13»

Comments

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a step down from some of the recent movies but it wasn't bad at all.

My biggest problem was how they spent too much time setting up backstory. By the time they establish what's what, they give us a bland plot that's handled pretty easily by the heroes.

There's a shitload of Easter eggs and references to the DC universe. Certain things they unceremoniously ignore though, which I didn't like. A few action scenes that will raise some eyebrows. The animation was very 90's BTAS and Justice League Unlimited though. Flashpoint, War, Red Hood, and others were a lot more polished.

5/10
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IThe animation was very 90's BTAS and Justice League Unlimited though. Flashpoint, War, Red Hood, and others were a lot more polished.

Well naturally. This was made by Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett after all and not the people who made those other animated DC adaptations.

• Juttythe3rd
    Juttythe3rd Members Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i didnt think i would enjoy it the way i did
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    IThe animation was very 90's BTAS and Justice League Unlimited though. Flashpoint, War, Red Hood, and others were a lot more polished.

Well naturally. This was made by Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett after all and not the people who made those other animated DC adaptations.

Its 2015. Even Akira Toriyama has updated the animation of Dragon Ball. Timm isn't an exception when it comes to advancements in animation.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    When people hear "Bruce Timm" they expect a certain aesthetic and animation style. Had he gone against that there would've been all sorts of ? and negativity thrown against the movie by a bunch of manbabies. Besides it is "updated" at least on a technical level. It wasn't done the same way they did it on New Batman Adventures or JLU for example it was done with a much more technologically advanced process.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I just saw your his last night off of PS 4. Good ? .. My favorite part was wonermwomans wedding. They need to make a comic book series out of this. A messican super man lol. A vampire batman and wonder woman is from new Genesis. I'm just wasn't feeling batman's costume that much. They should have designed his look based on batman Beyond's suit.
  • Splackavelli
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Bat man in this universe is Dr Kurt langstrom. Sound familiar ? In batman the animated series he was a scientist that became the half human half bat creature known as the manbat. Superman is zods son because lara-el had an affair while jor -el was out on a science tour. Wonder woman is not Diana instead this is high fathers grand daughter. I think apocalypse is still evil and new genisis is still good though new genisis is just ? in this one.
  • Splackavelli
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    First look at Green Lantern, Steel and Mary Marvel.

bcAYr4S.jpg

I like that version of steel he looks like his own man without the "s" on his chest. maybe dc should adopt thast look for him for now on out. they can bring that version of mary marvel over too *creep thoughts*
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    wasnt feeling this one
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yooooo...this ? was dope as ? ! Wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. DC animation was due for a hit cause they last couple of flicks, Throne of Atlantis and Batman vs. Robin, were duds.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkseid died to easy
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I thought that to but all of them from New Genesis are very powerful.
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big Kola wrote: »
    Yeah I thought that to but all of them from New Genesis are very powerful.

@Big Kola
    But so strong that they took out everyone, without them even landing a single hit...nah
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a new batman called monster mayhem just leaked its for the younger audience but its still dope, its not super kiddie
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    a new batman called monster mayhem just leaked its for the younger audience but its still dope, its not super kiddie

like that justice league target special that dropped a while back right?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a new lego justice league movie leaked a couple days ago called Legion of Doom
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dont ? with legos