Any of y'all hood ? go back to the hood after getting a life? ? depressin

Options
13»

Comments

• no2fuks
    no2fuks Members Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I moved out of the hood for good, you blame me?
    ? aim mainly at ? they can't be.
    But ? can't hit ? they can't see.
    I'm out of sight, now I'm out of they dang reach.
    How would you feel if ? wanted you killed?
    You'd probably move to a new house on a new
    hill.
    And choose a new spot if ? wanted you
    shot,
    I ain't a thug, how much Tupac in you, you got
    I ain't no ? neither.
    It's either my life or your life,
    And I ain't leaving, I like breathing.
    ? we can go round for round,
    Clip for clip, ? , fo'-pound for pound.
    ? if you really want to take it there we can,
    Just remember that you ? with a family
    man.
    I got a lot more to lose than you, remember that,
    When you wanna come and fill these shoes.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    U sound like a uppedy ass ?
    Or u could of just picked betta friends
    I hung with smart people who actually wanted to advance in life
    So we all gettin it in

Rapping ass ? . Bars.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no2fuks wrote: »
    I moved out of the hood for good, you blame me?
    ? aim mainly at ? they can't be.
    But ? can't hit ? they can't see.
    I'm out of sight, now I'm out of they dang reach.
    How would you feel if ? wanted you killed?
    You'd probably move to a new house on a new
    hill.
    And choose a new spot if ? wanted you
    shot,
    I ain't a thug, how much Tupac in you, you got
    I ain't no ? neither.
    It's either my life or your life,
    And I ain't leaving, I like breathing.
    ? we can go round for round,
    Clip for clip, ? , fo'-pound for pound.
    ? if you really want to take it there we can,
    Just remember that you ? with a family
    man.
    I got a lot more to lose than you, remember that,
    When you wanna come and fill these shoes.

I had a pretty ? life. I know what it feel like when ? want u killed from the streets 2 Hollywood. More Hollywood ? want me dead than ? on the street. I believe its the mentality that has to change. The hood mentality today isn't really the original hood mentality. My mother father grandparents and great grands are from the hood born and raise. I'm not the first person in my FAM from the hood so I got old fashion beliefs. My family is as hood as it get and don't consider low lives hood.

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I purchase a condo on the 3rd floor in the "hood". The neighborhood wasn't super safe but it was on the up and up…Aparently. The demographic was predominantly immigrant and first generation dominicans, Haitians, Jamaicans, ect.

First day, I'm unloading the Uhaul and thats when a few dudes roll up and just "chill" in the vicinity. Luckily I aint have sh*t but a futon and a tube television. .. but I'm thinking "aahhh damn, i see how its gonna be"

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Yeah like I said in the other thread, get the surveillance cameras and ADT (and cable and Internet) set up at least a week prior to moving in.

When I stayed in the hood I moved EVERYTHING not boxed up wrapped in black garbage bags and tarps. Or get movers and have somebody like your girl direct them while u park down the street and watch while they move the stuff in. Or rent the white Uhaul cargo van that has no logo on the side.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I realize people have the wrong interpretation of hood long time. Like I lived on a block that sold ? , then I moved on a good block but still live in the same community. People who are small minded think I moved out the hood because I moved on the nicer block with homeowners. When the drug traffic is still in corner store walking distance. Its all the hood its just a good block in the hood. The hood has various sides. If were around low lives that was your company u kept. When u moved u changed your company. It has nothing to do with the hood.

People seem to be brainwashed that being hood is negative. Therefore u got negative people who never grew up in the hood and people call them hood. U got positive people who grew up in the hood and people say they not "hood"

I come from a family that was mainly on drugs. I grew up poor. I had nothing as a child. I use to live in a house were family of and get high. My mother wasn't on drugs but she let family live with us who were. I went through depression and was suicidal as a kid. I never focused on my looks because I never felt pretty because of the things I went thru.

Because of my bruises I grew up hiding my scars. So I don't act ignorant and negative.. But I can sometimes.. But I notice people don't think I'm hood because of the path I choose. I stayed in school, and worked in a office for 10 years. So I developed a kinda conservative personality. My hood pain run deep tho, and I'm more hood then most people mean muggin. I don't sell ? or think like a tack head.. But this got nothing to do with hood.

People don't know what hood is. They think when u want to do right u not hood. If u grow up and c a lot of people loose their lives, and become drug addicts that sometimes make u do opposite.

I gave up schooling people tho. All I got to say, that wasn't the hood its your company. I lived in a bad situation and changed my mind and way of thinking before situation and location.

Hood don't control your choices or how u act

Goat post. I can say I'm the same. Its hard going back to my city seeing people stuck in the pothole mentality
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I be wondering what hood some be from because its like positive people don't have acceptance and y'all tease positive people so when u positive u forsake the hood because u were hated. I always had acceptance where I'm from for being positive even tho my environment negative. In Baltimore our negativity is glorified by the masses. But locally we against it. Idk. I gave up with this fight of showing people hood can be positive. I never was teased in my hood for thinking right

• grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to go home to Maryland all the time back when I lived in Virginia. Just like a lot of people, same homies I hung out with in high school either in jail or on some Gator from Jungle Fever type ? . Seemed like things got worse when I left. Things weren't perfect when I grew up there but there was still a sense that people had your back, not anymore though from what my family has told me. In a way I miss the old days & I plan on moving back eventually & try to change some ? , but even my moms keeps telling me its not worth the aggravation. Don't know what's sadder.
  • King Ghidorah
    King Ghidorah Members Posts: 917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I actually took the IC advice, I'm not a stubborn ? I am open to suggestions. I bring a couple of gs for the ? and blunts. I like bongs cause I can sanitize that ? cause some of my homeboys eat ass, and I'm not with that. ? were acting like they never smoked loud before, destroying my ?

HKrShjG.jpg

? did get high as hell, talked about dbz and politics. Some of these responses has me feeling a certain way, like. Am I being an uppity ? or do I dislike my surroundings now. I never felt like I didn't want to be home, but broke people are depressing, jobless ? are depressing. So if some loud will get ? to stop talking about who locked up again I'm straight.