Thee Official Drake vs Meek Mill beef thread

Options

Comments

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    dwade206 wrote: »
    ...and still nothing came close to Kendrick's "Control" verse.

And that was over hyped by nerds and radio personalities

U an old ass ? , what u know about the youth?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Ain't Tip friend a killer

If so drake might have dodged a bullet. Literally.

I'm still outing hands on that ? though.

word, i coulda sworn i heard tip say in a song or two cap had life or sum, i might have him confused with someone else tip rapped about tho

And you got mad when I said yall was suckas lol
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Ain't Tip friend a killer

If so drake might have dodged a bullet. Literally.

I'm still outing hands on that ? though.

word, i coulda sworn i heard tip say in a song or two cap had life or sum, i might have him confused with someone else tip rapped about tho

And you got mad when I said yall was suckas lol

u lost me here.

im a sucka cuz im tryna remember rap lyrics?
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For men, yall are terrible at math.
  • okaay
    okaay Members Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

That wasn't even a diss lol

Yeah but that ? had more heat and haymakers than all 3 of the ? tracks we heard.

No diss but "Control" had 0 quotables. Go ahead post all the heat from that song....I'll wait

• gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this has been a great week for hiphop. i cant remember when it was THIS entertaining. its like meek sacrificed his career so the fans can appreciate hiphop
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    okaay wrote: »
    TayGettem wrote: »

That wasn't even a diss lol

Yeah but that ? had more heat and haymakers than all 3 of the ? tracks we heard.

No diss but "Control" had 0 quotables. Go ahead post all the heat from that song....I'll wait
    Wat is ya pillow biting ass talking about?
    Kendrick had rappers, coaches, and the whole east coast in their feelings...
  • Purr
    Options
    Wait. I thought @sion didn't like drake?! Lol
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gemini86 wrote: »
    this has been a great week for hiphop. i cant remember when it was THIS entertaining. its like meek sacrificed his career so the fans can appreciate hiphop

You sounding like a little ? right now
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    tumblr_mzphyiIKp81scqtivo3_250.giftumblr_n68w36xpkz1qivd1ao1_500.giftumblr_mq3zubXFAp1re5z9bo1_250.gifoD8y4c5.gif

Sums up this thread and the beef
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Los216 wrote: »
    Chicity wrote: »
    Ok Let's chill for a minute and focus on one specific part in this whole beef

QM was credited on IYRTITL. Let's discuss just the ghostwriting element for a minute. We heard the supposed referenced tracks and we've also head the actual songs on the album. Aside from RICO all of the referenced tracks were hooks and bridges. They also weren't exactly the same word for word on the album.

Does that mean Drake got the influence, flow, vibe etc.. of the songs from QM but Drake himself still wrote the whole song that we hear on the album? Or does this mean that QM wrote the hook and bridge and Drake wrote the verse? Also if Drake is also credited on the songs that QM is credited on does that mean Drake wrote some of the song as well. I feel like if we step away from the memes, jokes, and stanning we can have a legit discussion on the actual ghostwriting.

Right now it doesn't matter if you're a Drake fan/hater or Meek fan/hater. Let's just discuss the reference tracks, the contributions Drake has on those tracks, and the whole ghostwriting issue itself.

Please let's just debate this.
    I doubt dude wrote for Drake ala what Biggie did for Puff and Cease or BDK did for Juice Crew or Cube did for NWA.

Seems more like he wrote or helped him with the songs that are currently buzzing. The same songs that's taking Drake from that simp lane to this 6 gawd/Memphis goon lane he current waving on

At the end of the day, having cats in ya crew or around you to keep you grounded and having the tempo of what's hot on our level is expected *What great hasn't* but it seems like Drake didn't use this QM dude to stay grounded, he just took a rapper rhymes and paid him accordingly. Of course no one believed he catching a body like that but Meek saying he ain't even writing about catching a body, he just reciting other ? catching bodies and that's a no go in my book.

Two points I wanna bring up

1. Meek has also been accused of this by 2 different artist who claim to have wrote songs not just a verse or hook, but whole songs for Meek. Another person has accused Meek of straight up stealing his style. I'm not saying this to distract us from Drake, I'm just saying the ? that's making the accusations has been accused of the same ? .

2. When is it actually considered ghostwriting verses just having some ? in the crew help out with various parts of a song?
    1) There are no tracks to back up that claim. If it happenedn they necer made tracks spitting the same ? the same way. Eith very clever or very stupid on they part.
    Styles...all these ? sound alike imo. I hear Em in K. Dot. I hear Nas in Cole. I heat Big Boi and ? in Krit. I hear Jay in Wayne and Drake. Hell, I hear TI and ? in Migos/Future/Bob. We heard Kool G in Nas, BDK and Big in Jay....

2) Ghostwriting is Nas on Big Willie or Grandmaster Caz on rappers Delight or Jay on Chronic 2001 or even D.O.C and Snoop on the Chronic. This ? that's going on now is like ghostbiting, surrounding a cats good bars with ya subpar bars. It gives the allusion yall wrote the track together but when you take his part out you got a turrible track
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know you messed up when you got non-profit organizations ethering you
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    tumblr_mzphyiIKp81scqtivo3_250.giftumblr_n68w36xpkz1qivd1ao1_500.giftumblr_mq3zubXFAp1re5z9bo1_250.gifoD8y4c5.gif

Just bringing it up again because ?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »

? 's been posted at least 3 times already bruh.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    You know you messed up when you got non-profit organizations ethering you

u mean jumping on the bandwagon...
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, just don't let me find out Lupe, Kendrick, Krit and a few of my favorite emcees on regular rotation are using ghostwriters. Drake and Meek? Eh... I'd be more upset if I found out Wale was on that ? ? .
  • Los216
    Los216 Members Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok Let's chill for a minute and focus on one specific part in this whole beef

QM was credited on IYRTITL. Let's discuss just the ghostwriting element for a minute. We heard the supposed referenced tracks and we've also head the actual songs on the album. Aside from RICO all of the referenced tracks were hooks and bridges. They also weren't exactly the same word for word on the album.

Does that mean Drake got the influence, flow, vibe etc.. of the songs from QM but Drake himself still wrote the whole song that we hear on the album? Or does this mean that QM wrote the hook and bridge and Drake wrote the verse? Also if Drake is also credited on the songs that QM is credited on does that mean Drake wrote some of the song as well. I feel like if we step away from the memes, jokes, and stanning we can have a legit discussion on the actual ghostwriting.

Right now it doesn't matter if you're a Drake fan/hater or Meek fan/hater. Let's just discuss the reference tracks, the contributions Drake has on those tracks, and the whole ghostwriting issue itself.

Please let's just debate this.
    I doubt dude wrote for Drake ala what Biggie did for Puff and Cease or BDK did for Juice Crew or Cube did for NWA.

Seems more like he wrote or helped him with the songs that are currently buzzing. The same songs that's taking Drake from that simp lane to this 6 gawd/Memphis goon lane he current waving on

At the end of the day, having cats in ya crew or around you to keep you grounded and having the tempo of what's hot on our level is expected *What great hasn't* but it seems like Drake didn't use this QM dude to stay grounded, he just took a rapper rhymes and paid him accordingly. Of course no one believed he catching a body like that but Meek saying he ain't even writing about catching a body, he just reciting other ? catching bodies and that's a no go in my book.

Two points I wanna bring up

1. Meek has also been accused of this by 2 different artist who claim to have wrote songs not just a verse or hook, but whole songs for Meek. Another person has accused Meek of straight up stealing his style. I'm not saying this to distract us from Drake, I'm just saying the ? that's making the accusations has been accused of the same ? .

2. When is it actually considered ghostwriting verses just having some ? in the crew help out with various parts of a song?
    1) There are no tracks to back up that claim. If it happenedn they necer made tracks spitting the same ? the same way. Eith very clever or very stupid on they part.
    Styles...all these ? sound alike imo. I hear Em in K. Dot. I hear Nas in Cole. I heat Big Boi and ? in Krit. I hear Jay in Wayne and Drake. Hell, I hear TI and ? in Migos/Future/Bob. We heard Kool G in Nas, BDK and Big in Jay....

2) Ghostwriting is Nas on Big Willie or Grandmaster Caz on rappers Delight or Jay on Chronic 2001 or even D.O.C and Snoop on the Chronic. This ? that's going on now is like ghostbiting, surrounding a cats good bars with ya subpar bars. It gives the allusion yall wrote the track together but when you take his part out you got a turrible track

Ghostbiting? What if I (Drake) sit in the studio with a notepad and I got 3 ? (OVO) with me and we brainstorm about the lyrics to a song that will eventually become Know Yourself. The first thing I do is decide that I want to call the song Know Yourself. One ? (QM) starts singing a catchy hook so I start writing it. Another ? (The Weekend) starts singing the bridge so I start writing that as well. I (Drake) write a verse after that.

The ? (QM) who thought of the hook goes into the booth and starts singing the hook that he thought of but I (Drake) wrote to a beat that another ? (40) made. After that he starts singing the bridge that the other ? (The Weekend) made. I (Drake) am sitting there after writing down all the lyrics to this song and I'm trying to figure out how the flow and tempo of the song should go.

After listening to QM do the song in the both I feel like I got it. I (Drake) think that I know how I want the flow of the song to go now. I (Drake) go into the booth and do the whole song by myself over the beat that 40 made.

How does the credit for that song go?
    Who wrote it?
    Who's song is it?
    Was there a ghostwriter?
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This how bad hiphop needed a lyrical spar.
  • Purr
    Options
    the ? is this "brainstorming" nonsense?
    lol... that aint hip hop...
    here go the beat... write your ? ... /end

it's that ? simple. ? are writing dissertations of ? about this beef
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This might sound reckless, but here is a way Meek could redeem himself. If he created another track that had some quality. What he could do is invade OVO fest with his people ? rush the stage while Drake is performing and perform his new diss. It would take a lot of ? to do, but I think it would gain him some respect.
  • Purr
    Options
    king mocha wrote: »

No one gives a ? what that cac has to saw about hip hop. foh.
This discussion has been closed.