Options

Comments

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If Drake does use other people to write entire verses, that's shameful. But if he wrote most of the hot verses, you've got to admit his talent. He may be of the mind that he don't have time to write every verse himself, so he lets others do it and pays them well for it. Could be that he sees it as him looking out for others. He got so much opportunity in music why not let others eat off that. Not a bad look if so. How many wanna be rappers on here would take that opportunity? It's not like he ain't giving these dudes writing credit.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    Purr wrote: »
    I actually liked meek's diss. Maybe I like facts better than chatty patty insults, but that's me.

He had the reference track.
    He had Puffy speaking on slapping drake.
    He spoke on drake getting ? on.
    He spoke about how drake is a groupie and wanted street cred from him by wearing his dreamchasers chain.
    He spoke on Drake being a snitch ass ? and there is proof of that ? .
    He gave safaree one ? line.

Maybe y'all are into cover art, sending charlafag bottles of Dom, and the other theatrics that drake produced for the public; however, I see beyond the stunt queen wool that drake pulled over everyone's eyes.

Only way I believe that ? has written anything if he goes on sway and freestyle of the top of the dome with words thrown at him.

No iPhone. No ? spitting your freestyle in the background. None of that weak ? .

He's no longer an emcee to me. He is a ? entertainer, until he proves otherwise.

So I take it your stance is Back to Back was ghosted?

Cause that's all that matters...he got dissed, did he come back with his own bars or not?

Btw you been caping for Meek this whole thread...but I remember when IYRTITL dropped you was all on Drakes nuts..

What's all this fickleness?
    DWO wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    Meek needs to put out another record. You can have great content, witty lines, dope metaphors and all that ? that makes a great dis record, and it can still fall flat if your delivery is wack. Meek had none of this and he was still using them extra regular ass bars. He had to talk about that heresay ? incident, instead of rapping it. And his delivery was basura. Not a good look.
    bruh imagine if ? even hinted at dmx, pac, redman, jay-z, nas, pun, or any rapper from 10-15 years ago getting ? on.....

if those words even came out someone's mouth that a ? ? on jada or beans.....

bruh....

Somebody has to die ? this rap ?
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MeTaL wrote: »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Undertaker snapping on Weak Mill LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    I actually liked meek's diss. Maybe I like facts better than chatty patty insults, but that's me.

He spoke about how drake is a groupie and wanted street cred from him by wearing his dreamchasers chain.

Maybe y'all are into cover art, sending charlafag bottles of Dom, and the other theatrics that drake produced for the public; however, I see beyond the stunt queen wool that drake pulled over everyone's eyes.

Only way I believe that ? has written anything if he goes on sway and freestyle of the top of the dome with words thrown at him.

No iPhone. No ? spitting your freestyle in the background. None of that weak ? .

He's no longer an emcee to me. He is a ? entertainer, until he proves otherwise.

Realist talk in this thread came from a women.

@D0wn does that mean we ? or nah? I usually take compliments as invites to the ? down party.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? got ? on b........that's all needs to be said.
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The message was there but not the method. A better rapper would have taken that content and crafted better bars. A better team would have told him his flow would be hard to understand, too many filler lines and repetitive rhymes. A petter producer would have structure the song with the expose breaks at the beginning, end or flowed with the beat.

I agree but let's not act like it was ? basura.

it was though
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Judah Back wrote: »

yea this isn't about bars or authenticity right now... It's kinda weird how the public is reacting to this.

this kinda proves where the state of hip hop is right now. you can be fake as long as it sounds good

but that was the same argument made for Ross in the 50 beef.....
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    As far as Drake getting peed on, if he ain't do nothing and just took it, then he ? out. However, in terms of this battle, that has no sway. If Meek elaborated and made that situation into some hot lines, then it would matter. He might as well have tweeted most of the song because he didn't say anything clever. He just made statements.

Now you tell me who won
    I see them, they run
    They don't wanna see us
    Whole Junior M.A.F.I.A. clique dressing up trying to be us
    How the ? they gonna be the mob when we always on our job?
    We millionaires, killing ain't fair but somebody got to do it
    Oh yeah, Mobb Deep: you wanna ? with us
    You little young-ass ?
    Don't one of you ? got sickle-cell or something
    You're ? with me, ?
    You ? around and catch a seizure or a heart attack
    You better back the ? up
    Before you get smacked the ? up
    This is how we do it on our side
    Any of you ? from New York that want to bring it, bring it
    But we ain't singing, we bringing drama
    ? you and your ? mama
    We're gonna ? all you ?
    Now when I came out, I told you it was just about Biggie
    Then everybody had to open their mouth with a ? opinion
    Well this is how we gonna do this
    ? Mobb Deep, ? Biggie
    ? Bad Boy as a staff, record label and as a ? crew
    And if you want to be down with Bad Boy, then ? you too
    Chino XL: ? you too
    All you ? , ? you too (Take money, take money)
    All of y'all mother ? , ? you, die slow, ?
    My .44 make sure all y'all kids don't grow
    You ? can't be us or see us
    We ? ' Thug Life-riders
    Westside til we die
    Out here in California, ? , we warned ya
    We'll bomb on you ? . We do our job
    You think you mob? ? , we the ? ' mob
    Ain't nothing but killers and the real ?
    All you ? feel us
    Our ? goes triple and 4-quadruple
    You ? laugh cause our staff got guns under they ? ' belts
    You know how it is, when we drop records they felt
    You ? can't feel it, we the realest
    ? em, we Bad Boy-killers
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    So Drake got peed on and ain't do ? about it? You mean to tell me Drake's....SOFT? OH HELLL NAW

So Drake got robbed and ain't handle that like a real street ? would? OH HELL NAW

? in here acting like they just learning Drake is soft....y'all thought that ? was a rap gimmick? This is the guy who rapped about going through girls phones when they go to the bathroom.

But yea Drake got peed on...he got robbed and "snitched"(lol) You know he has ghostwriters...but you still had that ? on both ur albums tho

drake brought that ? out for his tour . ? switched up once they get some money in they pocket. Everyone knows drake not a street ? he even said it in his raps before.That ? old aswell thats when he was coming up ? jammed him .
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yea this isn't about bars or authenticity right now... It's kinda weird how the public is reacting to this.

this kinda proves where the state of hip hop is right now. you can be fake as long as it sounds good

thank you. 50 had better diss songs and was killing him. then everyone was saying "but ross makes better music." it didnt matter then so y now it matters
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All this and he still paid Drake for a verse on his album.....new ? lol and smh..

Mmmmm.... Verses aren't free. ? ... Elzo, don't come to me with the ? ? , when I know that you know ? better.

I'm not going to entertain your strawman argument.

its not bout paying for the verses lol ....its about requesting a ? that you know all this about to still be on your record....i ve never heard Meek on a Drake record but ive heard Drake on plenty of Meek's record....my point is for example i know u in real life right....if i see some fugazi behavior from you over time, then im not ? w u period....what that look like still ? w u whether professionally or otherwise only to call u out on being fugazi when im in my feelings...thats fraud like behavior.....

Business and personal relationships are two different things.

I don't have to like a ? personally to do business with them.

We don't know what really happened behind the scenes. The industry is small and the answer is going to be out on what really happened.

but what if the business and personal ? are intertwined.... my point is you cant make fun of a ? for spitting ghosted bars, if you are paying hm for the very same ghosted bars.....exactly and their beef should ve been dealt with there too.....had this ? had not been in his feelings...men should never act based on their emotions....u know that

Nope! Not going down this road with you.

Men have feelings too. Stop being sexist.

Meek wasn't aware that drake didn't write the verse to RICO, until it was sent to him that is why he had informed his fans that he's sorry for drakes verse because it's not genuine.

Only silly ? think that this ? was over nicki, which is stupid to me.

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All this and he still paid Drake for a verse on his album.....new ? lol and smh..

Mmmmm.... Verses aren't free. ? ... Elzo, don't come to me with the ? ? , when I know that you know ? better.

I'm not going to entertain your strawman argument.

its not bout paying for the verses lol ....its about requesting a ? that you know all this about to still be on your record....i ve never heard Meek on a Drake record but ive heard Drake on plenty of Meek's record....my point is for example i know u in real life right....if i see some fugazi behavior from you over time, then im not ? w u period....what that look like still ? w u whether professionally or otherwise only to call u out on being fugazi when im in my feelings...thats fraud like behavior.....
    This is assuming Meek knew Drake had a GW b4 he asked and paid for the track

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Realist talk in this thread came from a women.

@D0wn does that mean we ? or nah? I usually take compliments as invites to the ? down party.
    I give compliments because they are deserved.
    I just respect the real. Everything u stated adds up. like its like, these ? are brain washed.

Did Drake even write back to back?
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo
    DNB1 wrote: »

So I take it your stance is Back to Back was ghosted?

Cause that's all that matters...he got dissed, did he come back with his own bars or not?

Btw you been caping for Meek this whole thread...but I remember when IYRTITL dropped you was all on Drakes nuts..

What's all this fickleness?

I don't know if it was ghost written, but I have my doubts.

Drake vanilli....

I love that album. I love meek's album. I love DS2 the most out of all of them. So, please explain your point to me again? And I bought them all, shoutout to iTunes & google play & pears!

What fickleness? A ? didn't write his ? . As an artist, a creative person, not writing your own ? is disgusting to me. We all collaborate, but not writing your own verses and having someone else do it's exploits the genre for others to be the next milli vanilli.

Foh drake gets no pass from me on that ? . Maybe he does with you and that's a problem with hip hop, all of these ? passes to do ? ? and wonder why the culture is going to ? .

lol slick calling me a ? ...I luh you girl...you smart *Khaled voice

All I'm saying is Drake suspect af...but the reference track doesn't prove he didn't write whole verses...he himself credited dude for his participation. But I honestly believe that a lot of yo fav artist do the same thing....

I need clarification as to why the ? gotta have dude doing whole verses....common sense tell me he never wrote them ? and need to know how to deliver the flow. Unacceptable.

But it could be that QM is more creative with flow...iuuno
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »

thank you. 50 had better diss songs and was killing him. then everyone was saying "but ross makes better music." it didnt matter then so y now it matters

Consistency is all ive been asking for.....when ross dropped that Albert Anastasia mixtape in the midst of 50 beef...you could nt tell these ? nothing
  • bununs alias
    bununs alias Members Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hope the day i start simping chuck, she doesnt put me the summer jam screen later on
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »
    Meek needs to put out another record. You can have great content, witty lines, dope metaphors and all that ? that makes a great dis record, and it can still fall flat if your delivery is wack. Meek had none of this and he was still using them extra regular ass bars. He had to talk about that heresay ? incident, instead of rapping it. And his delivery was basura. Not a good look.
    bruh imagine if ? even hinted at dmx, pac, redman, jay-z, nas, pun, or any rapper from 10-15 years ago getting ? on.....

if those words even came out someone's mouth that a ? ? on jada or beans.....

bruh....

Don't do that, Du. Lol. Why would you even think to put Drake in the same category as them ? ? C'mon bruh. This is Wheelchair Jimmy we talkin bout here. We've all known Drake to be Charmin soft since the beginning. Is it disgusting and passive as hell that he didn't say/do anything? Yes. But does it really surprise any of us? I don't think so.
    Chicity wrote: »
    Chicity wrote: »
    gemini86 wrote: »
    its very odd that cats are ignoring the reference tracks...

its very odd that meek got bodied. this is Karma for mmg. when 50 bodied ross lyrically and physically, ? was saying "well ross makes good music."
    What that gotta do with Drake and Meek?

If you hate MMG just say so
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Meek is losing because his bars wasn't better then Drakes.

It really that simple.
    These bars wasn't as good *or bad* as Charge Up?

Stop it slime

Charged Up was trash as ? , but I'm not comparing it to that. He didn't hafta respond to that track, he had to respond to B2B you capin, idiotic ass ? .
    What makes you think he won't?

Don't worry, I'll wait......

Well, if he makes a better one. Then I have no problem saying so. Don't get it ? up. I'm not pro-Drake here. That ? is suspect as ? and needs to explain this ghostwriting ? . ? is unacceptable, unless you're a Puff/Kanye/Dre type of artist and not a self-proclaimed great lyricist. I'm also not anti-Meek. I just think his record was wack and he should've done better.

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    maan im done talking about this ? over and over .

OVOSOUND
    Views from the six coming soon
    Check out ovosoundradio for exclusive new songs
    check PND new freestyle
    OVOREPSUP
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't care about drake gettin ? , his personal life is none of my damn business. I only care about him makin music or whoever he needs to write tracks for him too keep making music that i can enjoy. That's all i care about
This discussion has been closed.