Thee Official Drake vs Meek Mill beef thread

Options

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did Meek drop a new track? U know one I can put on my iPod? Cuz I ve never had a desire to attend a mill concert....so I'm damn not watching concert vids....drop the track ?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Caitlyn jenners to drizzy drakes... And he suppose to be a battle rapper? Man ?
    But but
    Trigger fingers to Twitter fingers

that was actually a decent slight. the rest of that ? is ? gassed up for no reason.
    "Is that your tour or your girls tour"
    ? outta here.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a damn shame he waited so late due to Drake having him shook up. When you actually do a comparative analysis of this with Drake's verses. Not bad.
    518.gif

"? is real, the ? crackers itching to do me like emmett till
    I can smell death in the air and you the ? ,
    when you was still out in the field toting them glocks,
    man he was still wheel chair jimmie rolling the block
    my momma use to hold the berettas when it was hot,
    his momma use to peek out the window and call the cops
    the nerve of yall ? saying started from the bottom when its real ? dying who cops killing and metal flying.
    All that ? you selling real ? never buying."

Ain't no way you ? can gas up them back-to-back verses then pretend like the last part of Meek's ? didn't have some substance/heat.

Damn that ? hard

Meek making a come back
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    It's a damn shame he waited so late due to Drake having him shook up. When you actually do a comparative analysis of this with Drake's verses. Not bad.
    518.gif

the nerve of yall ? saying started from the bottom when its real ? dying who cops killing and metal flying.

Ain't no way you ? can gas up them back-to-back verses then pretend like the last part of Meek's ? didn't have some substance/heat.

Damn that ? hard

Meek making a come back

While impressive, its too Lil too late. Media already trying to force a Kendrick/ Drake beef. Everybody has moved on.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    518.gif

Damn that ? hard

Meek making a come back

While impressive, its too Lil too late. Media already trying to force a Kendrick/ Drake beef. Everybody has moved on.

Wht media dictates hiphop... okay
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm still holding out for meek to put all these verses in a track I don't roll with what the media tells me to think.... I honestly think it's wack Meek ain't get the same shake Drake got to make a follow up track to his first one.... Drake dropped that weak charged up and all you heard was "its ok yea it was weak but its just a bait track, his second one he gonna come with the real stuff" and everybody gave him a chance to redeem himself which he did...but now with Meek everybody like you only got ONE chance if you slip up here that's it you lost you're done we don't wanna hear no more we not giving you a chance to redeem yourself like we gave Drake....

But some how me pointing this out means I'm a Drake hater tryna preserve Meeks life when in actuality all it is is me saying hey give em both the same shake then decide not give one an advantage over the other and decide off that
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I'm still holding out for make to put all these verses in a track I don't roll with what the media tells me to think.... I honestly think it's wack Meek ain't get the same shake Drake got to make a follow up track to his first one.... Drake dropped that weak charged up and all you heard was "its ok yea it was weak but its just a bait track, his second one he gonna come with the real stuff" and everybody gave him a chance to redeem himself which he did...but now with Meek everybody like you only got ONE chance if you slip up here that's it you lost you're done we don't wanna hear no more we not giving you a chance to redeem yourself like we gave Drake....

But some how me pointing this out means I'm a Drake hater tryna preserve Meeks life when in actuality all it is is me saying hey give em both the same shake then decide not give one an advantage over the other and decide off that

The media doesn't have to tell you to think anything, if you view this as anything other than an ass whipping that Drake handed Meek then you need new eyes and ears.

Fair shake? HUH? Meek STARTED the ? . He should have been locked and loaded. Nobody's fault but his own. He thought it was an easy win and didn't train.

But Meek is a BATTLE RAPPER! You know the rules to this ? . You destroy your opponent with hot lines and bars. He literally let a singing ? body him. He has had multiple chances to redeem himself and he hasn't. This will go down as a CLASSIC ass whipping and other rappers will learn from Meek's mistakes. Checker and Chess is an understatement. I'm not a fan of either, but I do appreciate this caliber of hip-hop (although one sided).
  • GetoBoy
    edited August 2015
    Options
    h8rhurta wrote: »
    I'm still holding out for make to put all these verses in a track I don't roll with what the media tells me to think.... I honestly think it's wack Meek ain't get the same shake Drake got to make a follow up track to his first one.... Drake dropped that weak charged up and all you heard was "its ok yea it was weak but its just a bait track, his second one he gonna come with the real stuff" and everybody gave him a chance to redeem himself which he did...but now with Meek everybody like you only got ONE chance if you slip up here that's it you lost you're done we don't wanna hear no more we not giving you a chance to redeem yourself like we gave Drake....

The media doesn't have to tell you to think anything, if you view this as anything other than an ass whipping that Drake handed Meek then you need new eyes and ears.

Fair shake? HUH? Meek STARTED the ? . He should have been locked and loaded. Nobody's fault but his own. He thought it was an easy win and didn't train.

But Meek is a BATTLE RAPPER! You know the rules to this ? . You destroy your opponent with hot lines and bars. He literally let a singing ? body him. He has had multiple chances to redeem himself and he hasn't. This will go down as a CLASSIC ass whipping and other rappers will learn from Meek's mistakes. Checker and Chess is an understatement. I'm not a fan of either, but I do appreciate this caliber of hip-hop (although one sided).

If what Drake dropped is y'all definition of "bodying somebody" then I feel bad becuz this has to be the absolute weakest track I've ever seen a battle be won off of....when I judge battles I like to see both have the same chance as the other not "ok I'll give you 2 chances to give me something hot...and I'll give you one chance to give me something hot".... We judging one person best verses the other persons worse and deciding who won that way....maybe I'm old school but I like to judge best against best and worst against worst then decide.... This is just a objective way to do things but objectivity is a rare thing these days I see
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so now that drakes writing is in question....

even if meek comes with heat for like 5 tracks....

yall gonna say drake still won?
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    so if a ? clowns a ? in the lunch room and the kid gets up and hits him with two solid punches but doesnt KO him.....the kid who started it punches back and busts his lip...

can the kid who didnt KO him say im waiting for him to throw another punch before i KO him?
    ? really saying its over even tho the kids fighting back?

just curious
  • IgboNegro
    IgboNegro Members Posts: 818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Drake won the masses over, so he'll be seen as the winner by casual fans no matter what, everything will look like Meek is trying too hard
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah. but I won't oppose meek coming with heat for 5 tracks

let's see him come with heat for 1 song first though
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »

yeah. but I won't oppose meek coming with heat for 5 tracks

let's see him come with heat for 1 song first though

Yeah he's gonna need to come with heat for at least 1 track first before we can start changing the verdict.

Drake still got ghostwriters though. Just sayin...
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IgboNegro wrote: »

Drake won the masses over, so he'll be seen as the winner by casual fans no matter what, everything will look like Meek is trying too hard
    But the battle aint over Meek is still swinging. The masses thought Jay won as well .. then ether dropped.
    The masses can easily be swayed.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm still holding out for meek to put all these verses in a track I don't roll with what the media tells me to think.... I honestly think it's wack Meek ain't get the same shake Drake got to make a follow up track to his first one.... Drake dropped that weak charged up and all you heard was "its ok yea it was weak but its just a bait track, his second one he gonna come with the real stuff" and everybody gave him a chance to redeem himself which he did...but now with Meek everybody like you only got ONE chance if you slip up here that's it you lost you're done we don't wanna hear no more we not giving you a chance to redeem yourself like we gave Drake....

You have a point except the main reason people expected a quicker response from Meek is because he fired the 1st shots. You can't fire off shots in a battle and not have anything prepared to drop. Thaats most people main problem with Meek. How you initiate a battle but don't even have any battle raps ready to go? ? even Drake did Back to Back 4 days after Charged Up. Its been more than a week and all we got from Meek is Wanna Know, him threatening wedgies and random bars from his shows. Somebody on his team should've helped home execute this better because Meeks execution from jump with they Twitter rant has been all the way off. And now with Compton out Meek really might be pushed to the background
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    if the streets stay true to meek ....drake wont be able to tour in too many places without extra security
  • GetoBoy
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

You have a point except the main reason people expected a quicker response from Meek is because he fired the 1st shots. You can't fire off shots in a battle and not have anything prepared to drop. Thaats most people main problem with Meek. How you initiate a battle but don't even have any battle raps ready to go? ? even Drake did Back to Back 4 days after Charged Up. Its been more than a week and all we got from Meek is Wanna Know, him threatening wedgies and random bars from his shows. Somebody on his team should've helped home execute this better because Meeks execution from jump with they Twitter rant has been all the way off

Yea I feel you but at the end of the day hip hop battles are judged with bars.... Every hip hop beef is started off wax for whatever reason then when it gets to the raps that's when all the other ? gets thrown out and we begin to judge it solely on both rappers given there same chances and coming with their best.....in this situation once it got to the raps everybody basically said we gonna give Drake the advantage in this battle and allow him one slip up while we need a classic diss from Meek out the gate or we considering him the loser and that's it....all I wanna see is both be allowed to drop they best work or at least be allowed to redeem themselves from their first attempts then judge
  • h8rhurta
    Options

If what Drake dropped is y'all definition of "bodying somebody" then I feel bad becuz this has to be the absolute weakest track I've ever seen a battle be won off of....when I judge battles I like to see both have the same chance as the other not "ok I'll give you 2 chances to give me something hot...and I'll give you one chance to give me something hot".... We judging one person best verses the other persons worse and deciding who won that way....maybe I'm old school but I like to judge best against best and worst against worst then decide.... This is just a objective way to do things but objectivity is a rare thing these days I see

He hit Meek with FACTS and personal jabs. Feel bad all you want, but HIT 'EM UP was mostly make believe and the fact that Pac said he ? Biggies wife and aggression clearly scored him the win.

This is 'WAR'. OK, I took 2 shots at you. I'm going to stand here and let you shoot another clip at me until we're even in shots. FOH!

No one told Meek to not make a great diss track. What else are we supposed to judge? He hasn't dropped ? else.
  • h8rhurta
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

You have a point except the main reason people expected a quicker response from Meek is because he fired the 1st shots. You can't fire off shots in a battle and not have anything prepared to drop. Thaats most people main problem with Meek. How you initiate a battle but don't even have any battle raps ready to go? ? even Drake did Back to Back 4 days after Charged Up. Its been more than a week and all we got from Meek is Wanna Know, him threatening wedgies and random bars from his shows. Somebody on his team should've helped home execute this better because Meeks execution from jump with they Twitter rant has been all the way off

Yea I feel you but at the end of the day hip hop battles are judged with bars
    .... Every hip hop beef is started off wax for whatever reason then when it gets to the raps that's when all the other ? gets thrown out and we begin to judge it solely on both rappers given there same chances and coming with their best.....in this situation once it got to the raps everybody basically said we gonna give Drake the advantage in this battle and allow him one slip up while we need a classic diss from Meek out the gate or we considering him the loser and that's it....all I wanna see is both be allowed to drop they best work or at least be allowed to redeem themselves from their first attempts then judge

***CLOSE THREAD***

Meek's bar didn't hit as hard as Drake's. Don't debate it. We'll revisit this IF Meek puts out another track.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    if the streets stay true to meek ....drake wont be able to tour in too many places without extra security

Yeah because random ? in cities not named Philly are gonna be out riding for Meek Mill looking for Drake everytime he goes on tour
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    This ? needs to be locked unless Drake drop 3peat, it's only about 4 trolls in here tryin to do the impossible and save Meek, Drake won, it's over...

Nobody's cares about what Meek gotta say, it looks like he's tryin to drag the beef out now so he can stay relevant bc he knows once the beef dies he dies....

• GetoBoy
    Options

He hit Meek with FACTS and personal jabs. Feel bad all you want, but HIT 'EM UP was mostly make believe and the fact that Pac said he ? Biggies wife and aggression clearly scored him the win.

This is 'WAR'. OK, I took 2 shots at you. I'm going to stand here and let you shoot another clip at me until we're even in shots. FOH!

No one told Meek to not make a great diss track. What else are we supposed to judge? He hasn't dropped ? else.

Dafuq said he gotta sit and LET him do anything this ain't bout Drake this is aimed at the ppl judging this ? as its already over becuz they didn't like Meeks first diss better then they liked Drake's second diss.....is Drake winning of course but again this is aimed at the ppl saying its over Meek lost the battle we don't wanna hear no more from him.... That's like you getting in a fight and a ? swing at you and miss then swings again and hits you then you swing back and miss and b4 you can swing again everybody says nope stop the fight its over you lost.....? wouldn't make no sense
  • h8rhurta
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    blu197 wrote: »
    This ? needs to be locked unless Drake drop 3peat, it's only about 4 trolls in here tryin to do the impossible and save Meek, Drake won, it's over...

Nobody's cares about what Meek gotta say, it looks like he's tryin to drag the beef out now so he can stay relevant bc he knows once the beef dies he dies....

This discussion has been closed.