The Official Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 2 thread - Now Playing "AntMan"

Options

Comments

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Kola wrote: »
    That looks like it hurt Thor soul.

Hell yeah it did. Muthafucca prided himself to know he was only (so thought) one to be able to pick up the hammer. Lol
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_ns0la6bcwh1qzco77o2_250.giftumblr_ns0la6bcwh1qzco77o3_250.gif
    tumblr_ns0la6bcwh1qzco77o4_250.giftumblr_ns0la6bcwh1qzco77o1_250.gif

I loved that line by Ultron because of how true it is.
  • Blazedadon87x
    Blazedadon87x Members Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just finish rewatching Guardians Of The Galaxy....

Makes me wonder how the remaining 2 infinity gems will come into play

Doctor Strange might have a story dealing with the Soul Gem

The time gem however could appear in the 2nd Guardians of the galaxy movie and Thor Ragnarok
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That ant man Fire as ? ....damn! Them fight scenes were some of the best I've seen in a long time ...and a bunch of hilarious puns ...overall one quality ass movie

Yeah I had no interest in seeing this movie, but me and the wife went to see it because nothing else worth watching is out. I'm glad I did. It was a good movie.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I avoided this thread since last week and y'all ? talkin bout DC and posting Ultron gifs. Lol

This movie took a lot of cues from the Iron Man franchise, though I don't mind considering Pym and Stark have a lot in common. Irony necessarily love it, but I like it. I'll have to see how it holds up over time because I loved The Dark World first time I saw it, now I watch it with a straight face all the way through. I like Ant-Man better than Guardians of the Galaxy a million times over. As a stand-alone film, I rank it as 5th behind both Cap film and the first to Iron Mans. It's actually tied with The Incredible Hulk for me.

I agree with everyone that the villain was underused. He had potential to be dope but he was almost a distraction and an excuse for Ant-Man to be Ant-Man.

Didn't think they'd actually show Pym's wife as Wasp. It looked great and I can't wait to see the next Wasp. I had to wonder though, why not put wings on the Ant Man suit? It could've saved Antony's life. Speaking of, you should've known Antony was going to get killed the moment Scott gave him a name. The wing falling dramatically to the ground was hilarious.

The comedy was 50/50. Some parts I laughed out loud and other parts I felt were too forced. Penas stories were funny, the unintentional size changes were funny, the Dairy Queen scene was funny as hell, and Paul Rudd in general has good charisma.

Things I didn't care for: some parts dragged a little long, Falcon taking a dive, the 3 amigos forced comedy, the vague SHIELD and HYDRA references (seriously, do they exist still or not gotdammit), and the ants looked metal 90% of the time.

I thought I wouldn't like the little girl but the common theme of fathers was a nice touch.

7/10
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I consider GOTG and winter soldier to be the best of the marvel franchise for personal reasons but this was dope. I'm a huge soundtrack man so if a movie has a dope soundscore, I'm immediately hooked. I can't wait to hear the next GOTG mixtape.
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree the best out of the Marvel Fox Franchise would be Xmen Days of Future Past.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I kinda like Guardians but it's somewhat pretentious. It's an ok story but outside of Yondu and the main team, the acting was kind of lame.

I liked Ant Man a lot more. The script was so much better. I just wish Marvel treated their villains as more than a scrap sheet of paper. Yellow Jacket had potential for a comeback, much like Iron Monger and Red Skull. Who else is a sizeable threat for Ant Man?

It would be dope if they brought Janet Pym back whose gone insane remaining physically young while on the subatomic level still wearing the Wasp suit out to ? Hank for revenge. That'd be a dope sequel.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When MD was giving Judd that speech and Judd paused and said..."that was a good speech" that ? cracked me up lol...it really was a good speech tho...that's probably why I thought it was so funny
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ant Man was just okay for me.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Saw it earlier...it was cool.

The comedy was good, the action was cool. Liked the falcon scene.

Hank pym talking about how hope's mom died was maddd random as soon as she came in the room he started talking bout it...clunky exposition.

Also how did micheal Pena keep attacking guards at the lab with no cameras catching him or no type of other guards wondering why nobody was answering. I appreciated this movie though and it's crazy to just kinda think that ant man can get his own movie and it not be boring or trash...

Shoutout to wood Harris not being a criminal /dealer for once in a movie or show. Oh yeah that Thomas train was creepy as ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

Hank pym talking about how hope's mom died was maddd random as soon as she came in the room he started talking bout it...clunky exposition.

Also how did micheal Pena keep attacking guards at the lab with no cameras catching him or no type of other guards wondering why nobody was answering. I appreciated this movie though and it's crazy to just kinda think that ant man can get his own movie and it not be boring or trash...

Shoutout to wood Harris not being a criminal /dealer for once in a movie or show. Oh yeah that Thomas train was creepy as ?

Huh? Did you miss the scene right before that where Scott opened her eyes to the fact that Hank didn't want her in the suit because he didn't want to lose her like he did Janet. That led directly into the scene where what happened to Janet was revealed.

Cosign on the Falcon scene though. If Edgar Wright left the project because Marvel wanted to put in that scene and the couple of references, he's an idiot. They certainly didn't hurt the movie in any way.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Huh? Did you miss the scene right before that where Scott opened her eyes to the fact that Hank didn't want her in the suit because he didn't want to lose her like he did Janet. That led directly into the scene where what happened to Janet was revealed.

Cosign on the Falcon scene though. If Edgar Wright left the project because Marvel wanted to put in that scene and the couple of references, he's an idiot. They certainly didn't hurt the movie in any way.

Was that when they were in the car? But I get what you're saying but why as soon as Scott and hope walk in the room hank just started talking?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Was that when they were in the car? But I get what you're saying but why as soon as Scott and hope walk in the room hank just started talking?

They had a falling out that had been coming for some time. He was trying to make amends by revealing to her the underlying problem.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope deadpool or wolverine can find themselves in madripoor....countless marvel films and no one has been to savage land or madripoor yet
  • iron man1
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I hope deadpool or wolverine can find themselves in madripoor....countless marvel films and no one has been to savage land or madripoor yet

As long as Bryan Singer directs Savage Land, Shiar, Madripoor don't exist. That's one thing I don't like about his direction is he took all the fantasy elements from X-Men and even the Phoenix force was a mutation.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    Bryan Singer only did X-Men, X2, and Days of Future Past.

He had nothing to do with X3, Origins, The Wolverine, or First Class.
  • iron man1
    Options
    I'm referring to the original two movies as you could tell from the beginning space adventures involving alien bounty hunters, gods, and space battles wouldn't be a part of this universe.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    But the Phoenix was in X3.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

She was ugly and wack though and it nothing to do with the Shyar empire or whatever it's called.
  • iron man1
    Options

Her phoenix ability was displayed in x2 slowly throughout the movie pretty much confirming that she's not bonded to a cosmic entity but, just her mutation.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »

Her phoenix ability was displayed in x2 slowly throughout the movie pretty much confirming that she's not bonded to a cosmic entity but, just her mutation.

Where. She really only did two things in X2:

1. find Nightcrawler and suspend him in mid air
    2. Force the jet to take off, speak through an unconscious Xavier, and stop Nightcrawler from teleporting

Then we got the bonus scene of a Phoenix flying under the lake. They still could have gone the cosmic route with It in X3 based on that.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I consider GOTG and winter soldier to be the best of the marvel franchise for personal reasons but this was dope. I'm a huge soundtrack man so if a movie has a dope soundscore, I'm immediately hooked. I can't wait to hear the next GOTG mixtape.

Cs WS and guardians the best ,I really enjoyed ant man though