Options

Comments

• AfrikQueen
    AfrikQueen Members Posts: 84
    edited August 2015
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Sounding like a hater

What have Houston given to the world besides Beyonce?

tumblr_n6kpqfztOP1r0se92o1_400.gif
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you'll hate it if you're from NY. come to Chicago.

Government need to ? that city all them savages running around out there
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    you'll hate it if you're from NY. come to Chicago.

And get shot by these ? ?
    D0sewyX.gif
    Lol nah im good.
  • Hugo Stiglitz
    Hugo Stiglitz Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Options
    Born and raised in the A (I'm talking Grady Baby...not from a suburb or some where near Atlanta). Just to reiterate what people have said already, Atlanta is FULL of people trying to stunt with bologna money. However, the IT sector is booming here, so finding a job shouldn't be a problem. Plus, the cost of living is relatively low, so you'll get more bang for your buck.

That being said, I'm trying to get the ? out of Atlanta. Looking at San Diego (IT sector is thriving there as well). Not that Atlanta's a bad city, or has nothing to offer. As you may already know, the women out number the hetero males by a lot. And, the weather isn't bad at all (except maybe 2 months out of the year. But you're from New York. Our winters are probably nothing compared to yours). Throw in the fact that there's always something to do on the weekends. The club scene is OKAY. I find myself going to lounges more now that I'm older. The strip clubs aint what they used to be though. I would say out of the entire line up of girls the club has, only 2 or 3 of them are bangers, but the dope boys, rappers, or ball players got them locked down for the whole night. Atlanta isn't as culturally diverse as New York either. You will definitely notice that as well. It does offer a variety of decent restaurants, but I would say the soul/southern food spots are the best bets (Busy Bee's, The Beautiful, Fatt Matts, Mary Mac's). We don't have a fashion district per se, but your wife/girl will still be able to find pretty good high end shopping malls (Phipps Plaza, Lenox Mall).

I've never been to Houston, but I've been to Dallas and Austin a few times. Both cities were dope and could see myself living in either. If Houston is anything like those two, I would pick Houston over Atlanta. You're young and trying to get that money. I'm sure you could get paper in either city, but in my opinion, you will grow tired of Atlanta after a while. You didn't really mention if kids/schools/family was a factor in your decision making process. That's why I left educational value, family activities out of the equation.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    School,kids are things that are for the future. Im 24 so I dont want to have kids right now. Maybe in 10 years but right now I just want to enjoy my single life. I plan to visit Atlanta first to have contacts down there and get a feel of the city.That makes sense. That is a better way to figure things out.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    School,kids are things that are for the future. Im 24 so I dont want to have kids right now. Maybe in 10 years but right now I just want to enjoy my single life. I plan to visit Atlanta first to have contacts down there and get a feel of the city.That makes sense. That is a better way to figure things out.

Prepare to see the most black people you have ever seen in yo life.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston works if you're in IT or oil. Outside of that it's so many companies that have headquarters in atlanta. If u have a degree, a little experience in your field, and some grind in u, atlanta is the spot. My brother and I own a consumer cooperative (weed growing business for dispensaries) in la and the rent for commercial space is ridiculous.

As soon As weed is legal in georgia, I'm expanding to atlanta so i won't have to go back and forth anymore. I'm partial to atlanta but houston is dope as well. Depends on your comfort level
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    I don't know if they faking in Atlanta or not,
    but every time I visit, I stay in Buckhead,
    Maserati's, Porsche's, and Benz's ride up and down the strip all day..

That ? always motivate the hell out of me..

Houston seem like a dope ass city to visit,
    but its too far south for me to live there..

@PapaDoc223 you should visit first before you decide to move,
    The north and south are like 2 different worlds,
    that's why I chose North Carolina, its in between..

That's it's Buckhead! lol.... More than likely if your in that area they ain't just stuntin', they got it b/c it ain't nothing but money up that way!

You prolly don't even know that Buckhead was THE club mecca back in the 90's into the mid 2000's. It was just a huge row of clubs where I could club/bar hop. ? was truly truly beautiful. They tore it all down for some condo's but there's a few spots around that area that you can still kick it @ (i.e. Sahara Lounge).
  • MallyG
    Options
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    Them h*es be choosing at the Compound in Atlanta

Bruuhhhhhh.... I done did Compound to DEATH for years!! I used to go every Saturday religiously and u betta damn know that spot has been good to me (sooooo many brizzles). lol

I haven't been in hot ass minute mainly b/c it's has gotten a lot younger (thanks 107.9), to many artist/celebrity nights (them sac chaser be out) and there are a lot of posers in there (? included). But I might his swing thru one of these weekends and see what it do for old times sake.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Follies is the spot in ATL
  • texas409
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Velvet Room used to go hard. I remember T.I. dropped What You Know and that ATL movie in 06 and had the whole city wired up. He had his album release party there and I promise I never seen so many people trying to get into one club before...? looked like a sporting event
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston works if you're in IT or oil. Outside of that it's so many companies that have headquarters in atlanta. If u have a degree, a little experience in your field, and some grind in u, atlanta is the spot. My brother and I own a consumer cooperative (weed growing business for dispensaries) in la and the rent for commercial space is ridiculous.

As soon As weed is legal in georgia, I'm expanding to atlanta so i won't have to go back and forth anymore. I'm partial to atlanta but houston is dope as well. Depends on your comfort level

@manofmorehouse We gonna have to talk business soon. You know DC legalized that ? . I'm bout to fund my little brothers grow op up there. Definitely would like to get some insight on the numbers and how you're doing out there. Hell maybe we can even do a joint venture soon.
  • MallyG
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    I'm in the same exact boat. I've lived in NYC my whole life. While I'm still young and single I want to live in another city for at least a year. My two choices are Miami or Atl. Both places are cheaper to live than in NYC. But for what I'm paying for my box of a soho apartment I can live big in Atl. I'm a software developer the NYC market pays more but there seems to a plethora of open jobs in the field in Atl. What area of the Atl is the best to live? Close to nightlife shopping etc?

If you wanna be close to the nightlife, I'd say Buckhead, Brookhaven, Marietta (not far from downtown, but not extremely close. Plus your right next to Cumberland Mall). Then you have various locations on the Eastside (Decatur/Lithonia area) that have there own spots to hit buy your a lil further from downtown.

As far as jus living in a nice area the aforementioned areas are cool along with most parts of Gwinnett County (Lawerenceville, Norcross, Duluth), Cobb County (Marietta, Smyrna, Vinings), North Fulton (Alpharetta, Johns Creek), Dunwoody, Toco Hills.... Southside u got Peachtree City, Fayetteville, Fairburn . The only thing about some of these city's is that they can be far from some other places around/in Atlanta. And the traffic on the North(east/west)side is horrendous!!!!

• mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of my best homies is from NY. I think Lower East Manhattan or something like that.....

He stay in ATL and cool w/ it. He got a lady so he don't be out there like that though. I've been to the A more than enough times and enjoyed it. I'm in IT myself so I would expect that field to be booming in any major city. Even in Columbia, SC (the Metro) I had job offers and the nightlife there was cool too. Never been to H-town, but I got a high school friend out there and he in IT as well, so if it came down to it, I'd try H-town myself.....
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    texas409 wrote: »
    Houston can be overrated at times too. The people here stay aggy too. Atl I'd like my second home meet plenty of chicks from other cities constantly and there is always something to do. Clubs don't close at 2 like in Houston and there is plenty of shopping spots. If you making good money and are single with no kids ATL is a black man's paradise

what up
    I'm in the same exact boat. I've lived in NYC my whole life. While I'm still young and single I want to live in another city for at least a year. My two choices are Miami or Atl. Both places are cheaper to live than in NYC. But for what I'm paying for my box of a soho apartment I can live big in Atl. I'm a software developer the NYC market pays more but there seems to a plethora of open jobs in the field in Atl. What area of the Atl is the best to live? Close to nightlife shopping etc?
    why you living in Soho tho?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    houston has messicans tho
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ayl
    MallyG wrote: »
    illedout wrote: »
    I don't know if they faking in Atlanta or not,
    but every time I visit, I stay in Buckhead,
    Maserati's, Porsche's, and Benz's ride up and down the strip all day..

That ? always motivate the hell out of me..

Houston seem like a dope ass city to visit,
    but its too far south for me to live there..

@PapaDoc223 you should visit first before you decide to move,
    The north and south are like 2 different worlds,
    that's why I chose North Carolina, its in between..

That's it's Buckhead! lol.... More than likely if your in that area they ain't just stuntin', they got it b/c it ain't nothing but money up that way!

You prolly don't even know that Buckhead was THE club mecca back in the 90's into the mid 2000's. It was just a huge row of clubs where I could club/bar hop. ? was truly truly beautiful. They tore it all down for some condo's but there's a few spots around that area that you can still kick it @ (i.e. Sahara Lounge).

Frequency the old espn zone the old velvet room 112. ? used to jump
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you wanna be close to the nightlife, I'd say Buckhead, Brookhaven, Marietta (not far from downtown, but not extremely close. Plus your right next to Cumberland Mall). Then you have various locations on the Eastside (Decatur/Lithonia area) that have there own spots to hit buy your a lil further from downtown.

As far as jus living in a nice area the aforementioned areas are cool along with most parts of Gwinnett County (Lawerenceville, Norcross, Duluth), Cobb County (Marietta, Smyrna, Vinings), North Fulton (Alpharetta, Johns Creek), Dunwoody, Toco Hills.... Southside u got Peachtree City, Fayetteville, Fairburn . The only thing about some of these city's is that they can be far from some other places around/in Atlanta. And the traffic on the North(east/west)side is horrendous!!!!

The far eastside got nice spots too. Conyers Covington. I stay in lithonia. Nice houses for good prices. The traffic a beast goin 20 east and 285 at spaghetti junction.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Based on the choices......If you wanna be in IT, move to Houston.

But, If you wanna control and shape IT, move to Silicon Valley.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Houston is too ? hot
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both got beautiful black women
  • MallyG
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »

The far eastside got nice spots too. Conyers Covington. I stay in lithonia. Nice houses for good prices. The traffic a beast goin 20 east and 285 at spaghetti junction.

Oh yeah you right, Conyers and Convington are nice, but waaaayyy out. I got some brawds that stay out that way and the barely see me cuz that ? is a hike!! (I'm on the south side)

And bruh anytime after 2:30/3p.m. until about 7 (not even gonna speak on in the morning), I avoid 20 east, Spaghetti Junction (and that portion of 85) and downtown @ all cost. U might as well have Snickers on hand. lol
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every time I'm in Atlanta, I be live in Cumberland Mall. It be some bad chicks in there
  • texas409
    Options
    DTLR with the goat clothes lol