How would you try to bring up our community?

Options
MistyKnight
MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
You have just inherited 500 million dollars.

Which would you choose to help us overcome the white supremacy of this country?

If you can think of more ideas, select other and post them below!

How would you try to bring up our community? 25 votes

Give 1 million to each black family (wealth=power right?)
0%
Give 1 million to every black owned business/entrepreneurs (money may be safer with those who already worked hard to earn a business)
0%
Create nationwide schools that will educate children on the reality of the white supremacy in this country and teach them the tools that they need to become powerful leaders in this nation along with teaching them standard education. (children are the future, right?)
32%
vitoriaTrillaaaaaaBelovedAfeniAjackson17NothingButTheTruthblacktuxMistyKnight zzombie 8 votes
Give 1 million to each pro black organization.
0%
Other.
68%
mryounggunillestni99ainneKwan DaiCapitalBLPastJokerzWyldBully_Pulpitnumbaz...80's babySneakDZANeighborhoodNomad. A Talented OneBazz-BD0wnThereal_baHugo StiglitzSolemnSaucecrownedwise 17 votes

Comments

• KUSHCLICK314
    KUSHCLICK314 Members Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would take a portion of the money and try and start some type of program that brings more awareness to MENTAL ILLNESS in black communities. I feel that mental issues in black families get swept under the rug too often. I would also like to start a couple of youth centers like the YMCA that would offer after school programs with tutors and counselors that can help a lot of these children deal with gang violence and drug addictions.
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other.
    Im not giving away ? , but I will invest in black business' that have solid business plans.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Create nationwide schools that will educate children on the reality of the white supremacy in this country and teach them the tools that they need to become powerful leaders in this nation along with teaching them standard education. (children are the future, right?)
    Giving stuff to people will never help them, people dont appreciate things they are given.

Trying to be nice today, so i chose the only sustainable option that can yield something positive.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at "we", you are not part of "we"
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    find people who have the desire to be in the streets that talk the talk of the youth but want to guide them in a positive direction..

in the black community we have alot of leaders. some need resources....some need to understand their calling, some need to understand their abilities and power.

sometimes its just the disconnect in those that have and those that can reach
  • MistyKnight
    Options
    I think I would go with the school route.

The more we educate, the more leaders we will build.

@2stepz_ahead is absolutely right.

We need more black leaders and those leaders need the resources.

If I were to inherit 500 million dollars, I would build an organization, recruit leaders who will spread knowledge and educate black communities nationwide.
  • BrazilianHairMoney
    BrazilianHairMoney Members Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would take a portion of the money and try and start some type of program that brings more awareness to MENTAL ILLNESS in black communities. I feel that mental issues in black families get swept under the rug too often. I would also like to start a couple of youth centers like the YMCA that would offer after school programs with tutors and counselors that can help a lot of these children deal with gang violence and drug addictions.

True if people tare down their own community they must got mental illness
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would be the preacher of black kingdom
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would build anti hoe re-education centers that would reach young girls at an early age and teach them not to be scandalous trifling worthless hoes.
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would invest money in establishing seperate but equal policy in the United states. Whites don't want us around them anyway so ? them. I'd establish infrastructure for banks, a police force, education, trades, etc. Of course we couldn't be on a complete island and services provided by the government would still be paid by taxes. I'd eliminate welfare for everyone not disabled or mentally capacitated. Gangs, pedophiles, murderers, lovers of white women, people that didn't agree with the policies would be expelled to fend for themselves in the world they live in now. With the foundation laid, we'd be on our way to being kings and queens again
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A million to each black family? There are only 500 black families?

Yes
  • MistyKnight
    Options

According to the last census, there were 41.7 million blacks in the US.. Thats what I based this off of.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Giving money away to families that have zero financial literacy is only going to make ? a lot worse once that money runs out.

Starting programs that promote job creation, economic empowerment, and education benefits everyone....of course, scholarships, grants, and investing in black-owned businesses should be the TRUE goal here.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Khaleesi wrote: »

According to the last census, there were 41.7 million blacks in the US.. Thats what I based this off of.

giphy.gif

I'm saying 500 million is nowhere near enough to give a million to each black family...and the same goes for a a couple of the other choices
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you give money to random back people they will just turn around and give it right back to white people
    Not all black businessmen are equal, some of them are just bad businessmen which means any money given to them is at risk of being wasted.

ALSO a lot of them actually don't give a ? about black people AND I AM not giving money to any black business man that is married to a non-black woman, the next thing you know he dies and some white ? inherits the money.
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Invest in black business

Help brother Umar open a few schools

Support halfway houses for brothers & sisters coming home from jail with free classes for computer & vocational training in exchange for community service

Support inner city after school programs ....math computer, 2nd & 3rd language classes, Spanish and mandarin

Have black churches get more involved and networking with each other and local community centers & black businesses ....and receive generous donation

buy & fix up small house in the hood and have lease to own programs in place for low income black families with little to no credit

College scholarships for X amount of community service
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other.
    Opening up blk buisnesses, n giving loans to start black buisnesses, in my opinion is, the best way to go.
    The only way to combat wht supremacy is, to create a parell economy, to where we can depend on our selves. Only then can we build schools etc...
    In a capitalistic society u need capital to attain resources
    I always thought the panthers had ? figured out, in how they made sure ppl needs were met, before educating them...
  • Hugo Stiglitz
    Hugo Stiglitz Members Posts: 89 ✭✭
    Options
    Other.
    Meant to vote for creating nationwide schools.....but take it one step further. Set the schools up as private preparatory institutions (starting at the 8th grade) that focus mainly on math and sciences/college prep courses. Make the schools tuition free, but with certain criteria for selection (aptitude testing, primary school grades). For those that continue their education at a college/university, provide them with financial assistance as well if needed.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I inherited money and got no definite revenue coming in? Yea my neighborhood aint getting ? .
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd do all of those things, really.

Probably go for broke, too. Pretty sure I'd be considered a terrorist threat and on most wanted list soon after. Might as well do as much as possible before they ? me.

Or.... I faked my death.