he really say besides he dont write his own raps

truth is, nobody cares that he got a ghostwriter, not in this day and age

• bamnboy7
    Options
    Drake gets credit for "putting it in a rap" n not a tweet. But the track was ok, not wack or great. But the dude put out an obvious diss track going at possibly the best real "street rapper" out now. Lets give the ? drake some credit for that. That line about not needing the money for features n doing ? favors was fact n meek been had drake on both his albums n needs to chill. Btw maybe im late, but where did meek come from w all this ? .

Word is Jay Z put the battery in his back over Drake not signing to Tidal or some ? .

ok so now meeks a peon......got it
  • bamnboy7
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    bamnboy7 wrote: »
    Lol @ y'all hyping this ? . Meek doesn't have to do anything. All he did was say some ? on twitter, exposing the fact that a peer of his, Drake was cheating (the art of rap and his fans, by using reference tracks and songwriters).

Drake throwing subliminals changes NONE of what was exposed. It's already over. Drake can release ether part 2 and we still won't know if he wrote it or not. His integrity as an MC is finished.

Just think about that for a second, how is a diss track a valid response to someone saying you don't write your own raps? The best response would be to come up with some half truth, ? excuse as why there's a reference track, and confirm you do in fact write your raps, using the same platform the accuser used.

This whole "diss track" thing is to take the attention away from the fact that Drake got exposed, and y'all are falling for it. What's his explanation for the reference tracks?

meek cant even diss back cause first, he gon be mad emotional and yelling even more than before

that's all heresay and speculation..where the proof at? we got proof that Drake is rap's Jose Canseco..where everybody else proof?

I can hear it in they raps
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ Jay getting meek to diss drake

Riiiiiiight
  • no2fuks
    no2fuks Members Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    muthafuckas rather take the blue pill and live in the matrix smh

• Listencloser
    Options

Nobody is falling for it. I had a brief convo with another dad at my sons swim lessons of all places. He just brought it up out of the blue about Drake having ghost writers. People are talking. Drake is now regulated to the class of rappers like Diddy, Dr Dre and Timberland. People with still spin his hits but he will never be in the conversation as a lyricist again.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options

Yeah but I want to hear a rap battle. Plain and simple. Hip hop in 2015 is soft as hell. I don't care if Drake is exposed. I want to hear bars on wax and hear him try to spin the ? , and hear Meek transcend his mold and actually have to write some fire rhymes. It's good for the game.

Unfortunately, this is all probably going to end with some passive aggressive tweets, some apologies, and a reunion tour.
  • bamnboy7
    edited July 2015
    Options

that's all heresay and speculation..where the proof at? we got proof that Drake is rap's Jose Canseco..where everybody else proof?

I can hear it in they raps

oh word you the ghostwhisperer

Call me patrick swayzy

but naw, sometimes you can hear when a rapper is not rapping how they do on the regular, or they sound like somebody else. Most of the time somebody else wrote that verse, or not even wrote it but gave it its flow, and the rapper just put the words in the right place
  • bamnboy7
    Options

Nobody is falling for it. I had a brief convo with another dad at my sons swim lessons of all places. He just brought it up out of the blue about Drake having ghost writers. People are talking. Drake is now regulated to the class of rappers like Diddy, Dr Dre and Timberland. People with still spin his hits but he will never be in the conversation as a lyricist again.

Was he ever i the class of lyricist tho

If you watch interviews of og rappers do they ever mention drake. Cole and Kendrick get mentioned almost every interview, but ive never seen a rapper mention drake as one of the best of right now.

He a pop act.