Migos Flop Watch Slated to Sell 12-14K

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://news.hiphopearly.com/lil-dicky-set-outsell-migos-first-week-sales/

Last Friday, Migos released their debut album, YRN. Also on that same day, buzzing white rapper Lil Dicky put out Professional Rapper. The first week sales projections are in, and it looks like Dicky will be almost doubling Migos in sales.

Lil Dicky’s album is projected to do 21-24K, whereas Migos are currently at 12-14K. The numbers are interesting considering Migos are more accepted in hip-hop than Dicky has been.

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they hot in the streets/clubs but outside of versace never been hot on the charts
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Abraxas wrote: »
    This is what happens when you don't drop ? when you have momentum.

Should've dropped around the time versace came out.

Like those rae sermmurd dudes
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Wow..
    That's Troy Ave Numbers, Migos more popular than Troy Ave.
    Joey Badass first album "B4.Da.$$" sold almost 55,000 first week without a chart topping single..

@sr_the_freshman you may be on to something..
  • murdap
    murdap Members Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭
    Options
    If the other member wouldve been out of jail group would have done descent numbers. 12k is out the back of the trunk at the flea market numbers.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They waited too long to drop the album and I don't understand these artist dropping they albums on Friday now. The album was disappointing either way. The label had them singing about love with Chris Brown on it, sounded force. Back to selling dope on mixtapes fellas, ya'll was eating off that.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The trap music audience don't go on iTunes or go to bestbuy to buy albums ... only way you can sell records with that sound is if you got some kinda angle that pulls in the hoodrats

But I doubt they were expecting to do any real numbers anyway...it was all indie...they'll be able to eat off tours because of this for a lil while now tho
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    They waited too long to drop the album and I don't understand these artist dropping they albums on Friday now. The album was disappointing either way. The label had them singing about love with Chris Brown on it, sounded force. Back to selling dope on mixtapes fellas, ya'll was eating off that.

I haven't heard the album but I knew it wasn't going to sound like Rich ? Timeline because they had cheesy chorus singing Chris Brown on it. I missed the days, where an artist will put a no name random singer singing a hook to a song. Now, it seem like Chris Brown is the go to dude. Migos my niccas but naw, I can't rock with this shxt
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who the hell is lil dicky?
  • King_sorrow
    King_sorrow Members Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White privilege because a guy who raps primarily to middle class suburban white kids and experiences that resonate with them in a 70 percent white country sells more then some ? from Atlanta who most of America has never heard of talking about trapping. Got it. Some smart people on here but yall prejudices are affecting your ear for rap.
  • mchg
    mchg Members Posts: 190 ✭✭
    Options
    Migos got the streetz turnt & outchea doin Troy Median #'s? :bawling:

These fans wishy washy :trollface:
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    White privilege because a guy who raps primarily to middle class suburban white kids and experiences that resonate with them in a 70 percent white country sells more then some ? from Atlanta who most of America has never heard of talking about trapping. Got it. Some smart people on here but yall prejudices are affecting your ear for rap.

a white rapper sold 24K which most mediocre white rappers sell nowadays. ? sell over 24K first week every week B. all these so called migos fans didn't support him at all plain and simple.

it's funny cause ? will clown a rapper they don't like (even in the south like big krit because hes too "Boring") but now ? who like these ATL rappers making excuses like they didn't release at the right time or the sorry excuse that some whiteboy has white privilege because he went triple wood and migos only double wood.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

a white rapper sold 24K which most mediocre white rappers sell nowadays. ? sell over 24K first week every week B. all these so called migos fans didn't support him at all plain and simple.

it's funny cause ? will clown a rapper they don't like (even in the south like big krit because hes too "Boring") but now ? who like these ATL rappers making excuses like they didn't release at the right time or the sorry excuse that some whiteboy has white privilege because he went triple wood and migos only double wood.

Clown even Jamaica came in here and basically said they didn't release at the right time. As hot as they been they should have dropped an album a year ago.

Then again it was you that made the thread.